youtube.com/watch?v=W5ih1IRIRxI
youtu.be/A9tZ1e_HidA?t=18m41s
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ej6-mQENXc
youtu.be/azdSntM0frY?t=41m7s
youtu.be/BaawYA_Yslg?t=1m34s
youtube.com/watch?v=kJjvdUmlcs4
youtube.com/watch?v=Yzo4Sqipl9o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's great, but I put it up there with Avatar: TLAB. Can't decide which really tops.

ATLA

Last 16 years? Either Over the Garden Wall or Avatar: The Last Airbender. both are fantastic for completely different reasons.

Yeah, ATLA.

And in my opinion, Flapjack too.

>talking about OtGW before autumn

Poor show OP

Samurai Jack

It's mid August, we're almost there.

The story is okay
Visuals medium
Music by the gods

Steven Universe and Avatar: The Last Air Bender they are at least 5000 times better and more interesting than this tasteless thing that has nothing to say.

>leeeel OTGW is masterpiece because it has expensive actors like elijah wood and christopher lloyd and it has expensive animation, it has only 10 episodes, omfg, this mean that it doesn't has filled !!!! only 10 episodeeesss nobody did this before

Bullshit ; OTGW doesn't has good characters or story.

It always bugs me when people draw "bad ending Wirt" and he's got those eyes and antlers. Like, no, he was just going to replace the woodsman, not be possessed by the beast

The Venture Bros

>Steven Universe
Thanks for the laugh

Vive la France!

>Steven Universe is shit because I hate the fandom

thanks for the laugh too

Can't tell if bait or actually autistic?

Tron Uprising

>OTGW doesn't has good characters or story.
hmmm. I can see your point. the show definitely had more atmosphere than it had strong characters or story. But it really depends on how much you value those elements to determine if its overall good or not. Personally I still like Wirt's character arc, and I think the show had a good use of thematic elements, and coupled with as you said, it's unusually good (or, if you'd rather, expensive) quality of animation for a tv show its pretty easily appealing.

Really I think as far as "it doesn't have good characters or story" goes, it's comparable to some other roadtrip stories like Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Wizard of Oz, etc. Those types usually have boring, static characters that are either pretty blank or flat caricatures that have few traits and not much going for them, and instead of a solid narrative they shuffle from one chapter to the next that may or may not be connected by theme, and can be hit or miss for the audience. These things aren't relying on characters or story for their appeal as much as tone and atmosphere, and possibly moral. And if you don't like them, or just one or more of them because you want better characters or story, that's fair.

It can work as a metaphor even if it wouldn't happen literally.

Bait

I never mentioned the fandom. I stay away from that shit.

Steven Universe is a bi-polar show that doesn't know what it wants to be, mediocre comedy, can't produce decent serious moments, unlike able characters.

You're forgetting Samurai Jack.
This is still pretty good though.

Why does France wish it could be anime?

Yeah gonna have to agree with everyone saying ATLA here. Over the Garden Wall was good but it was a short. 10 episodes, no matter how good, can't compare to a 3 season show that was iconic of the network during it's air.

This is an Artistic animation short that had a lot of atmosphere instead of a solid narrative:

youtube.com/watch?v=W5ih1IRIRxI

Not Over the Garden Wall; It is about a child believe that is a poet and throws his possessed completely out of place, which has a generic teen love story, his brother who is a copy of Mabel Pines but more "serious" and they both sing a bad song on a boat with frog people, is like a normal movie from pixar or dreamworks but pretending to be artistic, because the opening has piano music.

>Steven Universe is a bi-polar show that doesn't know what it wants to be, mediocre comedy, can't produce decent serious moments, unlike able characters.

that is Gravity Falls

>that is Gravity Falls
And Steven Universe

>OTGW doesn't has good characters
OTGW has Wirt, which is all it needed. The story had a clear and present theme- that fear can create hardships that wouldn't otherwise be there- that is not just exemplified through the story's events in each and every episode but through Wirt's overreaching arc, overcome through growth. Fear and insecurity made Wirt a douche and the events of the story helped him overcome himself.

