Spider-Man Homecoming

First poster

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mItF4Xxgcsk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Queens
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not bad, user

You now realize that if this was not an MCU film, people would be condemning the movie for that costume alone.

Fuck off. People like this costume.

youtube.com/watch?v=mItF4Xxgcsk

>>Get Spidey into the MCU
>>Hire Bethesda
JUST

what's wrong with the costume? black lines are literally only bad thing about it and even that's not bad per say just not faithful to comics where he doesn't have them.

Can we take a moment to appreciate not just the poster but also the dubs-trips-dubs?

This isn't an MCU film, its still Sony's, the MCU can use him. And the costume is god awful from the neck down with all those unnessecary lines

Surely we should have let the great minds behind the DCEU handle it instead.

Seriously!? Only 9 posts in and it's already company wars!? Fuck sake

But the trinity have amazing costumes.

You're pathetic.

>complains about black lines noto being comic accurate
>Posts a comic pic with black lines

are you ill?

His forehead should read "Gwendolyn," not fuck Miles.

>Gwendolyn
>Not "bitten"
Do none of you have taste?

No.
It should be "Friendly, neighborhood"

But people complain about almost every costume regardless of company, a lot of people have hates about 2 or 3 of the cap costumes for instance

Well atleast there aren't any
C A P E S
A
P
E
S

>This isn't an MCU film, its still Sony's
Yes, but its set in the MCU and uses other MCU characters (i.e. Tony Stark is in the movie).

Stop with this moronic "not MCU!" meme.

Thank god he doesn't have the white from the video game tie in.

TIH used Stark too, idiot.

>the video game tie in.
That isn't associated with this movie in any way.

Oh great... its a
>Incredible Hulk isn't canon
meme

Stop being such a faggot.

>in any way
but they both star the same character

Still tho that costume was gross

I think user just meant TIH was an Universal co-production similarly to how Homecoming is a Sony co-production

this
yet people instantly try to deny it

It's not though?
It's a Universal film.
The Hulk looks totally different in the Avengers, different actor to boot.
AoU also shows that Betty never existed for ruffalo either.

Ok autist...
>what is "licensing" and how does it work?

Seriously. Its set in a different universe and different company working on the game. There is zero story overlap of any kind. This has already been confirmed.

>The Hulk looks totally different in the Avengers
So is Iron Man 2 not an MCU film? Rhodey looks completely different from how he did in Iron Man 1!

No, Iron Man 1 not MCU.
IM1 and TIH are canon to eath other and IM1 is soft canon to the MCU just like Ang Lee Hulk is soft canon to TIH.
The first full MCU film is IM2.

>The first full MCU film is IM2
You completely misunderstand what "MCU film" even means.

>b-but "soft canon"!
Stop being such a pedantic cunt.

>You completely misunderstand what "MCU film" even means.

You are completely retarded.
I'm baffled by how people can't understand a concept simple as "cinemeatic universe"

>Kill them all, Peter, kill them all... just like I taught you.

Tom needs your help.

>Thor
>Vision
To be fair they are powerful enough to have capes.

Are you retarded?

This is actually pathetic

This might be the dumbest thing I've read on Sup Forums in a long time.

It's more streamlined than the TASM1 suit at least.

And it has things people have been wanting for years like Ditko eyes, non-raised webbing and the back tick.

who is that semen demon

Jacob Batalon

Laura Harrier, she is playing Liz Allen.

Its ok, but too over complicated with the lines. As far as costumes go:

1) ASM2
2) Raimi
3) MCU
4) ASM

that's either

a) a teaser poster or
b) marketing poster for retail/store merch

all this anti-MCU shilling is hilarious, feige swung his big dick and has control on the film, sony is taking a back seat, they know disney are the kings of merch, they will not interfere. when the official poster hits it'll be different

this happens all the time, they do generic posters for marketing and retailers but are never the final poster, pic related

>2) Raimi
No.

The color pallet was shit. Hell, the web pattern wasn't even black, it was brushed charcoal. Fuck that shit. This suit is just above ASM1's atrocity.

>the web pattern wasn't even black, it was brushed charcoal.
holy autism batman

>holy autism batman
It actually was. They even talk about it on the production videos for the DVD/BD extras.

