What does Sup Forums think about the style of character-design that was present in a lot of late '90s/early-to-mid '00s...

What does Sup Forums think about the style of character-design that was present in a lot of late '90s/early-to-mid '00s cartoons?

Its good

Welp, time to rewatch billy and mandy.

It's a cheap imitation of 60's animation

>being cheaper than '60s animation
>implying this is possible

I think me meant the style. A lot of the characters in this era of cartoons have wardrobe and hairstyles similar to 60s and 70s

But why "cheap"?

>yfw the kids that grew up watching 60s animation
>are in their 30s when the 90s happened
Makes you think.

You mean the angluar style with thick outlines? Fine in moderation, but it really got overused in the 00s.

Some shows were really shit with the style, but some turned out pretty good.

Better than the shit we have now.

>*whipcrack

UPA style animation characters actually have defined forms before they are stylized and flattened. The 2000s trend of thick outline angular crap was a cheap bastardized copy of what cartoonists that were inspired by the style did during the 90s which was already a bit watered down. As a result the characters are just 2D shapes that cannot move in 3 dimensions and you have a hard time figuring out what is what.

That Panty & Stocking is a good example of this since it is even more inbred and already inspired by the bastardized 2000s style.

That Dope Pan Pizza is obsessed with thus stuff yet doesn't make a distinction between good and bad at all and just goes "Hurr muh thick lines". And as a result makes crappy inbred art.

all those ramifications can look great if done well tho, it´s my favourite kind of style, thick lines for life fucko

Bump.

It's sleek and stylish. I like it, though many seem to utterly hate it.

Modern cartoons suck.

The fuck happened to Teen Titans and Ppg?

Good shows dogshit "reboots"

People should stop lumping the entire 2000s together.

The difference is that 2000-2006 cartoons were awesome, while 2006-2009 sucked ass

I don't remember that much from Billy and Mandy since the last time i watched it i was a kid, but wasn't the art style meant to gross you out?

and Canada is still using this style

Does this nice guy gross you out?

Nobody in the thread is doing that.

>I love you Pud'n

Look at this nice lovable bunny user.

2010 is when they really fell but whatever user different strokes.

everything went to shit in 2007 for some stupid reason, not only cartoons, we still haven´t fully recovered but we´re almost there

Culturally we are worse nothing but giant pussies these days.

>I'm trans,female,gay, and racially unidentifiable.

>mfw I'll never have a son this loyal