Toonami Ratings for 8/13/16

There will be an OPM rerun marathon on September 3rd. No new episodes will play

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 will replace One Punch Man starting October 15th.

Intruder 3 is coming in November. It will have a smaller budget than 2, and will be about 15 minutes worth of content.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, delayed till 2017.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Lasts weeks ratings were nothing special, nothing spectacular or terrible. For the fucking idiot who doesn't know how to read, this is where my dialog on LAST weeks ratings ends. THIS weeks ratings were a bit of a let down with OPM trailing off from its last few weeks. However, OPM had excellent retention from DBZ which typically doesn't happen. Even so, the ratings for the rest of the block were down too, and One Piece and Parasyte failed to make the top 100 chart again with record low numbers

11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai 1194 0.51 644
12:00a One-Punch Man 1124 0.50 640
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 901 0.41 516
1:00a Hunter X Hunter 837 0.37 470

1:30a Naruto: Shippuden 703 0.31 390
2:00a One Piece 573 0.23 292
2:30a Parasyte: The Maxim (r) 524 0.21 265

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CMmPfCm_Beo
youtu.be/uFb1pcYqUX4
youtube.com/watch?v=9Eqca_Wc2V0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One Piece?

More like One Piece of ______

Family Guy was down too so it wasn't all Toonami

8:00 King of the Hill (r) 0.35 598 0.21
8:30 King of the Hill (r) 0.41 664 0.25
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.44 636 0.25
9:30 American Dad (r) 0.59 870 0.34

10:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.76 1133 0.47
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.89 1317 0.56
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1350 0.55

Off to a great start. You could at least post a full sentence or opinion instead of some shitty attempt a meme.

And the comedy reruns were in the shitter too

3:00a Rick & Morty (r) 509 0.20
3:30a American Dad (r) 569 0.24
4:00a Infomercials (r) 505 0.20
4:15a Off the Air (r) 429 0.17

4:30a The Cleveland Show (r) 443 0.18
5:00a King of the Hill (r) 507 0.21
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 508 0.21

BEST ON THE RIGHT

I didn't need one, I'll let those piss poor ratings speak for themselves

Man this block is really gonna stagnant out when Jojo starts. Pretty much all we get in 2017 is Jack and maybe one other show.

Unless Jojo is an absolute home run with normies, we won't ever see an expansion

I'd shitpost but this whole thing is just bumming me out man. Not the ratings but just the whole vibe of this post mang.

>Those ratings

DeMarco really shot himself in the foot when he got a gundam show where nothing happens and another long runner where the hype takes too long to get to

I told you faggots One Punch Meme was ratings cancer

can circlejerking save this thread

>tfw they're going to have to slog through Part 3 of Jayjay's unusual odyssey for a year and ahalf or something unless they 4kids it

It's saving toonami.

>dat Rick and Morty drop

I like Rick and Morty, but it only has 20 episodes that have been rerun to death the past few years.

When will Adult Swim realize that sandwiching AS originals between King of the Hill and McFarlane shows never works? Aqua Teen, Rick and Morty, Home Movies, Squidbillies, Harvey Birdman, Robot Chicken, The Oblongs. All of these failed and simply dragged down the ratings for the rest of the night (including Toonami as casual viewers will simply switch off AS for something else and then forget to tune back in. Originals only due well after midnight with the FOX block as a suitable leadin.

And King of the Hill seems to be losing its ratings luster on Saturday evenings too. Often times the 5:00 and 5:30 repeat will do better than the 8:00 and 8:30.

>.21

Parasyte was such a poor choice for the rerun slot, this would have done much better

Trips tell the truth

Which is a shame, because Parasyte was better. Less rewatch value, though.

It's certainly not hurting the block. Even if you hate the show, you have to admit that. IBO is where the ratings really start to drop.

Hopefully it will kill the thread.

>mfw Home Movies is getting an HD remaster

Well sure, I love the show but that's an opinion. The numbers however are facts and it's just one shithead pushing his shitty meme. It's just too bad another great show, KLK, is being by used by him and getting caught in the crossfire.

>mfw this got better ratings at 4:00 AM on Friday than One Piece did at 2:00 on Saturday
youtube.com/watch?v=CMmPfCm_Beo

>even having a rerun spot
>using a canonical show to rerun.

>So shit even DeMarco didn't want to rerun it

so uh, anyone hoping we get a decent music video this go round this saturday

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT ONE PIECE IS LITERALLY THE BEST SELLING COMIC BOOK IN HISTORY

It's not like any show after IBO would perform better if it were moved up. I seriously doubt going from OPM to HxH would keep much viewers.

You can't argue it would have performed better. Parasyte is great once. Without the suspense, there is no rewatch value. Even waiting a few months to rerun it would have been better than an immediate rerun.

AgK is mindless action, much better for retaining casual viewers. Doesn't matter if you miss episodes since the story is such a mess.

Now that the block starts 30 minutes earlier they Demarco really needs to make a push for a new show. Push the long runners down again, then at least we have a second show to rotate

It actually probably would if we were a little further into the decent parts of HxH. Shame that's a solid year away. Going from a comedy/action title to a srs business """action""" title doesn't mesh at all, and the ratings show that every week. Even when DBZ was behind it it was struggling

So this is basically a roleplay thread for faggots who want to pretend to be advertisers and network executives?

fuck off. i bet you like home movies.

yes, we complain about how DeMarco runs Toonami and then proceed to give out terrible advice explaining how we'd run Toonami into the ground without even realizing it

We are DeMarco

Hi Demarco, nice of you to pop in

I do like Home Movies.

How do I help toonami if I'm only able to stream them the morning after?

