Why hasn't Sup Forums compiled a Top 100 or Top 50 best Graphic Novels / Trade Paperbacks?

Why hasn't Sup Forums compiled a Top 100 or Top 50 best Graphic Novels / Trade Paperbacks?

/lit/ has managed to make multiple top 100 lists, and despite some obvious meme'ing here and there, it's a lot better than most lists online.

Too much work

Comics are awful

>Blood Meridian
>Number Five
Doesn't /lit/ hate Blood Meridian though? I guess that's where the memeing comes from then.

What exactly is the point?

It gives people a guideline on which comics to read first i guess.

At the very least some starter guides could be thrown together and debated on. Only thing I can find is an actual tumblr called "Sup Forums recommendations" which gives a list of like 50+ separate comic series for DC and Marvel each, and just lists the name of the hero instead of a specific run in most cases, lol

I browse /lit/ frequently and they fucking love blood meridian. I only see it shit on as a joke or contrarianism.

>Macbeth
>Not Hamlet
>Not The Tempest
>Not Much Ado About Nothing
>Not Midsummer Night's Dream

I'm disappointed in their taste in Shakespeare.

We have plenty of reccs images though, what good does an ordered list do? Especially when at a certain point you learn your own personal tastes and find more material on your own.

there's an entire tumblr with lists for writers, characters, genres and so on
what's the point of a top 100

It just gives a general feel of the taste on the board. If someone posts a form I'd contribute to it, I have a general idea of my personal top 50 comics although I'm assuming you just submit 5 or so

>Graphic Novels / Trade Paperbacks?

There's your problem. Comics work differently. You have these individual issues that come together to form a variety of wholes. So let's say Sup Forums wants Grant Morrison's Batman. It can't be a singular entry even though people who would want it there would want it as a singular entry.

The quality on those lists varies drastically. Lots of dreck in there desu.

>two favorite books are 61 and 24

Woop

We have our comics of pain list

So something like this?

There's nothing wrong with it but there's a need to update those.

Yeah, that's pretty neat, thanks!

Still interested in the general taste of the board - though that would be more for fun than anything else.

There already are starter guides, even for stuff not from Marvel or DC. Sup Forums already recommends almost universally some Batman, some Superman, Judge Dredd, Watchmen, Animal Man (maybe), Daredevil (if it's a capefag asking), and Hellboy.

Pretty sure that was also from the Sup Forumsmraderecs tumblr.
You might want to take a second look at it.