I know nothing about this show at all but why is pretty much every single character a fatty?

I know nothing about this show at all but why is pretty much every single character a fatty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UFctQMCs3k4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Confirmation Bias.

Pearl isn't fat

>every character.

Well obviously you don't know much about the show.

It's a american show.
What the fuck did you expect

>poil
>lapis
>memedot
>jasper

"It's progressive."

Because fat acceptance is an important SJW cause, and the show was made to strategically pander to SJWs

Because the Steven Universe crew follow a very intricate and subversive design philosophy.

Let me illuminate you on said design philosophy with this infographic.

I hope this is helpful to you.

That's true for some SU characters, but there's more fatties in GF and they actually fap to them

>All the cute fat characters in GF are boys
If Wendy had ever gotten as fat as Soos I think I would have died from fapping.

There's more fat character in Graviry Falls, yet no one mentions that for some reason.

And it's not like SU has episodes encouraging people to be fat.
Maybe because being fat isn't the butt of a joke people mistake it for acceptance?

>I know nothing about this show at all but why does it's fandom take every shitty bait that gets dangled in front of them?

SU has a reputation for being SJW, so everything that is even remotely related to the TUMBLR AGENDA is highlighted and broadcasted throughout all of Sup Forums.

There are a Grand total of 3 continually fat characters, ignoring Smoky Quartz because she is useless and doesn't exist anymore. But I guess if the MC and 2 side characters makes up "everyone" for you then you're right. Everyone is fat.

There's more than that. Both Steven's parents are pretty big people, and Renaldo isn't exactly thin. Sadie's a little chubby too.

Stephen himself has actually gotten noticeably less fat as the show went on. Probably because of all that exercise fighting gem monsters and running away from things.

He still has Quartz genetics and he eats like a pig, so he will never be lean, but he is about as stongfat as a kid his age can be.

To compensate for the really thin characters such as Garnet, Peridot, Lapis, Connie, Peedee, Jamie, Lars and especially Pearl.

None of the Cool Kids are fat.
And there was a whole episode about escaping from pizza so you can do cardio instead.

Sure. I'm not saying that all the characters are fat. I'm just saying that there are more than three.

There's more thin as a nail characters than fat ones, and the thin ones are usually the ones who are presented as hot. There's also no glorification of the currently alive fat ones, they're all slobs and misfits with self esteem issues.

Steven's dead mom is the only "fatty" who is also presented as beautiful and capable, and her size is due to muscle rather than fat, as she was bred to be a huge warrior.

Also Steven himself turns into a hot athletic girl sometimes, pic related

>Sadie's a little chubby

Yes, she is.... mmmmm....

>they're all slobs and misfits with self esteem issues

Even Smokey Quartz, which is just bullshit.

>fat misfit slob and chubby (at that point in the show) boy fuse
>both have a lot of self esteem issues
>fuse in to someone who has terrible self esteem issues and is fat

How is this bullshit at all?

Stupid fucking anons.

Smoky presents her self esteem issues as self deprecating, fusing allows Steven and amethyst to joke about their insecurities without feeling bad.

I mean Smokey shouldn't have self-esteem. She's only existed for about twenty minutes and in that timespan kicked Jasper's ass and saved her friends from a collapsing pocket dimension.

I say 'she' because Smokey's VA is female.

...shouldn't have self-esteem PROBLEMS. Goddamn it.

Part of its an art style thing. Muscle and fat are drawn the same way. Jasper and Greg's arms are drawn the same. It's unclear exactly how fat/muscular Rose and Amethyst are supposed to be, even Steven at this point.

"Progressive" explains everything well

YTou are presuming that only what happens during SQs existence is what matters, instead of the ingredients that go into the mix.

SQ was built on the foundation of the emotional connection between Amythest and Steven, one that is based on the empathy of know what its like to be a worthless freak. Self esteem issues are literally the bedrock of her entire existence. She could spend 100 years doing nothing but badass things, but she would still be insecure as fuck because the moment she stops being a mess of self esteem problems she would instantly break apart back into Steven and Amythest.

Stop being in such a rush to include the memewords that make you mad in posts on the internet. You don't earn points for doing it.

>I know nothing about this show
>why is pretty much every single character a fatty?
>of the 14 characters that are reoccurring only 4 are fat.

Hmm.... triggered?

Why people are mad when someone say chubby characters in this show are fat

True, that is what was heavily implied by what Sardonyx said: a quality they have in common and which is magnified in the fusion...

I wonder if that will change.

Will Smokey look different if their psychology changes?

>forgetting about Grenda and Lazy Susan

What do Rose and Pearl have in common that RQ magnifies? Elegance and bitch-ness?