Except Gravity Falls is good, it doesn't have any tumblr bullshit like SU. The story is great, the only bad thing about is it the ending because it is generic le happy end, Stan regains his memories even though by logic he should have stayed an amnesiac forever.

>Steven Universe
KEK

Gravity Falls was bang average

Steven Universe generally has the sense to keep the crappy jokes out of the same scenes as the dramatic stuff. Gravity Falls basically didn't know when to shut up at times because it always had to remind you it's a comedy show.

Kill yourself my man.

One okay season doesn't make it good, there was a lot of wasted potential across the board.

Gravity Falls:
youtu.be/A9tZ1e_HidA?t=18m41s
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ej6-mQENXc
youtu.be/azdSntM0frY?t=41m7s

Steven Universe:
youtu.be/BaawYA_Yslg?t=1m34s
youtube.com/watch?v=kJjvdUmlcs4
youtube.com/watch?v=Yzo4Sqipl9o

if you can't see the difference, I can't do anything for you

Mabel is probably one of the worst characters I've seen in my life

Sup Forums accepts it as an anime

>Mabel is probably one of the worst characters I've seen in my life
i didn't really like GF but shut the fuck up dude she was the best part

ATLA couldn't actually wrap up it's plot properly like OTGW did.

Great visuals and villains but the rest is pretty lousy.

Waifu is actually complete fucking garbage outside of the specials and movies.

A character not getting comeuppance doesn't make them a bad character.

What do you consider "Tumblr bullshit"? Because GF is much farther on the "women are pure, stupid dumb men" end of the scale than SU ever was.

Wow dude really?

I mean, maybe during season 1, but my mid season 2 everyone pretty much hated Mabel.

And she's the exact same character she was beginning of the show to the end.

Steben Uniberse is undisputedly the best animated series in human history tbqhwy

I really liked GF and you're dead wrong, Mabel, especially in the last season, was by far the worst part of the show.

Steven Universe is formula as any other sitcom
but lacks the self awareness and humor shows like Phineas and Ferb does

When it weakens the writing that surrounds them then yes it does.

Yeah, say what you will about SU but it never had a "Girl power" episode like GF, or a "Things are so hard for girls as a gender" undercurrent running under every other thing. Which is weird because things ARE difficult for the girls in SU but there's never been a focus on that.

>Steven Universe is formula as any other sitcom
... how though

>hey steven we do things this way!
>no i wanna do it this way!
>oh okay we can find a middle ground after we cry though!

>
>Except Gravity Falls is good, it doesn't have any tumblr bullshit like SU
>SU makes a point that everyone is a bastard at some point except the one male hero and his father
>Brother constantly get's fucked over by sister because "mu feelings"
Listen, if you hate SU that's fine but this delusion that GF is less "tumblr" then SU is dead wrong and quite pathetic.

the last season was shit, i gave up a few episodes after ford showed up. i dont remember mabel being worse though.

Self-aware humor is the biggest cancer in all of fiction. Fuck off back to TV Tropes writing forum.

Gravity Falls botched it's ending

>Waifu is actually complete fucking garbage outside of the specials and movies.

There are no Wakfu movies. And there was nothing exceptionally different about the OVAs that wasn't also done in the series. If you don't like the Wakfu series then you don't really like Wakfu.

But there were a lot of episodes where Steven was just plain wrong without any middle ground stuff at the end, he's just wrong.

And there was just as many episodes where the characters still disagree with each other at the end without any compromise.

I don't think you watched the show.

What movies? What Specials? It had a series and an OVA. That's it.

What about Mystery Inc.?
It's basically Gravity Falls if Alex didn't fuck up the ending.

Samurai Jack and Avatar (including Korra for Beginnings) had better highs than OTGW, maybe Steven Universe.

