Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j6t22mJABDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>shitty imitation of Gorshin's Riddler
>shitty imitation of Nicholson's Joker

Thanks doc

Whoa doc, easy there on the meds.

>unsanctioned buffoonery

Like the jacket? It keeps me safe when I'm... jogging at night!

purpled

I liked Tommy Lee's performance.
He probably thought the whole movie was shitty so he decided to ham it up has possible.

Was that over the top?
I CAN NEVER TELL

Why? I enjoyed it as a kid.

How come they never do the Riddler anymore in movies? He's a fun character.

too hard to come up with riddles

>How about Mr. E.?
Mystery.
>And another name for mystery?
Enigma!
>Mr. E. Nygma. Edward Nygma. Stickley's suicide was obviously a computer-generated forgery.

Forever was bad, but batman and robin is still such a great unintentional comedy

Jim Carrey as Jim Carrey in a Riddler suit was my favorite celebrity guest appearance in the early days of the dceu.

I legitimately loved Batman Forever, saw it as a kid. I thought everbody liked it.

What the fuck you didn't understood, nigga?

i loved it, it was so over the top, like neon vomit on '66 Batman

You anons ever read about the scenes that got cut from this movie?

Apparently this movie actually made sense at one point and Dent's backstory with Batman, Chase Meridian's entire character, Riddler building his empire and why Batman lets Two-Face and the Riddler totally trash the city is all explained.

Also Batman's entire arc got cut:

>One of the most important deleted scenes involved further backstory to the film shows Bruce waking up from being shot by Two-Face with temporary memory loss. Bruce remembers everything except being Batman. After Alfred shows him the Batcave which has been destroyed by the Riddler. They stand on the platform where the Batmobile was and Alfred says "Funny they did not know about the cave beneath the cave". The platform then rotates downward to another level where the sonar-modification equipment is kept, from the special batsuit to the hi-tech weaponry, Bruce comes upon a section of the cave where he first encountered the bat that inspired his alter ego (which is shown earlier in the movie when he talks to Chase). This deleted scene kept in line with the earlier storyline of Thomas Wayne's diary, which Bruce finds in the cave. The recurring nightmares of his parents' deaths throughout the movie are given closer inspection when he reads the diary. He had believed his parents would not have died if he hadn't made them go to the movies, but his father's diary reveals that his parents had been planning to go to the movies anyway, prompting Bruce to say through tears, "Not my fault...". He sees the bat again in this scene, and the size of it made many fans who saw the screenshot think it was Man-Bat. It was confirmed that this was not and was never intended to be Man-Bat. The bat appears and Bruce raises his arms and the shot shows that they are one. Bruce now remembers who he is and goes with Alfred to solve the riddles left throughout the film.

I maintain that Val Kilmer is low-key a fantastic Batman.

>unintentional
Nigger everyone was well aware they're making kids movie and there's nothing cooler than a Bat-credit card when you're a kid. And there's nothing funnier than the Bat-credit card when you're a parent sitting with your charmed up its ass kid watching blue Shwarzenegger make retarded puns

That bat was scary as fuck

Well the thing is i do agree with you but many people just bash it as if it was a serious take on '66 gone oh so wrong

Fuck you I still unironically love this movie

That instant jump to the guy's suicide is absurd but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be funny in the Adam West 60's kind of way because it's played so straight.

Don't you know how important Batman Forever was to my childhood. They filmed Wayne Manor from about a mile from house, eventually got to work there, and now I find out they're filming Gotham there. Also the video game was made in my home town from Acclaim. Truly was amazing.

I loved Riddler in this movie but even 8 year old me thought Chris O'Donnell sucked as Robin. Why was Batman adopting an adult?

For what? I fucking love Batman Forever.

>serious
There's not a single damn thing in that movie except for that one great scene between Alfred and Clooney which is great.

Batman & Robin has one great feat that is laking from most modern cape movies and especially Burton's Batman: it has an established "silly" reailty that it never breaks out of. It's consistent with itself from start to finish.

someone post THAT scene. You know the one.

honestly I prefer Batman & Robin. I just don't like this Riddler

huh?

Why? I love Carrey's rendition of Riddler. It was almost the Joker.

almost? it was more Joker than Nicholson's Joker

It's just the biggest star on the planet getting to dictate that 80% of the movie is footage of him doing a second rate tribute to his hero Frank Gorshin.

I thought Tom Lee Jones did an admirable job as Two-Face even if the character was a bit too goofy at times. And what more can you say about Carey? He was good as The Riddler, but it was just Carey in a Riddler suit. There was no "character"

He was, probably my favorite. He would've been great in a serious Bat-film.

Nicole Kidman was so fucking hot in this.

I always thought Carrey would've made a fantastic Joker. Everyone else thinks I'm nuts though.

Mask is basically him playing a good guy Joker with superpowers so I can see it

What the fuck? Carrey was a comedic actor coming fresh off of Dumb and Dumber. He wasn't a big star until The Truman Show.

Tommy Lee Jones and Val Kilmer were the stars, in that order.

It also had Cameron Diaz at her peak hotness. Woman was like lava.

Ace Ventura was what made him a big star. Truman Show was what made him marketable as a serious actor. Big difference.

He wasn't a nobody, but he was a supporting actor in big budget films until the Truman Show. I distinctly remember his profile got huge as he got tons of offers for leads.

