DCEU's Flash

Why not cast a guy who...you know... looks like Barry Allen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JIdwjUSFzMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That sucks, but I'm more upset that we're not getting a comics accurate Iris West. Pic-related would have been perfect.

DC was planning on casting Imogen Poots as Iris until it leaked and Black Twitter got pissed they were white washing a character they didn't know had been white for fifty years and started the hashtag #KeepIrisBlack. Then crappy media sites blew it up to look like it was coming from real DC fans, so WB quickly hired a black director (who later left due to creative differences because he wanted the Flash to solve the murder of an unarmed black teen at the hand of police) and this one as Iris.

as long as they plan on having the step sibling thing a different race would really make it better unless they wanna end up like clueless

This bullshit's been bothering me about a lot of recent castings. I've even heard producers say that the obvious choices for adapted characters were "too safe" like that was a fucking legitimate reason to be terrible at casting actors.

It'll always irk the shit out of me.

If the Flash is going to be the young one, why not Wally? Also, DCEU Barry is basically a OC character with Barry's name.

>adam brody was going to be Wally in the 2007 cancelled movie

Talent is more important than appearance. They needed someone who could deliver comedic lines just right.
You could say they needed a friend.

Wasn't Ryan Reynolds slated to play Wally at some point too?

>who later left due to creative differences because he wanted the Flash to solve the murder of an unarmed black teen at the hand of police

But that's wrong.

>They needed someone who could deliver comedic lines
The Flash isn't a fucking comedian.

No idea

He was slated to play the Flash in 2005 but it's unknown whether he'd be Barry or Wally.

That depends, DCAU (Wally) Flash is, modern Flash (Barry) also is.
Bart Allen also is a comedian.
Classic Barry and Wally from the comics aren't.

Why not cast a guy who...you know... looks like Lex Luthor?

>(who later left due to creative differences because he wanted the Flash to solve the murder of an unarmed black teen at the hand of police)
source

Or is capable of acting like Lex Luthor?

He does look like young Luthor, go read Superman Birthright

If it were up to me, I'd get somebody older (30s to 40s) to play Barry Allen and hire somebody younger (late teens to mid 20s) as Wally and have both. Pic-related would be a good younger Wally IMO.

He'd have been fine in a Smallville movie. He just came off as pathetic and cringeworthy as a modern incarnation of Luthor.

This is like 15 year old Lex. Eisenberg is 33.

but eisenberg was the only actor with any charisma in BvS

This entire script needed to be destroyed.

Only problem here is that the DCEU is based on the New 52, where Wally is a black kid
And worse, both CW universe and DCEU have black West family

Isn't DCEU Lex in his 20s?

I would bring in someone to be his father, Lex Luthor Sr. who could torment Superman properly.

>not Billy Zane

>Only problem here is that the DCEU is based on the New 52, where Wally is a black kid
The real Wally is back though. They retconned it so the black one was his cousin.

BUT INSTEAD THAD CASTLE IS DOOMED TO STAR IN SOME SHITTY SCYFY SHOW ABOUT BLOOD CARS OR WHATEVER THE FUCK.

Too young to be Eisenberg's father.

I don't trust DC anymore

Captain Awesome is already a superhero.

Lex is the same age as Superman in the DCEU I assume. He had red hair in incarnations other than Birthright too. youtu.be/JIdwjUSFzMw

>Black Twitter
Giving black people internet was a mistake

Bryce would be damn well perfect.

Worse. It looks as though Miller Flash is going to be the mirror image of Holland Spider-Man. Getting his goodies from Bruce Wayne and constantly trying to prove himself to him as a father figure.

Funny thing is that the Flash TV show as three actors who would make a substantially better Barry Allen than Miller or Gustin.

Rick Costnett
Teddy Sears
Matt Letscher

Because Snyder casts based on spirit, not appearance.

She's cute.

She looks like a 12 year old black boy.

Ezra is a good actor

So is Peter DInklage. Doesn't mean he should be the Flash.

Why not?

You've got to look the part too.I know it's cool to be PC and pretend all that matters is acting ability, but they have to resemble the character from the source material.

It's not about being pc. All that matters -is- the acting ability. The fact you don't believe this just points to the undeniable fact you are indeed a film embryo and don't really care about the artform. Instead of treating this childrens movies as the junkfood they are you very obviously take it seriously.

Watch real film. You'll feel better about yourself rather than worrying about what's accurate to a picture book.

They have to look like the character too. That's always been the case until recently.when everything went to PC hell.

>thad castle as flash
what

>Why

this

WE

How do you feel about this?

I hate mulattos

She's cute.

My problem isn't that he doesn't look like Barry Allen. It's more that he seems to be a neurotic little twink.

Holy fuck, someone on this planet remembers this. I also remember the Tom Cruise Iron Man rumors around the same time. Back then, speculating about comic book movies was fun due to not seeing many on the big screen yet.

>Why not cast a guy who...you know... looks like Diana Prince

My problem is both.

Alan Ritchson as Barry... I could get into that casting.

But they seem to deliberately cast people who don't look like the characters half the time (Gal, Ezra, Manlyman McScruffytestosterone, Heisenberg, Amy Adams, Fishburne, etc.)

It makes the DCEU stand out (in a good way) from it's comics origins. Same thing about the characterizations, Bat is old and in a drak place, Supes is not the upbeat boy scout he usually is, etc.

It's an alternate take, an Elseworlds tale. I like it.

I thought Ritchson would make a good Eddie Brock (Venom), but he'd work for Barry too. As would the other two actors in the bottom of that image.

Ezra has a stronger jaw than all those blonde fags.