What do you do when you're fucking sick as shit Sup Forums?

What do you do when you're fucking sick as shit Sup Forums?

I have pretty good reason to believe I've come down with the flu and I feel fucking terrible. Fever, headache, sore throat, cough, chills, the whole nine yards. I got the flu shot but I guess it was only 10% effective this year or something. Anyway I feel awful and can't sleep so what do you do when you're sick to pass the time when you aren't asleep?

i don't get sick

t. black bull

I consume antiflu drugs, do you have another variants?

on my phone in a dark room drinking lots of water and hot drinks

Kek is that the Aussie flu strain?

Gognac

>What do you do when you're fucking sick as shit Sup Forums?
I take antibiotics and the within the next two days I resume my normal life.

I don't get sick very often
Last time was almos 2 years ago

>taking antibiotics for viral infection

There are over the counter cold and flu meds which relieve the symptoms and one or two anti-viral meds which are prescription only and need to be started within about 24 hours of the onset of symptoms to be most effective. Tamiflu I think is one?

Maybe, I don't know. I haven't been around any Australians and I don't know if that strain of flu is one of the ones sweeping over the country right now. Wouldn't really make sense though, it's summer for you now so flu rates should be low down under right?

Rest in bed while drinking plenty of water, if that doesn't work I go to the hospital
Got the flu last year
Went to the ER
They admitted me for like 2 days because my heart rate was something like 175 for at least two hours and wouldn't go down
Spent the next days getting a fuck ton of tests done because they thought I had a heart defect

do some heroin

I'm going to the doctor later as I have an upper respiratory genetic defect that makes me high risk for complications such as pneumonia. That's why I get flu shots every year. I'm assuming they'll do that quick flu test and prescribe an anti-viral if I test positive for flu and some antibiotics as well to minimize the risks of complications developing. I'd probably only go to the ER if I had a really high fever over 105F (40.5C) or if I was having trouble breathing.

Neither do I to be fair. Even with the genetic issues I don't actually get sick more often than normal. When I do get sick I just get sicker than the average person.

We had it during our flu season, I guess it just hung around after for long enough that cunts flying down to visit for Christmas caught it.

>I'd probably only go to the ER if I had a really high fever over 105F

Yes, I had a 104 for over a couple of hours, which is why I went to the ER. But don't hesitate to go if you feel you should, better safe than sorry.

pro-tip, they're mostly useless

Even at some point within near-deadly infections like MERS, Corona outbreaks, doctors look at ribavirin/oseltamivir/newer agents and say fuck it, lets hope to God it does something

Well I'll see what the doc says and if shit starts to hit the fan later I'll go to the ER but I'd rather avoid it if possible. Rather not sit in a waiting room for hours and then in a bed for more hours before they start an IV and tell me the virus just has to run its course.

I really more just wanna know what to do to keep myself occupied since I can't sleep. To be fair I haven't taken any pain or fever meds and don't want to before I see the doctor. Afterwards of course I will and then maybe I'll be able to sleep but I don't know what to do in the meantime. I'd play vidya but I'd rather lay down then sit at my desktop and while I can use my laptop staring at the LCD doesn't help with the headache. Is reading better? Watching a movie or listening to a podcast or something?

At least they relieve symptoms and you dont feel lik shit
>Tamiflu I think is one?
I heard it can help only with some special stamms of flu

Symptomatic relief is usually through decongestants (antihistamines) and antipyrogens (from paracetamol all the way up), maybe codeine/DXM and a hot nurse too

Look up the pharma. activity of antiviral agents in diseases like this, a joke

>What do you do when you're fucking sick as shit Sup Forums?
Sauna then cold shower to lower temperature.
Then some rum and hot coffee mixed together.
Spend day in bed watching tv shows/sleeping.

>paracetamol
Yeah, I usually take drugs containg this plus condiments

I don't do anything. Just rest.
Had the flu a couple times, just bed rest and drink water/juice and sleep. Usually passes in a couple days.
Nearest hospital is like an hour away anyways, not driving that while sick.

A fever of 104 should go to the ER desu unless you have a mom/gf or someone to take care of you while you rest in bed.

I had a horrible fever and I literally felt drunk for two days straight. Fought it out at home and never took my temp but was sick as hell and could barely move when it was at it’s worst

This is correct, you could be one of those super-severe viral pneumonia cases, rare strain (aussie/jap flu) or have an opportunistic bacterium like staph ready to double team with influenza

I fever a little on the high side normally though. Back a few years ago I had the GI bug and after a truly awful night of puking my fever peaked at 106F (41.1C). The only reason I didn't go to the ER was because I stopped vomiting long enough to take some Motrin and was able to get the fever down to about 104F fairly quickly. I spent the entire rest of that day up and down between 103F and 105F. It was terrible.

shitpost on Sup Forums while laying in bed

People actually go to the hospital for a flu?
Ok if you are old etc but a young person should not need medical care for that..
Had my highest fever during my mandatory military training back in 2001, had a 40 degree (104 F) fever during one of our field exercises.
Extra socks, hot soup and lots of sleep in the tent. Was -30 outside at the moment. Half the crew was sick.

Dallas has 60 deaths so far from the flu this winter

heat up some water, pour it in a cup, mix in some squeezed lemon and honey. Drink that up.

I go to the hospital, what the fuck do you do?

Chlorgexidine + GOMAD