Where does Hush rank among Batman's Rogue Gallery?

Where does Hush rank among Batman's Rogue Gallery?

Im going to say C lister with a case of one hit wonder syndrome.

Definitely top 50. Definitely not top 10.

He has a lot of potential in the greater DCU if you ask me, but he's already done to the best he possibly could as a Batman villain.

Yeah, Hush/Heart of Hush were great but I don't think I ever need to read about him again.

Not very high. Has anyone really used him in the comics after his initial story even? I don't even know if he's canon now.

His original story arc sucked. It was majorly hyped and a big disappointment and paved the road for the return of a shitty character.

But Paul Dini and someone writing Gotham Knights did redeem him, showing that when done well he can be pretty awesome.

He was in Batman Eternal I think, god that book sucked.

He fought a war with the Joker.
He took Catwoman's heart out of her body.
He made the second Ventriloquist (before he was even Hush).
He had plastic surgery so that he would look exactly like Bruce Wayne, squandered millions of Bruce Wayne's cash.
Then got his face cut off by John Doe.
Back in Arkham, no one would believe him about Bruce Wayne being Batman.

I have a theory that he's Abuse's father, too.

It was a thrilling ride.

Down below Crazy Quilt and Condiment King. At least those two are amusing.

They redid his origin in Eternal. His new origin has him becoming obsessed with Bruce Wayne and changing his face because Bruce was cool and popular in high school. I wish I was joking.

He's in the second stringers, he's not going to get a movie credit but if DC killed him off fans would complain.
Think Mad Hatter, Scarface, or Black mask, there's an ambiance to these characters that make Gotham City more complete, Hush fits right in.
Joke characters (The Globe), forgotten villains (Dr.Death), and knock-offs (Emperor Penguin) all have the aura of expendability and fade away soon enough, he's close but not quite there because of how disturbing the concept is he's a stalker who can and has become Bruce Wayne through insane and painful extremes despite there being no known justifiable reason.
He's going to be remembered.
Gotham is a screwey place because of freaks like him.

Killer Croc/Joker

Why is he such a shit character?

Because he's donut steel. He was Bruce's total BFF when they were kids and he's just as strong and rich as bruce is except he's glad his parents died and he's so smart he figured out Batman's identity.

Mfw "Hush" is no longer cannon. I was going to buy the trade but I guess I won't now.

He'll be brought back in a few weeks anyway.

You're saving money

Didn't they remove the childhood friend part?

Who cares about canon? Unless the story you're reading directly contradicts itself then what's the issue?

No Eternal still kept them as childhood friends. Eternal Tommy just went crazy, copying Bruce and telling other people that he was him, for no real reason.

>Hush goes through Bruce's files and finds out the secret identities of the League
>instead of destroying them, he just pretends to be them to the confusion of the League

So if Hush just another "Evil version of Batman" like Deadshot and Black Mask?

So glad I didn't finish that book

more like evil version o Bruce Wayne

>DC Entertainment planning meeting

>So you guys we really like the way these games are going now

>great

>yeah, great, they're looking great, you're using the mythos really well, the kids are just eating up the button mash playstyle

>we love it

>we do, but, you know what was popular? Bane was popular, do you think you could have, say, Hush wear Bane's coat and pose like him in the game?

>your bonuses do depend on it

>thanks guys, love your work, again, really happy

>just needs more big guys in coats

>that's right, never ever let them pass you by, those are golden opportunities

fuck snyder so much, i hope dini shits on his desk

If I take your bandages off will you die?