Adult Swim has always been on the cutting edge of comedy

Adult Swim has always been on the cutting edge of comedy

Yes they acquired cancelled animated sitcoms back in the early days because they were cheap to air and AS didn't have enough original content to fill time.

Choose a different image, you fuck.

this was cutting edge

in 1999

I think God sent you here to teach me patience.

Well Boondocks took off so at least one half of the dailies to cartoons trend worked.

It's true you faggot. I couldn't get through the first episode it was so bad.

This summer I watched every episode of Baby Blues several times

>this much ironic cancer in one post

Jesus Christ, kill yourself

Nah, they just picked up whatever unwanted adult cartoons they could get on the cheap. They got super lucky with Futurama and Family Guy, since Fox didn't think they were worth much at the time.

This entire board must be one big test then.

I remember the episode where the mom ran a daycare.
I forget if it was that or going to church that gave me a fetish for dresses, pencil skirts, and business suits.

bump

Wanda was great all around.

This show was basically an animated version of Yes, Dear

>that episode when they found an active missile silo
wanda is qt, too.

I've always wanted to fuck the babysitter

>that episode when Wanda breastfeeds Zoe in public

She sure was

they seemed kinda old for a couple with their 1st kid honestly
like they just look like they're in their mid 30s

In one episode Darryl says to Wanda, "He was 29, he was our age."

Did they ever stop having kids in the comics? Last time I was aware of them they had pumped out three. That was years ago, so by now they must have like eight squirming brats, each with a really dumb name.

who even wanted an animated adaptation of baby blues

or dilbert

or heathcliff (yes, there was a heathcliff cartoon)

Why don't they make a Zits cartoon, that one's actually decently compelling.

They weren't worth much. They only became worth anything after AS acquired them. Neither would have been rebooted if it weren't for them.

Because the Dilbert and Heathcliff cartoons were actually decent adaptations, that used the license as an excuse to either write some edgy subversive shit for its time (Dilbert) or support a good secondary show with original characters/furry waifus (Heathcliff/Cattilac Cats).

What the hell would a Zits cartoon even be like? TV-PG American Dad? A less cynical Malcolm in the Middle? How would Zits stand out in the usual teen TV show scene?

>How would Zits stand out in the usual teen TV show scene?
It's animated. Yes you could say that's like Daria, but there's nothing like that on TV right now.

Last time I skimmed across the strip the dumb bastards were up to four.