What does Sup Forums think of the rumor that Clark Kent is actually Superboy-Prime pretending to be Clark and playing...

What does Sup Forums think of the rumor that Clark Kent is actually Superboy-Prime pretending to be Clark and playing nice since he doesn't want to be vaporized by Manhattan?

>Clark Kent is Superboy-Prime
>New 52 Clark and Lois are actually Earth-2 Clark and Lois

it's bs and the person that started it got literally everything wrong about the DC Rebirth special

IDK, he was right about Ted mentoring Jaime

It'd be incredibly stupid and convoluted so I imagine it's true, knowing DC.

I actually can't wait to see Manhattan.

I just want it to be prime time again so I'd be ok with that

>convoluted

Hey, let's do the entire DCU and its hist ory in *8* pages.

Its Martian Manhunter

J'ohn remembers the pre-n52

Doesn't really make sense considering that he broke his arm.

>C(light)

Superboy Prime wouldn't play nice though.

That's his whole thing

I've been waiting for him to return since Black Hand brought the Source Wall to life at the end of Godhead...

Yeah but Manhattan is more powerful than Prime could ever be. I think that could keep him at bay.

I look forward to it.

Brings the question what does Mnhattan want with Prime?

Fuck... Is multiversity 2 gonna have Manhattan in it?

I get the feeling Morrison might do it just to spite Moore.

He wants his Memes.

But he's not...

Jesus no

What about that Black Hand guy?

Why?
They don't get along well?

It's sounds like the kind of retarded shit Johns can come out, it's generic and pleb friendly

Oh no, Moore definitely hates him, I'm not sure how much Morrison hates Moore because Morrison considers him an influence for his work.

Moore hates everybody. To him, Morrison is some young punk trying to steal his game even though the two write about quite different things and have different styles. Also Morrison's in his 50's now so he's hardly the punk kid he was.

As far as I now, Morrison hates Mark Millar though.

No. There's no way morrison is happy about this retardation. He has his own Manhattan character, he likes Captain Atom (Waid and Johns dislike him). Johns has been ignoring Morrison's works for little over a decade. If Johns wanted Morrison involved on Rebirth Morrison would had been involved on it's creation, from Cap Adams to the empty hadn to Ultra, but Watchmen being involved means the EXECUTIVES ordered John to bring them, that's the kind of thing Morrison really hates.

They don't, at all.

Or so he wants us to think!

You mean from that thread that said the ect big event will be Red Dawn and John Stewart will be a Yellow Lantern?

Yeah, don't believe it.

why based Moore doesn't get along with based Morrison? It's something wizard related?

Who the Hell is Clark Kent?

Johns and Morrison don't get along right?

Did Morrison hates Byrnes too?
Did Moore hates Gaiman too?

They used to be close, not real friends but kind of close 10 years ago. But Morrison hates the suits and Johns is the executives Errand boy.
Morrison didnt comment on Johns as a writer of the Batman movie, but thete's ZERO chance he wasnt pissed.

No, Moore is friends with Gaiman actually.

Nobody likes the suits. Everyone here hates them.

Can anyone give me a rundown on superbly prime?

They're magic rivals

He's coocoo banana's

>Moore is friend with someone who writes on DC
HOW?
>Waid and Johns dislike Captain Atom
plebs

Who'd win in a fight: The Plutonian or Superboy-Prime?

>Clark Kent is actually Superboy-Prime pretending to be Clark
Except his arm got snapped up by Doomsday and hasn't healed

Like coco for coco puffs or just a silly rabbit

He was from an Earth called Earth Prime, which existed prior to the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths. On his Earth, he was the only super powered individual with superpowers. If I recall correctly, there was an added meta layer because DC Comics existed in that world. That version of Earth Prime was essentially our real world.

Superman of Earth 2 recruited Superboy Prime to fight the Antimonitor. When all of reality rebooted to Post Crisis, Earth 2 Superman hid in a pocket universe with his version of Lois, another version of Lex Luthor, and Superbly Prime.

In the Infinite Crisis event, they escaped from their pocket dimension. Long story short, Prime lost his marbles and killed spme niggas. He outfitted himself with armor made from Antimonitor, which made him uber strong. He was beaten by Earth 2 and Earth 1 Superman, but returned in later events.

