Captain America: Sam Wilson #12 Storytime

I, for one, welcome Falcap and Capbik serving at once.

I read that as Fapcap

Thanks for reading, folks.
Would have storytimed Supes/Bats this morning, but was b& til 5AM

#TakeBackTheShield

Based US Agent

Also surprisingly fair of Spencer to showcase a die-hard right in such a favorable light. I figured any reference to certain candidate's policies would be handled with all the subtleties of MODAAK.

Haha, wow. Being white is pretty awesome. I'm gonna go murder some hookers later today since some nearby minority will get arrested for it instead of me.

to be fair, trapsters powers are better for subduing people whilst falcons are better for flying away.

>Gee, Redwing, how come Marvel lets you have TWO Falcons?

Do the Americops do anything at all other than hassle random minorities?

>Stan Lee is taking USAgent's soul next

R.I.P. OG Americop and possible Punisher 2099 Grandpa

YOUR THE ONE WAVING YOUR HAND IN HIS FACE YOU STUPID FUCK!

? He lifted his hand to gesture and the Americop grabbed his arm. There was no waving.

Based Walker

The message that I got this issue was that sleazy politicians with agendas are bad rather than saying one side or the other is wrong.

Not that surprising actually. Spencer seems pretty fond of US Agent.

> "I'm super-excited to be writing John Walker; he is one of my all time favorite comic book characters. I was just the right age for the John Walker Cap saga, and when I was a kid, it was probably the comic story that I was the most invested in for the longest amount of time. It remains an all-time favorite."
> "No, he won't [be a villain]. Definitely -- I certainly don't view John as any kind of a villain. It's very important to me that that's reflected in the story. We might be looking at a story where John and Sam very much disagree and see things differently, but that doesn't necessarily make John the bad guy."

Why would Sam bother with the ones who weren't?

Thanks for the storytime.

It's so obvious that Nick Spencer is just telling the story he wanted to tell and is paying lip-service to Civil War II to put the logo on the cover.
Not that I'm complaining, this is more interesting.

He also loves Maria Hill.

How the hell could something like this be the top trending topic for an entire month? What about #DonaldTrumpSaysSomethingStupid, #ClintBartonWasRight, #JusticeForBanner and #CarolDanversIsAFascist?

It has a similar theme of the profiling and punishing before the crime, but I'm glad the story is otherwise unrelated other than the comments about Sam opposing Carol's side.

I think Spencer does a decent job of presenting different political beliefs and the tensions from both sides. He's giving equal treatment to Rage and Walker thus far.

US Agent is a character that's really liked by long time Cap fans and Marvel writers, I mean I don't share much of his opinions or views about politics but I still like his integrity and the fact that he doesn't lend himself to the petty interests of politicians (because he's been there before and it didn’t end well).

I would love to see him go against Hydra Cap.

I am afraid of a SJW writer getting ahold of him though because you know they will make him a caricature of what they think a rightwinger is and they will make him a racist despite the fact that John had a black partner that he cared a lot for.

Spencer has good taste

This all happens before the Bannering

It just seems like the story would have worked better if the Americops actually did initially come off as benevolent, with Sam trying to find the rumored skeletons in their closet, which contributes to his unpopularity with the public.

But from the start they're all depicted as violent thugs who are seemingly never shown or mentioned as doing anything other than starting shit with any non-whites that they lay eyes on.

I concur. I'd also say that the book has improved a lot in the last couple of issues. The politics are still pretty on the nose but they feel a bit more balanced and less like cheap clickbait.

>US Agent is a character that's really liked by long time Cap fans and Marvel writers
Ed Brubaker refused to ever even acknowledge his existence.

You know what?
Fuck Marvel
Fuck this BLM propaganda
Fuck this hamfisted political bullshit
Fuck this PC nonsense

>not muh

I'll give them credit, at least they kept US Agent in character rather and sane rather than have him go all straw man

This is the stupidest shit I've seen since I spent that afternoon reading Silver Age comics.

Dumber than the hamfisted "ripped from the headlines" story arc. And that's saying something.

I don't like Spencer's politics but I will be fair here

1) Sam's response to the big bad robocops is NOT to kick their asses and suggest that violence is the answer, which is a lesson many neo-civil rights movers could stand to learn going off of recent events. He doesn't act self-righteous and respects the authority of the Americops, as abused as he thinks they are. He even tells Rage to fucking shut up when he makes the situation worse.

2) US Agent is portrayed extremely right-wing, as far as to support the wall, but is kept very much fairly. He isn't made into a straw-man argument (though admittedly the politicians do that handily on their own) and is kept likable and integral, despite having a polar opposite view point to Spencer's own.

It's a fuck ton a lot better written than MODAAK, but I think Spencer needs to introduce more characters like US Agent here: right or even far-right supporters that aren't super-villains and can create a honest dialogue between Sam's left policies and their own.

