Jared Leto Says "Fuck WB" For Suicide Squad Contract

>During a Q&A portion, Leto opened up about Suicide Squad. A Jared Leto fansite on Tumblr published a summary about what he said: He was very honest about the film this weekend; his disappointment in what he’s learned of the theatrical cut (he’s still not seen the film); feeling sort of tricked into being a part of something that had been pitched to him very differently; thinking it would’ve been more artistic than what it became; feeling overwhelmed by the hate regarding the look and choices…

>Leto revealed that his Suicide Squad contract does have stipulations about dangerous activites like rock climbing, and Leto has one thing to say to Warner Bros. about it — “F*ck ’em!”

batman-news.com/2016/08/16/jared-leto-suicide-squad-contract/

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/BatmanNewsCom/status/765612543524106240
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqyIoYAXV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are we even still talking about this fucking movie

>thinking it would’ve been more artistic than what it became

He has no one to blame for himself for thinking a fucking comic book movie would be artistic in the way he's thinking of

Fucking method acting like he's making There Will Be Blood 2 or some shit

I'd be more sympathetic if he wasn't the worst part of the movie. And you know what, if it really did turn out to be and artsy fartsy movie? He'd still probably be the worst part of the movie.

>Spend months trying to make everyone freak
>In the end the only one that freaked was himself

Really makes you think

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

>“If I die anytime soon, it’s probably likely that it’ll surface somewhere. That’s the good news about the death of an actor is all that stuff seems to come out.”

>As IGN left the room we told Leto we hope he doesn’t die anytime soon, to which he rather darkly responded “We all die.”

is he gonna be ok?

Pottery

>Leto revealed that his Suicide Squad contract does have stipulations about dangerous activites like rock climbing, and Leto has one thing to say to Warner Bros. about it — “F*ck ’em!”

Is this really unusual? I know professional athletes have the same clauses. If they get hurt doing non-sport shit they don't get paid.

Will DCEU's wild ride ever end?

I sure hope not

at this rate it'll be like watching Fant4stic happen twice a year, and that's hilarious to me

It's fairly common for franchise film series or TV series to have this, because not having your star actor/actress in the film due to injury or death could be very off-putting to the audience.

Leto was right though, Fuck em indeed

Good. If Joker is never in a movie again wed all be better for it

I mean yeah, fuck 'em. But it seems weird to make a headline out of standard procedure.

The Joker claims another one!

I honestly feel sorry for everyone else who had to work alongside this toxic liability...

It's incorrect and clickbait. He's at a rock climbing event and was asked by a fan if he's prohibited from doing dangerous events by his WB contract. He joked "Fuck 'em!", meaning he was still going to rock climbing with his fans. The rest is bullshit made up by whoever runs the Tumblr site that is credited as a source.

mobile.twitter.com/BatmanNewsCom/status/765612543524106240

Yes, a fucking Tumblr site is the source. Stop trying to shit up Sup Forums as much as Sup Forums.

>But it seems weird to make a headline out of

It's called clickbait

Seriously IGN stop fucking frequenting Sup Forums for articles. This is getting ridiculous. You people better be making donations to the site.

I didn't like his Joker at all, but honestly, I got to feel for him. Dude filmed a lot of scenes and thought he was going to have a bigger role in the movie than he did. I feel like the movie overall focusing on things other than the Joker was a good idea, but I can see how he'd be mad.

Doesn't help that WB are a bunch of morons and edited the movie to hell, so that the final product really isn't that good either.

I imagine he's talking about something like The Dark Knight where the villain's performance is a centerpiece of the film.

Or at least is essential to the plot in some way, like that animated Suicide Squad movie.

He got all excited about this role just for it to ultimately be an extended cameo. He was barely more part of the movie than Affleck and Miller.

>Stop trying to shit up Sup Forums as much as Sup Forums.
It's too late for tears. No one hears you.

Leto wants out of the DCCU?

GOOD! We're all in agreement, then.

Damn, that's some good syncing on that gif.

>clickbait using tumblr as a source

He did a shit job, why do you feel for him?

Sadly true. The Sup Forums thread is up to +200 replies of memespouting and everyone is ignoring the posts in the thread saying it's bullshit. We can only hope to contain them here.

Flagg and Enchantress were way worse.

Leto may have fucked this one up but at least he can act. Why some bong '''''''''model''''''' was cast as the main villain is beyond me.

Because it's pretty good but could have been a lot better if it hadn't been fucked over.

Its literally one autistic faggot. He makes duplicate threads on Sup Forums and Sup Forums every day. The mods need to ban him.