His last known location was in our Earth, powerless but having broken the fourth wall and being an angry comic nerd in our reality.

This
Why seems everybody jerks with Manhattan? Everytime there is some power level shit, he is usually the fucking win card (he, Prime and One Million). There are a lot of characters that can transform and do shit with matter and reality (Captain Atom, Firestorm, Major Force, Shade the Changing Man, etc), there's Prime who is basically invincible. Hell, there's even Red Jack who claimed himself to be god. I really don't understand why people put Manhattan on a pedestal as the one who nobody can't beat do shit. He is truly the Goku of comics.

>Teenager on earth prime discovers he has Supermans powers (hence the name supboy prime)
>His earth is destroyed by the anti-monitor and he is saved by the monitor in order to make a last stand on Earth-1 (the monitor assembles heroes from all time and all universes)
>Heroes defeat anti monitor. Superboy Prime, Golden Age (earth-2) superman and Lois and Earth-3 Luthor escape to a pocket dimension
>All worlds except Earth-1 are destroyed

That's COIE

>Following that, we get the edgy dark bullshit of the 90's. The heroes behave worse than the damn silver age villains did
>The previous heroes, including prime, decide they saved the wrong earth (Earth-1) and come back, triggering another crisis.
>Superboy prime confronts Superboy, angry that he received the life he thought he thought he himself deserved but squandered it to be all dark and edgy
>They fight and prime accidentally kills Superboy
>Heroes show up to fight prime, the Flash's attempt to seal him into the speedforce
>It's only a temporary fix and he breaks out (and seemingly a long time has passed in the speedforce, so now he's a bit mental), he constructs armour made the Anti Monitors gear and goes full villain mode
>He wants Luthor to recreate his earth (Earth-prime) and fuck everything else
>Supes defeats him and he is locked away on Oa

I haven't read about what he does next.

Basically he is an edgy teenager who legitimately saved the day but then got jealous of the people who he saved not making the most of the new world given to them. He wants his world back and goes full villain to make it happen.

>His last known location was in our Earth, powerless but having broken the fourth wall and being an angry comic nerd in our reality.
I heard (haven't read) that he went back home but everyone had read about the bullshit he had done and hated him.

Manhattan isn't even that strong. His omniscience is only local to his own existence and can be blocked by Tachyons. If you stay out of his way there really isn't a great deal he can do.

But the suits know he means more money than Captain Adams, Elemental Firestorm or Captain Atom.

Yeah. Watchmen is a bigger draw card. I don't like that they are using them but I can see why.

He showed up two times after being in our reality. Once in his Blackest Night mini then in a pre-FP Teen Titans issue where they fused him to the Source Wall. I think there was a new 52 GL storyline about the Source Wall but he didn't show up?

Me neither user.

You mean Empty Hand? My bet is that most likely he's actually Yuga Khan of old.

Basically ever since then Superboy prime has been running on nothing but spite. He spent the entire post-IC and going into final crisis just ripping and tearing shit up in a nihlist, destructive rampage. He's pretty much given up on his own happy ending and is obsessed with destroying and ruining everything for everyone else entirely out of spite.

The implication is that over time he's gotten a LOT more powerful. Killing Pandora remotely as well as bumping off Metron and Owlman probably was beyond his Watchmen-era power level.

On a meta level, it makes sense. New 52 took away hope and love in favor of being grim and gritty because Watchmen's legacy has convinced everyone that Grim and Gritty is what sells. So Manhattan is obsessed with keeping the universe grim and miserable because that's how he thinks it's supposed to be.

Empty Hand is the reader, Morrison already said that.

>So Manhattan is obsessed with keeping the universe grim and miserable because that's how he thinks it's supposed to be.

Johns already said he wasn't the villain. It will probably be an unintentional side effect rather than something he did on purpose.

>So Manhattan is obsessed with keeping the universe grim and miserable because that's how he thinks it's supposed to be.
But that doesn't fit the character. It's meta, but it doesn't make in universe sense.

Manhattan doesn't give a shit about grim, gritty, light or dark. Hell, he barely compares about sentient existence full stop.

Then who is the villain? Mr. Oz?

What's wrong with this?

>Then who is the villain? Mr. Oz?
It's not a villain story. The watchmen will be presented as antagonists.

