Does that visor serve any purpose? Does it come off, or is it part of her skin?

Does that visor serve any purpose? Does it come off, or is it part of her skin?

Gems don't have skin. They are hard light projections.

If I pull that off, will she die?

Wtf is Steven then if he's supposed to be part human? Is he a flesh-light mixture?

No it's the gem they need to live.

We don't really know. We've never seen if he can be poofed, or if he's just flesh with Gem powers.

judging from how the destabilizer tech worked on him I'd say he's four parts flesh to one part light

yes, you can see his tech when he enters trough a barrier.

It's to protect her gem, did that seriously not cross your mind?

She's a small gem

It's mainly for protection. This could've killed her.

For Lapis

It would be extremely painful...

That too.

She wipes tears away in Gem Drill by moving her hand under the visor, so ya, it comes off a la Garnet

Peridots are sturdy, though.

stupid ignorant, Matt said on twitter if Steven dies, hes ded

he has both good and bad from gem and human.

But they can still crack under pressure

the visor indicates class/rank

Just look at doc from the Ruby squad

>people die when they are killed

no shit, lardo.
But the question is if steven can poof

isnt clear? no

I´ve always wondered. Do Gems emit heat? As, body heat? I think I´ve seen some of them sweating too, and there's a ton of crying. Why would a light projection require substances such as sweat and tears? Hell, they don´t even need to drink water, do they? Where do they get tears from? I know I´m nitpicking, but I´m sure someone out there has a theory to explain this.

I read a theory somewhere that the bright light shown in flashbacks is actually some sort of corruption beam sent by the diamonds, and that's why so many homeworld gems wear some sort of visor (Peridot, Jasper, Doc Ruby) - something about it shielding from light-based damage.

That actually sounds pretty plausible.

She's a big girl

>20 posts later and nobody's posted "flesh-light" pics.
Double_facepalm.jpg

He's a test tube baby with Rose's gem slapped onto him

>if Steven dies, hes ded
That's dumb, they are missing out on having a proper immortal protagonist. As opposed to plot shielding him.