Interesting. How about other fusions?

Why was Malachite so big and powerful?
What connects Steven and Connie (please don't say love, they're kids that cannot comprehend that yet)?
What makes Opal, Opal?

We know so little about Rose, really. Only that she was like a 3-year-old when she saw something cute.

All things being equal, she didn't seem to have much of anything in common with Pearl. Just like Ruby and Sapphire: opposites attract?

>Why was Malachite so big and powerful?

Jasper, the ultimate Quartz, and Lapis with her unique powers (would Malachite have been smaller on Mars because no water?).
Then again, when Jasper fused with Ocean Quartz-monster the outcome wasn't THAT big, was it? Then again, that was technically a homofusion. But if the rule is "the more different they are, the stronger the fusion" then that would contradict my earlier reasoning.
Lapis has hidden depths, it seems. We haven't seen her shapeshift yet.

Also: Pretty sure Opal is a good deal bigger than Rainbow Quartz.

>What connects Steven and Connie (please don't say love, they're kids that cannot comprehend that yet)?
They are teenagers

pretty much, it's aimed for manchilds, sjw's and trannys who are fat and confused with the chemicals in the brain.

>Steven and Connie
Well I can be vague and say "growing up" or perhaps "experience" them fusing into Stevonnie seems to generally about experiencing new things. They combine to form a teenager/young adult that drives, goes on and dances and shit, and also works together to fight off bad guys.

>Opal
Well Amethyst's rowdy, Pearl's uptight, but the big time they fused they basically did so when "things got serious" they put aside their differences and worked efficiently together to protect and accomplish a goal.

>Malachite
She was the most elaborated on in regards to the "sentient relationship and bedrock experience" aspect. She's all about feeling betrayed, self loathing, and hating the planet they're on.

What the fuck is going on with her hair, fucking shit shit shit design dude. look at those horribly drawn curls and lopsided bangs.
Did they just want to make her an ugly cunt? lol

>cherrypicking

you cucks can think all you want but in reality if this bitch was a real woman she'd look like trash

>What connects Steven and Connie (please don't say love, they're kids that cannot comprehend that yet)?

Steamy hot underage sex.

Also they are 12 and 14 and most kids are already lusting after their classmates at 8.

Yeah, but at least she's "stronk independen"

It's not that the characters are fat. It's that only Opal, Rainbow, Lapis and Peridot have "conventionally attractive" body types while the rest are either obese, rail-thin or have some sort of impossible waist-to-hip ratio.

The show definitely promotes fat acceptance with Steven and Amethyst, but I still like it because none of this really is painted as an important issue in the show, it's just how they look. I definitely don't want to watch things like capeshit where there are only four body types: woman, skinny man, man, and big man.

Because everyone working on it is a special snowflake fishing for praise because they're "so progressive" and "socially conscious".

As somebody who is morbidly obese I seriously wish mainstream media would stop trying to normalize being fat. It's horrible, I'm probably going to die an early and preventable death from overeating and I have all sorts of health problems because of my weight. This shouldn't be the norm, people shouldn't feel okay about being overweight. It's horrible and once you are overweight your body's chemistry changes and it's a downward spiral that is statistically nearly impossible to get out of.

Except she's a supersoldier who can lift trucks

>There's more thin as a nail characters than fat ones,
name anyone other than pizza's,stevonnie,conny,lapis and pearl.

Also Garnet and most of the townies who aren't middle aged guys.

I really hope you're trying to ruse us.

>Cherrypicking
>Over half the cast

I used to think that too until I watched it; as long as you avoid certain episodes, it's pretty good.

>someone makes a Sup Forums one
>Its just a stick figure with tits, breast, and vagina.

Same coin mate. Same coin.

Name anyone fat other than Greg, Steven, Amethyst and Dead Rose.

Screaming and crying:the show.

But we aren't even allowed to avatarfag.

Ronaldo

peridot, centipeetle once she reforms, lars, jamie, marty, kevin, peedee, sour cream, and buck.

there's also characters who aren't super skinny but aren't fat either, like jasper, garnet, ruby, sapphire, the diamonds and a bunch of townies (fryman, mr. smiley, connie's parents, etc.)

Sadie

>Name one other than these five I just named
I mean, do I have to? you seem to be doing well on your own.

jasper, sadie, garnet, bismuth,

the mayor, black guy, onions dad.

Steven starts out fat, but as the show goes on he's just stocky.

>Being buff is the same as being fat

Someone should post all of the characters drawfags have created here so I don't have to see this retarded opinion.

Malachite: Two high quality gem fusions based on violence and wanting to let off steam.

