I'll be useful, sir

I'll be useful, sir.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>inexperienced child goes out to save the day with the big boys
>falls down some steps and hits his head on a pipe
>tells friend to put his name in the paper as a hero as his final wish, even though he didn't do jack shit
>dies, pretending to be a hero
What a great character

>I tumbled down the stair sir n bonged me edd

BRAVO NOLAN

How tf did he die by literally tripping on the ground? It was so lame, and as soon as he did you knew he was gonna die just from the reactions and music. Not that it mattered cause who cares about this personality void cypher of a character. Really poor filmmaking.

Took a bigger risk in the hope of doing something good than you'll ever do faggo.

Dude was such a filler

What good was he going to do, exactly? Someone else was piloting the boat. All he was doing was taking up space which could be used for another soldier.

I actually applaud Nolan for it. When's the last time you saw one of the protagonists die from falling down some stairs? It happens all the time in real life but never in a film.

Dunkino is unironically Nolan's best work.

How did the newspaper article explain his death? The pilot who gave the story to the journalist didn't know what happened. Also, the old man seemed more or less "cool" with Cillian Murphy by the end, so it seemed unlikely that he'd rat him out.

So what did the article say? "He bravely went to see to save our British soldiers, but he tripped and fell down the stairs and died."

Ever thought the old man could use an extra hand to pull fully grown men out of the water? all he had was his teenage son. Also he could potentially help with repairs if needed.

Why did Tom Hardy land on the beach instead of bail out? How was he gliding with no fuel for hours, long enough to make sure everyone else got off the beach?

So neither of you saw the gigantic black metal pipe with a protruding part that he wanged his shit on did you? This wasn't a life alert commercial.

>nearby explosion rocked boat
>he fell and hit his head

Gee that was tough.

he's dead mate

He didn't just trip. He hit his head on a massive valve with an all-thread sticking out of it.

Will this last longer than fat ogre shit?

*dies*

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I

it was extremely painful

getting caught was part of his plan

>he's done kirked his head!

bravo nolan

You're rolling the dice with a water landing, earlier in the film you hear him saytheswell looks good enough for the other pilot to do a water landing. Even if the water was fine its still a big risk when theres a perfectly good beach nearby.

>Oh, he dun-kirked his head

Literally what did he mean by this

yeah but his death gave Cillian's character more depth

>he's dead, m8

Help! Help! He gone and bonged up 'is 'edd!

Maybe I was eating popcorn or talking to my gf or something. I legit didn't see that.

why was there a slightly retarded middle aged chinese man on the boat with them? seemed kinda out of place

>talking
>while watching a movie in the theater

Based George poster

HELP HELP

GEORGE HAS FALLEN

Is the boy alright?

>"the boy done kirked his head but he'll fine. Let my son go lock you back up in the room you crazy piece of shit"

Too low to safely bail out. And I'd take a landing on a long beach over chancing it with a parachute any day

>get him a cup of tea, and some biscuits to Dunk-irk! sorry I have hiccups

what difference would it have made if he'd bailed out or landed? he would still be on the beach on his own

besides, he was at too low an altitude for his parachute to work

God fucking damnit

> The boy? The boy he...
> *pivots, looks direct into the camera, leans forward, raising an eyebrow*
> he Dun-Kirk'ed his head
> *Harry Styles and Ed Sheeran are in the background nodding*

WeW

>what plane is that dad?
>a spi-
>"it's a new one" says Harry Styles from the back of the boat

This made me lei irl, posting to reddit

underrated post

Hey, quit stealing MY karma, you!

Haha, just kidding. The thing I LOVE about reddit is there is enough karma for everybody - no matter what you're into!

So check out reddit TODAY!

Also, he managed to take out a german plane while gliding when in all the other air engagements in the film he sucks at leading shots etc.
GG nolun

>he's shell shocked son
>he will never be the same again!
>I felt something similar after a sprayed mustard gas all over a platoon of filthy aryans, it was shocking but enjoyable as I watched them burn from the inside and their skin boil and explode from the chemical exposure.
>Now boys, off to dunkirk! God Save the King!

>gliding with no fuel for hours
>explicitly says one hour for air

You clearly missed the bit where the other kid visited the headmaster of school to point the boy out as a hero.
more proof Sup Forums doesn't even watch movies

kek

>When's the last time you saw one of the protagonists die from falling down some stairs? It happens all the time in real life but never in a film.

According to OH&S statistics from 2011, 27% of fatal falls on job sites were from 6' to 10'. It doesn't take much to kill a person. Just land wrong and you are done.

In Dunkirk as people pointed out he fell into a hard metal object on the way down the stairs.

On the topic of recreational boats, more people die on sailboats than skiing or almost any other sport including "dagerous" ones like football or boxing. 271 deaths and 871 serious injuries from sailboat incidents in one year in America alone. Recreational boating is actually quite dangerous and head injuries are very common. When organized as a competitive sport they all have to wear helmets now.

see:

Oh for fuck's sake

all the plebs who dislike Dunkino 100% watched a shitty cam rip because they cant attend the cinema alone for fear they shoot the place up

The beach was one week but we only saw like two, maybe three days

I'm guessing that, chronologically:
Day one - only beach stuff
Day two - beach, boat and plane
Days three, four, five, six - not shown beach evacuations
Day 7 - Brannagh decides to stay behind for the French

>How was he gliding with no fuel for hours
He wasn't gliding for hours. The film shows everything out of sequence so it only seemed longer. They showed his crash after they showed the successful evacuation, but really he crashed moments after downing the last German plane. He just landed too far down the beach behind german lines.

As for gliding time it was not unreasonable. During the actual battle one spitfire was damaged over Dunkirk and made it all the way back to Kent by gliding. That is over 80km.

...it spells it out so clearly for you at the beginning, how the fuck can you get so lost

The timelines converge, meaning that the boat and plane take place on the same day. Which day of the Beach week was it?

The little boats' evacuation took days, and we only saw their first day of the evacuation. since the final scene of the Beach timeline was the evacuation, it seems reasonable to suggest there was a jump in time where there were several unseen days of evacuations

The last day, we know this because we see Kenneth Branagh watching Tom Hardy gliding before he shoots the Stuka

But what about the scene after that where the soldier leaves and Brannagh stays behind. That was at least the next morning

Actually made me smirk even though I felt bad.