Wtf i love Priest now

wtf i love Priest now

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/25496-priest-looks-back-at-black-panther.html
www36.zippyshare.com/v/KC5pFNjM/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah Priest is pretty great, and he wrote a good first issue of Deathstroke. This 2 a month or 1 a month?

2 a month

2 a month.

2 a month..

I love the fact that he's a product of Marvel editorial shortcomings

Imagine the vast influx of butthurt writers joining DC so they can use actually good characters for a change

you didn't love priest before? his BP run is classic and his time on Power Fist isn't too shabby either. also The Crew and Quantum and Woody are great

they're literally rehashing NTT already so wtf i hate priest now

>I love the fact that he's a product of Marvel editorial shortcomings
How so?

Reminder Priest was offered to write Firestorm and turned it down after learning they changed him to a black guy, and DC offered him Cyborg before offering Deathstroke a week later.

I have no idea why people keep acting like it's just Marvel that kept offering Priest only black characters when he's made it pretty clear DC was just as guilty of that shit.

You didn't love him before?

>muh black lives
dropped a few pages in

They're both guilty, but DC eventually learned.

They offered him Cyborg just a few months ago

to be fair they offered him Deathstroke before he hung up the phone, so they did SOMETHING right

The only Rebirth titles I'm following are this and King's Batman and I would gladly change them both to monthly for better art.

Is this true across the board for the Rebirth? Is any good art happening?

I want to fuck Slade now

Green Arrow, both artists

They learned and then offered him Deathstroke. It's not hard to keep track of the timeline here.

I was unimpressed by this issue. but it was just one issue so I will give it a couple more before calling it off

I like both WW artists but the story is slow. Nightwing looks fine.

Art was always going to be the weak point of the double shipping titles though. The monthly books have mostly been better. New Super-Man, Batgirl, Superwoman, Trinity, Blue Beetle, Supergirl off the top of my head have good artists.

Marvel turned him into a "Black writer." It's not as if he hates Marvel, just that Marvel isn't interested in giving him the characters he'd want to write.

Deathsroke art is still better than Batman.

As said above, DC was just a guilty of that shit until Deathstroke.

A week later, not before he hung up.

>CP: Deathstroke! What happened was, and I wasn’t going to tell the story, but Dan DiDio, the publisher of DC, he told the story to the press. So thank you Dan, so I’ll tell the story too (laughs)! DC called me up and offered me Cyborg. And I gave them the speech. Blah, de-blah, d-blah, everything I just said. Thank you, I thought that was that, see you in 18 months. Then the next week I got a call back from DC and they said, “Well, what do you think about Deathstroke?” And I said, “Give me a minute. Oh, you mean the bad guy from the Teen Titans?” They said yeah. “Is he black?” (laughs) Because they’ve been changing the characters so much, some of the characters are black now. They said, “No, no, no, he’s still a white guy.” And I said, “Okay, I’m listening, keep going.” I gave it some thought.

Definitely but Marvel was the one to start that trend. After BP he was supposed to get Captain America (he was supposed to get Captain America even before Black Panther) but Marvel just wanted him to continue writing black characters, they offered him Sam. That's when I think he fucked off.

How fucking hard is that memorize a single fucking anecdote he's been telling for 10 years? I fucking HATE your idiot ass

He was never "supposed to" get a Captain America book, he "thought" he's "going to" get a Captain America book after Captain America & Falcon (a title he "was" writing) was canned in favor of Brubaker's relaunch. He only learned why the book got cancelled and who's getting the new one wen they offered him Falcon solo

Fucking retard you may acid yourself now.

Can we talk about Priest and his works and this great first issue and not be company war shit heads that whine and cry and tell each other how our company is less racist than your company?

So yeah I have the first volume of Priest's Black Panther. I really liked what he did to sell T'Challa and his cast but I'm not really feeling the main Wakanda plotline should I get the next volume?

It's shit and doesn't compare to Identity Crisis

He was never going to write Black Panther in the first place you retard. He only got that book as a consolation, he was going to write Captain America. Marvel said no and handed him BP. He didn't even like the character. Bleach yourself faggot.

Fuck I'm in the mood for some Titans now.