I'd feel bad for him if his Joker wasn't complete dogshit. I watched the movie the other day and his scenes come across like some teen joker fan's poorly produced youtube video. It's fucking awful.

>I'd be more sympathetic if he wasn't the worst part of the movie.

But... He wasn't? He was a damn good Joker. Better than Nicholson and Ledger at least.

>Better than Nicholson and Ledger at least.

Oh, I think he will be just fine user.

>Nicholson playing Nicholson and Ledger playing Anarky are worse Jokers than Leto playing Joker.

Yes.

DC hates women who can act, why do you think they got a model for Wonder Woman?

Well, ya knew someone was gonna speak out eventually.

ten times zero is zero

Clickbait

MCUcks BTFO

>yfw Leto joins the MCU/FoX-Men

Letó didn't play Joker, he played Ninja from die unwood

He was in the running for Strange before Bennedict

>LOL My articles aren't clickbait sourced from tumblr.
>Just this one.

remember that one time when Sup Forums cried like bitches when Evans got triggered from a kiss rape while signing autographs?

>posts insulting Marvel ITT are deleted
>Disney-approved clickbait is fine

Interesting.

Only fangirls post in those threads

Every single thing about Suicide Squad is hilarious. From the first shitposts about D A M A G E D to the fan rivalry to idiotic threads about harleys character. Now we get Leto claiming he thought he was making an arthouse film

Maybe I need to see this movie so I can laugh more

>Post clickbait
>Get called out for clickbait
>Feign ignorance on clickbait
>Don't update article saying it's wrong to continue to receive clicks

Christ, what the fuck is up with all the DC vitriol and clickbait?

What's their agenda?

Disney $$$$$$$$

>What's their agenda?
Click based revenue.

yeah, totally. Sounded exactly like him. Especially his raps.

I thought Leto was playing Lex Luthor?

yeah, dont hire an actress to act.

Hire a model. Because her elbow is not within .4% fappability, everyones going to CRRRyyyYYYY!

>better than Nicholson and Ledger at least

Christ, how does a person have this much shit taste?

I don't know what goth teen livejournal fan fiction character Leto was trying to portray but it definitely wasn't Joker.

welcome to Sup Forums :^)

to get rid of DC

>>Leto revealed that his Suicide Squad contract does have stipulations about dangerous activites like rock climbing, and Leto has one thing to say to Warner Bros. about it — “F*ck ’em!”

"Don't die or get maimed" seems like a fair trade for guaranteed high paying work for the foreseeable future. But maybe that's becuase I'm not a celebrity.

This doesn't work because the article in question is literally a lie though?

PURPLE LAMBORGHINI

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqyIoYAXV8

Yeah I mean I think it was the singer from Metallica that had to sign a legal contract saying he would stop skateboarding after falling and breaking something once

>DC Studios"forgive me for my wrongs I've just begun".

Even the DCEU music is terrible.

Is Tumblr still butthurt over JUSTBusters failing?

>Ain't no mercy. Ain't… ain't no mercy.

You know, you would have thought after Trank, people would have learned not to throw tantrums after making something shit. While Leto might still find work other places, his Joker will (thankfully) never return. WB will never take him back.

See *pats head*
Good job being a autistic retard, user.

>*pats head*
I feel like you're projecting here, user.

Enchantress gave me a boner so she's all right in my books.

>feeling sort of tricked into being a part of something that had been pitched to him very differently; thinking it would’ve been more artistic than what it became

>thinking it would’ve been more artistic than what it became

See

t. fake nerd boy

>ledger is a good joker
when will this meme end?

>wahaaaaa mu /SU/ slots are stolen wahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

He ruined the Joker character either way. And just by casting him DCWB ruined him. By ruining this movie, WB is ruining the superhero racket making the public wary of subsequent cape movies which Marvel's Dr Strange will have to pay for but clean up the mess of after positive word of mouth. It's cause and effect.

jared leto is a shitty actor and even shittier individual. it makes me happy to see him unhappy.

That's your career, Leto. WB don't want no beef.

>finally got to see Suicide Squad tonight
>finally get to see Jared Leto's performance
>he just pathetically mimics Heath Ledger and acts like a retard
There have been a lot of shit Jokers over the years but he might just be the worst.

What else do you expect casuals to talk about, comics?

He went full Luthor.

>Ledger was bad
A contrarian meme is still a meme.

Yeah, why haven't we forgotten about it the same way we've already forgotten about Civil War and every other Marvel movie?

>(he’s still not seen the film);

Wasn't he at the premiere?

"but i didnt see, that the joke was on me"

>Mom's gonna FREAK