Dunkirk

>Despite the hype and gushing from other movie critics, I found little to like about any of the new movies in theaters this weekend, including the Batman director’s “World War II” movie, which is a politically correct joke.

>* Dunkirk – Rated PG-13: The vast fraternity of mainstream (a/k/a liberal) movie critics is gushing over this, which generally means only one thing: it’s horrible. And that truism is applicable here. I hated this.

>And I think one of the reasons the groupthink critics love this, is that there are no Nazis to see. No swastikas whatsoever. Even though in real life, the Nazis were the ones who pushed British and French soldiers to the beach at Dunkirk during World War II, you wouldn’t know it by watching this slog of a snuff film. Director Christopher Nolan deliberately excluded anything with a hint of Nazi to it because he said he didn’t want to get into “politics” and wanted to make it “universal.” It reminds me of far-left nutjob Oliver Stone’s “World Trade Center” (read my review), the 9/11 flick that would have you believe the culprits could be outer space aliens or some other unknown malefactor, as no Muslims are seen as perpetrators in any way, shape or form. This lack of depicting the identity of mortal enemies is despicable. And this movie is, therefore, despicable. I guess we don’t want to offend 1) Germans, 2) all of the Muslims around the world who think Hitler was a great guy and who’ve made Mein Kampf an evergreen best-seller on the Muslim street, and 3) everyone else who hates the West and celebrates those who mass murder Western soldiers. I guess this should be no surprise, given that one of the stars of this is an anti-Semitic Israel-boycotting scumbag.

>On top of that, the movie is a dud. It’s loud, noisy, disjointed, and choppy. And a total bore. Sure, there is lots (and lots and lots and lots more) loud, urgent music throughout (bring your earplugs, as I did). But there is really no story. There are just three sets of actors in three vignettes that have nary a plot to be spoken of. The story of Dunkirk–of Nazis brutally driving Allied soldiers to the beach to pick them off while they were on ships, waiting to board ships, and the like–deserved to be told. But it really wasn’t told here. Instead, we are treated to multiple scenes of bombings of ships, of soldiers brutally drowning. The killing is vivid, way too vivid, and it hits you over the head over and over again–and, as noted previously, without letting you know who is doing the killing. Also, the dialogue hard to understand because the British accents are so heavy, the dialogue so fast and muffled, the music superimposed upon it so loud, and so on, that I needed a British Ebonics translator (and none was offered).

>The aforementioned three vignettes are interspersed with each other. The first is a French soldier and a British one who barely escape the Nazi onslaught in the city and at the beach, they seize a stretcher with a wounded soldier on it, thinking it will get them ahead of the long lines of soldiers waiting to board the ships. But, by doing so, they aren’t escaping disaster, but rather chasing it, as the ships get attacked. Then, there is a British pilot (Tom Hardy) who is trying to stop the German pilots (you’d hardly know they are German because, again, they don’t tell you and the insignia isn’t there). And, finally, there is an older man who owns one of the many private boats commissioned by the British government to cross the English Channel and transport British soldiers from the beach.

>The man is on the ship with his teen son and the son’s friend. It should be noted that the ship owner is played by Mark Rylance, an open Jew-hater who hates Israel, supports the boycott of it, and who–as I noted on this site–had a tantrum prior to the Oscars ceremony a year or so ago, when Israel donated free trips in the goody bags of Oscar nominees and presenter.

>Yes, Rylance is as sh–ty as this movie. As in, very.

>ONE-AND-A-HALF MARXES

>Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets – Rated PG-13: This is another big-budget bore. This movie has drawn buzz because it’s the largest budgeted film ever for an “indie” movie, with a budget of $180 million. (For those unfamiliar, an indie movie is one not produced by one of the six biggest studios.) And it’s a disappointment for me because it’s written and directed by someone whose work I usually like, director/producer/writer Luc Besson. This is his pet project that he’s been dreaming of doing for years, and now it is everyone else’s movie nightmare. It’s based on a popular French series of sci-fi, futuristic comic books based on the two lead characters, Valerian and Laureline.

>If you want to see the worst, most laughable, leftie, predictable elements of Avatar, Star Wars (and its sequels/prequels), Sesame Street, and other similar sci-fi movies all slapped together, then this is your movie. For everyone else, it’s unoriginal and derivative and not in an entertaining way. On top of that, stars Dane DeHaan as Valerian and Cara Delevingne as Laureline are stiff, stilted, and have zero chemistry, even though they are supposed to be romantically attracted to each other. None. Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford this is not. Not sure who cast this, but they should be fired.

