/lang/ - Language Learning General

Last thread died, let's keep this going!

بفرمایید
>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

Learning resources:
First and foremost check the Sup Forums Wiki. (feel free to contribute)

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Check pastebin.com/ACEmVqua for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides.

/Lang/ is currently short on those image guides, so if you can pitch in to help create one for a given language, don't hesitate to do so!

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:

Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk# (Links to the other folders, apparently it was taken down from the original drive)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1goxyn1oPF2
vocaroo.com/i/s1ThyNfeoo46
youtube.com/watch?v=52bRYf198XY&list=PLB306DSmXL1aXdzgIt2mJkm4YfNqsOv-r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the deal with adjective placement in Polish? When should it come before or after the noun?

Whats the deal with airline food?

before, btw sorry for no respond yesterday

I pronounced them all here vocaroo.com/i/s1goxyn1oPF2
I hope it will help you

I'm jap studying English and French.
how the fuck could I come to speak French fluently?
plz tell me if u could

propably by talking in french

I know a Japanese man who speaks French and English. interesting guy, but bad accent. His french is more impressive than his english.

By studying and practicing every day until you get there. Same as everything else in life, really.

baswically what im sayingis that it's possiblee. move to france or to quebec and learn.

plz gib some manuscript in French in order for me to try making speech of it.
I'm sorry I'm enough of that cliche...of course there is no way but it...
oh really? pls say in detail.

Thanks my friends

He traveled the world and spent a lot of time in France. He learned French, and later on mvoed to Canada and taught French to elementary school students while learning English.

Like I said he's quite the guy.

By crying and giving up.

vocaroo.com/i/s1ThyNfeoo46 r8 :^)

what a splendid guy he is...we have to respect him and blame ourselves for having an insularity and must be as global as him.

it sounds perfect for me

The power of el UcrainiANO

You talk like a retard.

cos so am I

sa va dea dumniezo sanatate

You must also be more accepting of refugees

fuck off you retarded leftfags
the crisis in middle-east is the affairs derived from european imperialism.
Deal with it.

Le eternal leaf strikes again

But we must be global and reject insularity you fucking Nip.

but m8 it is unfair for us to pay your debt on behalf of you due to what we are not to blame for...

I am a leaf of Italian heritage, mio amico ;)

I'm Ukrainian, my dear canadian untermensch

Now that's a butchered sentence.

I assume that to improve diversity by introducing some immigrants and to accept refugees without any supervision must be different things...then I guess no sooner did I say so than you call me fucking racist who are focusing on their own interests greedily, yeah I know it.

convince me whether my next language should be French, Arabic (either moroccan or levantine dialect), or Japanese

I live in US and I already know Spanish and Portuguese

What reasons do you have for learning those languages?

Knowing is growing

What's the best way to learn portuguese?

why not learn all of them?

hit yourself in the head with a hammer 5 times and then proceed to speak spanish

None of the above.

What should my first language to learn be and why? (p.s. i have a hard time learning languages and staying focused without dropping it)

What are you interested in? You'll only stick with a language if you have a motivation. For instance, I'm learning Duthc because of work and I like their maritime history and want to read their books on it. I learned Spanish because there some good books and research papers on Carthage and the Iberian peninsula in antiquity and my gf speaks it.

Kazakh

>French
Admittedly I don't have too much interest in French culture but I think it would be a very useful language to have under my belt seeing as It's spoken in a lot of places (I like to travel) and It would be good for communication too seeing as its the second most studied language.

>Arabic
I'll probably be spending some time in Morocco when I visit Spain, and I'd like to go over and help rebuild the Middle East when they're done getting fucked

>Japanese
Just a really interesting culture with a cool history.
It would be a nice challenge.

I'm still in university full time and work part time as well, I really just don't have time.

>help rebuild X when they're done getting fucked
Learn Farsi or Korean instead. Alternatively, learn Mongolian and become the new Gengis Chad

You have meme reasons to learn French and Arabic, go for Japanese

French would help you if you are going to the Morocco/tunisia area. Heavily used in official channels.

become my gf

bump

I realized that I have zero interest in learning French :/

how far along are/were you?

same thing happened to me. Quebecs are shit

Welcome to the club.

I don't know if anyone is learning russian, maybe you've seen this but

youtube.com/watch?v=52bRYf198XY&list=PLB306DSmXL1aXdzgIt2mJkm4YfNqsOv-r

the lady is very sweet. Although the audio is a bit fucked, she's a decent teacher

Just over a month; only decided to learn it because I didn't learn it in school.

Where do you live? Unless you live in the mid/west coast then you're probably going to need it for work

Anyone else having more trouble learning the culture than the language? I'm having a hard time getting a grasp on Iranian culture and politics, it all seems really complicated and makes me worried to talk politics with my language partners.

Linguistic Lazy Gay

語言懶同性戀
语言懒同性恋

言語レイジーゲイ

Gay Linguistic Vernum

Γλωσσιkή Lazy Gay

Лингвиcтичecкий Лeнивый Gay

භාෂාමය කම්මැලි සමලිංගික

Linguistik Malas Gay

Sprache Faul Homosexuell

اللغوي كسول مثلي

Note to all posters in this thread: If you can type on a keyboard, you are all official United Nations representatives of your native tongue.