Is there still a Sup Forums folder for easy downloads? Has the New Teen Titans series come out in digital yet? I just realized mine are scans and a lot of them look pretty blasted.

I want to think this is typical Sup Forums satire, but I've seen enough people genuinely praise Identity Crisis that I'm going to have to at least cite Poe's law on this one.

I love the reason why he's named priest

The bizarre thing to me was how that came out of nowhere. Has Slade wank always been a thing because that was the first I saw?

why's he named priest?

I thought it was a "None yer business, ask my ex-wife, talk to me again and I'll smash your face" kind of mystery.

If it was, I can't think of any major examples. He was always pretty popular, but was shown to really need to push himself to keep up the Titans.

Nah, Paul dini talks about it on Fatman on Batman. He used to be named Christopher Owsley, but he told his wife if she ever left him he'd become a priest

I should add that he is an ordained Baptist minister

Why is he so anti black character? Is he an Uncle Tom?

Too bad he'll crossover with Titans.

Because he does not sanction your racism.

He doesn't want to be pidgeon holed as THAT guy who writes black characters. It's basically most of his career in the latter end @ Marvel.

I don't think this is true. I'm a nobody to him

It's because he was only getting offered black characters. He wanted to write other ones but kept getting told they were taken already but apparently all the black characters were the only ones available for him.

He isn't, he just don't want to only write black character.

Just before leaving Marvel Priest wanted to write a book called the Crew, which would feature Quicksilver as the main character. He wanted it to be about a group of Marvel anti-heroes working together.

Marvel wouldn't allow it. They wouldn't let him use any white characters in the book. It got to the point he had to fill a slot with Falcon. And the Crew was a mess of compromised editorial decisions, as a result it was the last cape book he did at Marvel.

That's a load of utter shit. Priest mentions nothing about him getting Captain America here. Hell, he thought he was being asked to take over Daredevil before he found out it was Black Panther.

newsarama.com/25496-priest-looks-back-at-black-panther.html

>Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti inked a deal with Marvel to launch their own imprint, called Marvel Knights. I’d heard they were taking over Daredevil, and was very excited when the phone rang. I love Daredevil and had always wanted a shot at (the character). When they said “Black Panther,” my heart kind of sank.

Please check your facts before making shit up.

>mfw Firestorm is already white again

Priest's entire run is great. Especially once Kirby era Panther starts appearing in it later on.

I thought the art in Deathstroke was fine, and Batman has been some of Finch's best work

both of the Green Arrow artists are stellar, and HJ&GLC is pretty decent (well, Sandoval is pretty good, opinion varies on EVS)

>Christopher Owsley
James Owsley, iirc

dead serious

Marvel went full SJW (and censored one of his jokes for the DP annual because it might offend black people, lol) for Priest and DC offered a non black character so he took it.

DC also offered them a black one before the white one

It's this but he's also got some views on race most wouldn't expect. In his commentary in one of the BP trades he basically says he can't blame white readers for not being able to relate to black characters, so he wrote BP accordingly

Deathstroke - Rebirth 001 (2016) (digital) (Oroboros-DCP)
www36.zippyshare.com/v/KC5pFNjM/file.html

and now they turned david walker into that

>and censored one of his jokes for the DP annual because it might offend black people, lol

didn't hear about this, what was the joke?

Walker's writing Hawkeye though.

You didn't hear about it because it didn't happen

Had this appeared in Johns' Lantern run you all would think it was awesome

Can a nigga get a storytime?

Actually, Firestorm is going to be a shared role between Ronnie and Jason for arguably the foreseeable future. They both bring something special to the table, and I wouldn't want to see either gone.

If you've never read anything BP before, you have to keep in mind that T'challa is a king first, a superhero second. His comics, at least the good ones, are more about the associated politics and culture of Wakanda and how they come into conflict with everyone else.

>now
You didn't love him before?

No I get my politics from Sup Forums so I'm a pretty huge racist desu senpai

I usually just spam WE WUZ in every Priest thread kek

this is pretty good. When's the next issue out?

next week

STORYTIME?

viewcomic

A guy with a sword being capable of handling a guy who can contain supernovas can hardly be awesome, no matter the writer.