It isn't the nonchalant murder, it isn't the thuglike additude, it isn't even the crappy detective skills...

It isn't the nonchalant murder, it isn't the thuglike additude, it isn't even the crappy detective skills. What ruins Batman in BvS is the fact that he decides to protect himself against a full on blast from Doomsday by PUTTING HIS HANDS UP.

He didnt even know Wonder Woman or Superman was there to save him. He just casually raises his arms as if he accepts this as his death.

THAT is why this Batman is awful.

>Doonsday breaks Batmobile
>"Oh Crap!

THAT is why this Batman is perfect.

>not muh batgod

the only thing he had to do was to eject from it

>It isn't the nonchalant murder, it isn't the thuglike additude, it isn't even the crappy detective skills.

Yes, it was.

Lets see you quickly unbuckle those straps after a plane crash. If anything the batgod luck was surviving that crash

>here, let me just take off my seat belt and hop out of my fuselage and maybe I can make a run for it from the mindless Kryptonian death machine with the destructive capacity to survive a point-blank nuclear explosion and shrug it off that is literally standing right in front of me

That is a pretty common reaction to something coming at you. People do it when they are hit by fucking cars.

Geez, it's like he reacted like any other human being would to being blasted with deadly face lasers.
The hell would you do?

>ITT: OP makes a fool out of himself

that shit can launch him
pretty sure just about every iteration of it shows him get thrusted out of that seat

All he had to do was what he is known for: be several steps ahead.

When he crashed, he should've been prepared for everything before he even got in that plane, that's one of the things Batman DOES.

He's not "any other human being" he's the goddamned Batman, there's supposed to be a reason he's become the stuff of legend, he doesn't do things a normal man does; he transcends most of humanity all the while still actually being just human.

He'll stare into oblivion and when it stares back, he won't even fucking blink, but he'll raise his arms in a feeble defense to an assault he knows he won't survive?

I'm sorry, but that soup don't serve, toss it.

>The hell would you do?

he's a tired old man cut him some slack

You wanted Batgod, that's okay.
We didn't, that's also okay.
Keep whining.

Fuck the elderly

That's a basic human reaction, anybody would have done the same, it's like people who try to cover their face with the palm of their hand from a bullet.

3/10 for making me reply

>trying to avoid incoming damage is Batgod

Stop speaking with memes

/thread

But Batman doesn't react to anything the way a normal person would. He doesn't cover his face with his hand when a thug aims a machinegun at him. He doesn't put his arms up when there's a car speeding towards him. Having him do it here looks retarded and makes him look suicidal.

So what you're all saying is that you'd all be fine with Batman dying onscreen by being blown away by Doomsday because he acted like a normal person, if WW didn't act soon enough to save him. You're all fine with that.

I disliked this movie and this interpretation of Batman but damn OP is autistic af

who said that?

this, oh my god this

but WW did save him so it doesn't matter, dont pretend like this kind of thing hasnt happened in the comics

OP, Doomsday was literally something Batman had never encountered before, or even was aware existed. Also he quickly rushed over to help. All his prep time was wasted on trying to kill Clark.

>react to unreactable death laser

user, WW has a magic bracelet that blocks that shit. Batman was shitting his pants because he didn't have prep-time.

Maybe it's the fact that the laser is lterally undodgeable? Doomsday looks at him and he's dead.

if he had enough time to hide behind his own arms
he had enough time to press a fucking button

No, it's those other things, too.

>you need prep-time to get out of a seat

why are batman haters so desperate?

Where is the anti-doomsday spray??

how do you know the bat plane even had an ejector? how do you know that if it did, it wasnt broken by the crash?

>how do you know the bat plane even had an ejector?
who the fuck would build a jet fighter without ejecting system
>how do you know that if it did, it wasnt broken by the crash?
then show him trying to activate it and the system not working and him going "oh crap", same result as a scene but it makes more sense

Who cares what I would do in this situation? I'm about as far from being Batman as a human male can possibly be.

The point is that Batman prepares and trains for every remote possibility, and beyond that has highly developed skills of improvisation. It had to occur to him at some point that he might face some foe who had some sort of death ray or even just an RPG. Batman would've had an option for escaping, shielding himself, or whatever.

OP's point is that they nerfed Batman horribly, perhaps so he'd seem to be in jeopardy and that would in turn make us care about him. The miscalculation here is that when you take away a fundamental part of Batman, Batman fans stop caring.

dumbass batfag fakefan, go back to hot topic and glean more about Batman from screenshots posted on Sup Forums and reddit or wiki summaries

Oh you mean the laser he literally dodges no more than 5 min later, give it up this was a stupid unbatman like action. This batman is supposed to be a weathered batman with YEARS of experience and he can't get out of this one? He's never prepared for a scenario where his car is immobilized and he needs to escape before they fire an rpg at him? He even handled that situation with no effort in the killing joke. This scene is a fucking joke and literally only there for batman to be a little bitch and to be a segway for wonder womans reveal, which they already gave away in the trailer so it was completely unneeded and made batman look like a submissive bitch.

"Oh a monster capable of destroying the city I've protected all my life is about to kill me? I might as well give up and let him annihilate me and everyone else"

why did you bump this stupid thread you stupid fuck

Because I saw it while browsing and I saw a stupid post. Pretty strange huh?

I have to agree, the scenes later where he stumbles around trying to not get killed and has pretty much stay away from everything do a better job at showing that he is out of his league around threats like Doomsday

but you are OP

I'm actually not, I've just woken up where I live. I'm just on browsing before heading to class

I don't believe you, sorry.