>Ace Ventura was what made him a big star.

Too bad it was pretty much the end of Sean Young's career.

I still masturbate furiously to the strip down scene.

He doesn't really lend himself well as a major movie villain by himself.

Riddles are really his only gimmick, and I can't imagine them making a movie out of Batman solving riddles for 2 and a half hours.

YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP!

He was headlining movies before the Truman Show, dude.

>The bat appears and Bruce raises his arms and the shot shows that they are one

So...this is kino

Like that guy said, Truman Show was when people started taking him seriously as an actual dramatic actor, but he'd already had several top-grossing movies starring him before that. His name was already a draw by 1995.

Who me?

>That theme
Not even a fan of the movie, but love this piece
youtu.be/j6t22mJABDk

Remember Cable Guy? No of course you don't.

>Why was Batman adopting an adult?
Before marriage was an option gay men would sometimes adopt each other for things like insurance or inheritance

It went well with Jack Nicholson as Jack Nicholson in corpse paint and a Joker suit in the first one.

They were trying to channel Batman '66. It's supposed to be total camp. It just so happens to suck so bad that it's fun to get high to and mock mercilessly.

>SHTEVEN

It's still better than BvS

>Tommy Lee Jones shit talks Jim Carrey for buffoonery
>plays Two Faced over the top and even more of a buffoon than Jim with Riddler

Jones is apparently an entitled ass. A friend of mine once worked on his vehicle and he acted like a complete dickhead the entire transaction.

No not that one, that one scene with Kidman

Is that David Bowie?

what happened to Jim Carrey? He did 23, disappeared for a couple years, and then did Mr Popper's Penguins? What the hell, he was funny.

He was mostly butthurt that his vanity project was beaten by a Jim Carrey movie. I don't remember which one it was, though.

There's more to modern Riddler than riddles and acting like Frank Gorshin, but I would agree he shouldn't be the villain by himself, he works best in a secondary or supporting role.

I always thought they could do a Batman version of Se7en with a twisted serial killer Riddler.

apparently, youre in the wrong thread

They think THIS is how Batman movies should be.

>blond batman with green eyes

He has depression issues, and not being kept constantly busy makes that shit worse, and so he gets less roles because he becomes a creepy fuck, and so on.

You should write one of those shitty edgelord Arkham games

Cable Guy was a much darker film than I remember it being.

Schumacher's batman is the gratest thing to ever happen not just for Batman but for capefils in general.
Schumacher is the only director who has tried to make a live action comic and not just a movie adaptation, he truly knew his vintage comis and how they felt.

I've always thought that Riddler shouldn't warn people about his crimes beforehand, but leave riddles at the scene that could help a particularly clever person track him down.

Riddler would engage those people in a game of cat-and-mouse where he makes himself the mouse on purpose to prove that he's smarter than the people who want to catch him.

I just think that this would make the Riddler appear more intelligent, in that by the time people figure out what's going on the Riddler's already committed a perfect crime and the only way you'll catch him is if you play his game.

>gratest
>capefils
>comis
>how they felt
Illiterate fuckwit.

I JUST WANNA HANG OUT, NO BIG DEAL!

And thus you completely miss the point regarding the character.

He never read the comics. He was pretty open about using the 60's show as inspiration.

Moron.

That's because Tommy Lee's buffoonery was sanctioned, Jim's was not

>I liked Tommy Lee's performance.
Except it wasn't Two-Face.
Harvey had a dual personality. He wasn't "on" all the time. The only thing that even came close was the scene at the end where he's calm and rational, and actually shows the "good" Harvey side when Batman reminds him about using his coin to decide.
Look for Batmann Returns-The Red Book Edition. Puts back all that stuff, and cuts out a lot of the last minute added "humor".

>I thought Tom Lee Jones did an admirable job as Two-Face
You thought wrong.

You're the one who doesn't have a clue as to how The Riddler works, Mate. All you have is your shitty fanfic/headcanon.
You're pretty much the moron in this discussion.

That's actually not me.

I don't mind that you dislike my idea.

We've all got different preferences -- I just enjoy mine because it plays up Riddler's narcissism. He's already gotten away with the crime; you'll only catch him if he gives you a hint.

>We've all got different preferences
It's not a preference though.
You came up with some bit of retarded fanfic and are giving it more credence that what is actually established.
That's pretty moronic. You have no say in the matter. You're like those fanboys who go apeshit all the time about creators who "don't know shit" because THEY don't follow said fanboy's headcanon.

I've changed my mind.

Go fuck yourself.

well that's mature

Fuck you, too.

I liked The Batman's Riddler more than Jims Riddler.

>Getting this butthurt because your shitty idea is exposed as such.
MFW

You do realize part of Riddlers character is narcissism and has a compulsive need for people to know its him right? Its not just outsmarting people, he wants them to know its him and that hes their better.

The Batman had a great Riddler. It's the only version of the bodysuit costume I like.

His brief appearance in Azzarello's Joker had a nice bit of characterization.

Is this some sort of Riddler style autism roleplay

What the heck are you arguing about Riddler leaves clues for crimes he has already committed all the time.

>APOLOGIZE
Implying.

m8 you are the only retarded cunt here

Creepy? How so?

You don't read very well.