Can we get a thread for sci fi/space recommendations?

Can we get a thread for sci fi/space recommendations?

I've read Prophet, Black Science, Tokyo Ghost, Manifest Destiny, and Starlight. Recommend them all.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/765214231717302273
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm glad Prophet did so well, based on what Liefled said about the sales for the trades deluxe hardcovers should be a given

twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/765214231717302273

Dani Futuro
Is very Mellow, very 70's but sadly not in english.

Shit, forgot my picture

I want them to do an omni

>sadly not in english.
Bummer. It's cool seeing so many Euro comics being available in English, some for the first time. from different publishers right now

I'd be fine with two collections the size of the Glory one, one would have to be bigger since there are 5 trades

Twilight by Howard Chaykin is a pretty great series.

If you're looking for something with a bit of old school indie charm.

Saga might be a meme now, but damn if those first two volumes aren't top shit

Garcia-Lopez is a treasure.

I cant say I remember or followed a single fucking story Phillipe Druillet did... but good god holy DAMN that dude could draw some mind-blowing shit.

If you can even Find a copy of GAIL or his rendition of Salaambo, fucking poucne on that shit. The only bits I got are pieced together from a bunch of old ass Heavy Metals my dad gave me.

I own physical first print physical copies of Twilight and boy is it gorgeous.

I'm hunting them down, I do have Cinder and Ashe thoough

This looks pretty neat from the art style but idk about the writing. How is it?

I thought it was serviceable enough, and the main characters feel distinct from each other and have good chemistry. The universe feels lived in, without the writer getting bogged down with world building. All in all, it's not a difficult read.

The thing that stands out the most about the Metabarons is that it's the brainchild of Alejandro Jodorowski... so it pretty much reads like the insane ramblings of someone who tried to make a Movie about dune because it matched up with a random ass dream he had one night.

jodorowski is a fucking fascist to the core of bad meaning of this term. i never liked the metabarons. bizare mixture of jewish messiah and fascist ideology. i can understand that some kids read it in a hope that some mysterious gay rapist will stop the bullies in their school. but when i hear that some adult does it i usually call psychiatrist and write report to the FBI.

>sci fi/space
>Manifest Destiny

Alien Legion
Fear Agent
Planetoid
Fletcher Hanks/lots of golden/silver age stuff
Sweet Tooth

Manifest Destiny is most definitely sci fi mate.

Orbital
Wake
Descender
The Eternaut

>lovecraftian horror in the American frontier
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""sci fi""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

no

Drifter
Faster than Light

Space Riders
Nameless

Nexus

>i never liked the metabarons. bizare mixture of jewish messiah and fascist ideology.
You do understand why we always suggest it as an easy intro into eurocomics to the capefags here, right?

The Vagabond of Limbo

Though a major part of the plot is that the MC is being wanted for breaking the fourth wall.

It really really is not.

As much good shit as I hear about this series, I still can't get past the fact that it was written by that hack Jodorowsky. I can't get interested in something made by a guy who churns out 2deep4u garbage like The Holy Mountain and parades around in the buck crying about American creators being more successful than his shamanic bullshit.

Saga is pretty good, if you like the writers other works like Y the Last Man.
Hell Y the Last Man too, since that is more sci-fi and Saga is more space fantasy.

Moebius
Enki Bilal
Farel Dalrymple
Nexus
Finder

For currently ongoing sci-fi comics recommendations, I recommend Invisible Republic. Solid political sci-fi from Gabriel Hardman and Corinna Bechko.

For classic/collected stuff, I agree with a lot of the stuff already mentioned in this thread, but one sci-fi title that I find isn't mentioned enough is Makoto Yukimura's Planetes. Yeah, it's manga, but it's one of the best "hard SF" comics I've read. It's very well researched (it was made in the 1990s, but the fact that Yukimura based the tech on what was then cutting edge NASA stuff means it still looks very contemporary). It also deals with relationships very well. That said, there's not much in the way of your typical "sci-fi" conflict... what conflict there is mostly comes from human drama as well as equipment failures in space. As a comic that examines how the exploration and settlement of the solar system can affect human society and individual human lives, though, it has few peers.

Space 1999 is pretty damn sweet as well.

Seconding this. Though I thought the second half was a bit all over the place.

>Chaykin
>sexbot
what a shocker

BTW, to any folks looking to get into Yukimura's Planetes, I recommend getting the most recent English-language editions published by Dark Horse Manga (it's just two volumes collecting all the individual chapters). The earlier editions (printed as four trades, if I remember correctly) published by TokyoPop had very, very bad lettering. The Dark Horse versions have been re-lettered, and have some minor improvements to the translation.

need help remembering a comic that was story timed

i only saw the first few pages but it was about this place that was like a city sitting ontop of an elephant or a turtle in space and this guy walks into a bar and no one can understand him but this shady wizard guy

>I dont understand that sci fi is short for science fiction

Am I the only guy who discovered & read Jodo's comics because they loved El Topo?

ODY-C
D
Y
-
C