In "Lights Out" they said that the Emotional Spectrum has a finite source of energy and resides in the Source Wall...

In "Lights Out" they said that the Emotional Spectrum has a finite source of energy and resides in the Source Wall, but this is was never mention before by Johns. As i remember Johns didn't actually say if the source is infinite or is limited, because he only says that is a energy that every being in the universe can use and fed the Spectrum, and it's only a energy channel by the lantern of the various corps. He later said that Volthoom teaches the Guardian of this kind of energy, and even then the previous Guardian (and the new actually) didn't know about this.

So, what is it then? Jonhs mention that before and i simply forgot about it or miss read it, or Venditti is just ignoring the continuity?

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad english.

>or Venditti is just ignoring the continuity?

My understanding is that this is the case and he himself has dropped the limited emotions thing because it's dumb

It's Venditti's fault. Anyway, it can be retconned way just saying "Relic was wrong, new universe works differently" thanks to the empty hand at the birth of the universe, krona's shenanigans, etc.

Why is the emotional spectrum limited to the human visible light spectrum? Is there an infrared spectrum that contains "ennui", or an ultraviolet one that represents "fernweh"?

>or Venditti is just ignoring the continuity?
It was a Venditti invention

that he himself has mostly been ignoring, and I get the feeling he regrets doing it

extremely high frequency microwaves are the light of the shitposting corps.

I know very little about green lantern, where should I start Sup Forums

How far back are you willing to go?

As far as needed

The Red Lanterns are the best.

Well there's the old Golden Age stuff.
Then there was his change to villain due to the destruction of Coast City.

>Destruction of Coast City
Death of Superman
Funeral for a Friend
Reign of the Supermen
Return of Superman

Then Hal turned Paralax and became bad:
>Parallax Hal
Green Lantern v3 #46-47 (destruction of Coast City)
Green Lantern v3 #48-50 (Emerald Twilight)
Zero Hour (#4-0)
Green Lantern v3 #0 (immediate follow up to Zero Hour)
Green Lantern v3 #63-64 (Parallax View)
The Final Night (#1-3, Parallax: Emerald Night, #4)
Green Lantern v3 #81 (Hal's funeral)
Green Lantern v3 #100-106 (Emerald Knights)
Green Lantern Legacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan (Followup after Hal's death)

Then he was the Spectre
>Spectre Hal
Day of Judgement #1-5
JLA #35
Green Lantern v3 #119
Legends of the DCU #33-36
JSA #16-20
The Spectre v4 #1-27
JLA/Spectre Soul War #1-2
Young Justice #42
Green Arrow v3 #7
Deadman: Dead Again #1-5
JSA #60-62

Then comes the Johns stuff which is most popular around here.
Starts with Green Lantern Rebirth, not the current event. And just keep reading the Johns stuff til it stops.

Nice, thanks user

>There was the Golden Age
>Then the change to Kyle

You just skipped over like 30 years worth of shit user and arguably the best times for Hal.

The "Hal is a retard" years?

The "Hal is an indomitable force of will" years.

But that implies the source wall was affected by Flashpoint. How is that possible?

>the "I haven't read these comics" years

Silver Age GL is great, disregarding the 12 meme panels that people repost over and over

GL 50-75 is some great stuff

>someone saved the reading list I made

The limited amount of emotion energy wasn't so much bad as irrelevant since Light's Out ended with Kyle refilling the source with the entities. If Kyle didn't come back or if there were no more entities then that would be a problem but he did come back and Hal is showing signs of becoming an replacement will entity.

Presumably millennia later when it needs refilling again a new spectrum of entities will be there as well as a white lantern to refuel the reservoir.

Plus there were those Darkest Knights things that the GL corps beat in the previous universe, probably explaining why this universe has a white lantern and the other differences.

>Hal is showing signs of becoming an replacement will entity.

He's just aping Kyle again by becoming the original Ion. I'm doubtful if space whale is coming back.

How come they made Love so weak? It's basically on par with Rage on power and instability.

Relic was wrong and retarded and is a shitty villain

He'd be best as a neutral third party as he was in the Futures End issue. Just a guy trying to science it up in space.

Indigo Lantern the best!!!!

I just hand wave him as being from a universe in different multiverse (not the one before ours that died) that worked with unique laws about emotions and wrongly applied his universe to the main one.

they should just make that canon

I mean, Relic didn't have shit for proof of what he was saying, everybody just took him at face value

What do they even do again?

Why is Love only shown as romantic love and why do they brainwash everyone?
There is fatherly love, love for concepts, etc. but all I see are half naked femals crying over someone lost. Sure they're not sadness or something like that?

Well John got a sapphire ring because he loved the GLC

But yeah the star sapphires are poorly designed and not fleshed out well

Pretty sure the first proper Star Sapphire we saw who got a ring got one because of her sister dying.

I think it's just laziness though.

Finite emotion was retarded and we are all going to pretend it didn't happen.

Now if only we could do the same for the rainbow corps

Mindrape you into being nice/one of them. That's it.

It's less romantic more obsessive stalker I cut off a bit of your hair when you were asleep and ate it kind of love.

It's why one of their big powers is teleporting to their loves

Well it's not like half of the corps make you slave of the emotion it represents.
I would like to see a run where this is not the case and every colour has characters with motivations beyond I'm mad, I'm scarry or I'm in love. Sure tjis key emotion should be a defining force but please let it not be the only one.

Also stay the fuck away from Earth

In Venditti's run there was a rogue Star Sapphire criminal who was powered by the love she had for her people/crime gang.

Was that Miri Riam? I thought her fiance died

"IT'S BOILING MY EYES!!!"

Yeah that seems perfect actually

It's Venditti's idea of a tweest that flipped the universe on it's head. It was revealed during Godhead IIRC, that Kyle has the power to refill the reservoirs due to the vast power of being the White Lantern, so technically even Venditti's tweest doesn't count anymore.

>It's basically on par with Rage on power and instability.
Do you not remember Johns explained that the emotional spectrum functions where the closer to the center of it a sentiment may be the more controllable it may be by the ringslinger. The further out from the center the more the sentiment controls its ringslinger. When you look at the breakdown, Rage and Love are on opposite ends of the spectrum, but they are the furthest from the center. Of course Violet feels on par with Red. It's intended to be that way.

>during Godhead
It was during Lights Out, i.e. the same event that introduced the stupid idea in the first place. Venditti's been ignoring it almost since he introduced it (unless acknowledging it gave him another opportunity to shit on Hal of course)