Berserk

How well would Berserk do as a big-budget, live action tv series by HBO or Netflix? Cast it, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_THLrGbLUAw
youtube.com/watch?v=JU94Xs8sr2Q
mangaseeonline.us/manga/Berserk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>live action
no

Not well all that would happen is it will get big and then the series will catch up to the manga and start making up their own head canon a la GoT.

because animated is working out so well for the franchise

Literally unfilmable.

>even the static shots and reused animation of the original anime look better than this abortion

the actual manga turns to shit anyway after a while

Our guy Gryffith is uncastable.

How many episodes/seasons do you rekon they would need to surpass the manga?

Here, have some good animation:
youtube.com/watch?v=_THLrGbLUAw
youtube.com/watch?v=JU94Xs8sr2Q
This is what HBO would need to beat

What do?

Idris Elba as Guts

is that your wife's son?

Your mum turns to shit bitch.
Dunno but with Maura taking hiatus after hiatus I'm sure that will inevitably happen.

Dane Deehaan

Love this meme

C-Caska san

Choose the most likely option:
>Casca's mind healing is successful, she confesses her love to Guts and fights by his side as a member of his party with some kind of magic powerup
>Casca's mind healing is successful and she confesses her love to Guts, but remains on Elf Island. She is not seen again in the manga but for brief cameos.
>Casca's mind healing is successful, but she hates Guts because she didn't want to remember. She commits suicide.
>Casca's mind healing is successful, but she hates Guts because she didn't want to remember. She storms off and abandons Guts, and is not seen again.
>Casca's mind healing is successful, but she still has feelings for Griffith. She abandons Guts to rejoin Griffith's side as his lieutenant.
>Casca's mind healing is successful, but she is consumed by the despair of all the awful memories. She uses the Behelit in her despair, and sacrifices Shierke and/or Farnese in a bid for enough power to take down Griffith.
>Casca's mind healing is not successful, but Shierke and Farnese make it out with their sanity intact.
>Casca's mind healing is not successful, and Shierke and/or Farnese go insane as a result.

>ywn see Moaner raped on screen and liking it

answer it and tell them to stop posting overhyped manchildren manga casting threads on Sup Forums

>liking it

>Casca's mind healing is successful, but she hates Guts because she didn't want to remember. She storms off and abandons Guts, and is not seen again

anyone else think the 1997 anime was literally godtier in terms of adaption?

Reminder that all the elf, pixie, elemental and magic shit completely ruined this manga.

The golden arc is the one and only.

Give it a bigger budget than none at all. Animation done right is beautiful.

>>Casca's mind healing is successful, but she hates Guts because she didn't want to remember. She commits suicide.

And this will put Guts on his suicidal journey to kill Griffith again...

I read the first volume and it seemed really edgy. I returned volumes 2 and 3

>Tom Hardy as Guts
Inspired choice user

The more goofy fantasy elements are a bit weird.

It's interesting how much Miura has changed from angry high test young Jap lad to complacent old man who just wants to play anime jpop manager simulator games. I always wonder how much his vision for an ending of the series has changed over the decades as he's become less and less interested in the miserable tone of the initial series. That sort of balls is what made it stand out

I want to watch this desu
what do I watch and what do I avoid
and no I'm not reading the fucking manga

>no Puck

in the trash

>and no I'm not reading the fucking manga

Then fuck off

>Puck
>golden Age

Stupid faggot, of all the things you could have mentioned you choose the character that doesn't show up til Black Swordsman arc?

i'd say ummmm, read the fucking manga retard

Idris Elba as Griffith, Adrian Brody as Guts

That's all Ive got

The original anime which covers the best arc, then just the third movie (which is just a summary/repetition of the same arc but you'll want to sit in on the third for The Eclipse)

Her using the behelit is what I'd pick honestly and reason behind is that Guts is constantly wondering and asked if he's the owner or simply carrying it for someone else;and Caska holding it and interacting with it whilst the environment around her going darker.She's gonna regain her memories and upon reclaiming them collapse and use the behelit to facilitate her maliciousness.
Guts already got the berserk armour and he's fighting his inner beast that's meant to overtake him so the behelit seems abundant.Him being a human that through suffering and constant training has gained superhuman strength is what makes him sought.

>I'm 12 years old
read the manga

Manga if you want the full experience;anime and then manga if you want a lesser one.There's no other choice.

Kellan Lutz as Guts
Andrej Pejic as Griffith
Isabela Moner as Casca
Sam Rockwell as Corkus
Jacob Tremblay as Rickert
Hafthor Bjornsson as Pippin
Duane "The Rock" Johnson as Boscogn
Donald Sutherland as the King of Midland
Paul Giamatti as Councilor Foss
Ron Perlman as the voice of Skull Knight
Terry Crews as General Adon (inb4 muh blackwashing)
Danny Trejo as Wyald (implying they'd include the Black Dog Knights)
Dave Bautista as Nosferatu Zodd
Keith David as the voice of Void
Alexandra Daddario as Slan

Actually no switch Keith David and Perlman.

>manlet guts
>selfpissing skull knight

Fucking terrible.

I only recently got into this because I reject Animu / Manga shit on the spot, but a friend of mine insisted adamantly I did. I can see why it's popular and why nothing is ever good enough for the fanbase.

It's literally impossible to adapt to the silver screen. I'll be content if they never try it.

> Implying the manga doesn't turn into a complete mess after The Eclipse

> Caska sacrifices Shierke and Farnese

Holy shit gief

I actually like the films more minus the shitty cgi

Perfect

I can already see all the SWJ articles being written about how badly Casca was treated if the show was made.

