Suicide Squad Dream Team

If you had to pick members for your very own Suicide Squad, who would you choose?
On my team would be
>Captain Cold
>Catwoman
>Solomon Grundy
>Rose Wilson
>Klarion
>Volcana

Deadshot
Slade
Poison Ivy
Enchantress
Boomerang
Black Manta

Context: I don't know, just a random run.

>Rick Flagg
>Deadshot
>Mirror Master
>Bane
>Livewire

Rick Flag
Deadshot
Bronze Tiger
Nightshade
Boomerbutt

Dan Didio, Geoff Johns, Bob Harras, Diane Nelson, Zack Snyder, Chris Terrio, David Goyer, David Ayer

and they all just kill themselves

D list members only so that we can actually be worried about whether or not our favorite character from it is going to die. No more of the d listers that became b listers thanks to the title.

>Deathstroke
>Black Manta
>Grodd
>Klarion
>Poison Ivy

>Catwoman

Fucking elder god tier taste, user.

>Catwoman
>Boomerrang
>Deadshot
>Rainbow Raider
>Harley Quinn
>King Shark

Magog as field leader.
Prometheus
Cheetah
Abra Kadabra
The Fisherman
Mr. Zazsz as the inital "shit gets real casualty"
Dr. Sivana as the science guy
Bizzaro as the "nuclear" option

Sgt. Rock's grandson from Men of War.
Shadow Thief.
Nimue Ravensong.
King Shark.
Lady Shiva.
Wild Dog.
Sasha Bordeaux.

>Rick Flag
>Deadshot
>Captain Boomerang
>Bronze Tiger
>Magpie
>Cheshire
>Mercy Graves
>Terra

>Klarion

Patrician taste, my friend.

I want a team lead by Maxwell Lord. Not on the field, but as their Waller.

Psimon
Livewire
The Trickster II
Onomatopoeia
Traci 13
Captain Nazi

You have a strong and familiar taste, Judge user.

>Rainbow Raider

You're not planning to kill him off, are you user? :(

Thanks, though I dunno if I'd be able to resist the temptation to have at least one arc where Rock gets his mind switched with WWII Rock, complete with Kanigher Speech.
>"Now I've been given this... 'gimmick' right here, which I'm told can light up yer heads like th' 4th of July with just a look -- but since this whole blasted team's one big gamble, I'm gonna make a gamble of my own... and say that when push comes to shove an' th' chips are down, you sorry-looking buncha characters will pick 'em up an' throw 'em right back at th' enemy!"

>Deadshot
>Harley Quinn
>Rick Flagg
>Boomerang
>Croc
>Katana
>Enchantress
>Slipknott

I think your choices are actually really good. Uh, it's hard to describe exactly but it's one that just makes me think "I would really like to read that"

It's got approximations of some of the original squad (Joe Rock > Rick Flag, Lady Shiva > Bronze Tiger, Shadow Thief > Nightshade, Nimue Ravensong > Enchantress AND June) and lots of the members have an oddity that is unconventionally useful. You can see how the personalities would clash straight away.

Or maybe I'm just being distracted by my love of Wild Dog.

Wild Dog is a fucking star.
Also, I've always figured that a "proper" Suicide Squad needs to be a relatively low-powered mix of straight-up villains, sneaky but well-meaning good guys and a few in-between people who aren't neither. It's less about a team of bad guys and more about a team of people who don't fit anywhere else and who all have their own goals and baggage to sort through.
It's why I'm really feeling these ones too:

Must haves:

Deadshot
Boomerang
Bronze Tiger

Secondaries:

Nightshade
Manchester Black
Nemesis
Count Vertigo

Cannon Fodder:

Chemo
Multiplex
Manbat/Weasel/Hyena

Who are you planning to kill off though? That's a lot of A and B-listers in some of those.

Terra

- Nimue, probably leaving the team stranded in some hellish landscape dimension with no way out.
- Shadow Thief, gruesome equipment malfunction at some point.
- King Shark, like a motherfucking CHAMP.

>#711 (An old Quality Comics hero who's gimmick is that he operated out of prison.)
>Wild Dog
>Mammoth
>Film Freak
>Icicle
>Iron Cross
>Lock-Up
>Phobia

Solomon Grundy and Volcana

It's just not Suicide Squad without Captain Boomerang or Deadshot. You need one or the other.

>field leader
Ace of Blades - if that's out, Beth Chapel Doctor Mid-Nite
>muscle
The Black Rat dies and is replaced by The Weeper
>manipulation
Hypnota dies at some point
>crazy
Wild Dog survives incredible odds, but doesn't live to the end of the series
>creepy
Toyman betrays the team
>occult
Rose Psychic
>occult again
Black Alice
>boomerangs
Boomerang
>cannon fodder
Striker-Z dies first issue
>secret weapon deactivated in a cage somewhere
Satan Girl

I'm gonna have Solomon Grundy die every issue

Rick Flagg
Deadshot
Boomerang
Bronze Tiger
Plastique
Shade (Richard Swift)
Livewire
Psimon

