Wich characters do you consider to be the essential "Batfamily" ?

Wich characters do you consider to be the essential "Batfamily" ?

Batman

Bruce and Alfred

Bats, Alfred, Dick, Jason, Damian, Oracle and Cass.

Maybe Kate and Steph.

pic related minus kate ,cass and tim

Bats aren't a family. They're an Order.

As for familes -Perhaps Vespertilionidae

Batman and Alfred. Rest can jump in river.

>Kate and Steph

Someone has to be more interesting Batgirl.

Bruce, Alfred, Dick, Damian, and Selina would be more than enough.

Batman/Bruce, Alfred, and Dick, as either Robin or Nightwing.

Alfred.

Dick can stay as the kid who grew out of Batman's shit as a teen and became his own man. Maybe Jason but I'd prefer him dead with lessons learned. Also mayyybbeeee Babs but only as Oracle... with lessons learned.

Tim is shit. Cass is shit. Steph is fucking... who even cares? Batwoman is shit. Damian was only ever not shit as Robin for Dick's Batman. Resurrected Jason only has potential as Dick's Joker; current Jason is shit. New 52 additions are the same Tims and Stephs with a new coat of paint.

>Catwoman
Batman family should only be people Bruce is wiling to share his Identity with. Not some flip flopping whore.

Hush was a mistake.

Bruce
Alfred
Dick
Babs
Tim
Cass
Steph

Jason has no reason being in the Bat Family if he continues to kill people on a regular basis.

i want to be in a pseudo-incestual bat orgy with bruce, dick, jason, and damian

Just from what I can think about he shared his identity with her on Hush and on Injustice so fuck off

Batman has shared his identity with Catwoman.

hey guys
remember BATWING?
g-guys?

Well Kate is literally a member of Batman's family.

why is Selina a nigger?

The first six issues of this weren't bad, actually.

I miss you David fuck Luke.

>Terry

Get rid of Jason and Damien and put in Tim

>Timfags

Batman, Alfred, Nightwing, Jason as Red Hood, Tim as Robin, Oracle and Batwoman

she's a thief. it's pretty self-explanatory

>babs
>any women outside Cass

Alfred
Bruce
Dick
Jason
Tim
Cass
Damian

That's it.

If there's no brotherly or paternal relationship between the character they are not part of the Batfamily.

Steph, babs, and Kate are not and will never be batfamily, just allies.

Bruce, Alfred, Dick, and Babs are the "essentials". Tim's becoming Robin was directly because of what happened with Jason and there are three continuities at least (New 52 movies, Millarverse and DCAU) where Jason or Tim seemingly don't exist. This isn't so much to say that Tim wouldn't happen anyway (see: DCAU), but it wouldn't have the same impact that it was supposed to. Meanwhile, Damian is arguable, but really works best with Dick, especially since prior to the New 52 Bruce didn't have the patience to deal with him. (And the animated movies dropped the ball hard). I don't need to explain the girls.

I always counted him and the rest of Batman-INC as allies rather than family, so more friends rather than the people you pretend to like sitting down with for Christmas dinner.

I now realise I want a holiday themed Batfamily comic.

I don't particularly like Tim I just consider him part of the "core" family. Alfred should be there too I was just going by the picture.

I'm a Cassfag and I don't really consider her part of the family. I'm basing my choices primarily on their relationship with Batman.

Who is the taller Robin?

>Hush
And it was fucking pointless. Catwoman being too close to batman just make their relationship worse.

You mean Tim as Red Robin?

The guy in between Jason and Cass? That's Tim.

Whats the fucking point of putting Barbara in there?

Here's how I'd do it

>Bruce
>Alfred
>Dick
>Jason (only if he stays dead forever)
>Barbara (only as Oracle)

Tim, Steph, Cass, and Damian are pushing it even though I like them. No one cares about Duke or Harper.

It's done by the person who thought they should put "BATMAN CHARACTERS HEIGHT CHART" over the picture of Batman characters standing in front of a height chart.

>metric scale

am I supposed to understand that?

Didn't Bruce legally adopt Cass or something before Flashpoint?

That's just your opinion man.

Well alright, here you go.

Bruce Wayne
Alfred Pennyworth
Jim Gordon
Lucius Fox
Selina Kyle
Dick Grayson
Barbara Gordon
Jason Todd
Harold Allnut
Tim Drake
Jean-Paul Valley
Cassandra Cain
Helena Bertinelli
Stephanie Brown
Onyx Adams
Gavin King
Damian Wayne
Kate Kane
Bette Kane
Colin Wilkes
Beryl Hutchinson
Michael Lane
David Zavimbi
Clancy Johnson
Bilal Asselah
Jiro Osamu
Johnny Riley
Bill Great Eagle
Ravil
Wendy White
Luke Fox
Julia Pennyworth
Duke Thomas
Ace the bat-hound
Titus
Alfred (cat)
Batcow

Just the essentials. Fuck Harper.

Bruce Wayne
Dick Grayson
Alfred
Tim Drake
Damien Wayne
Barbara Gordon
Cassandra
Stephanie Brown
Bette Kane
Kate Kane

Optional: Carrie

Catwoman is not a Batfamily member and as far as I'm concerned Jason should be dead.

>Bruce
>Alfred
>Dick
>Oracle
>Jason's dead body

Bruce and Alfred

Dick becomes estranged

Terry 30-40 years later

He did, yes. Same with Tim.

Wait... I forgot Ace the Batdog.

They need to bring him back.

This. Only people who "get" the mission are allowed in.

Batman
Nightwing
Robin
Oracle
Alfred

>Dick's 5'9-5'10
>Jason's 5'8
>Tim's 5'6

Did Alfred just slowly stop giving a shit about proper nutrition for the Robins?