>b-b-but you're autistic
No, educated. And able to see.

Pic related: the suit isn't even red and blue, its burgundy and dark magenta or some shit.

It looked silver at times which was just odd in retrospect.

I liked it fine then but now that they've shown non-raised webbing can work (and no basketball texture like in TASM1) I can't go back.

I didn't say it wasn't """brushed charcoal"", I said you were autistic. And you are.

That's literally how the production team who designed the suit describes it. Do some research.

>burgundy and dark magenta

Still shades of red and blue though.

I think the excuse was bright colors are harder to photograph consistently well, similar to Singer's Superman and CW Flash but no tone issues at all unlike the DCEU

What film broke the bright barrier (again after Reeve Superman)? Iron Man?

Can you fucking read?
I NEVER SAID IT WASN'T

You are severely autistic my good man.

Flash Thompson being such a manlet triggers me.

>I NEVER SAID IT WASN'T
>calls others autistic
Ironic.

Read a comic or two. Maybe you won't be so triggered when you learn how Flash is actually supposed to work.

>it's burgundy and dark magenta

You do realize that red is a hue, and that burgundy and dark magenta are shades of said hue right?

Like, there is no actual shade/tint called Red. You call yourself educated yet you don't know basic fucking color stuff.

is it tho
is it reaaallllllyyyyyyy?

Yes.

That's not irony.

>Like, there is no actual shade/tint called Red

This is objectively wrong. Its the 780-622nm bracket of the visible light spectrum. That is academically referred to as the color "red".

He's a big, attractive football man who picks on puny, nerdy Parker to cover up his own hidden insecurities, and eventually becomes a pretty cool dude and befriends Peter when he grows up, matures, and also loses the use of both of his legs.

Him being a midget with a napoleon complex totally changes his dynamic. Might as well just be a new bully character, especially since there's literally no realistic way this Flash is a jock which is one of his core character traits in the Highschool era.

he's calling out the fact that you paid attention to such a small detail and you still are thats pretty autistic

>Like, there is no actual shade/tint called Red.
Maybe not in your box of Crayola crayons.

>who picks on puny, nerdy Parker to cover up his own hidden insecurities

Cite a single example of him doing so physically.

Also, he isn't that "big", Flash is just about the same size as Peter.

>one eye is more open than the other
It's going to be great.

>Marvel parody intro flashes deadpool 20 times
>Obese asian is Hobgoblin

Flash has always been bigger and more physically imposing, even if Peter's super powers make him stronger.

I don't think he ever actually beat Peter up though, I'll give you that, because the one time I recall them actually fighting Peter whooped his ass.

>Flash has always been bigger and more physically imposing

You have literally no idea what you're talking about.

Pic related form ASM #8.

And this is why abort should be legalized.

Yes actually

Maybe I'm just blind then, because it looks to me like Flash is both slightly taller and more heavily (or at least consistantly between panels) muscled than Peter.

Regardless, I don't see how these semantics justify them casting a dude that Peter towers over by a whole head as the attractive star football player bully anyway.

>I don't see how these semantics justify them casting a dude that Peter towers over by a whole head as the attractive star football player bully anyway.

You realize we're in 2016, right? Not everything has to be a 1963 stereotype. Not all bullies are massive, muscled white jocks.

You know this, right?

>You realize we're in 2016, right?
The most disgusting part is that you're not being ironic.

I like it.

Yeah, but Flash traditionally has been. It's a huge part of his character, and him being a football player is literally the first thing his Wikipedia entry says to describe him.

Him being popular and athletic are important, because it makes his life all the more tragic when he loses it all after going to war and becoming a legless alcoholic.

Like I said in an earlier, might as well just have made a new original character if he's not going to be a Jock.

>Ang Lee Hulk is soft canon to TIH
Ah so you're just retarded

THIS CAST IS FUCKING AWFUL

>is literally the first thing his Wikipedia entry says to describe him.

Gotcha, so you don't actually read comics. Or have any idea what you're talking about. Opinion disregarded.

Read a comic or two you disgusting plebeian.