I half expect it will end with Wally/Superman/Batman on Mars giving Manhattan a reason to keep the universe going.

How?

And to add of course, the fact that it was likely unintentional is part of the meta message. Watchmen didn't mean to cause what it did.

Isn't Mxy more powerful than Manhattan. Why not use him? Oh wait...money.

This is a story that is going to take 2 years to tell. Probably hasn't been shown yet.

>(You)yourself

>Manhattan is more powerful than Prime could ever be

>Isn't Mxy more powerful than Manhattan. Why not use him? Oh wait...money.
As posters above have alluded to. These big events are always meta commentaries.

Watchmen spawned a 'dark is better' mentality that tore down a lot of what we loved at DC (love, legacy). They are now going to physically appear in the comic to answer for it. DC is going to present it's case for existence moving forward using all the ingredients that made it great that didn't exist in watchmen.

I actually don't like the way DC is using Watchmen characters.
>Mfw Flex Mentallo mini ended like this
>Mfw I would love to see based Mentallo convincing autistic Manhattan to change his ways

>I actually don't like the way DC is using Watchmen characters.
No, neither do I. I can see why they are doing it. But I don't like it.

Watchmen is arguably the best comic ever written, touching it can only bring it down.

being Donna is suffering

Who is next? Jack Knight? The Endless? Saint of Killers?
I hope is Saint of Killers

So,..DC is trying to save their ass? It wasn't just Watchmen, TDKR is also to blame then.

Context and whose Donna?

it has no history, that's why it's a reboot

What makes you think that won't be in it too?

>TDKR
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that shit somehow shows up.

>So,..DC is trying to save their ass
DC has identified that letting the tone of Watchmen guide their universe was a mistake. They are now going to address that.

>possessing the indomitable will

I really wish someone would give this cunt a fucking dictionary

>He was right about Blue Beetle mentoring new Blue Beetle

Wow

How is it going to show up?

TDKR isn't already part of the Multiversity? Or at least of the old new 52 multiverse? I think that won't be because there are no characters like Manhattan (characters powerful enough to alter reality). Also I think Miller is in good terms with DC unlike Moore (and he is dying so blame on him would be shitty for part of DC).

Manhattan could take them to the world that convergence occurred on, giving them a look at all times and places. Manhattan could go to the vanishing point and view these things.

Manhattan can clearly move through universes and manipulate time. Nothing is out of bounds

Moore doesn't care any more. Genuinely. He's not reading DC comics, you can be sure of that, and he's perfectly happy for them to do whatever the fuck they want.

His unhappiness/disappointment/anger is centered on the fact that people want to live in these childish fictions long after they should have moved on, intellectually and emotionally, to something new. Maybe creating something of their own, maybe just broadening their horizons. He doesn't give a shit that the publishers are still pumping this crap out, he's resigned to that much being inevitable - he's really disappointed by the adults who are still reading the same shit they read as children, which is now aimed at those adults rather than at children but only really has the sexual/violent trappings of "mature" themes to differentiate it.

Basically, he doesn't like manchildren. Who does?

And say, this universe is just as fucked up as mine was?

Wasn't SBP imprisoned in the Source Wall? Escape from that is impossible.

I don't see the problem.

>And say, this universe is just as fucked up as mine was?
No, but it can be used to contrast against current DC.

So if Prime is really Clark Ken, why is he powerless and what does Manhattan want with him?

>they set off a nuke

YOU CLEARLY DON'T HAVE TIME FOR A CONVERSATION FOR FUCK'S SAKE DC GET IT TOGETHER

Didn't Thelos did that?

>So if Prime is really Clark Ken, why is he powerless and what does Manhattan want with him?
The theory doesn't hold up. Clark Kent just had his arm broken, I very strongly doubt it's prime.

Yes. If he could do it so could Manhattan.

>giving so much credit to Geoff "literal" Johns.

Superboy prime got juiced by oan power and Mxys juice and he went full retard vs Monarch, the most powerful non-cosmic Dc character ever, the strongerst version of Captain Atom that absorbed the powers of others Captain Atoms of the multiverse, including Manhattan's versions.

Superboy prime went full retarded, opened the armor of Monarch, the universe got rekt and displaced, and superboy almost dies and lost almost all his power.