>Out This Week:
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures - Episode 11
Poe Dameron #5

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

First for "Kanjehkloub"

Second for the legend has come back to life.

Master Skywalker, the thread was made too early, what are we going to do?

I'm imagining that guy as happy to be in Star Wars, happy to have a scene with Harrison Ford, and yet he'll forever be known as a meme. Poor bastard.

On page 10 now, we're solid.

>Just finished the clone wars series and loved it. Is star wars rebels worth watching?
It is a different animal in many respects. The funding took a hit, it's stuck on DisneyXD channel so they are hamstrung by how much violence they can get away with, and the stories flow is far more linear and in no way as arc driven as TCWs so it's harder to skip episodes even if many consider them as filler.

That's what he gets for bad acting

I really enjoyed watching TCW with this guide.

>it's not Perfect, leaves out "Ambush" and "Dooku Captured" episodes.

>weird Kamino arc has no story flow. Should be "Clone Cadets" then "Rookies" in Season 1. Basically fucks over CT Cutup in a cool way.

>Also should be "Evil Plans" then "Hostage Crisis" then "Hunt for Ziro" in the 3rd season as a Cad Bane Arc.

Lucas was the true villain in Star Wars all along.

It's not his fault. Not everyone can act opposite of CGI as last thread ably proved, and Han Solo in TFA was a green screen creation because it turns out that they accidentally killed Harrison Ford when the Falcon landed on him. They later tried to cover this fact up with his mysterious plane crash, but by then it wasn't necessary because the special effects team was able to make a Harrison Ford suit.

Long story short Anthony Daniels is now Harrison Ford, just as he always wished to be inside the man.

>That book was confirmed noncanon earlier by Pablo and Leland, contrary to Leland's statement at Celebration
They seem to disagree on that. Leland is still treating it as canon (barring anomalies here and there) while Pablo seems to prefer to avoid treating the book as strict canon.

Both do agree that the part about Sheev killing and then cloning the Death Star's designer and making him do it again isn't canon and shouldn't even be in there, though.

>Anthony Daniels dons a Harrison Ford mask and proclaims "Now I am Han Solo"

>Both do agree that the part about Sheev killing and then cloning the Death Star's designer and making him do it again isn't canon and shouldn't even be in there, though.
Wait, why not?

The thing that's wrong with this guide is that the only thing you get out of following it is the ability to tell other casuals that you've technically seen TCW. It's not like you'll be able to judge the series as a whole or talk about it with actual fans. The series gets a lot of praise for improving the prequels, but just following this thing doesn't give you that. You don't get to see the political turmoil that helps destroy the Republic. You don't get to see the further important characterization of people from the movies. So really you don't get that much out of watching it.

Of course, everybody here already knows that, but I felt like adding my 2 cents in

i fucking loved this in Clone Wars and im amazed no one considered doing it before.

It's too tied to Legends. The old story referred to a guy named Bevel Lemelisk who was the Death Star's main designer, but canon has already established that the Geonosians designed it. That and cloning in canon doesn't quite work that way.

I wonder how expensive this shot was.

Plus if there was a designer still around to blame, Sheev would've probably mentioned that when he chewed Vader out and told him he was the only one left to soak up all of his anger over the Death Star exploding.

>I don't feel that way. Both Vader and Sidious grew in power in the 20-25 years after RoTS. By RoTJ, Vader had achieved 8/10 (according to Lucas) of Sidious' power in that time. That, coupled with the likelihood that Vader is probably a better swordsman than either of them, to me, lends to the possibility that Vader could take Yoda.
Yoda had gone non-combatant by that point. Obi-Wan was suffering not just from age but his skills weren't be utilized living in as a hermit on Tatooine so he wasn't as good a combatant anymore.

It's nothing specific, of course, since we never saw Yoda fight in the OT (they had enough problems with that puppet as it was!) but overall he seems to have taken on a more sedate, spiritual connection to the Force. PT Era Yoda was tolerant of the Jedi feeling excited to be part of the war, but seems to have later considered that as part of the trap that made them lose their way. He certainly didn't have anything good to say to Luke about it.

I just don't get the sense that Yoda's combat skills had grown, even if his power with the Force had. Yoda at that point was probably more into the Cosmic Force and exploring new spirituality, but I'm not sure how much that would translate to utilizing the Force in a fight. Vader, unlike both him and Obi-Wan, had been fighting the entire time since the war.

I could very easily be wrong, of course, since there just isn't any actual evidence either way. Even Yoda deriding "adventure" could be more because he senses too much Anakin in Luke and he's worried he might be training a future Sith. Yoda in Rebels is much kinder to Ezra and still kind to Ahsoka. Which is interesting since Yoda struggled to convince Ezra that there were other ways to fight than direct combat. And it's possible that things may go up shit creek enough for Ezra that Yoda, who apparently is still able to watch these events from afar (can he do that outside the temple now that he's aware of them?) that it sours Yoda further.

