Oh big whoop, so you weren't even nominated for an Oscar. It's not the end of the world...

Oh big whoop, so you weren't even nominated for an Oscar. It's not the end of the world. You know how many stars have had to go through that?

Just keep making more films based on real people and keep getting older and chances are, you'll eventually get your goddamn Oscar.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eekgEeWBZGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jesus Todd chill out.

Bojack isn't exactly a commodity. They had that whole episode where he lost the part for the David Pincher movie and the Jellybean movie too. He might bounce back but right now does he even have an agent?

I can't believe Sarah Lynn is fucking dead

Princess Caroline said it herself, Bojack is a movie star now. With a better agent and a bit of luck, he could easily make a bounce back. Lots of actors have pulled off similar feats.

Losing the nomination might have triggered Bojack's leaving, but it wasn't the real reason.

yeah that gorilla sure mauled her good.

I don't understand why he can't still be in the jellybean movie

Dicks out for Sarah Lynn

Because of some deadline thing that prevented it from being financed.

But couldn't he basically pay for a movie like hat himself?

>Fuck man, what else is there to say?

Even Todd doesn't believe in you anymore...

>that episode that was basically a Donkey Kong Country level

I'm glad he fired PC.

Dude! That's what I thought. The lack of dialgue and the style of music made me feel like I was playing a video game, or maybe that underwater level in Earthworm Jim.

This is personally my biggest problem with S3. I'm down for Todd finally getting sick of Bojack's shit, but this reason specifically is dumb.

But still, does he have an agent? It's not like movie executives and casting directors are going to come to his house to hire him. He needs an agent/manager.

you specifically are dumb

Not counting Diane's "Motherfucker" the f-bomb was only dropped three times in the series, once a season.

Or were there other "motherfucker"s or similar?

me being dumb and the reason being dumb aren't mutually exclusive

You guys fucking know S4 is going to start with him hanging out with those wild horses.

Also, did not expect Todd's revelation.

It's not just one reason. It's all Bojack has done. As That girl said, Bojack hasn't been a very good friend. Todd has had enough.

I just hate how he's acting like Bojack is the only asshole in his life. Every single character in the show is an asshole and/or failure in one way or another, and Bojack is the only one who gets called out on it.

My problem with Todd in season 3 was that his arc seemed unfocused or didn't have enough screentime. The one resolution scene at the end kinda came out of nowhere and didn't lead anywhere.

That's just not true. Diane is called out on it several times and even calls herself mean. Princess Caroline is called out by Bojack in the episode wherein he fires her.

It's his daughter
It was foreshadowed when he said that he hopes that alll the women which asked him for money for abortion actually did it. When he said it was kinda obvious that a daughter will be revealed, thankfuly it wasn't too obvious or too certain plus later episodes were good enough to forget that part

Where should I start with this show? I hear season 1 is lower quality than the others. Is it serialized?

No shit dude. We watched the show too.

You wanna keep acting like an asshole buddy? think it makes you big? you wanna talk about how you'd fuck my mom or something while your at it? Big man on campus over here

You should definitely start with season 1, it's still good, it's just that the later seasons are better. Watch it in order too because plot lines continue through episodes.

don't skip season one

>where should I start with this show?
Season 1, episode 1?
Do you start reading a book on page 115 or walk into a movie half an hour in?

He can probably go back to Ethan Around

Ethan Around is dead before it even starts.

I want him to, maybe he could have a positive influence on somebody for once.

She's going to be voiced by Tara Strong, I can feel it.

He didn't want the Oscar after it was over. He only ever wanted to feel as though his life had meaning, because he thought that would make him happy, and he thought the Oscar would do all that. But he really always knew the Oscar was never going to do anything, and he was just distracting himself from how miserable and empty he felt. Getting the Oscar after the fact won't do anything.

And its also not about how other people have it as bad and worse off than him. He's just trying to find his own happiness and failing.

This. He is so broken. He could have everything, and he'd still be unhappy.

Diane gets called out on it sometimes but not as much.

Reminder that both times Bojack served as a father figure to girls who managed to make it passed puberty he ended up fucking them.

Harper was lucky enough to escape that fate by not being real and her existence as a dream ending before it could go that far and baby seahorse also got out by quickly leaving BoJack's life.

But this girl is doomed.

>yfw the penultimate episode of season 4 is bojack fucking his own daughter and ruining his life even more

Oh my god, you're right.

;_;

To be fair, some people do say to skip the first episodes on this one.

mfw I suggest this show to a friend, and a few months later ask if he's watched it
>eh, I watched the first three episodes but it's not good so I won't watch it

>not telling them beforehand that it only starts to get good with episode 7

Will Diane finally have onscreen sex with Bojack the next season? It was pretty heavily foreshadowed.

Can he sink lower than that? Usually I'd say that's as low as somebody can go but with BoJack, I just don't know.

To be fair if someone tells you that a show gets really good close to the ending of a season it's probably a cause for concern

I wanted it to be a surprise and not lose that punch and I was afraid of overselling it. Really thought he'd take my word on it and just do the first season. I tried explaining it afterwards.

He will rape Todd.

Only in the first season, and ever since then, they both have shown nothing but extra platonic feelings for one another. Like, it's unusual to think of BoJack treating a woman as untouchable but I really think that's the case with Diane ever since BoJack read the book she wrote about him. That killed his romantic feelings for her and what he'd built her up to be worse than his boat trigger kills his boner.

whos excited for s4 Todd sexuality arc I bet hes gonna Hook up with a dude

I prefer Todd's silly hijinks.

Oh boy, I wonder if she'll use the exact same Chainsaw Lollipop girl voice she uses for every girl character she does.