Fuck it, I'll just go into detail.
Magog will be the POV character, still green and very vulnerable. He sees leading the team as a way to use his gifts to serve his country. His arc is very tragic, essentially going from a new hero to what will eventually become his character in Kingdom Come.
Prometheus is another POV character, working for the Squad he's essentially the thing he hates and is willing to go to extreme lengths to escape and kill Waller for putting him in this position. His arc is formed around the basis of his hatred for Waller and their antagonistic relationship.
I see Cheetah as being the final major POV character, being on the team has made her question her choices and really ask "Is it too late to change the path I'm going with my life?"
Abra Kadabra is a round peg in a square hole, with his flashiness and showmanship being a horrible fit on the team. I figure midway through he accidentally retcons himself out of exisitance with the implication he went back in time to eventually become Mordru. Trust me it will make sense.
The Fisherman will be the darkhorse favorite, he lasts most of the book with his death being foreshadowed so much that his death loops around to being shocking again.
Mr. Zazsz dies almost immediately, I don't give a shit. I hate him. He's replaced by a new Unknown Soldier whose identity is implied to be either Deadshot, Tom Tresser, Rick Flag JR, or possibly even Hush. It's never revealed but his identity is toyed with to fuck with fans.
Monsieur Mallah also joins at some point as part of an extremely convoluted plot to get the Brain from Belle Reve and regain control of the Brotherhood of Evil.

Mademoiselle Marie also joins for a few missions too.
Bizzaro is also used as the nuclear option for the team. Like a living nuke. His involvement is kept secret as is how the hell Waller got him under her control. But it is something that is gradually revealed.
Also scratch Dr. Sivana and replace him with Calculator. His role could parallel Oracles in the Ostrander's run and I like the idea that his arc involves him unintentionally burning all his contacts in the criminal underworld.

Villains outside of the standard arms dealers and mercenaries are Dr. Psycho, Black Adam and the Khandaqi government, a run-in with the Great Ten, the Brotherhood of Evil, the Sea Devils, and a revamp of the Jihad that sees them as a group that committs false flag terrorist attacks.

I really want to read this now, write a fan fiction

Thanks, IDK what it is but I've always found the Suicide Squad one of those teams with the most potential for storytelling. I love it when these roster threads come up because you always get such diverse answers.

Shouldn't it mostly be characters that are or have been incarcerated? What would Klarion have to gain from such a team?

I imagine he would have just gotten caught and why wouldn't Amanda Waller want a big time magic user on her team

Deathstroke
Rainbow Raider
Johnny Sorrow
Giganta
Clock King
Lord Death Man

Rose Wilson serves as his babysitter since she has experience with teenage magic users

Funnily enough Clock King was in the Suicide Squad once. It didn't end well for him

Oof, I didn't know that.

Cool.

>Deadshot
>Boomer
>RickFlag
>Killer Croc
>Livewire
>Enchantress
>Shade
>Bane
>Poison Ivy

Bump

How would LDM work? He'd no-sell the fuck out of the bombs.

Yeah, but he'd have some masochistic loyalty to the team because it has "Suicide" in the name.

"Oh my god, they killed Grundy!"
"You bastards!"

>captain cuck

No.

>using Human Torch's main enemy for cannon fodder
Rude.

Bump before I go to bed, hopefully this thread is still active in the morning

You can't really kill Chemo ...and he doesn't really have a personality but damnit I love him

>Lex Luthor
>Killer Croc
>King Shark
>Golden Glider
>Maxie Zeus
>Livewire
>Copperhead

Deadshot is our big mainstay, until the end where he commits suicide for his inability to escape prison and escape from waller. I would go for a real bleak ending realizing he will probably never see his daughter again, and ends up becoming more depressed and empty over the course of the run until he fully realizes death at his own hands in the last issue

Scandal Savage because her role in Secret Six was really good and she fits this kind of team well

Count Vertigo as the pompous royalty who agreed to help waller out in exchange for something. Looks at himself as better than the rest of the team. Will also have a bit of a sadistic streak

Cheshire, captured actually a spy for the league of assassins/shadows who have their hands dipped in government affairs

Mirror Master (hired out by former squadder to take down waller but waller counter-hires master to be on the team instead, going with the mcculloch mercenary angle) he'll be one of the team members to die

James Gordon Jr. was one of the things I liked from Ales Kot's run, and bring him on as sort of a team psychologist/manipulator

A big mook type with the potential to die, so probably solomon grundy.

there will also be cameos by d and z-listers so they can be killed off

former squadder captain boomerang* for the mirror master part

Hey what the fuck happened to black hand being on new suicide squad??

>Deathstroke
>Deadshot
>Manchester Black
>Killer Croc
>Klarion
>Captain Cold
>Lady Shiva

Mostly want Black though

None of the big name Squad members, trying to keep it c-list at best aside from Max.

Maxwell Lord (field leader)
Shimmer
Shadow Thief
Puppeteer
Lady Vic
Sonar
Angle Man
Inertia
Obsidian

Also I want Lobo to show up a few times because he wants to be part of the Squad but always completely blows the mission for everybody.

>Sivana
Nah, he's too OP

Only myself

Inertia would fit great into Squad desu

Deadshot
Black Manta
Gentleman Ghost (have some mystical govt agent like Tala from JLUnlimited control him)
Mirror Master
Dr. Poison

Joker
Grodd
Brainiac
Darkseid
Dracula

jej what the fuck

Why would Lex be on the Suicide Squad?