BPRD #144 Story Time

Iosif and Vavara descend deeper into Hell...but for what reason?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vxGdZJXL2lM
multiversitycomics.com/reviews/bprd-144/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

great first page

poor Iosif

very Twilight Zone

oh fuck

so does this take place before the end of Hellboy in Hell? because Pandemonium should've fallen into the sea

in case you forgot everything is still fucked on Earth

it's so cool to see these books directly connect

...did they reuse Mignola's art or is Campbell's recreation that dead on?

must be surprising for non-Hellboy readers

did she just gain power from Satan's blood

fuckkkk

2 page back up in this issue

Bump

Right between Satan's murder by HB's hand,but before he faced Gamori and his own bride,I'd say.

OH FUG, mothefucking Watchers!

Thanks OP for storytime this.

They look like the blind giant crafting the army of Hell

How do you know they are watchers?

Because,as pointed,they look like the blacksmith at the shore of Acheron,forging the Army of Hell from the souls of the damned,who in fact is a Watcher. Also,we know from the last issue of Hellboy in Hell that Pluto,one of the Watchers,is buried beneath Pandemonium. So either one of those giants (loved the reference to Dante's "Inferno" in Varvara's monologue) is Pluto, of they're other,different Watchers. In the end, this means business.

Jesus Christ shit's going down HARD.

I'm still mad that Satan hadn't made an actual appearence, talk to people and such.

The canto she's quoting is where Virgil shows Dante the three giants imprisoned around Cocytus; Nimrod, Ephialtes and Antaeus.

Why do so many people fail to realize the ending of "hellboy in hell" was a prophecy. somebody still needs to take up the crown and lead the forces of hell out. That is pretty much what the whole damn thing seems to be leading towards.

Mignola seems to have taken the route of lovecraft as far as Satan is concerned. so long as Satan is an indeterminate and foreign entity he's scary and impressive. give him a personality and suddenly he can be related to or defeated. even though hellboy killed him, you can see from this issue that even his blood is enough to grant power and affect the cosmic order.

Because at the end of Hellboy in Hell, Pandemonium had already sunken into the Sea of Fire. Here,it's still in place.

And only the Beast of Apocalypse (Anung Un Rama) can claim the Crown, so it's still up to Hellboy; there's no "someone". Only him can do it.

Love this page, BPRD always has excellent layouts

Hello new phone background

Very Big O

>Nimrod the Great Hunter

shieeeeeet son

So, she's gonna try to make the watchers fight/imprison the ogdru jahad like in the begining of times?

G O D W A R

are those guys friends of Anum?

Looks like that, but I wonder if Varvara can get them out of Hell by itself,or even if the Watchers themselves are powerful enough to get out on their own abilities. I think they still need Hellboy to give them a Hand.

not really sure if they gonna get hellboy as part of this story directly.

Bump

>so we can platoon them
what does it mean?

For once it's nice to be Italian.

>"That dagger (...) help us!"
>"It may be. And further then..."
>Canticospitting like Missy E

Bump

Le bumpo

youtube.com/watch?v=vxGdZJXL2lM

Stop faggots. No one cares about Hellboy.

fuck off to /homestuck/ you flaming homo

>we need more room for movie threads, bad webcomics, and waifushit

You are correct though.

We do faggot

So any guesses who these guys are?

By this I mean from a mythological stand-point, not just "The watchers". 'Cause somehow I don't like the idea of just blank giant Watchers. What about Pluto and such?

At least it's not verizon.

>hating hellboy

kys senpai

jaysus fack

not fucking around
>Why do so many people fail to realize the ending of "hellboy in hell" was a prophecy. somebody still needs to take up the crown and lead the forces of hell out. That is pretty much what the whole damn thing seems to be leading towards.

>Why do so many people fail to realize the ending of "hellboy in hell" was a prophecy. somebody still needs to take up the crown and lead the forces of hell out. That is pretty much what the whole damn thing seems to be leading towards.
my bad, could you go into that more? I thought it was his fulfilling his prophecy finally

bump

>The giants she summons were referred to as Titans by Iosif, though I wonder if that’s what they are. The Titans is a term in the Hellboy mythology used in reference to the original Watchers, the ones that brought the Ogdru Jahad to life, and who later murdered Anum. The were cast into Hell for this.

>In the comics, we’ve seen a modern Titan: the Fisher of Souls in “Hellboy in Hell”. The giants rising out of the water in this issue certainly look like kin to the Fisher of Souls. Furthermore, in “Hellboy in Hell #10: For Whom the Bell Tolls” it was said that the Titans were beaten and chained… and the giants here certainly fit that description.

>Seems to me Varvara’s bringing the original Watchers to fight the Ogdru Jahad.

multiversitycomics.com/reviews/bprd-144/

it has a point

Makes me wonder if Chronos, oh whom all of Hell rests, will fit into the final end of the Mignolaverse.
He was seen in HiH, but it was mostly an "oh shit" moment, so I'm not really expecting anything, just being hopeful.