So i think by now even people who liked them film can recognise it was a diamond in the rough and was weakened by...

So i think by now even people who liked them film can recognise it was a diamond in the rough and was weakened by studio meddling. However what was good shun through and showed theres was once a much better product, as a sequel is more or less confirmed at this point, who would you want to see on the squad?

For me its
>Lashina/Duchess assuming the JL film has the furies
>KGBeast, have it seem like he's gonna die, then make him live throughout.
>Count Vertigo if another meta is needed
>Manta
>some more d-list and maybe a b-list
character to give at least a few more fatalities like Cupid, Shrike or King Shark (Who was apparently in the original cut of the film)

>it would've been good without the meddling!

it was good, just could of been much better. Are you illiterate perhaps user?

I liked it as was. Maybe would have liked the original cut more but I enjoyed it as it was.
Definitely still felt like an Ayer film.

>it was good
The original edit might have been the best DCEU by a very small margin, which isn't saying much because Man of Steel and BvS are both objectively terrible films.

This trailer park edit manages to be worse than both of those films by a wide margin, combining problems with tone, motivation, and plot with mind-bogglingly terrible and amateurish editing.

use the catalog

>objectively
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you are a retard i see.

Different type of thread

I want to get a director's cut more than a sequel

A sequel would just be a bonus, no director's cut would be an injustice to viewers and the cast.

>Man of Steel
>bad

The shittiest meme continues...

psst

whether someone enjoyed or liked a film is subjective

There are objective measures you can use to investigate a film's quality. Things like tonal consistency, plot cohesion, how successfully the film conveys and backs up its themes and motifs.

Taste in food is subjective too, but I can say that a burnt cake made with mayo instead of butter and no sugar is an objectively bad cake.

this is all true, although i feel the fact the film is doing so well will be a double edged sword in the fact its success will mean they think people are happy with what we got

psst

go fuck yourself faggot

>Things like tonal consistency, plot cohesion, how successfully the film conveys and backs up its themes and motifs.
not objective
please die slow

>the fact the film is doing so well
Is this bizarro-world?

The film did well...on opening day. It suffered a 41% drop from friday to saturday. It suffered a 66% drop between weekend 1 and weekend 2. Current projections don't see it meeting the estimated cost of production+marketing.

The lack of a chinese showing really fucked WB.

>plot cohesion is not objective

>Current projections don't see it meeting the estimated cost of production+marketing.
>hurr movies have to make 6 million jews to break even
stupid dumb armchair analyst scum

you can read

It was okay desu

Gigantic studio films with months of reshoots, shitloads of CGI to generate and regenerate, and hundreds of millions in cross-promotional deals and trailers and marketing DO require hundreds of millions of dollars to break even. Promoting a movie is fucking expensive.

its doing very well you're friday to saturday drop makes no sense considering that it included thursdays intake as well and that the film made more money on saturday then it did friday.

>It suffered a 66% drop between weekend 1 and weekend 2.
Star Wars 7 and Civil War had the same if not more

Objectively speaking suicide squad is a hit at the box offices.

>Gigantic studio films
It was originally a smaller project and only turned major thnaks to tsujihara

> months of reshoots
It was a month at best

>shitloads of CGI
Ok

>and hundreds of millions in cross-promotional deals and trailers and marketing DO require hundreds of millions of dollars to break even. Promoting a movie is fucking expensive.
You know WB owns most of its promotion companies right? for the most part it would be moving money from one account to another.

>its doing very well
It objectively is not.

Opening weekend it made way less than expected with only 133 million. The opening night was record-breaking but the drop afterwards was sharp. Second weekend it only made 43 million. It's set to make less than 300 million domestically and likely around 500 million internationally (in large part due to no chinese release).

It's not going to break even, much less put DC's movie studio in the black.

The plot was cohesive though, unless you're an Idiot I guess.

>It's not going to break even,
GOD JESUS I love memes

>not going to break even
It already did

>a sharp decline
There was sharp rise on tuesday.

>memes
You can't just pretend everything you don't want to hear is LE EPIC MEME MADE TO RUSTLE MY JIMMIES

Suicide Squad, like Man of Steel and BvS before it, had a big opening but no legs. That's a big problem for DC whether you want to admit it or not.

>drop afterwards was sharp
no it wasnt

>in large part due to no chinese release
apparently being reworked to be shown to china

>It's not going to break even
Already has

see
meme hustler

If the only cost were production, sure. The movie only cost 175-200 million to actually make.

There's a lot more than just production in a movie budget, though, user.

>no legs
It second monday hal already beaten GoTG second monday.

What am I seeing? That this user doesn't understand numbers apparently?

Force Awakens made nearly 400 million in its first weekend and then made another 153 million in its second weekend. It made more money in its second weekend than Suicide Squad did in its first.

It's really not that hard a concept: Squad had a record opening and then an APOCALYPTIC next-day drop which ruined its opening weekend total.

>That this user doesn't understand numbers apparently?

are you talking to a mirror?

The DCEU failures just sadden me. TFA's success makes me angry holy shit.

At least one franchise is getting what it deserves.

GoTG had an impressive opening and then managed to maintain a steady viewership after the first-week drop for the next SIX WEEKS. That's legs.

Normans respond well to dance offs.

>impressive opening
So did suicide squad
>and maintain a steady viewership
And so is suicide squad.
You gotta face reality m8. Suicide squad is a hit.

>BvS, the best film of the year
>objectively terrible
You have brain damage

More Digger
More Katana
Tattooed Man
Nightshade

>And so is suicide squad
I'm sorry, user, but no. Going from 130 million to 42 million is not maintaining viewers