OTHW is by far the most consistent all around package, mostly because it was a prebuilt miniseries. There were 10 episodes, and honestly not a single one was bad.

At worst it was "good", at best it was "great", and as a whole it was "amazing", but there wasn't a single truly "fantastic" episode.

>hurr durr don't be bad with mabel, because she is yoouuuur siiiisteeeer , don't be bad with your sister, she can do whatever she wants, because is your sister hurr durr , omfg Stan has a twin, plot twist, omfg mysteriees we are Lost now, don't be bad with mabel is your sister hurr durr

GF in a nutshell

Lost is bullshit, by the way

Don't mistake me for the other user

>It's basically Gravity Falls if Alex didn't fuck up the ending.
Except it was actually good for the show's run, unlike Gravity Falls

I actually don't know how I ended up responding to Accident I suppose.

My top 10 shows of the last 16years in no particular order

ATLA
Wander over Yonder
Bojack Horseman
Steven Universe
Rick and Morty
Samurai Jack
Edd Ed n eddy
Symbiotic Titan
Batman
Chowder

I didn't really care OTGW honestly

This

Honestly the best Scooby Doo adaptation ever. An on going mystery with actual character development (Plus we got to see Daphne sing in a goth rock bad which was cool).

good taste m8

btw, which batman ?

The best show isn'tthe one with no flaws, but the one that is best overal and that reach a higher high, so it is ATLA.

Don't use Sup Forums definition to determine if something is good, you end up with something plain and uninspired.

My personal top ten would be

Spectacular Spider-Man
Over the Garden Wall
TMNT 2K3
A:TLA
Avengers EMH
Gravity Falls
GI Joe Renegades
Netflix Voltron
GL:TAS
Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated

A+ response user.

>Because GF is much farther on the "women are pure, stupid dumb men" end of the scale than SU ever was.

THIS

its basically Gravity Falls if there were actual mysteries
lots of foreshadowing does not make for a mystery show

>including Korra for Beginnings
But Beginnings was awful.

I still think ATLA is the best, but Moral Orel sure come close

I get where you're coming from. ATLA had really high highs, but on average ATLA was a lot lower than others listed here. Plus, the biggest flaw is one that cripples the entire narrative, instead of something you can overlook.

Not gonna include adaptations:
>OTGW
>Samurai Jack
>The Venture Bros.
>Futurama (pre-revival)
>Xavier: Renegade Angel
>Clone High
>SU
>Bojack Horseman
>GF
>Wander Over Yonder
>ATLA

>Steve Universe
Kek no.

August is pretty much pre-Halloween.

And here we have a weak effort to make SU fans look even worse.

I I r8 7/10, not a pleb taste.

What? Wrong post?

Justice League: Unlimited

This user knows what's up.

It's better that a show try and fail than a show aim for mediocrity, and while OTGW is a very good package, it doesn't really have aspirations much higher than just delivering a solid package which, while admirable and likely the best option, limited its potential.

So many wrong opinions on this thread.

>Venture Bros
hell yeah. i feel like i never see it mentioned. its seriously brilliant

No it's shit because of the lame character designs, soft and floaty animation, safe and boring pastel color palette, both of which lead to uninteresting action sequences, schizophrenic tone, flat and boring framing and blocking but only when it's not ripping off direct frames from anime, leading the show to have a unique premise yet no real identity, soft, safe, bland soundtrack and blatant homosexual shipping and pandering, don't give me that asexual space rock crap.

What's going on in this thread?
Also is right too

More like at worse it meh.

I just couldn't get into some of the stories and the characters were forgetable.

Funny you'd mention Flapjack, since Pat McHale and friends worked on Flapjack as well as Over the Garden Wall.

Even though I don't personally like SU and I've never watched Symbiotic Titan, I think you have swell taste user.

HATES GREAT. BEST VILLAIN.