>Imperial fags reign across the galaxy
What did he mean by this? He was talking about Sinjir Rath Velus, wasn't he? Maybe Moff Delian Mors.

The Empire promotes homoerotic behavior, something that was punished harshly in Onderon.

Didn't stop him from breaking Lux's cherry though.

Cloning can copy the skill potential of the original, but you are right in order to copy the memories, which MAY be possible, you'd have to have a copy of those memories.

The funny thing here is that wacky ol' Doctor Cylo, who was working for Sheev as far back as at least making the Vader suit, he has some kind of duplication process that allows his replacements to retain the knowledge of the last active copy. At least presumably? The newly activated Cylo is aware that Vader killed his predecessor, however is this because of a direct mind link that works even over FTL differences or is he just making the most probable guess? Either way he has no idea how Vader achieved it.

Damn. I KNOW Cylo mentions being aware of Vader, or rather 000 killing off an earlier Cylo, but I cannot remember the exact conversation and whether he remembered events of his previous death. I'll have to dig out my copy of the comic.

>Saw just calls every Imperial a fag
>"You've lost this battle, fag"
>"Watch out, you've got three fags behind you!"
>"I don't surrender to fags"
>"Nice helmet you giant asthmatic fag"

Canon

Sheev enjoys the smooooooth taste of Imperial Death Sticks. Just the right blend of dank and illicit spices for that added kick.

IIRC Cylo has a system that stores his memories in real-time and just uploads them via cybernetic link to the next host body. So he basically keeps his mind in cloud storage.

At least part of it is the fact that he is now activated, and the new body doesn't activate until the old one dies. But I suspect Cylo was maintaining a continuous back-up to a central server.

>That art style

I know I'm jerking myself here.

> I've watched TCW in full twice, plus the story reels of Utapau and Bad Batch.

So this guide gives you the more Action episodes and Bad Guy episodes.

This guide is for true Star Wars fans.

>jerk of sesh over

>>This guide is for true Star Wars fans.

I'm inclined to believe he has an FTL transmitter for constant updating of his memory backups. There's definitely cybernetics involved so it's far beyond average cloning, and even then Sheev would have needed to consider making a backup of the designer's brain.

Honestly Cylo is an interesting and somewhat troubling addition. You'd think Sheev could use that technology to create duplicates of troublesome senators (just as an example) with copies of their minds, suitable altered to make them perfectly obedient servants. Fortunately what Cylo is doing seems to be a series of really wacky experimental crazy that he mostly keeps to himself. Sheev just seems to give him an unlimited budget to see what he can come up with.

Don't start.

Had an entire thread derailed over a fucking PDF file.

It's probably more trouble than it's worth to implement on a larger scale.

Was that last thread? I didn't catch up with all of it. I remember we started out arguing over dinosaurs then ended arguing over acting.

We are really super bored most of the time. Thank goodness Rebels is starting back up soon.

Yeah, that and it's cheaper and easier just to stage "accidents".

Yeah, because the Cylos are controllable.

Considering Cylo is currently making the other replacement Cylos why would he implement some kind of control feature in himself? Yet as we see with Anakin he's obviously considered control features in his previous creations. Just not, you know, HIMSELF. That'd be silly.

Pretty sure is being sarcastic.

Shouldn't the population of Courascant be like tens of trillions?

It's.

Probably but it raises an interesting possibility that Cylo would have some means of ensuring the integrity of his copies. If one deviates too far, mind breaking down, he might have some feature that auto-terminates and awakens a replacement.

All theoretical, of course but still an interesting possibility. He can ensure the integrity of the copy prior to activation but if one starts breaking down after activation, well, that could threaten the memory backup. I wonder if he'd have multiple backups of his mind for just such cases. And of course we'd previous talking about the possibility that Cylo may not have all his copies in one place. He could have an extra Cylo hidden somewhere in the galaxy in case something happens to the (presumably) whale ship where the rest of the copies are stored.

Not that I think that would protect him from Vader.

I'd want to live there but at the same time it looks like it'd be ridiculously easy to get lost

I thought it was just one trillion.

I wouldn't. I don't find cities to be particularly great as a living environment. The top most level is probably expensive as shit, and the lower levels are the fucking ghetto.

And conduit worms.

So yeah. It's Naboo for me.

Naboo is probably pricey as hell, too. But you know, if you want to live near the water, I know a nice, cozy little place on Dagobah that was recently vacated...

Good choice, Naboo is picturesque

>Naboo is probably pricey as hell

Maybe in Theed. But there aught to be other inhabited parts (something close to a suburban area) that are probably cheaper. So long as I probably don't have some dick-ass Gungan landlord, I aught to be okay.