>as a big-budget, live action tv series by HBO or Netflix?

one of the most retarded ideas ive ever heard

you should really be fucking ashamed of yourself

>Gatsu
Tom Hardy
>Griffisu
Someone handsome and youngish
>Casca:
Lupita N'yongo for mostly p.c. reasons

Fucking weeb

Why do people have this obsession with live action adaptations of anime?

Imho, live action offers no visual opportunities that animation doesn't already do better, except for putting a marketable face in there.

>Isabela Moner
more like Isabela Boner!!

in HBO would be a masterpiece

but in Netflix would be like a C Level tv show

Just wtch 90's series, but make sure to start watching from episode 2 and watch the 1st one the last because the whole show is the prequel to the pilot and it spoils some stuff a little.

But it offers money making opportunities. Only thing that makes money in animation are those awful 3D kids movies.

> in pre-2007 HBO it would be a masterpiece
ftfy

cast a woman

kate blanchett or elle fanning

>gatsu
>griffisu

>berserk adapted by hbo
>gets the game of thrones treatment
>source material completely gutted in favor of normie shit
>writers pull dumb shit out of their asses when they've catched up with the latest released volumes

>catched
Berserk fans never disappoint.

>Sam Rockwell as Corkus
this is actually perfect

>Casca
>White

kek. You stupid m8?

Then don't get into it dumbass. There hasn't been a proper adaptation. All the animes and movies are shit

the 90's anime was great shut your fucking mouth

just give her a tan

By far my fav manga and even anime. I wish they would no something good with it, not that 3D shit right now.

Pretty much any adaptation I can imagine of Berserk they would 100% cast a fucking nigger as Griffith. If they didn't cast Guts as one.

Guts and Casca the nigger couple... Betrayed by the pale white devil Griffith.

>this spic beaner wetback
>white

kys racetraitor

She's definitely going to rejoin Griffith and forgive him 100% and she will somehow hate Guts. It will end up being Gut vs literally the entire world + Griffith's army.

He'll more than likely rape and kill Casca, kill Griffith's top dogs, kill Griffith and then kill himself or end up transforming into Skull Knight 2.0 or some other abomination. There is no good end.

Here's guts

>Casca
>not white
Are YOU retarded?

She didn't lose her mind because of how traumatic it is. She lost her mind because she got fucked with the power of a God's cock. It was just a standard hentai mindbreak rape. The parts she was still present for she enjoyed. So you're right.

>Berserk
>Written and directed by David and David
what do?

Berserk could never be made

>proud woman of color raped into retard
>spends the rest of the story being damsel in distress, almost getting raped again multiple times
>troll rape factory
>magic indian rape factory
>first black character introduced is a rapist pedo
>second is an enemy that pretty much dies in the same episode he's introduced
>brown assassin enemies
>massive brown invasion army
>complete change of tone/theme every season:
>1. medieval style low fantasy with politics
>2. ultra grimdark child murder fantasy
>3. scooby gang and magical girls

it will go like 2 episodes before people start saying it's a white supremacist, misogynistic game of thrones ripoff

Not those guys but she literally isn't white.

You're right, it's far too prophetic of Europes future

When considering they'll just re-tool all the characters to be Jews, gays, Muslims, blacks, and beaners while making the villians look like they just crawled out of nazi Germany, I think they need to just leave it the hell alone.

When you outline it like that it's no wonder no one respects manga/anime as a medium.

in the HBO version the invading indians are actually refugees. Guts spends the rest of the story killing old white men (and one orange) who want's to deport them.

Are there readable English translations of the newest issues of the manga yet?

What's wrong with this one : mangaseeonline.us/manga/Berserk

>thinking HBO would ever create an NC-17 series

too awesome to for tv, id enjoy that far too much

>4 new interresting issue
>hiatus

i guess your american mindset thinks "not white"=nigger or spic, tho there are other races. she looks like in the anime like some gypsy or arab brown with caucasian face structure

>guts gets raped when hes a kid
>implying hbo would show this

Wait, who was raped as a kid? Guts gutted Gambino if that's what you're implying.

Guts was raped by a big black guy. That's not a joke. Gambino sells him to this guy for a night of "fun"
It's never directly stated but it's probably why Guts hates getting touched so much near the beginning of Golden age arc

>it's a they skip the Lost Children Arc adaptation

>It's never directly stated, but I'm going to self-insert my BLACKED fantasies here nonetheless
t. You.
Get help.

>it's never directly stated
>it's literally directly shown and then later stated in both the manga and the 97 anime

have you even read the fucking thing?

your delusional he clearly gets raped by eye griod and then get revenge later

i literally posted an image from the manga lol don't project your insecurities on me

Has any adpation not skipped the best saga?
I was so mad the new game skipped that

this thread made me start fantasising a hollywood multi-part movie series like lord of the Rings about Berserk.

the only problem is that youd have to either really shorten and leave out parts of the Golden age in movie one

Or do the golden age in two movies but not really have a good climax or cliffhanger for the first movie.

after that it would be SO GOOD to have one movie for lost children , one movie for the tower of conviction

Ironically Harry Styles for Judeau

If Tom Hardy was like 10-12 cm's taller he would be perfect for Gutts.Other than Hardy people usually say Henry Cavill but he's too fucking pretty.I'm ok with Ezra Miller as Griffith though, he has that childish joy, just dye his hair and don't give him any quips.

>Never directly stated
>But these cucked assholes who spend 18 hours a day amongst BLACKED threads need to self insert their fantasies into this work of art
Get help. You're sick.