>luchador mask wearing meta
>big guy

Brubaker only really cared about 60s and 70s Cap comics, the ones he read while growing up. Faustus, the 1950s, Ameridroid, Madbomb and Zola are all from theat era. The only things from later eras he used were Crossbones and Sin (and he completely changed Sin).
Spencer on the other hand grew up with Gruenwald's run He uses tons of things from that era: Serpent Society, Rick Flagg, Free Spirit, Americop, USAgent...

Goddamn I love Spencer's stupid comic book moments like the ants vs. paperclips fight in Ant-Man.

WTF is this anime shit lol? Should have named it NESTING VEIL.

Brubaker was strictly into the older school pre-80's Cap stuff. Kirby, Jack, Steranko and Englehart sci-fi spy stuff were his main inspirations.

He wasn't much into the more cape Gruenwald stuff and when he used characters from Gru's run he would change them a lot or he killed them.

He was also a big Sharon Carter fan probably her biggest fan at Marvel with the probable exception of Waid, he also said he didn’t care much for Diamondback and saw her as a Cat woman ripoff so when he had her in his run he changed her whole look.

>NuFalcon

Fuck I hate this guy....if there's one thing I wish Marvel WOULD synergize with the MCU its Cap & Falcon.

MCU Falcon is dope as fuck. I really wish comics Falcon was more like him.

>Walker is only teaming up with the bad guys to get his men better funded equipment

I like this...I like when Walker isn't presented as being a fucking lunatic

How long until people get upset with Acuna's drawing of that guy with the grills

I fucking love the designs for Americops here on the cover. Full-body full-dress police officer with a reflective Cobra Commander face is such a good design.

Wait, what? When did Americop die?!?

I note it's not #givebacktheshield

Intentional?

"Honest, Cap, we thought it was Spider-man who did it."

Thanks, OP.
This book is getting good. I think Spencer is reaching a equilibrium in the politics. And his US Agent is very well written.

Yes, because he's taking it, not giving.

Shit, it was #givebacktheshield last issue

my bad

You know I really hate Sup Forums's relentless rhetoric but when I see shit like this permeating every single comic I don't even know how to enjoy them without getting pissed off

It was during Dark Reign. He was killed by... Bullseye/Hawkeye and Penance, I believe. No doubt Osborn covered it up.

>Werewolf Sam Wilson pictured beating up "job creators"

I love this fucking comic.

Jameson stop bribing cops pls

wat?

issue?

Thunderbolts: Desperate Measures

Osborn found Bullseye and Penance annoying, so he sent them against Americop hoping that he would kill them (he seemed different and a lot more powerful in that appearance).

Hmm, I think that's a fair point, actually. Such a set-up would keep the audience guessing about whether the Americops were on the level or not as Sam did his investigation. As it stands now, we know the Americops are stepping over the line because we've seen it, we're just waiting for Sam to collect enough evidence to do... something about it.

Good name for a pokemon move

Still holding out hope we will see OG Americop. Especially since he didn't actually die in his last appearance in Thunderbolts (his fate was kind of worse than death: Bullseye stabbed Speedball so badly that Americop got hit with a full-on blast of Penance electricity and was rendered completely paralyzed but awake as far as neurological damage).

>MCU Falcon is dope as fuck. I really wish comics Falcon was more like him.
He was just a modified Ult. Falcon

A couple of months back, it was (granted grain of salt given it was an "anonymous insider" saying this) claimed that the backlash against Cap=Hydra led to Chris Evans throwing a shit fit at Disney and Spencer ending up in deep shit with the Mouse and Marvel having to prostrate themselves to keep Spencer from being fired.

The poster claimed that the entire Americops storyline was re-written to remove the pro-BLM/ anti-police themes, which would also explain why the first two issues of the arc were more or less heavy on Civil War II stuff and the Americops on the fringe in terms of Spencer having to ditch most of what he wrote.

The poster also said that Spencer/Marvel was also taking shit from Mark Gruenwald's widow for the bad things he did to Diamondback in order to shill Carol/Whor as "real heroines" and denounce Rachel as a sexist cliche that no longer has a place in modern comics. USAgent being used and not only being painted in a positive light, might also be part of Spencer's punishment: he has to write a right winger who most likely would be running around in a MAGA hat 100% sympathetic and right as penance for crossing the line from normal SJW douchebaggery to "you went too far and we now have to fire you" SJW douchebaggery, when assholes like Spencer go to far with their anti-white male bashing.

You'd think making them private security and not actual police would be distance enough.

What a load of bullshit. These comics are written and drawn months in advance. "anonymous insider" my ass. That's like Tumblr declaring Captain America #2 was rewritten to accommodate the Twitter outrage.

It sure felt like the reveal was real real early.

Makes sense though. Issues #3-5 were delayed when the shit storm hit and if you want to be charitable, you could make the case that #2 was actually intended to run later (say, around #6-7) and was bumped up to #2 in order to placate fans and salvage sales as far as Marvel realizing that the book would flop before they even got to the fake-out reveal.

