JSA Storytime: Foolkiller

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

LIVE A POEM

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/article/lemire-is-setting-up-a-massive-marvel-story-in-thanos
bleedingcool.com/2016/08/16/why-does-scott-snyder-doesnt-write-damian-wayne-much/
capelesscrusader.org/kccc-2016-interview-with-christopher-priest-on-his-return-to-comics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(you can finish the rest)

>she wants to make the sex

That third panel is funnier in light of the current state of Kurt's bed.

>I ask the question because when the teaser art was revealed with the announcement, there were many online hypothesizing that the glimmer of light in his eyes appears to be a reflection of Phoenix Force. Can you confirm or deny that's what we're seeing?

>No, I can't. [Laughs] Those are very interesting theories is all that I will say. I am glad that people are discussing it.
>What I will say is that I think the best genre stuff that I've done, like "Sweet Tooth" and "Descender," have had these huge canvases like "Thanos" will, but at the heart of it, it's very small, character-driven stories. That's how I want "Thanos" to be, too. It's his journey, but it's also the journey of Thane and Starfox and other characters, and their relationship with Thanos. But it also has a huge canvas and huge potential, so I want to try and balance it where you get a bit of both. Certainly, where it's going with some things that I am setting up in the first arc has the potential to be a massive, universe-shaking story. If I do my job right, you will get both: a deep character study of Thanos, and also setting up a massive Marvel story.

>and also setting up a massive Marvel story

comicbookresources.com/article/lemire-is-setting-up-a-massive-marvel-story-in-thanos

are you ready for a crossover/event with thanos right in time for the movie anons?
you know it'll happen

>you won't miss scrapin' the coating of grease off your face at bedtime
2real4me

Lemire did this blogpost about how he's doing all this shit at once, that had some other pros frankly aghast, but man is fucking organized and hardcore hard worker. I greatly respect the work ethic.

I got shit done today, I cried on and off and it rained all day.

Prepare for Infinity Wars

I completely forgot Lemire was doing a Thanos book

Can someone storytime the latest Injustice issue?

When does she start to say "daddy"

>Foolkiller as resident shrink for the Avengers, when

I'm sure this won't possibly lead to her discovering his secret.

gotta get past Doc Sampson first

Foolkiller and Doc Sampson together would be fun.

Oh sweet, are we getting an arc with The Magus again?

well, Doc's alive again, sooo

I know, right? I'd love to see it played by a writer who's done the research and presents them as two distinct schools of therapy

I hope Thanos brings his massive gun from CW2

Thanoscopter or bust, motherfuckers

>Welcome, caller. You're talking to Foolkiller, Doc Sampson and Moonstone on KACL...

You'd put Doc Samson out of the job!

Was it Lemire who did the edgy teen Thanos story?

Nope, Aaron.

yesssssss

...damn, this is more relevant than ever

oh god, this page. Cop Rock, heee.

meh

okay, that last panel is something I used to fantasize about

Did everyone see the mass tweeting Snyder did about the whole Robin thing? If not BC collected it pretty well
bleedingcool.com/2016/08/16/why-does-scott-snyder-doesnt-write-damian-wayne-much/

Also Priest talking about his "Abrams" Judas Contract

>Now once we move past issue 12 or so, then we’re doing a big crossover with the Titans book. And we’re doing a JJ Abrams-ing of “The Judas Contract.” The original storyline that launched Deathstroke and is like the definitive Teen Titans storyline from Marv (Wolfman) and George Perez. So, we’re kind of building a firewall around that story to say, “Yes, this absolutely happened.” We are not dismissing that or ret-conning that, but as JJ Abrams did with “Star Trek,” we are now telling our own alternate version of it because of the speed force, and was Wally there or was Wally not there, and where was Starfire, and was Terra really underage when Deathstroke slept with her? And all that other stuff. So Alex and Dan Abnett, the writer of “Titans,” they are working out all those details. In order for the Deathstroke book to function, I need to tell the definitive, at least post-Rebirth, version of Deathstroke’s origin. Which involves the at the time Teen Titans, so I need to know who was in, who was out, and all that other stuff. So that’ll be the first half of the year, we’re just rebuilding Deathstroke’s cast and establishing Deathstroke, so that’s 1-11. Issue 12 will begin the second arc where it’s retelling that classic story and basically retelling the Titans origin over in “Titans,” and retelling the Deathstroke origin over in Deathstroke. Dan and I are kind of collaborating on it.

Good luck to Abnett and Priest I say
capelesscrusader.org/kccc-2016-interview-with-christopher-priest-on-his-return-to-comics/

also they totally offered him Cyborg first, lol

>they offered him Cyborg first
lmao

But yeah I knew a rehashing was gonna happen, I was just hoping it would be later than sooner.

the Firestorm story is gonna be hard to top

that's always interesting for someone to be that open about their personal stuff writing

how are you owls tonight?

I howled laughing at that one

I like to imagine the week in-between the Cyborg and Deathstroke call it took all that time for Geoff to convince the higher up that a black writer doesn't have to write a black character

The Cyborg thing is not surprising but still hilarious. I like continuity shit like this so as long as it doesn't take over either book too much beyond this arc I say go for it in making it fit if you want.

>that Snyder damage control

Kurt really isn't all that sympathetic.

>how are you owls tonight?
I'm finally selling my stuff on eBay, and someone finally bought at the very least, the amiibo.