Anons actually not, I am. I made this thread before I slept last night and am now getting up to witness this marvelous trainwreck. I didnt realize it would cause so much asspain.

But my homie here is right and you're wrong so suck it

(You)

LIAR LIAR

I kinda botched this because I've never had someone question whether or not I'm OP. Does this prove it at all?

I know what you mean, I was like, why be on a team? Batgod should have soloed the whole movie. How dare they insinuate larger threats require teamwork, where someone has your back.

No.

How about y'all suck it

Aight then I've used enough energy on this

>be several steps ahead. Batman isn't always several steps ahead no matter how much you batgod wankers think he is. Read a fucking comic book once in a while, jfc.

He didn't know wonder woman was going to save him, he was ready to die. No one here is saying he should have gone solo.

>taking ten minutes to edit a phone screenshot on your computer

yes because having a quick way to get out of a cockpit in case of emergency is something so absurd it would be absurd to have it

>No Alfred, I want this plane to turn in a flying deathtrap if it ever gets hit

give up

this is getting embarrassing

user, it was a 3-second scene so they could introduce Wonder Woman as via deus ex machina. It's a pretty typical tool.

There are plenty of things to dislike about BvS, but dissecting all of these scenes for their deeper implications about "Not muh Batman!" is some new level of autism.

Alright you're just fuckin with me now, I get it. I'm gonna head off now. Have a chill wallpaper though dude

But how can I win this argument without "muh batgod" to fall back on.

Face it, the very next Batman scene he jumps under a piece of rubble like a kittycat scared of company coming over, and you're all saying you would have rather him put his arms up and be obliterated instead of take action.

Batman acts like a retard this ENTIRE movie and its fine, he does many things out of character, but the dumbest moment in the movie was this.

Its okay for Superman to stand there and try to tank hits, its not okay for Batman to. Its just as fucking stupid that they show Batman is bulletproof. If Batman is bulletproof then Superman being bulletproof means, thematically, jack shit.

My apologies. I wasted my image on when it was clearly meant for this one.

You just contradicted yourself like three times.

Get a grip phamily.

Are you saying an officer with a bullet proof vest is on par with supermans invincibility?

he got shot in the fucking head multiple times at point blank and he didn't even feel it

So you want him to be batgod but get mad when he's batgod?

Well he was groaning and yelling

how is reacting to danger in a better way than just standing there looking lost being batgod?

I don't even say he should have been able to get out of the plane but he should have at least tried instead of standing there and just watching shit happen, this is a guy that supposedly spent his entire life facing danger and possible death, is like if when the cop pointed the shotgun at him he would have reacted by covering his face in fear instead of doing something

>cops face 12 foot tall mutant abominaations
shut up retard

3 times? Point them out.

Also, its probably not me contradicting myself because I'm just stating whats happening in the movie, so its the movie contradicting itself.

Actually I hate Batgod. BTAS Batman is the only real version I care for. Contrary to your belief though, its possible to want to see a competent Batman without him going full Batgod.

I hated the Turrets set up for Superman, and swinging him on the rope, and the kryptonite gas. All that shit was fucking dumb. That was Batgod shit. But then they have a chance to show Bat-Competent, and he puts his arms up like a little girl, instead of doing one of any other maneuvers to save himself. Thats why I'm pointing it out. Why apparently if we're not getting Bat-God we get Bat-Dumb and thats STUPID and ruined him for me

I meant Batman you twat

>BTAS Batman is the only real version I care for.
dropped
BTAS is the i-dont-read-comics-but-act-like-the-authority-on-these-characters bible.

>General agreement is BvS was a complete cluster fuck from top to bottom, with the only redeeming factor being Batman
>user contrarians must now hate it

>General agreement is BvS was a complete cluster fuck from top to bottom
???

BvS was amazing.
There are more than a few people here that think this.
Still a minority, but a bigger one than you'd think.

>BvS was amazing.
How so? Please explain how it was amazing despite the poor character motivations, the plotholes, teaser trailers build into the film itself, the un-Lex like Lex, the Doomsday out of nowhere, the pointless dream scenes.

Fuck I can't be bothered to go on. How do you ignore all those things?

>Please explain
No. You have made up your mind. You win this Internet debate.
Now gloat.

>Debate
I'm not debating, I'm asking how you can ignore those things and consider the film 'amazing'. All these are objective facts, not opinions. The film is garbage, its poorly made, poorly written. That is a fact, in the same way its objective fact that Citizen Cane is a well made film.

I just want to know how you can ignore all the flaws and still like it, I'm not asking you convince me these flaws don't exist.

>All these are objective facts
>That is a fact
(You)

But they are. Take the Martha thing. They stop fighting because their mothers share the same name? That is objectively shit writing, it doesn't fit Batmans character at all. He wanted to kill Superman because he was worried about his power. How does him sharing his mothers name change that?

Shit writing. One example in a million in that turd, those are not opinions.

Still better than Civil War

>objectively
>not opinions
You and 'trying' are on different planets right now my man.

Shitty writing is objective, user. Just because you or I like something doesn't change that. Take another film as an example, The Room. The acting in that is objectively bad. You can like it, but nobody can rightfully claim the acting is good. Because it isn't.

BvS has shit writing, it has plotholes, the editing is also awful. This isn't a case of opinions its a fact. The opinion would be if you liked it or not.

Except his Batwing was fucking totaled. What makes you think that it was even responsive after the shit it went through? Think before you post, dummy.

then show him trying to get out instead of standing there waiting for death

People put their hands up when they're about to be shot. It's a normal human reaction. You are literally a moron.