As for the Americop arc, note that the first issue of the arc (#10) has a completely different artist than #11-12. #11 could have been #10 originally and material cut and rearranged from what was originally intended to give us #11-12....

You guys seriously need to get a reality check. Everything got delayed because Bendis can't keep to a schedule and knocked everything off with Civil War 2. Furthermore the artists for Sam Wilson #11 and 12 were already in place BEFORE the reaction to Steve Rogers #1.

Plus, do you really think Chris Evans is the type of person to throw "a shitfit"? Even his twitter response was a sarcastic "oh, say it ain't so!"

Plus Spencer has said BEFORE all this started up that he enjoys Zemo and USAgent and they would feature prominently in Steve Rogers/Sam Wilson runs.

This reeks of desperate rumormongering trying to pretend Marvel is in some kind of "damage control."

On a side note, I keep expecting a huge shoe to drop on the three guys running/promoting the Americops group and who are actually behind the blank face masks.

The inclusion of USAgent in the mess has me thinking Spencer is going to pull a Titan Hunt/Wildebeast on us:

Much in the same way the Wildebeasts turned out to be the Hive, the Americops are actually the Watchdogs, the racist militia group who were responsible for the murder of USAgent's parents, running around in vigilante drag.

A shame that Spencer made the original Americop dead with a throwaway line though and just had one of the guys say that he took his inspiration from the costume/name. They could have gotten some mileage by having the person who founded the Americops be Bart Gallow's widow and lay the groundwork for Punisher 2099 the same way Marvel has started recanonizing the 2099 universe as the Marvel future with Spidey 2099

But the original Americop was killed in Thunderbolts: Desperate Measures.

He didn't die. Just suffered a fate worse than death (the "I have no mouth and must scream" nightmare condition called "Locked In Syndrome").

And given the person who said that is all but outright called a villain by the heroes of the book, his statement should be taken with a grain of salt. Especially since vigilantes in general don't take kindly to those who usurp and exploit their personas for selfish gain

Except it's Bendis and Bendis doesn't give a flying fuck about other peoples stuff (they have to change to comply to Bendis's writing not vice versa) and even Bendis can't keep his own canon straight.

And Cap and his role in Civil War 2 could be another case of Age of Ultron, where Bendis wrote AoU with no intention of having Peter be Spock in Spider-drag and Gage having to use the ASM tie-in issue to AOU to reconcile AoU to the Superior Spider-Man storyline.

And given that Cap has little to no real role in CW2, it makes sense that Bendis ignored Cap=Hydra or was not told about it when he wrote the storyline. And Spencer's CW 2 storyline itself is mainly Falcon reacting to the events and in the case of #10 (which COULD have been done in a hurry as a last minute fill-in while the original #10 was pushed back and rewritten/recut) is mainly a funeral issue for War Machine.

Also Evans has been open about how protective he has been with regards to his onscreen and that the positive reaction he gets from kids, is the only reason he did not do what he originally planned to do: do the films and basically get the fuck out of acting all together in order to try and reinvent himself as a directer, since his acting career was basically DOA before he landed the golden ticket that was the Cap role. And Disney's made it clear they want to keep him in the role as long as humanly possible, which means if he complains about the comics ruining Cap, Disney will listen since they want Evans to be happy and not bail on the franchise and force them to recast/make Movie Falcon/Bucky Cap and court casual fan backlash.

They plan on having Hydra Cap lay low until the ending of CWII. It's not being ignored or swept under the rug.

Marvel.com: With the super hero community divided, and somewhat broken, as a result of the conflicts in Civil War II, how will Hydra and their sleeper agent, Captain America, take advantage?

Nick Spencer: Absolutely. Like the solicit says: in the aftermath of Civil War II, Tony Stark and Carol Danvers will both reach out to the person they trust the most, Steve Rogers. Unfortunately, he’s the last person they should go to for reasons only we know. Hydra will most definitely use this moment and exploit it.

I think this is crap, but I'll admit, the civil war retardation would have been even worse.

>I think Spencer does a decent job of presenting different political beliefs and the tensions from both sides.

Only in comparison to a chick tract.

Fuck benevolent. If they just showed them being efficient, and effective at stopping street crime, say with their biggest flaw being disporportionate use of force, ala Judge dredd.

Right. I'll give them that much. Although there's plenty of time for him to go full straw man next issue. And the politicians and police make up for the strawman deficit.

>Wait, are you guys implying I'm a racist? Jesus Christ.

>Although there's plenty of time for him to go full straw man next issue

Nah, it'll be the classic heroes-fight-over-misunderstanding-and-then-realize-they-need-to-work-together situation. He'll see that Sam was trying to deescalate the situation from a cell phone video or something, tell everyone to go home and then tell the Americop backers to suck his dick for trying to manipulate him while an American flag waves in the background.

Not having it be an eagle on his shoulder to symbolize his new found respect for sam.