Everybody who's not an OC donut steel, i.e. Damian, Harper, Duke, etc.

Batman having a Big Batman family is fucking garbage. Just Keep it Alfred, Dick, Babs(oracle), Cass, TIm and dead Jason. No shitty Selina, Kate, and Damian.

Bruce, Alfred, Dick, Damian. Maybe Cass.

Bats, Alfred, Gordon & Dent (pre-acid)

The chart is off. Jason is the biggest Robin. He's suppose to be 6'0.

"Batman", "Robin" & Alfred.

>What are genetics?

This is the objectively best list

He's from the future though

Fuck off DCAUfag
He existed before Beyond

Bruce
Alfred to keep him human
Dick to remind him of his triumphs
Jason to remind him of his failures
Tim to remind him that you can be a hero without a tragedy
Damian to remind him that people can change for the better

Bruce, dick, Tim, Jason, Damien, Alfred and gordon

>Did Alfred just slowly stop giving a shit about proper nutrition for the Robins?
Going by Jason's height and weight in this death certificate? Yes.

>15
>87 lbs
>4'6"

Fuck Red Manlet.

Do writers not guess the average height or weight of children better? Have they ever even met a teenager?

>15
>4'6
Haha what the fuck

It's kind of stunning actually, all Manning would have had to do was ask Google average specs for teenager and gone from there.

Bruce
Alfred
Damian - the biological son.
Dick - the dutiful adopted son.
Cassandra - the newly adopted daughter.

Tim - retired, but still best friends with Cassandra and dragged into vigilanting now and again.
Barbara - also retired but working with her father at Gotham Police Department in their C.S.I. division. Mentors Cass and is the "easy" one, and helps out Dick now and again.
Stephanie - supporting to Cass's ongoing. Also is in the tempting game of bringing Tim back into the game.
Luke - The Q to the family. Has all the toys those wonderful toys.
Kate - the teacher and also the mentor to Cass but the harder one. She see's the gal can be something more. Also works for the government dealing with mystical element in Gotham.

>minus Kate, Cass, and Tim
>three of the best Batfamily members
>including Red Hood even though he's an antagonist most of the time
>not including Steph
The fuck is wrong with you?

Alfred
Dick
Tim
Damian
Jason
Babs
Cass

Dick, Tim, Damian.

Alfred.

Barbara.

I don't feel like Batwoman has to be a member of the Batfamily, but I'd like her to continue existing.

Jason should have stayed dead.

Bruce
Barbara (eventually in a romantic relationship with Bruce, at least for a time)
Tim Drake (DCAU version)

Terry McGinnis, although his relationship wouldn't form until about 40 years into the future.

I dislike Dick and am don't really have any strong feelings towards Damian Wayne one way or the other

go back to bed Timm

Bruce
Alfred
Dick (if we really need an ex Robin)
Damian (sadly there is no going back at this point)
Harper
Barbara

All the others can be removed because they are redundant, especially Steph and Cass

I guess Kate should stay if they drop the "better than Batman" shtick

kek

THIS

Outsiders

Shouldn't Jason need to be black too, then? As a former thief/child prostitute.

Was there any in universe scandal revolving around this? The mysterious death of a young boy living with an eccentric single billionaire would raise some eyebrows.

He was killed in a terrorist attack in Africa while doing relief work/charity

Shit happens

It's a miracle he lasted that long in Gotham anyway senpai

Wow, I spaced. Thank you, man.

why is first post best post

the entire batman mythology is that "batman" is this incredibly talented person who is also driven by something like madness, and who turns his fear into fearlessness, he is close to unique among humans, even Rhas believes this to be true

but oh look a bunch of faggots he just happened to bump into in one particular city and nearly as good as he is, and also keep the secret perfectly and have approximately the same moral compass and everything else is also the same

I'm not saying it strains credulity, the concept is absurd to begin with, I'm merely saying that it destroys even the manufactured plausibility, and makes the fantasy difficult to enjoy

>Was there any in universe scandal revolving around this?
There was an issue after his death, where a social services guy investigated Bruce for awhile, didn't stop Bruce from adopting again so I guess he got away with it.

To be far, he trained most of them himself and at least 1 or 2 of the ones he didn't were trained similarly anyway (one even purposely intended to succeed him). Still, a fair point.

I almost made an ass of myself. I forgot that Bruce adopted Tim after Infinite Crisis or whichever event that was.

>harper over cass or steph

are you high?

fixed

anarky

From what I can remember of the order, and for all of it matters after all these reboots. Jason was adopted first, Dick next in Gotham Knights 17, then I think your right Tim and Cass after Crises.

Duke and Harper are amazing characters. They provide a new depth to the Bat family instead of being copy and paste of previous characters like all of the robins. Duke Thomas and Harper Row they're something new and they're going to provide more iconic stories than any Robin ever has.

Snyder please

Alfred
All the Robins
All the Batgirls

Get off of Sup Forums, Snyder.

No.
At this point Barbara is pretty much Steph so we don't need another one.
And I always found Cass to be a really bad character.
Harper's story of being a girl that grew up in the city and having to pull through for her brother is more appealing, in my opinion. I think as a character she has way more potential, especially considering how Damian stole the "bred to be an assassin and super special and learning to be more normal" gimmick from Cass.

The shit taste on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Alfred
Dick
Jason (Dead Edition)
Tim
Barbara
Terry

This is the only correct answer, anything else is WRONG. Selina Kyle is a villain who fucks Bats at times, not part of the family.

I'm just saying read All-Star Batman, Duke has an important role in it and I think it might change your guys' opinions on him.