Have you ever been tempted to write a Sup Forums related story...

Have you ever been tempted to write a Sup Forums related story? Which I know that fanfic territory can get pretty autistic, but I was curious if anyone here was interested in that kind of thing. Do you have any ideas for comic stories that you'd like to see or, dare say. try to write yourself for fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/mvsgPMrf
amazon.com/Kafka-R-Crumb/dp/1560978066/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471394235&sr=8-1&keywords=robert crumb kafka
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I used to write original amateur fiction for awhile. Did fanfiction for a bit in a community I used to be a part of. That well ran dry. Now I've got my own webcomic.

I wouldn't even know where to post work

Yes actually, I may brain storm more for issue four when In at work but I doubt it

As someone who disliked BvS, as a fun exercise I've been writing my own ideal version of a Batman and Superman flick. I wouldn't say it's anything good but I've definitely enjoyed working on it.

pastebin.com/mvsgPMrf

Even some of the modern DC and Marvel writers regularly get called "fanfiction tier" around here. That kind of criticism is honestly illegitimate. All that matters was if it's a good story or not. And even if it IS a good story, some fanboy will probably still booty-rage over it anyhow.

Look at Chris Stuckman, do better than that
I suppose that is true. Personally I've been thinking about a batman story that basically reinvents a d list villain. Seemed like fun, maybe I'll write it, post it, and look for feedback. Whatever improves my writing. What are the big fuckups do you usually see when people write stuff like this? Dialogue? Mary Sue?

I regularly write fanfics. They used to be anime and video game only but I've gotten onto cartoon and animated film fics as well. I haven't published them online yet though.

Haha I am actively trying to ensure that it's far away from Stuck Mann levels of cringe

I stopped reading comics because im autistic. Your autistic for talking about it.

fanfiction isn't inherently cringey or autistic. it's the quality that matters, as in anything

but no, that's not really my thing

I've been a fanfic writer for years, actually. When I was in middle school I wrote Pokémon fanfiction. Then ATLA came out and I wrote Avatar fanfiction. Over the years it's gone on and on, Justice League stuff, Code Geass stuff, etc.. Just in the last few years I wrote a Frozen fanfic for /frz/ as a Christmas present. I've even written fanfiction for the colorful horses.

These days I mostly write original fanfiction, some genre, some literary. I've even managed to get three short stories published, so never let anyone say you're wasting your time writing fanfic. You could amount to something after all.

done a bunch of fanfiction over the years. Most of my Sup Forums related stuff is smut though.

I've been contemplating a 'what if Spider-Man and the symbiote made peace that night at the belltower' story, but I can't decide if I'd rather it be a divergent timeline like MC2, which would allow me to just focus the kinds of scenarios this allows, or make it a full alternate universe like USM and Spider-Gwen, which would allow me more freedom to play around with the supporting cast without bringing back a bunch of people that had already died by that point and mess with a couple character's backstories/roles in the setting.

There's a Batman story in my head that I really need to get out of my system.
I might even try drawing it even if I have no skill in the matter, but I'll just work on it, erasing line for line if I have to, until I'm satisfied.
It's a pretty noir and detective-ish take. I'd like to ground it a bit more on real deductive logic than TLH for example, but I don't know if I'll dare doing it...
It's all so good in my head, but I'm afraid it would be called pretentious

I used to ridicule and make fun of fanfiction and the people who read/write it. I got hooked up into a Sup Forums show a couple years ago, i frequently browsed Tumblr for cool fanart until i found a ship that became my favorite, the tag was obviously full of fanfics, i read one just to get a laugh out of it but i slowly started reading more and more of them to the point i would spend entire nights reading about my favorite pair's romantic life, even AU shit. Christ I've even fapped to some of them.

How the hell did this happen

Been working on a few pitches/webcomic ideas, mostly as a creative writing exercise.

My current favourites are my pitches for TV shows based off character from the old British IPC comics.

Way back as a teenager, I had an idea for a shared Nicktoons universe, with Danny Phantom, Avatar, and MLAATR as the core cast.

I still kinda like it, and I'm still into big, company-wide universes. The idea that Gravity Falls and Star Vs. share a world gets me kinda excited.

are you that one user who takes every opportunity to post that hole-in-her-head girl?

I wrote a graphic novel and it's being drawn as we speak.

>original fanfiction

Fuck, meant "original fiction."

>Have you ever been tempted to write a Sup Forums related story?
if you count Seinfeld as Sup Forums related yes

there are people who don't?

you mean my own work or related to actual Sup Forums media

you're own work is still 'actual Sup Forums media' if its a comic or cartoon

well, it's not like it matters, i've had this seinfeld story in for years.
i really believe this story of mine could have been an episode

I was thinking of doing a story that would be a love letter to Superman, kind of like Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? and All-Star Superman except a little more nostalgic.

It's about Superman in his last days, his nineties to be exact. The story is paralleled by his first and last heroic act which includes Supes saving the same person (that old person serves as the narrator) and Superman remembering his most heroic and sincere moments.

a lot of the shit i used to write was when i was in highschool, and it was all edgy weeb shit, mainly about things like, being in highschool, fighting, sword fighting, elemental powers, and body swapping.
i threw away all that shit i used to write, and it's hard to remember any of that shit without writing it as a parody.

An old adage is to never throw away anything you write, because one day you might use it.

