Why United Statians call themselves "Americans"? Do they even know what a continent is? Stop acting like retards

Why United Statians call themselves "Americans"? Do they even know what a continent is? Stop acting like retards.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_United_States_citizens#International_use
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

America is the name of a whole continent. United States of America means that the United States belongs to America and NOT that America belongs to the United States. So, next time you want to refer to The United States of America, you can do it as U.S. or the States or whatever you want but not as only America.

So I can't call myself European then?

>Why United Statians call themselves "Americans"? Do they even know what a continent is? Stop acting like retards.

The British call us Americans. That's where the name came from. Take it up with the limey faggots over there

Why do you call yourselves Chile? That's the name of a pepper. Do you think you are all peppers>>>>???

>be chile
>a fucking pepper
>not chilly at all

You are not making any sense, a Texan could call himself a United Statian anytime.

Why do Chilepeppers call themselves Chileans?

They're not even cold.

Because we discovered and named the continent before we realised there were a bunch of savages hiding in the jungles to the south who would take offence at such a thing.

Once we housebroke them with our Spaniard brothers, of course.

Jesus Christ, why are non-whites allowed on this board.
>united statians

Because in 1492, Amerigo Vespucci sailed the ocean blue.

Eat shit, SOUTH American. And while you're at it make more bananas or we'll coup you again.

its because people actually know our country exists unlike chile.... how do you feel more people know about than your country?

>stop acting like retards
>how do you feel more people know about than your country

>Why United Statians call themselves "Americans"?

Why do the British call themselves Europeans?

Figure it out retard!

USA should have been named 'Columbia' desu

Also give Texas its flag back, you thieving beaner.

>HURRR OOOGA BOOOGA IMMA AMERICUNT

how do you even have internet in your second world shithole, you should be happy we invented internet.

Because we're so free we can call ourselves whatever we want

The root word of Vespucci is vespa, meaning wasp.
Americans = WASPs
See how that works?

America = USA
USA = America
Leaf/Mex/USA= North America
The rest = South America
Deal with it.

Chile is Nordic
Wtf I love Chile now

>gag.com

I think you're lost spic

STFU butt flustered wanna be Texan flag.

Here's 2 slices of pizza you'll never eat.

>America
>Continent
RETARD

what does British Columbia mean anyways?

Becausz united statesians sounds retarded.

Manifest destiny. Why the fuck are you not a state yet? We are America and you are a fucking rebellion.

i know that nova scotia is new scotland

Go back to school, James.

its a cool name. Not anymore since spic shave it though

>a whole continent

Cant even count. Typical.

No you haven't. It's a German priest who took the name of an italian explorer to name the continent.

Because if you were to refer to us as states, i would be a Carolinian, and my wife is a Texan.

Which united stations are you talking about? There are two kinds in North America

Columbia is the female personification of the US. If you were writing a poem about America you might refer to it as Columbia. That's why British Columbia - that land between Alaska and Washington was named British Columbia as in British America.

Because there isn't such a way to reffer that they are from United States of America other than calling themselves americans. Now go back to thinking your country is european faggot.

We are the entirety of North and South America

The thing is, what is your bitch ass going to do to stop us? We could officially change the name of chili to spic Texas and you couldn't do a thing

It means "New China".

cool thanks alot

america is on the name of their country
United States of AMERICA
and they are called americans

in the same way
the complete name of brazil is
Federative Republic of BRAZIL
and we are called brazilians

Why do savages in the Republic of Chile call themselves Chileans and not Republicans?

Hide leftist cartografist rant threat.

I'm 5'7" and 210 pounds. I bench 380 and can kick anyone on Sup Forums's ass.

>says the united statian cocklover

Amaruca means Land of the Plumed Serpent.

(redpill)

holy fuck what happened to that thread

Whoa there sport, a little manlet like you shouldn't be using those big words or you might get hurt.

Is it cold where you are?

>murrika wat is map

I can see the yellow, black, and red rings, considering the colors of the native inhabitants. But why in the fuck is Europe blue and Australia green? Blue maybe because Europe built large maritime empires sustained by blue water navies. But green? Nothing in Australia is green.

No wonder not even South American Monkeys don't like Chileans. Fucking Chilly.

>5'7

who's that cum plum, Texas?

Shut up, Ahmed, you don't even know what you're talking about.

nice meme

>el araucANO talking shit to the masters again
I am sorry.

Why do the shitskins always get the most butthurt about this? Seriously, I never hear a leaf bitch about this shit.

It's called envy and jealosy.

>we invented internet
>we

What do you do apart from sitting on your fatass posting in an anime board?

Heads up its another SLIDE thread

I've asked myself this my whole life and even tried to correct myself if I said american, but its widely accepted and people know what I mean when I say it. So I say it.

No point in being so technical when its not a big deal.

NEXT

7 continents m8, get it right

Nigger, what the fuck is a United Statian? Statian isn't even a word or a demonym for that matter.