>But there aught to be other inhabited parts (something close to a suburban area) that are probably cheaper.
You know, there might be a way we can accomod-

>So long as I probably don't have some dick-ass Gungan landlord, I aught to be okay.
Er, uh, so about that place on Dagobah...

Personally, I'd rather take Bespin.

Air quality aside, the scenery is beautiful. No major incidents so far aside from rumors of some creeps tampering with the servo-lift mechanisms.

>So long as I probably don't have some dick-ass Gungan landlord, I aught to be okay
DISSEN TALK IS BEIN PROBLEMATEEK

I'd like a Kaminoan-designed base on a snowy, hostile world personally

>Er, uh, so about that place on Dagobah...

user, I've lived near a bog, okay. I'm not going to a planet that is a perpetual bog. Have you ever been around one of those? They smell of shit. Why would I want to go to an ENTIRE PLANET that's probably humid as all hell and reeks of every imaginable kind of interplanetary excrement?

If I had to live on a world that was probably considered a backwater no one gives a shit about planet, I'd probably pick Selucami. At least there I'd know I got good neighbors

>I'm not going to a planet that is a perpetual bog.
Oh come on it's not PERPETUAL bog, it has sunny days a few times a year, there's some dry areas, plus the hut belonged to a really famous person! Also did you know that living on Dagobah has proven effects on longevity thanks to the miracle of Force time dilation? Listen, try it for one month, I guarantee you'll love the place!

>Oh come on it's not PERPETUAL bog

Yes it is.

>it has sunny days a few times a year

That actually makes it worse.

>there's some dry areas

Not enough.

Dagobah is a no-go. I refuse to live in the ass-end of nowhere.

Okay, good luck getting financing for your suburban Naboo apartment and finding one in a neighborhood not infested with Gungans, I'll be right here when you change your mind.

>good luck getting financing for your suburban Naboo apartment

I'm sure there's any kind of regular work to be had there. I can also paint, sculpt and carve on the side. I think Naboo is a type of world that appreciates that kind of shit.

> in a neighborhood not infested with Gungans

So long as it ain't close to large bodies of water, I should be okay. Though I bet Gungans would be all into Dagobah since they like moisture. Maybe you should be selling to them instead?

What would Holonet Sup Forums be like?

I have two more 8 hour shifts till I finish my job
I need an audiobook /swco/
RECOMMEND ME ONE
Already listened to the majority of the canon ones

Where is this from?

>Though I bet Gungans would be all into Dagobah since they like moisture. Maybe you should be selling to them instead?
Everyone knows Gungans ain't got no money

Just rewatched TCW episode Bounty. Why are the episodes with the Bounty Hunters so good? Why are the episodes with the Maul brothers so good. Why was this show so good? Is Revels close the TCW in terms of fight scenes

It's always fun to see parts of TCW outside of the ongoing conflict itself (no war, no Jedi, etc). Full, hearty no to Rebels. They don't have the money for cool fight scenes.

Goddamnit. Be honest, is it at least enjoyable to watch?

It's dumbed down (partially due to lack of budget and because it's on Disney XD) but it is still enjoyable after a while. You just have to get used to the art, story and dialogue.

Yes. It has a different tone, and the general level of violence is less, but the show itself is still an enjoyable Star Wars experience.

And Season 2 was better than Season 1, so hopefully that trend continues.

>I know I'm a bit late with this, but my sadness is profound and no words seemed adequate to convey what we collectively and I personally have lost with the passing of my dear friend Kenny Baker. Kenny and I became fast friends the first time we met and formed a lifelong bond after realizing that we had so much in common. Although people liked to contrast the difference in our heights, we found we shared many of the same struggles, from finding clothes, driving cars, and fitting in airplane seats to health issues and the ever constant stares of strangers; we understood each other on a level that few others can. I am so very glad I got to spend time with him in London earlier this month. His talent and his wicked sense of humor never diminished even as his health did. Ever the showman, Kenny was always eager to meet his fans. In the decades we knew each other, I never met anyone who enjoyed the public more. For all the joy he brought this world on screen and off I give my thanks, and a final farewell to my little friend with the giant heart who's gone to soon. Rest in Peace Kenny.

The production is much cheaper then the Clone Wars, but in terms of writing it's actually pretty similar. The first season is pretty weak outside of a few standouts, the second season is an all around dramatic improvement, and the third season is looking to be increasingly dark and complex.

About the same curve TCW followed, really.

Finish the rest of the canon ones.

But that means listening to aftermath...

Aftermath is slightly less awful in audiobook form I'm told.

Do you guys ever think about what people will say about you when you die?