>ASM
Unpopular opinion, but I liked the ASM1 suit more than the Raimi version just for the colours alone. The blue is nice and bright (and I'm glad to see a similar blue return in Civil War). Mostly though, I really loved how the blue broke up the arm and glove segments.

I think the MCU version would look better if instead of heaving black bands around the arms it just had breaks in the red, similar to how the Insomniac costume looks (pic related).

I was simply using the second sentence of the character summary that's literally the first thing that comes up when you Google "Flash Thompson" as an example to back up my point, but if that means I don't read comics then alright I guess.

For someone who's allegedly such a fucking expert though, you're doing a lot of "NUH UH"ing instead of actually adding anything constructive to the conversation.

How would you describe the character of early Flash Thompson if not "High school football star that bullies Peter Parker in high school, but loves Spider-Man"? Because here I though I'd read enough to Spider-Man comics to get that basic gist of his character, but apparently not.

Real curious.

is that the cast? i like tom but everyone else look like a bunch of mexicans. how fucking ugly what are you doing marvel

After the backlash over casting another white guy as Peter Parker, they apparently decided to make up for it by racebending pretty much everybody else.

>"High school football star that bullies Peter Parker in high school, but loves Spider-Man"

That definition is fine.

I'm drawing issue with how people define "bullying".

Flash was never someone who used physical intimidation to torment Peter. Rather, he used social status to do so. Living in an home with an alcoholic and abusive father, Flash really enjoyed the being the star of the school and being the center of attention, as it was his mental escape from his otherwise shit life. It made him feel like someone worthwhile. He didn't want anyone encroaching in on that.

So when Peter steps in and tries to enter his social circle, Flash pushes him right out by verbal abuse. Instead of physically hitting Peter, Flash was all about talking about social status and how Peter wasn't "cool enough" to hang with him and his friends and would take shots at Peter's focus on his academic career, talking about how that wasn't the social norm.

The assumption that Flash was some generic "I'm gonna stuff you in a locker!" bully is just flat out wrong. There is literally no reason why the interpretation in upcoming Homecoming movie could completely spot on to the character, despite not being a white guy.

Speaking to the race: The movie is set in 2017 Queens. which, in real life, is primarily NOT white people.

Those people are aware that, objectively, Peter Parker is in fact a white man right?

I understand this meme of people wanting to change the race of an established character with like 60 years of history for literally no reason, especially when Miles already exists.

>2016 Queens demographics? Never heard of 'em!

Fucking dammit

If they got rid of all those bulky black things and instead colored the imprinted webs on his costume black it would be literal perfection for live action.

>It must be pandering!!

Here, do some research on the actual make up of Queens you fucking idiot: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Queens

but they racebended two antagonists and one possible future antagonist. Other cape films bend side characters as well, the execution here doesn't seem to fit covering for the backlash all that well.

...and with "pretty much everybody else" user means just Flash Thompson because the other two are OCs

Plus why do we act like racebending Spidey's supporting cast is suddenly taboo
The only characters that really really can't be altered are Gwen and MJ imo, and that's mostly because iconically they're almost defined by their hair colour, and both ultra-blonde and red don't really fit blacks/latinos/whoever

Ah, forgot pic

>muh supporting characters

You're upset about characters that havent been in Peter's life in the comics for damn near two decades now

>havent been in Peter's life in the comics for damn near two decades now

You haven't read comics in two decades then. This statement couldn't be any more wrong.

You see, now that's fair enough when it comes to adapting the character's motivations to the big screen.

I never said that he beat Peter up though (I actually said the opposite), only he was more athletic/popular (two things that generally go hand in hand, sports kids are at the top of the social hierarchy in my experience) and picked on him cope with his own issues.

Also my problem wasn't with his race, it was that they got a manlet to get the character that's traditionally a football player. While it's cliched, I've always like that part of the character and I'm disappointed that they're apparently dropping it in the first big screen adaption that will actually focus on Peter's peers.

I think we mean the same thing, but we had some kind of miscommunication somewhere along the way.

other than MJ, who got Bong'd almost 10 years ago

>fucking is the only involvement that matters, anyone not fucking might as well not be in the book
Ok then