How do you deal with people who don't read comics...

How do you deal with people who don't read comics, but they think they know everything because they saw the latest Disney-Marvel movie?

I ignore them.

I seek to educate, not argue. Since 9 out of 10 people who watch movies or read comics have a smartphone in their pocket, it's easy to back up your words with proof.

I try to do the same. The problem is that they live in denial and it ends up like OP's picture. I ignore them when they are entitled to their own opinions.

I don't.

link em to a wiki, or better, short youtube video even if the anouncer is crap, or better still a comic page in question

It's never come up.
Well it did once. I still felt embarrassed for even thinking it was important to correct. They obviously didn't care.

I comparatively don't know that much about Marvel or DC either, I don't think I've read anything from either since New X-Men.

most of the people I talk to about superheroes only watch the movies and straight admit they only watched the movies or cartoon.

Don't.

Just lol at them and shakeyourhead...

I attempt to tell them to read comics/correct them but they almost never care, so I've started to ignore them.
Though it feels amazing to blow casuals out

I have a friend like this, completely obsessed with Marvel and to some extent DC, never read a comic in his life but often tries to tell me and our other friends about storylines or characters. It's really annoying.

I stop browsing the Internet.

>tfw i read stuff on wikis and complain how the movies were so different from the comics i never read

I mostly read comics that aren't marvel / dc anyway.

I don't understand wiki people. Like, if you're interested in the material, why not watch/read it instead of reading about it.

You mean like Sup Forums?
I'm just here for the storytimes and wednesdays.

Because it means an effort, and do something is completely against this faggots creed.

Barriers to entry. Many don't have a clue where to begin with Marvel or DC because of the continuity aspect and people are often opposed to not reading things from the very beginning because it's not how you consume other media. There's also the fact that many people have no way (or don't know of a way) that they can read what they want or have an LCS and it's a significant investment to get into comics in the first place (legally). Probably the biggest though is social stigma, even now when superheroes are mainstream it's generally still seen as weird and nerdy to read comics.

I certainly wouldn't argue with a child.

I don't think it really matters. It bums me out when people use the word comics to mean solely superhero stuff but that's nothing to argue over. I just try to stay positive and educate whoever is actually interested. Comics are really cool and I do whatever I can to get people to read them.

I think the biggest reason, by far, is that there aren't many central/big places to read (or "stream") Western comics online.

The thing about manga is that it's easy as hell to read scanlations since 1) at least a handful of groups scanlate the biggest stuff, meaning there are multiple places to read it and 2) there are many big catch-all sites to read these, and even if they get taken down, others pop up fairly quickly.

I know of one major "streaming" comic site, but it's obvious that it might get taken down at any second. And if that does happen, there aren't many places to step up and replace it. So, people tend to be a lot quieter, a lot more "lol you don't know how to pirate comics? pleb!" about their shit, so that they can keep the fun to themselves, which generally keeps newbies in the dark.

Comparatively, everyone knows and talks about Mangastream and nobody gives a flying fuck -- from there, places to read back chapters for free aren't too difficult to find.

Sometimes I want to research material before I invest in a sory, same way you read a book review or research a book before reading. Maybe it got bad reveiws, maybe I didn't know about a cameo. Maybe it had an interesting history or a hero I know little about is in it and I was to know who they are without reading all their comics

>I have to prove their knowledge of comics is wrong!
Why? Who the fuck cares? This isn't like, I don't know, someone's knowledge of cars or the stock market where it could cost them their life or thousands of dollars.

okay you've seen me go to the store and buy comics, and the only reason i put youtube videos on comic shit is because no one else puts anything on and it's the only thing on my recommended list