I assume you haven't actually read any of it yet, in which case stop fucking parroting what everyone else says about Aftermath and form your own opinion.

They should've renamed Naboo, Alderaan so I 'd feel worse knowing all of that was blown away.

>don't_talk_to_me_or_my_son_ever_again.jpg

But he's right, it is awful

Does anyone have The Clone Wars recommendation guide?

Here you are

Thank you for not giving me the shit one

You're welcome! I've been trying ro help disperse this new guide and weed out the old guide

Think of a Star Wars character.

Explain how they became Snoke.

Rex

Because Pablo said so

Logray as a recanonization of that stupid shit in Legends where he became crazy and evil for no raisin and got banned from the Ewok tribe and stricken from their history. Weird dark magic shit made him tall and bald.

Boba Fett

Well, he did survive the Sarlacc...

Contrary to orders, he was secretly given an injection of synthetic midichorians prior to his creation at the hands of the Kaminoans. This genetic defect lay dormant and undetectable until his adulthood, when the trauma and shock from his humiliating defeat over the Great Pit of Carkoon triggered a pseudo-awakening. In a blast of force will, he manages to escape his fate, but is left consumed with a renewed vengeance towards the Jedi along with the Solo bloodline. His identity too well known for him to operate in the open, he instead chooses to bide his time; waiting for events to unfold while he continues to develop his own latent force abilities, eventually becoming a force sensitive with the skills of an expert tracker. Once his skills are at a proficient level, he uses his influence to worm his way into the position of Supreme Leader of the First Order. Soon after, he manipulates Kylo Ren, Han Solo's son and prized pupil of Luke Skywalker, into massacring the New Jedi Order and joining him in a two-fold mission: To hunt and execute Skywalker, and to bring about the collapse of the New Republic that Han Solo played a hand in creating.

....and christ, it's hard working with Fett without making it come off as bad, middle school tier fanfiction

After going home and rethinking his life, Elan Sleazebaggano devoted his new life to becoming a scholar. Unfortunately for him, his studies led him further into the realm of dark side mythology. Soon, he found himself hunting down ancient sith artifacts and teachings, ect.

>Well, he did survive the Sarlacc...

Actually, we don't really know that for sure. Yes, Jawas dissected the Sarlacc. But considering it keeps it's prey alive while it digests them (it'd have to in order to digest them for a millennium), forcefully separating the prey from the Sarlacc could potentially kill them. Or not.

>he was secretly given an injection of synthetic midichorians

Midichlorians don't give force sensitivity. They're attracted to the force. The greater the concentration means the more it attracts. That's why they can measure a life-form's sensitivity/potential to the force.

If you wanted him to be force sensitive, he'd have to be spliced with someone/thing that is sensitive to the force.

>and christ, it's hard working with Fett without making it come off as bad, middle school tier fanfiction

Boba and middle school tier fanfiction kinda go hand in hand. That's probably why Lucasfilm makes him jobb whenever possible. Better Boba be a joke than a cringe inducer.

>Shit, now who is going to update the Canon guide?

First few episodes of clone wars are kind of slow, hard to get into. Rebels got me hooked pretty quickly. Idk if it's the established characters in clones making it harder to get into or what. Are there episodes I can skip or a specific episode I can jump to for clone wars? Was recommended to watch Clone before rebels but I finished rebels season 1.

Haven't seen TCW yet but Rebels wss somewhat violent with all the storm trooper deaths. A lot of them were just right in your face.

What are the star wars canon audio books? I've been looking for some audio books for awhile but hardly ever find anything of interest

>Midichlorians don't give force sensitivity. They're attracted to the force. The greater the concentration means the more it attracts. That's why they can measure a life-form's sensitivity/potential to the force.

I don't think this is strictly speaking canon anymore. All we know for sure is that Force Sensitives have a higher degree of Living Force in them (from when Talzin was having her cult harvest it from people). No mention of Midi-Chlorians.

We know for certain is that Anakin and Yoda have an impressively huge count, but Yoda is a very long lived species in addition to his Force powers and Anakin is believed to be a creation of the Force by Qui-Gon. Logically Anakin would have a higher count if they were his daddy. But just having Midi-Chlorians wasn't proof for the Jedi Council who still gave Anakin a variety of tests.

Of course it's still possible that they provide Force energies since they were originally inspired by mitochondria (the "powerhouses" of cells) as per the last Yoda arc they merely provide a conduit for the energies of the Cosmic Force (and as per Qui-Gon they tell people the will of the Force) and when you die they pull the life energies from your body back into the Cosmic Force, which prefers to recycle.

I just don't know if we have enough information. Do any of the new canon source books touch on this subject?

Secret leak from Episode VIII, Kylo Ren is Han Solo now.

bumping with more horrible art