I've used material that didn't make the cut in prequels.

yeah i have shitloads of ideas.

the biggest problem isn't ideas. the big problem is people overestimate the usefulness of a plot. granted, plot can be pretty cool, like "dude, what if ghost rider-venom-and red hulk merged into one bad ass and fought the king of hell?" that's a plot point of a venom comic i've been reading.

another thing people don't consider it the world in which the characters live. i know what you're thinking: "but they live in the dc/marvel/MLP universe!" that's not good enough. you need to clarify how everyone in that universe lives, breathes, shits, and dies. you don't necessarily need to include it, but it needs to be specified.

finally, prose is my weakest skill when it comes to writefagging. i could go back and edit this, in fact, maybe i will, but for the moment, i'm leaving it alone because i'm not sure how i want the tone of it to sound. but i'm bringing this up because in my opinion grammar is overrated too.

it's no surprise autistic fucks get into writefagging because you can get a long way with simply having a plot in mind and having a certain kind of grammar. these are all things that have impersonal rules and require no personal depth, heart, soul, etc.

i don't mean to beat up on autists atm, but it really grinds my gears. some friends of mine influenced me to watch some moeshit. after half an episode i realized it's all, almost literally, observation and analysis. nothing else. "she has a cone. i had a cone once. it was a waffle cone." that's not a fucking story, kys.

writefagging is easier and harder than you might think it is.

Grammar doesn't matter too much since everything you write is going to be edited by a professional.

However, your grammar does matter if you are presenting it all by yourself via self-publishing. There are books at the library that can help you polish your grammar and self-edit your work.

>the biggest problem isn't ideas. the big problem is people overestimate the usefulness of a plot.

Well, yeah, everyone pretty much agrees ideas are useless without execution. You can't even copyright ideas.

Don't look at japanese manga/anime for proper writing, those split eyed fucks can't write for shit.

The story kinda goes like this.
>George goes to a donut shop, to get himself a donut.
>he takes a look at the donuts on display, and see's that one of the donuts in between the other similar one's has a lot more Icing than the others, making that donut more appealing to George.
>George say's to the lady working there, he wants to buy a donut.
>which one?
>George points at the donut he wants that is on the display.
>The lady pulls out the tray of donuts off the display, and gives George the donut he ordered.
>George see's that the donut he was given is the wrong one.
> the donut with the most icing is still seen on the display.
>george lets it slide cause he's not going to complain about being given the wrong donut, and he only came for one.
>george leaves the donut shop?

should i continue?

A co-worker of mine and I tossed around the idea of making a small comic adaption of Snow Crash, or at least part of it. Nothing ever came of it of course, but it was a fun idea to kick around until the "work" part of it was required.

>george leaves the donut shop?
I am intrigued that this is apparently ambiguous

Part of it is knowing what to and what to tell the reader. I dont mean to drag the DCEU into this, but a lot of Suicide Squad fucking irked me from a story perspective. Like for example Flash showing up to arrest Boomerang, its neat, but I have zero fucking idea on who THIS version of the character is or why I should care. That and the entire unicorn thing. But perhaps Im being nitpicky. The point is you need to know the balance when providing context/information.

I thought Snow Crash already had a GN

This is 98% of all "ideas" that people have.

I get annoyed with "ideas people".

i kinda don't regret, throwing them away. the stuff written was pretty cringy.
there's was this really fucked up love triangle, and one of the rival friends have an 'ow the edge' backstory that was kinda retarded

I've written two fanfics in my tenure at Sup Forums. The first was a pretty graphic Vietnam-style POW story based in the Pokemon world. It was about how an Aggron saved a guy's platoon and how Lt. Surge fucked shit up. My second was an 'erotic' Homestuck piece where Kanaya essentially chest-bursts her cock through John's sternum.

I really enjoy the writing process, I wish I could devote more time to it.

>my favorite pair
what is it, user?

>Grammar doesn't matter too much since everything you write is going to be edited by a professional.
Editor's are still human. They make mistakes, they get tired after a long day's work, they misconstrue the tone you're trying to convey

the better you self-editing is the less margin for error.

Furthermore, if you cause your editor more work than average that's gonna lead to delays, which fucks with the marketing plan.

>Homestuck piece where Kanaya essentially chest-bursts her cock through John's sternum.
I think I read that one

oh fuck, that question mark was accident.

he does does come back though

What did you think of it?
Truthfully, I wrote to be more of a horror story than a piece of erotica.

and here I thought things were gonna get kafka-esque,
like every time George makes a decision he leaves behind a duplicate that takes the other option

ehhh, i don't know what kafka is.
but what it is, it's pretty much a George Episode

I'm someone who actually fapped to the John/Mother Grub thing someone wrote so my sense for that kind of thing is a bit blunted. Even the one ipgd wrote where Aranea rips out Jake's instestines and uses them to funnel his own shit down his throat was too absurd to take seriously.

That's a pretty hard hurdle to overcome, once you add sex to the mix in any form it's easier to just stop suspending your disbelief and treat the thing like a joje.

>One becomes a giant cockroach

>i don't know what kafka is.
this is a kafka

some guy?
he must be pretty popular then

Read a book nigga

amazon.com/Kafka-R-Crumb/dp/1560978066/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471394235&sr=8-1&keywords=robert crumb kafka

here ya go. this is pretty digestible.

TLDR: kafka was an extreme spaghetti, and made art out of his emotions.

does cat in the hat count?

i'll give it a look