"Let's try again WITHOUT offering him a black dude book"

may your shit be the focus of a bidding war

There's a page missing here in the scans :(

so downtown is flash flooding, like it tends to

I'm hoping that to occur when I sell the Knightfall trades, or the classic Cassandra trades.
Or maybe in a few months, when I sell my Dugganpool hardcovers to finance the Omnibus.

noon cares
button lee noon

lol n00b

Finished my New Warriors storytime. Tonight I do Iron Fist/Wolverine and find out how much of Priest's Black Panther the other Anons want me to run.

The more I hear about Deathstroke the more interested I am

I wonder if they're going to leave Terra underage, since he brought it up

>the old year dressed as Grim Reaper

Oh god.

I'd buy every issue.

My internet has been chugging dick lately, and I can't figure out what is the culprit out of the multitude of possibilities and it's driving me nuts

fine, other than that

That IS a specter that hangs around that series. That and "why is Terra evil". I like the idea that Marv just made her so dog kickingly evil in the end because she started out as a satire on Kitty Pryde, but people loved her without getting the satire, so he had to keep making her more and more of a horrible person.

Priest seems very inclined to go for the sick and wrong components other people would shy away from, bless his heart

I know, right? Marvel has never properly exploited their clusters of characters that share various professions, like the lawyers or doctors.

Since they're going with the villain angle I assume she'll be underage by typical American standards but of age in most other countries/some states

I'd buy every floppy, by the trades, and weep bitter tears when we don't get a hardcover.

if they do keep terra irredeemably evil i hope they write it better than the original one

Trying to figure out whether or not I'm excited for Sugar & Spike & the Legion tomorrow.

What was she in NTT originally? 14?

>Priest seems very inclined to go for the sick and wrong components other people would shy away from, bless his heart
Yeah considering the Rebirth issue opened up with Slade abusing his kids I actually wouldn't be surprised if they leave Terra under 16

awww shit, it's OG silver age legion! I for one am hype

Oh god, I am

Give Bilquis Evely more work! She's a treasure! It's clean and expressive!

Getting shit together for school to start next week.

Also phone posting because fuck Comcast.

Oh man, I didn't expect so much outright blunt child abuse.

Yeah like others have said keeping her underage would match with the whole "this is a villain book" thing. But also I don't know if he brings it up like that in an interview at all if he's not slightly changing it somehow (like I could see 16-17 instead).

>Kurt takes out his white collar white guy frustrations on a ghetto neighbourhood with the 'purifcation gun'

book organizing, got what i want to sell set aside now vaguely organizing the rest

I have a far more libertarian than me friend, who every time he'd use the DMV as an example of why government was irredeemable shit and everything should be privatized, I'd look at him and go "Comcast", and he'd shut up.

I'm gonna come back later; phone is trash for posting and I'm watching the Olympics for now.

Anyways, hey OP. I've been enjoying this mini.

Her art is lovely, yeah.

I need to ditch some more books because I have floor-to-ceiling double-shelved IVAR

Doesn't deserve it, contender, probably doesn't deserve (despite my own family's ongoing issues with credit card companies bleeding us to die after a medical emergency), Fool, Fool, doesn't deserve it but could use a good headbutt, jerk but doesn't deserve to be ash.

This page is an amazing illustration of the real risk of the Vigilante in society.

I know right
When Priest said Slade's a shit person, he meant in all aspects lol
I can see them keeping the sleeping with Terra thing, though I do wonder how evil they'll make her

Originally her sleeping with him, wearing heavy makeup, and smoking were to emphasize how evil she is, but nowadays her sleeping with him would probably be emphasizing how evil HE is and making her more a victim to his influence or something

I didn't expect this to be as dark as it is.

HI user

I will occasionally ditch tonight to watch some track, it's true

Man, Kurt's still a dumbass. Guns on the table and he incinerates the unarmed woman with the mouth rather than the guy ALREADY REACHING FOR THEM.

The DMV at my hometown was actually pretty well-run and I never had problems there. That's more an argument for localized oversight and accountability as opposed to stratified bureacratic layers of management, but any person in industry will tell you the same goes for business as well.

I can see them settling on her being 16, that's the kind of age were the Ephebophilia/puberty attraction kicks in

we have a long, long ways down

Hah, yeah, that's an interesting case of "how do you pitch this to modern sensibilities to get the reaction you want"

don't fuck with NYC rats

I saw the damnedest thing the other day--it was a huge grackle chasing a mouse, which barely escaped into a drain

As long as you're not seeing grackleflints chasing mice.

I went to the library and saw they had some Rebirth floppies. WW 3 and Superdad 4. I don't go that often and I don't usually check the magazines but I didn't expect that.

They have drains in Texas?

huh, wow

there has to be somewhere for the water to go

Don't forget that it's not like he's on his 20's, where that can be considered more reasonable. He's minimum mid 40's. He's still a cradle-robber.

You mean it's not the heat goblins who steal all your cold?

I thought you just kept it in your hats. Ten gallons, right?

we flood a lot

Errr....

>1-900-PERVERT

I haven't seen this Trump ad before.

>Literally tumblr

:D :D :D

Kek.

In other words, it's about actually giving a fuck versus not giving a fuck

Gerber died before I really got into comics and this is my first exposure to him. What else did he do that I should read?

Ooh, Nick Spencer is fighting on Twitter again

(again)

Man Thing and Howard the Duck are the go-tos