I don't want to buy a $100+ TV and get an expensive cable subscription for something that I would only watch 3~5 hours once a week.

Get a better job so you can afford television, like everyone else who has it.

getting cable wouldn't help, they could count you in ratings if you're a nielsen household

So contact Nielsen for a TV Diary, spam it with Toonami only entries, return it, and keep just watching Toonami Sunday mornings?

Shit I'll fucking do it if Nielsen will permit it.

You're better off just getting a Crunchyroll account.

They're a sponsor of Adult Swim, so you're still supporting the network.

just like how you like dicks up your ass

THIS SHIT IS SO FUCKING BOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I WOULD RATHER A FUCKING ONE PIECE DOUBLE SLOT THAN THIS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Shut up. No one likes you, namefag.

rude

>More like One Piece of ______

BOOTY

I thought we were friends :(

You thought wrong you stupid piece of trash.

can I Be a stupid piece of trash?

only I am allowed to be a stupid piece of trash

you mealy mouthed crotch pheasant

>pheasant
I like birds

You are just for responding to them.

you have shit taste
home movies is fucking squiggle fart joke mumble garbage for underage kiddies

and I hate you

how edgy

get out of my thread

toonami general belongs to namefags

Oh. No wonder toonami ratings have been tanking.

I bet you pirate it anyway.

unite my brothers

push the normies out!

reclaim the thread for it's true masters!!

Mob Psycho 100 on toonami when?

youtu.be/uFb1pcYqUX4

Illegal downloads?

You're going to be cursed.

You're not cqc, you're far less of a submissive faggot.

Don't bully him, faggot

After Slayers

This is why namefags are especially bad, anyone can put on a name and shit up the threads even more than usual.

Why does Sup Forums even have a name option when it also has tripcodes? What features do names offer that trips don't also offer?

Don't. The only way to change Toonami is allow it to fail. Demarco won't listen to anything but ratings

but it's already technically been on toonami because of the commercial

AFTER SLAYERS YOU FUCKING NEWFAG

You are shitposting if you think a show with a mild bit of action in 95% of the episodes is worse than One Piece with 5 minute minimum recaps, flashbacks on flashbacks, and time filler facial reactions and yelling is the more boring choice

but i've been here since the beginning

my life is empty

>my life is empty
You should just get Crunchyroll so can watch anime whenever you want and so you won't have to come here anymore.

but i just download everything i want to watch illegally already

i still always watch toonami though

i am cursed

>but i just download everything i want to watch illegally already

Why?

because i can

People in animation have it hard enough. You think they don't deserve to be paid for the work they do?Even though you consume it? Why?

Exactly unless your a broke NEET in your moms basement crunchy subscriptions cheap at least try and support near those poor fucks toiling away for hours on end just to create your perfect waifu

I buy it once I can own it digitally or physically. I even bought the Jojo dub on iTunes.

>tfw you have to torrent animu at the library because of Comcast cyber police

>tfw you just watch anime on streaming services and dvds because not broke

>More like One Piece of ______
youtube.com/watch?v=9Eqca_Wc2V0

>tfw Kisscartoon and CrunchyRoll has all you ned

When will the anti-Home Movies campaign end?

>Kisscartoon
Maybe if you're ten and technologically inept.

>he's a filthy degenerate hipster

You lost some KPoints because of this.

When people stop posting it in Toonami threads where it's off topic

>got drunk last saturday
>actually enjoyed HxH for once
>went to sleep
>cat went batshit insane after going to sleep
>running around the room at full speed
>yeowling at my shelves
>ramming into the wall
>pick cat up slightly drunk and she returns to normal
>wake up the next day at the crack of noon
>this was there
Was it because I sat through IBO?

what now faggot?

Do you live in a garbage dump?

The last half of the block seems to be all over the place, their ratings aren't nearly as consistent as the first half. Was this the case when the block was six hours?

Considering that ever since Crunchyroll started doing commercials for their service, all of the shows they've put into the commercials have come to Toonami, so probably next year. Would be neat to have it after JoJo does its run. "From the creator of OPM..." Considering that the typical Toonami viewer has nostalgia as a crutch, maybe they would've done better had they said that HxH and YYH have the same creator?

Better yet, what are the odds of the block getting another expansion? Unfortunately, I didn't make any real effort to meet up with trap user at Otakon - honestly, it was a lot of waking up insanely early, forcing myself back to sleep and watching stuff. Did anyone else go?

If JoJo and Jack do well we might have another expansion but there's a even greater chance that even if they do great we still won't get them

No, once the reruns started on the old block there was a massive plummet, then usually the 5-5:30 show went up a bit

Look at the ratings, expansion chance is pretty much 0.

Also, Jojo will go well into 2018, not sure where you got it ending in 2017 from. IBO is the only show ending in 2017

>wildly different shows
>but look the same guy wrote it so you will love it!
This meme needs to stop

Jojo has no chance of doing better than OPM. OPM is pretty much the most popular thing they could have got for the block, and it's only doing above average. Jojo is a cult favorite, it doesn't have broad appeal.

Jack doing well isn't cause for reward, it's mandatory since AS dumped their own cash into making it

So... I'm curious on Boku No Hero Academia. For reasons. You think it would be a decent fit for toonami? It does look like another long-runner.

Who cares? You've already seen it.

Not yet though. Unless my ears deceive me: Piccolo is one of the VA's in the dub.

Then why do you need Toonami? Just use Crunchyroll.

I don't like Crunchyroll.

Why?

Pretty good fit, mainly because Toonami desperately needs new blood to replace the big 4.

Anyone here keeping up with the bleach shitstorm. It wont reach naruto levels but it should be fun. Also 2018 live action movie