Batfamily too big?

>Robin (Damian), Batgirl (Babs), Nightwing (Dick), Red Hood (Jason), Red Robin (Tim), Alfred, Batwoman (Kate), Spoiler (Steph), Orphan (Cass), Batwing (Luke Fox), Harper Row, Duke Thomas

Is the Batfamily TOO BIG?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/article/tilting-at-windmills-bookscan-2015-analysis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think so. I'd narrow it down to

Batman (Bruce)
Nightwing (Dick)
Robin (Tim)
Batwoman (Kate)
Batgirl (Cassandra)

That's 1 main character and 4 supporting characters, 2 men and 2 women. 2 experienced and 2 newbies. A good mix of personalities. I think it'd work.

>It's probably no real surprise that Batman continues to be DC's most lucrative property, with 54 of their 100 placing titles being Batman or Batman-related ("Nightwing," "Batgirl," et al), totaling over 562K copies sold, larger than many publishers just with a single family. Those 55 titles are split with some 32 of them being "New 52"-era stories, and 23 of them being "classic" stories.

it's not big enough, they could make even more money
comicbookresources.com/article/tilting-at-windmills-bookscan-2015-analysis

For someone who prefers to work alone he sure has a FUCKLOAD of people helping his ass.

That's because the people that think he should be a grim gritty loner are retarded.

is TOOOO BIG...With this characters of the image, they are enough,,

Batman, Batwoman, and some Ex-Robins and Ex-Batgirls... we only need alfred here...

TERRY MCGINNYS NEEDS A BATFAMILY.. NO BRUCE WAYNE.

I made this thread yesterday asking people what they thought about this and most of the opinions were that Alfred,Dick,Bruce and Barbara are the only ones that matter

Kate needs her own identity, she's not part of the family.
Put Babs back in the chair, Oracle was a better character than her Batgirl.
Steph should never have moved beyond supporting character for Tim
Cass should be Batgirl again, this Orphan bullshit is stupid
Harper and Duke need to be killed off as soon as possible.
Batwing is shit, he only worked when Batman Inc. was a thing.
Graduate Tim on to a new identity with a better name than Red Robin, move him to Bludhaven or a different city.

>Barbara

booo

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The fundamental truth about Batman, user.

>Orphan
Kind of a shitty thing to name a person.

For some reason after 2002-ish they decided to keep inventing new Robins and Batgirls.

Before we may have seen one new one a decade, but even then only after the late 80's.

Now every writer has to have their own special Robin just to leave their mark on the book.

And this is before we get to the random JLA members or other superheroes he has on call whenever some bigger incident happens.

He is definitely not against calling Superman, Dr Fate, or Martian Manhunter when he wants to. He is only a gritty longer when someone else calls him for help.

I find he's more entertaining that way. There's more risks for Batman, because there's no sidekick to save him at the last minute.

Alright heres my ideal Bat-Senpai
>Dick-Nightwing
>Jason-Dead-Red Hood-Dead Again
>Tim-Robin
>Babs-Batgirl-Oracle (staying that way)
>Occasional Catwoman, Azrael, and Huntress Team ups
Next Gen
>Batwoman
>Spoiler
>Cassandra Batgirl
>Terry if you really want to go Beyond
Drop
>Harper Row
>Julia Pennyworth
>Duke
>Damian
>Batwing

Just remove Huntress and Batwing and pic related is best batfamily

OP's pic, in addition to Alfred and Selena, is perfect. That is the exact right size of Batfamily, is those 11. Add and subtract NOTHING.

>Dick
Obvious as first son, represents a better fighter than Bruce
>Jason
Cautionary tale of when Bruce messes up, represents the anti-hero element.
>Tim
Reflects Batman's intelligence, is great with computers and is a better detective than Bruce.
>Damian
The biological son component, represents arrogance and confidence and a darker side
>Kate
The close cousin, more militarily built than Bruce, homosexual token accounted for
>Babs
Averages out Tim's computers and Dick's agility, classic Batgirl and connects to Commissioner Gordan
>Cass
The supreme combat expert to a greater extent than Bruce, showcases a redemption tale.
>Steph
The lightest of the entire group, closest to a team's 'heart' they have, more innocent.

Your pic left out Batwing and Gordon-bats

}}The Batfamily ONLY includes The robins, Cass, alfred and bruce, no one else. The rest are ALLIES.

>Batwoman (Kate)
Well for one, Kate shouldn't have had anything to do with the others from the start.

Why the fuck people keep including Batwoman as part of the Batfamily? Until newest Detective Comics, she had almost zero interactions with Batfamily and was only an ally.

To me, acknowledging their current status, Batfamily should be like this:

Core Batfamily
>Bruce
>Alfred
>Dick (as Nightwing)
>Barbara (as either Batgirl or Oracle)
>Jason (as Red Hood)
>Tim (as Red Robin, preferably in post-Crisis outfit, because the newer ones suck)
>Damian (as Robin)

Close allies
>Steph (as Spoiler, because Batgirl is taken)
>Cass (I'm perfectly fine with Orphan)

Allies
>Azrael
>Huntress
>Batwoman
>sometimes Catwoman
>Batman Inc. characters

People who can briefly train with Batman and then fuck off
>Harper
>Duke

Daily reminder the Bat family was as perfect as it's ever been pre-Flashpoint.

I mean Kate is literally Bruce's family and fights crime in Gotham wearing a bat costume, even if they don't hang out it's not a stretch to include her