>United Statians
Why do sudaca retards always say this? Look up the definition for "demonym." American is the demonym used to describe us.

If you consider America one continent, then you must consider Afro-Eurasia one continent.

Because leafs have other things to make fun of you for.

translation and definition "United Statian", Dictionary English-English online

-Pertaining to the United States.

-A citizen or inhabitant of the United States.

CHILE ES UN PAIS RATERO, CHILE ES UN PUEBLO HEREDERO DE UN MESTIZAJE MALIGNO, CON INCLINACIONES PARA LA TRAICION, LA PELEA SUCIA, LA GUERRA DESIGUAL, SEMBRAR LA ENEMISTAD, DEBIDO A QUE NACEN ARRINCONADOS EN UNA TIERRA ESTERIL QUE DIFICILMENTE LES BRINDA EL SUSTENTO A SU POBLACION, POR ESO, EL CHILENO BUSCA ROBAR A SUS VECINOS DESDE SU FUNDACIÓN, POR ESO EXISTE TANTO CHILENO RATERO, ADEMAS DE CHILENOS RACISTAS, YA QUE, ASI COMO POSEEN UNA TIERRA VERGONZOSAMENTE PEQUEÑA, TAMBIEN POSEEN PROFUNDOS COMPLEJOS DE INFERIORIDAD DEBIDO A QUE NO POSEEN UNA RAZA QUE LOS IDENTIFIQUE, Y BUSCARAN PARECERSE A SUS AMOS BLANCOS, ASI TODO CHILENOS SEA SOLO UN TRISTE MESTIZO DEL DESIERTO

>self posts for 5 minutes to himself
It's another "Chili wants attention/to be roasted" episode

Hi, Chili. You're right, the 50 states are silly and you are clever for pointing out our linguistic ideosyncracies. Have a (you)

>there is no country named "China"
There is however a country named "the peoples republic of China"
If you ever called it China, you're wrong.
>there is no country try named "Australia"
There is however a country named "the commonwealth of Australia"
>there is no country named Belgium
>there is no country named Russia
>there is no country named UK, or great britian.

Virtually every country has a full name.
And you're an idiot.

>El PeruANO

Only people I've ever heard use that term are South continent peasants.

BTW, there is no country try named "Chile"
There is however a country named "republic of Chile"

Too bad that's not used in the relevant parts of the world.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_United_States_citizens#International_use

If it really rustles your jimmies so badly just fucking call us yankees or cowboys.

Because in the anglophone world, we call it north and South America, therefore in the anglophone world, you are a South American, not just an American.

People of the USA are the only ones with the title of just "Americans" in English speaking countries, due to us seeing "the Americas" as separate continents.

In the Hispanic world, the Americas are one continent, so in the Spanish speaking world we are not Americans, but United statians. That's how it will continue to be, neither of us are right, just different.

Gonna need a credible source on that, I can't find anything on the subject, aside from some people on Yahoo Answers talking about it.

>mfw no one says a thing about this

You can call yourselves whatever you want. We call ourselves Americans.

Triggered much?

united states of america.....
america...
americans....

>zomg the US has black women
>zomg black people are good at black people sports
>zomg kenyans run fast

Are you feeling a bit special today?

How about United Stasians? 'cause Native Americans and Asians are distant cousins

BECAUSE THE NAME OF THE COUNTRY IS UNITED STATES OF AMERICA YOU DUMB MONKEY
STOP FILLING YOUR ARETERIES WITH MAYONESE YOU FAT FUCK SHITSKIN

Because there's only one America that matters

Because we do whatever we want. Plus all the shit skins down south hate it so it makes even more funny.

Proud to be an American, stay jelly closet fags.

But North and South America are in fact two separate continents

You cant say the us is only part American, its either america or its not.

Brazilian education system, ladies and gentlemen.

Only shitskins teach there is a continent called "America".

Not even kidding, in the anglosphere and all major first-world countries we teach "The Americas" a continent made up of the 2 subcontinents of North America and South America. There is no "America" landmass. America is used solely as a shorthand for "The United States of America".

That's actually the word in spanish. People from Estados Unidos are called Estadunidenses, not Americanos.

>BECAUSE THE NAME OF THE COUNTRY IS UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
I've never met a Brazilian capable of logical thinking. Stay dumb, niggers.

Spanish also pluralizes the abbreviation by calling it EEUU.

I guess that turned out to be a good idea or else it would be confused with EU.

((((((((United Statians))))))))

It's not their fault... Actually, it is.

Stay strong chi chi chi le le le.

You know why "Americans" call themselves such? Because the rest of the continent doesn't even fucking count.

I'll admit, it's also a pet peeve of mine (using the words "American" or "America"). But to be completely honest with you, OP, the rest of the continent of completely fucking irrelevant; and I'm certain the other don't mind basking in the great shade of awesomeness we cast over them. In this sense, "American" as a word to describe the denizens that populate the "United States" is a perfectly acceptable term.