Stevonnie: Love/affection. Love doesn't need to be that deep and its pretty fucking clear they think along the same wave length.

Opal: Dedication on both halves to X. Its why a strong breeze makes her come apart and she has a shit memory span.

Sugliate: Amy/Ruby's love to smash and be independent.

I got to ask. You watch this show from Japan? Because even before the fat acceptance movement, the average American came in the various body types displayed on this show.

I don't see how a show can promote fat acceptance when:

1. The nation's audience (often) looks much worst than the actual ones in it.
2. No where in the show is fat verbally accepted/rejected. Hell we had an entire episode dedicated to getting /fit/.

>Because even before the fat acceptance movement, the average American came in the various body types displayed on this show.

Hahaha fucking stupid burger

And I'm sure I could go on tumbler and find pictures made that are the anti-tumbler.

Bottom line both sites are full of whinny bitches who whine about the same shit and think they have some rightous right opinion on the world.

You just wait till go kart racing becomes an Olympic sport 3rd worlder.

The show dosen't encourage being fat. youtu.be/UFctQMCs3k4

But what's important is that you've found a way to feel superior to both while still wasting your time on both.

>Garnet
she's thicc but not fat, she has a wasp waist goddammit
>Sadie
she's a bit chubby, true
>Jasper and Bismuth
they're both bulky and muscular because one is a warrior and the other is a blacksmith but neither is fat

Steven is actually fucking crazy strong; he can lift an entire set of DJing tools that requires two full grown men to carry, heft around a mini-fridge like a back pack, and break a arcade machine with his barehands

Those characters are seen working out only for that one song, in that one episode. They went to the beach and did some pushups one time.

Strongfat is still fat user. It at least applies to Bismuth.

>Garnet
>Lars
>Mr Smiley
>Mayor Dewey
>Yellow Diamond
>The Pizza Peeps
>Kevin

Just die.

>she has a wasp waist goddammit
yeah its called a stylistic choice but its not an hourglass figure and hell akburs jasmine type hourglass does not exist

No he hasn't.

Who the fuck is Stephen? non of the crystal gems are fat because they eat too much, they are fat because they want to be/its their true self. Hell they can change shape and age. only peridot is stuck being a midget

Way to miss the entire point with an ad hominem

You know who he's talking about, don't be a pedant

Do you think I can spell any of the names?I have to check it all in google, everytime. All must suffer as I suffer

Gotta say.. I had put this show off since the art and first episode sorta made me go "Meh.. it doesn't look that good"

But then I gave it another shot and hoooly crap. This show is awesome

Yes, except for pearl, but she is flat as a table.

the only thing fat about her is her forehead

Its really not that simple. Only a fraction of adults who were significant;y overweight can keep the weight off even if they go maximum fit, because your body considers your heaviest weight to be your new 'default', and treats your much healthier fit self as 'literally starving to death holy shit how did it come to this'. Your body WANTS to be fat, your metabolism slows way the fuck down, and while you deplete the contents of your existing fat cells they never actually go away. They are always there, lurking, waiting for the opportunity to swell back up.

It takes a complete and total lifestyle change, and the will to stick with that change for the rest of your life, to keep the weight off for more than a couple years. For most people, that's not realistically possible.

Obesity is like aids: your best chance is to avoid getting it in the first place, because once you have it there are painful measures you can take to reduce its impact on your life but its never really going away and its probably going to kill you.

only one of the crystal gems is fat

you are saying "they" to refer to one person

85549581 here

Yes exactly. That's why it shouldn't be normalized. People should look at fat people like myself with disgust. It should be something to be avoided at all costs and not something idolized. It's horrible and a huge public health concern.

>normalized
>idolized

you're going to have to point out where any of that happens in steven universe.

both steven and armrest are crystal gems. rose is fat too but I don't know how much she eat, so Im not saying anything about that

are you saying we should be disgusted by the sick?

>he doesn't make disgusted sounds and point and scream at people when they sneeze

thanks for holding back the human race, you dirty fucking leftist

Thirst. Pearl for Rose, Rose for humans.

Sheesh, what elementary school did you go to? I don't recall anyone overtly lusting after each other when I was in second grade.

Sup Forums likes flatulent muscle girls, Sup Forums likes traps, Sup Forums likes little girls, etc.

what a waste of double trips

yeah, and when you look at rose's waistline, shes actually pretty thin herself anyway.

also its made pretty clear pretty quickly that rose is idolized by the gems but is otherwise not reverred or shone in a positive light. everything revealed about her shows she was definitely an incredible leader, but otherwise a liar, a brute, and very skeevy all around