>The story: the various planets in the universe have banded together to form a colony and work and live together. Valerian and Laureline are crime-fighting astronauts. Valerian has a dream about a planet populated by bald, pale white aliens who wear almost nothing and who power their planet using energy from pearls. But their planet is destroyed by someone who has bombed and blown it up, and the princess gets killed in the process.

>Only a few members of the royal family survive. Soon, Valerian and Laureline learn that the story isn’t just a dream, but is true. And, per usual, evil, greedy, power-hungry humans (who selfishly obliterate indigenous populations) did it–their commander, to be specific. In the meantime, Valerian and Laureline investigate something allegedly going on in a virtual reality shopping mall or town (hard to tell if it’s one or the other) on a desert-like planet populated by Avatar-like creatures who look like Jar Jar Binks from the Star Wars prequel movies. Laureline is kidnapped by them and Valerian has to find her. All of it is kind of confusing because so much is going on here and there are so many characters. For instance, there are three miniature aliens who tattletale and have big mouths. They look like the character Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street. And their purpose in the movie is unclear.

>There are only three scenes in this movie that I enjoyed and found entertaining . . . and one of them is a striptease by Rihanna. When that’s the best thing in a movie, you know it’s not very good. At the beginning of the movie, a montage of various meetings between Earth’s astronauts and officials meeting with various aliens from outer space over the years and generations is cool. You see the various humans age and then be replaced by new ones, meeting ever more and more outlandish-looking alien creatures and shaking their hands. And the Rihanna strip routine doesn’t really involve much removal of clothing or any nudity. Rihanna is Bubbles, an imprisoned alien creature who works for Ethan Hawke, a wacky club owner. To entertain Valerian, she morphs into various characters and works the pole, but it’s not dirty.

Where are all the AMERICANS at dunkirrrk I would have been able to understand them? Why do they even let roasties review movies

>The man is on the ship with his teen son and the son’s friend. It should be noted that the ship owner is played by Mark Rylance, an open Jew-hater who hates Israel, supports the boycott of it, and who–as I noted on this site–had a tantrum prior to the Oscars ceremony a year or so ago, when Israel donated free trips in the goody bags of Oscar nominees and presenter.

If he was a Jew Hater, why did he become a favourite of Speilberg's to work with as of late?

>America
>At Dunkirk
>Before Pearl Harbour

lots of american jews dont give a fuck about Israel, making israeli jews call them antisemitic
u need to be a jew to understand

She couldn't understand the accents she probably wanted Americans there so she could understand

Anti-Israel not Jews is my guess

>lots of american jews dont give a fuck about Israel
keep thinking that

>if you like this move you're and antisemitic nazi that hates Our Greatest Ally™

a lot of jews hate israel because a jewish homeland means they have no excuse to keep leeching off of other countries

> British Ebonics translator

haha, Debbie you stupid bitch

It's been since I seen a debbie thread.

A ha ha ha. Your Presidents of both parties suck the cut cock of Jewish PACs before, during and after their terms.

user american jews are the very reason Israel exists. their constantly bribing goyem politicians to give taxpayer money to jews over there or for wars to protect israel from the naughty arabs (not saudis though, they are supreme shabbos goyem) or persians.

>this movie was clearly made to support muslim sensibilities and the feelings of those who want white soldiers to die
I... Really don't know if I've ever seen a more retarded opinion in my life
Who the fuck is this chick

a kike. the movie doesn't paint nazis as subhuman demons so she got triggered.

Pwned by a woman

>2) all of the Muslims around the world who think Hitler was a great guy and who’ve made Mein Kampf an evergreen best-seller on the Muslim street

wtf, i love islam now

>Who the fuck is this chick
Debbie Schlussel.

Reality:
>Germans let the Allied forces retreat from Dunkirk
Roastie-think:
>Nazis were evil monsters so they must have wanted to crush them. Everything else is propaganda.

>I guess this should be no surprise, given that one of the stars of this is an anti-Semitic Israel-boycotting scumbag
americucks lol. wouldn't want to question our greatest ally now would we

Israel support is the biggest virtue signal from conservatives.

Then why don't American lefty jews question the Apartheid state Israel is currently doing?

>jew-hater in movie
Count me in
Also
>conflating criticism of Israeli policy with anti-semitism
The eternal jew strikes again.