You no longer need to learn 'languages' as we have been helping you all with the 'multivariate inguinal structures' for the next language for our species.

Thank you for partaking and enjoy your newfound freedoms.
//
Hinweis für alle Poster in diesem Thread: Wenn Sie eine Tastatur eingeben zu können, sind Sie alle offiziellen Vertreter der Vereinten Nationen Ihrer Muttersprache.

Sie müssen nicht mehr lernen ‚Sprachen‘ wie wir haben Sie alle mit den ‚multivariate Leisten Strukturen‘ für die nächste Sprache für unsere Spezies zu helfen.

Vielen Dank für partaking und Ihre neu gewonnene Freiheit genießen.
//
注意在这个主题中的所有海报:如果你可以键入键盘,你是你的母语所有联合国官方代表。

你不再需要学习“语言”,因为我们一直在帮助大家用“多元腹股沟结构”为我们种下一种语言。

感谢您的单打独斗,享受你的新发现的自由。

BC, thats why I was tginking it would be better to learn something like mandarin.

All tones in mandarin have been superseded by English concepts and semantics. Even Chinese people admit that 'mandarin' in Chinese is no different than asking if a man is standing in the room with them in Chinese.
//
中文是什么意思所有音调已经由英语的概念和语义取代。 即使是中国人承认,在中国的“国语”只不过是问如果一个人在中国的房间,他们站在不同。

>when they're done getting fucked

MENA is going to be getting fucked for the foreseeable future thanks to climate change.

MENA is on board and are working alongside with UN leaders.

>taarof
Just fuck my shit up famalam

> taarof
Krekt fuck myn shit up famalam

I'm learning Japanese but want to learn Mandarin at once. Is it a good idea?

我讀過最好的主意。

Too little too late. Full blown water wars within 10 years.

Tank Girl (1995) - IMDb

A girl is among the few survivors of a dystopian Earth. Riding a war tank, she fights against the tyranny of a mega-corporation that dominates the remaining potable water supply of the planet.

>Muh climate change

trying to get my cases down. consider the following sentence:
>Das Weiße Haus übermittelte das Papier dem Kongress

>Das Weiße Haus
is the subject (nominative case)
>das Papier
is the direct object (accusative)
>dem Kongress
is the indirect object (Dative)

Is that correct?

I did it before, it's possible

Do any anons have fluency in Laádan? Not fluent myself but shitposting in Laádan sounds cool

pic unrelated

順風

>Not shit posting in Elfdalian

Saluton fekuloj. Kiel vi fartas? Ĉu iu el vi nuntempe lernas Esperanton?

Don't really know anything about Láadan, but it was made by a feminist so it definitely has shitposting potential.

What language should I learn if I want to move to Switzerland?

The best one would be switzerland german other options are french and italian but they propably would be also other than normal one.

I speak and write impeccable English and French, and I'm learning Japanese at the moment. Hire me so I can get a visa and move to Japan and we'll teach each other languages.

>What language are you learning?
Japanese
>Share language learning experiences!
Just found out I failed the JLPT N2

I need dutch friends. Where do I find those? Is there like an animal shelter I can pick one up?

yes

You gotta catch kanker first.

There's plenty of cute dutchies waiting to be adopted out of nederdraad.

Don't you need to speak all 3 to a certain level before getting citizenship. Swiss citizenship is one of the hardest to acquire in Europe.

Depends on where you are
>Most of central/north/eastern Switzerland:
German. You can pick up Swiss German with enough time if you actually put in the effort
>South:
Italian
>West/southwest:
French

Is Italian used in Switzerland same as in Italy?

As far as I know there's a Lugano dialect, but it's not as far removed from Standard Italian as Swiss German is from Hochdeutsch.
One of my coworkers is from Lugano and his Italian sounds normal to me, I can understand him.

thanks for answer

English speakers: I am on level C1 of the language, how do I achieve C2? Learn fuckloads of words that you don't even know? No, thanks.

Any ideas?

C2 is:
The capacity to deal with material which is academic or cognitively demanding, and to use language to good effect at a level of performance which may in certain respects be more advanced than that of an average native speaker.
Example: CAN scan texts for relevant information, and grasp main topic of text, reading almost as quickly as a native speaker.

So I guess try and learn whatever your academic background is in English (if you haven't already), practice quick reading/skimming

Just keep reading and getting comprehensible input.

I wish Georgian was much more popular, it has such a beautiful script, it if was more popular it would give more reason to learn it outside of just 'it just looks cool'.

I feel that way about a lot of languages with cool, unique scripts.

thank you

bump

Guten morgen

Guten tag meine Freund

I watched generation war and now I want to learn german

^-^

Wehraboo, that's the term

bump

ہر ہر مہادیو ، جی شو شمبھو |

Can I adpot you?

Go to academia.edu and read research papers on shit you like.