Wasn't the jellybean movie made to purposely sway him off from other deals
It sounded idiotic

I noticed in the 3rd seasons last episode that Diane developed an strange fixation to Bojack. She was the first to come to him after he came back from the funeral, and later on she dogded the questions her friend did to her about her feelings to him.

I know that this doesnt mean she wants to fuck him, but at least she is thinking about him in a different way. She is totally backstabbing Mr. PB next season, though, and what better way to do it than fucking Bojack?

What the fuck happened to her?

one of the most well-done things about this show is how Bojack and Diane moved into a platonic relationship and Diane turned out to be nuanced screwup like everyone else. Not what I was expecting.

>chances are

They're really not.

There are currently 24 competitive Academy Award categories, and though to the rare actor/writer/director/producer combo a full 17% of those categories may be open - a 1 in 6 chance - that's only going to apply if they're personally nominated in all 4 categories that carry any prestige for the actor, which is itself a much more complex and frankly unlikely scenario in any given year, reducing the odds of a win well below 1 in 6 - you'd be better off going to Vegas and putting everything on one number on the roulette wheel. By an order of magnitude.

Even spread over, say, another 30 years that's still a fantastically low chance, simply because there are so many other competitors and potential competitors. It's not a milk round like the Eisners, where the newcomers and the big sellers get an automatic reward because basically nobody else has the profile that their fans could make any difference.

Put it like this: Ben Affleck has been working since he was 9. When he was 21 he directed his first short. When he was 25 he won his first Oscar, for a writing credit shared with Matt Damon. This was the only time he was even nominated until 2012, when he won "his" second Oscar, for Best Picture, which is actually awarded to the producers (and of the many producers, a maximum of 3 are permitted to accept it). He's never even been nominated for his directing, and "Best Picture" is not by any means a surrogate award for "we wanted to give you best director".

True, being nominated for Best Picture when you've only actually produced three feature-length productions in your life is pretty good; but he's never even been nominated for his acting, remember - the guy who's been acting for 35 years and has 59 credits for movies and tv shows that have already been released.

Even if Bojack worked solidly into his 80s on high profile stuff, there's no guarantee he'd ever even be nominated again.

It's fake anyway so who cares

I wonder how the whole Penny plot like everyone will continue. If it does.

*penny plotline will end up.

Fucking spellcheck

>The parallels in this show

She got...taken care of

Nah man he's obviously asexual

It was something Kelsy wanted to make anyway.

Moved to Detroit.

Every fake movie in the show sounds idiotic, that's the whole point. Even Secretariat is a stupid movie, it's like making a Rin Tin Tin biographical film.

Which is what will make it more impactful when Bojack rapes/molests him.

Jellybeans are an allegory for casual lesbian sex.

>what better way to do it than fucking Bojack?

By revealing personal information about him on her blog and ruining his political campaign.

She told Mr PB about how BoJack kissed her and later on spent nights at BoJack's house and secretly lived there for a while, and Mr PB was only a little ruffled over it. He seems to have room in his heart to forgive his wife for cheating on him, and what with him living so long as a celeb in Hollywoo where everyone has sex with everyone, I doubt sleeping around really is even a very big deal to him. His former two wives were probably sleeping with other guys, too, but what actually hurt him about his marriages was when they divorced him.

But fucking up his life: career, reputation, and marriage all at once would probably really be betraying his trust.

BoJack's whole life is fake. He can't even succeed at being the best fake because he's such a fuckup.

You know, Secretariat really is a movie (though its obviously different from the show's) and there really are documentaries about the life of Rin Tin Tin.

I know, I meant the whole extreme dramatization part of it, like Secretariat killing himself which sounds pretty laughable when you find out he was a simple race horse IRL.

But she obviously knows who he is so how would that accidentally happen?

He wasn't nominated. Remember, Mr PB lost the list and had to make it up, but his error was later discovered and corrected.

One of the worse parts was that BoJack invested all that time and feeling and energy focused on winning a competition, only to find out he never got his chance to run in the race to begin with. It really is one of those "it's an honor just to be nominated" things, but he never actually even had that.

The furthest his movie got was "being considered for an oscar nomination," which is a big deal at the time but later doesn't really amount to much.

It wouldn't. It would have to not be an accident, which may be worse.

Diane is such a piece of shit.

Just like me

Nah. He'll rape Mr. PB.

That wouldn't be rape.

Seriously, Bojack has a seriously unhealthy dependant relationship with Todd, he wants to make him happy but he only knows how to hurt him. He'll probably pin him down and try to suck his dick in a drugged out stupor.

That horse is a qt

asian daria

Daria wasn't a cunt though

She was early on.

I actually thought what you said was helpful
That shit went right over my head

I have come to party

I want to lick Bojack's Mom's cunt

What if it's one of the girls who slept with Bojack?

It's not bojack's daughter, it's Penny's lesbian lover.

Penny forever scarred

How could you not want to bang Penny? Those freckles and ruffled hair. I was rooting for Bojack

Like almost everyone on the show.

Are they "feral" like the chickens that get harvested for meat or are they just a bunch of horse dudes running in the desert?

Probably not, BoJack is a washed actor from an old sitcom that people remember for being tacky and never did anything else.

Also, I think his crisis came as a result of believing that he had been nominated when he wasn't.

You're part of the problem.

Cuddly Whiskers was talking about this race, dude.

I honestly don't have a problem with believing that Secretariat would have had a difficult life in BoJack's world. Many of famous stars/athletes IRL don't end up very well.

This made me laugh the hardest in Season 3

they're rednecks running in the wild.

I wish someone would just tell Bojack it's okay to feel sad. That's all he needs to hear.

"Show me a person who always feels fine. And I'll show you a lying sack of shit"
youtube.com/watch?v=eekgEeWBZGo

>filename

I know, right? Who the fuck uses a landline for personal calls in 2016? Who even HAS a landline phone anymore?