Without memeing, what is Sup Forums's true feelings about the Dark Knight Rises?

Without memeing, what is Sup Forums's true feelings about the Dark Knight Rises?

He's a big guy, for a great movie

Memes aside, it's kind of a forgettable film. Probably Nolan's worst

It's fine. It does its job and has the style and mood that Nolan brings to the table. There are a lot of plot holes and such though... mostly little things but they add up.

Without memes its whatever
With memes its good

>it's fine
>it's whatever
It's bad plain and simple. It's too bad this didn't damage Nolan's career.

Character motivations don't make a lot of sense, we have to sit through bruce wayne recovering not once but twice in the movie, the literal ticking time bomb is dumb.

I wish it starred CIA instead.

I loved it. Wished it ended after the first fight with Bane though.

But I've been a Bane mark since Knightfall, so I'm biased beyond words.

The worst Batman movie, including the one with Schwarzenegger.

Genuinely a 9.98/10. Better than TDK, not quite as good as Batman Begins.

Its a big film

If TDK is a 9/10, TDKR is a 8.5/10 and BB is also a 8.5/10

TDKR is the most fun however

Absolute garbage and a terrible conclusion to the trilogy.

TDK ruined this movie because there was no way Nolan could top it but he tried anyway and as a result just made something stupid and over the top. Same reason why Half Life 3 will never be made

It's a good movie. Sure, it's not perfect but it's good enough.

TDK is an 8
other two movies are a 6 and 6 for different reasons. Batman Begins feels so primitive compared to the other two. TDKR went too far in a few places. Also the writing was way worse.

Its a lot of fun when you watch it with friends

The worst out of the Nolan trilogy but still a good film.
I enjoy it myself, but it's the one out of the trilogy I go back to watch the least.

It's the one movie that, no matter how resolved i am going into it, the. fucking. moment. I hear the music and see the SUV driving through the grass I immediately begin grinning like a fucking retard. It's somatic conditioning from years spent on Sup Forums and I'm not ashamed

BB > TDK > TDKR

I'm a sucker for capeshit origin movies.

Marion Cotitard's character dragged the whole movie down desu

Has some of the worst editing and choreography I've ever seen in a movie of this caliber. Bane was the only thing that made it watchable.

Totally phoned in and the worst of what could have been a solid trilogy.

It was so silly that they tried to pass off Tom Hardy as a big guy for me.

Begins is criminally underrated bro
You too huh? I watch it with some buddies from time to time and they never get exactly why the second it starts I'm already trying my damnedest not to smile

You can take her out and remove the cuck subplot and it'd still be the same film.

Max Schreck in Batman Returns had more of an impact than her.

Why did Bane have a thick British accent if he spent most of his life in that hole then places in Africa?

>Why did Bane have a thick British accent
???

Why did Tom Hardy talk like Count from Sesame Street?

it was sorta dumb, but very enjoyable. I loved the fight scenes between him and bamham

It's okay, some good ideas, lots of dumb, movie kinda go to hell the moment Alfred leaves. Also memetic as fuck. I don't think Nolan wanted to make a third movie until the numbers TDK pulled stripped him of a choice in the matter.

Begins is the worst in the trilogy by a long shot.

It's a filter for plebs like you.

The only bad part of begins is the final act. TDKR is kinda rotten all along.

> cramming too much into the film
> too many montages to move the story forward; see above
> exposition dialogue everywhere
> in addition lazy cringe quips
> Bane not being the real villain and easily being beaten

But the CIA scene was Kino

Greatest film of our generation.
It did to being a big guy what Taxi Driver did to being alienated by urban society.

Batman Begins works because, despite telling the origin story, its very concise compared to the sequels. You started to see the problem in TDK and saw how bad it was in TDKR

Don't forget anything related to DA BOMB

He was a co-accomplice of Talia, he was just as responsible as she was.

The only thing that really annoys me about the movie is when they tease Joseph Gordon-Levitt becoming Robin. That felt like a "fuck you" moment to me, especially since we knew we were never going to see it.

>and a terrible conclusion to the trilogy
What the hell were they thinking? It was a pure 180 after TDK perfect ending.

one of the lesser Nolan films. You can tell he didn't want to do this one after Ledger died. Very strange story where Batman retires for eight years (making the whole "I'll make them chase me" ending of TDK moot") then he rises, then Bane breaks his back and he rises again.

It's unironically a bafflingly bad movie.

>you should use your middle name
>Robin

the audience cringed in my theater at this.

TDK was propped up entirely by Ledgers performance.

Excitement made me enjoy it the first time but it got worse and worse each time I watched it. It's a pretty garbage film. Should have just ended the series after TDK.

Having a duology isn't as satisfying as making it a trilogy.

8/10.

TDK made a billion dollars. If Nolan didn't make three, they would have got someone else to.

Better than Begins, slightly worse than TDK

Nolan was the problem. Should have gotten someone that actually wanted to make the film.

its not as good as the kieth ledger version

This, exactly this!

An average action movie with great set pieces.
Nolan never made an outright "bad" film, clunky dialogue and poor close quarter choreography are not enough to make the entire film bad.

it´s a shit. the first 12 minutes is kino though, obviously.

The one with heath ledger in it was the best.

>He actually pretends to not remember the name of the movie to look cool and "above" it
I hope you don't do this often.

I liked that one where batman begins

bane?

>Bane got gunned down by Catwoman while anti-killing Batman just watched

What did they mean by this?

Hey big buy, I think you got the wrong door. The luchador club is two doors down.

It was fine but I ultimately feel that BvS was a better sequel to TDK than Rises.

It's a big accent.

Not a bad movie or a bad batman story per say but its not a timeless cinematic masterpiece like batman begins or the dark knight. It bites more than it can chew by trying to make batman (the at his core, street level hero) into a war movie about terrorism and politics. Too many characters too (catwoman, talia, the only big additions should have been john blake and bane).

The other nolan masterpieces have such easily identifiable central themes and ideas. Begins is about fear, becoming a legend, fighting crime etc etc. The Dark Knight is about chaos, responsibility and morality. What is Rises about? Sure, you could say "pain", and if it actually was this simple it might have the potential to be the best of them all and a killer conclusion to a series about a vigilante doing everything to protect gotham. The ultimate sacrifice. It just stretches itself far too thin in an attempt to be grandiose.

I fully believe that Ledger fucked up the series by dying and that part 3 was supposed to be about Two Face and Jokers trial. Rises just doesnt flow into the nolanverse as naturally as the other two

Not on the same level as TDK but still objectively better than 90% of all superhero movies

>better than 90% of all superhero movies

Faint praise.

I consider it one of the better trilogy ending films and I rate it above most MCU flicks.

>Box office : $1.085 billion
>damage

that scene where the cops and the thugs ran at eachother in a big crowd and fought in the street like it was some kind of medieval battle (even though the thugs had fucking guns and were shooting at the cops) was so fucking retarded

Schwarzenegger was unironically a better villain as Freeze than Hardy as Bane.

it didn't fly so good

Bane is great, everything else is shit

Come to think of it, why didn't Arnold play as Bane instead? And make the film about him?
He's a horrible freeze but he might be a decent Big Guy.

You might as well post the Transformers movies box office returns if that's your best argument.

Its the worst of the three by a mile

Exactly, when you shit up billion making movies multiple times in a row, it doesn't damage your career.

The batman trilogy can be summed up as really good movies that get worse the more you see them.

Kino.

>be a billion-dollar laughing stock
>meanwhile, actual good directors are making flops

How does Bay do it?

Nolan makes kino and kino and you lads are SEETHING. Stay mad