Full Star Trek: Discovery crew

full Star Trek: Discovery crew

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FRvVbwwRNAQ
insiders.morningstar.com/trading/board-of-directors.action?t=CBS.A®ion=usa&culture=en-US
youtu.be/zdQy48dmJcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That looks surprisingly good.
They changed the transporters into normal ones
Added lighting
The cast looks good too

I don't understand, did they listen to the fans or something? This picture gives me hope that this will be a decent show after all

Why so many white people?

>all reviews pointing to disaster
>quick release photos to show there are some white men

Not a single Trek fan I've spoken to has any intention to watch this. Even Seth McFarlane's comedy looks better.

Looks fine. Still not sold on doing another pre-TOS show but we'll see.

Why the fuck isn't this a post-DS9/VOY show again?

>forced diversity bullshit
fuck this shit
now star trek too?
is there a single series (((they))) won't touch??
bet it will be full of commie themes too

The picture is specifically to show the cast. The show still looks like grimdark reboot with movie camera angles.

Nice bait

>original series had a half alien, a Russian, and a black woman as main crew members
lol

Well, that was fast

>Why the fuck isn't this a post-DS9/VOY show again?

This. Endless amounts of this.

>a female lead that is actually likeable and doesn't feel forced

i'm shocked

>not sold on doing another pre-TOS
That's my major problem with this.

Captain Orca is played by a Jewish man, Jason Isaacs.

Lt Stamets - The only white man of the crew is played by actor Anthony Rapp, a homosexual.

dude just turn off you brain lmao

>reviews
>of a show that no one's watched

>Even Seth McFarlane's comedy looks better.

Nice meme opinion, reddit.

>He likes the look of STD
>Has the audacity to pretend he's not a faggot

Kirk and Nemoy were jewish.

>look mom I'm meming on the internet
>not screencapping this so she can put it on the fridge

So this is what accounts for that upvote wit of an average redditor huh. Banal, many such cases. Sad!.

Is Michelle Yeoh the ultimate Asian MILF?

So glad the federation had advanced far enough to train zoo apes how to fly spaceships

Nice quip, reddit.

Fuck off chad.

Good one, a post truly worth of reddit gold, reddit.

Can you BE anymore reddit?

I don't know, can you?

one of them is a fag

Does the asian lady have nice feet ?

Why is she greeting like that? She's not Vulcan

She was adopted by Vulcans, her shtick is that "muh vulcans thought I was inferior to them, and kept me down"

fucking niggers and their gang signs

Wonderful

I thought they cured that?

>one of them is a fag

Yeah, the whitest looking of them, of course.

Where captain kirk and spock and the gang

Because then the producers would have to think up new and interesting ideas. Instead, we get to see things we already know and recognize, just with updated aesthetics.

because they want a new audience too that doesn't have to have autistic knowledge about shows that ended 20 years ago

Makes the Enterprise series crew look absolutely stunning by comparison.

Are you under the impression that Star Trek isn't one of the easiest shows to just pick up and watch? 90 percent of the episodes are entirely stand alone with easy to follow parables or myseries. It's the scifi equivalent of Law & Order.

he's a homosexual irl too

>everyone wearing captain's uniform

departments aren't color coded for whatever reason.

Trek fans are the fucking worst. They constantly complain about ENT, VOY and DS9 not being "true" Trek, this is just a new Trek franchise for them to hate on.

Basically anything that isn't a TNG re-run is a reason for these sperglords to throw a tantrum.

HELLA DIVERSE

They are on the trim, but they're coded gold, silver and bronze which you can't easily tell apart, especially in grimdark scenes.

WTF I LOW DISCOVERY NOW BECAUSE I HATE TNG
THANK YOU BASED CBS SHILL

Can you?

Bait.

UPN shill.

I can't wait to see Star Trek getting raped by Hollywood

wtf? 3 white males and a white male in an alien mask?

I was told this would be an SJWfest, I bought a chastity cage and everything

Fucking cultural appropriation!

I just can't get interested in this at all. The last show I watched all the way through was DS9.

1jew, 1 arab, 1 faggot, 1 nigger 1 chink. There is only one white one on the pic and it's the girl, and I think she will get a bbc love interest

No U

She's been smoking hot for a long time.

that black chick is like
>this is the coolest trek ever
and everyone else is like
>this is the lamest trek ever

Would this be considered cultural appropriation?

>DS9
>not real Trek

Ya blew it, Mr. Marketer. Everyone loves DS9, including hardcore trekkies such as myself. The only reason people dislike VOY and ENT are because the plots suck ass, and even then most people still recognize ENT had an okay third and fourth season.

>tfw the MMO came up with a better period-appropriate Shenzhou than the show did

So basically Spock's story in the new Star Trek movies? Fascinating.

I love DS9 and after watching ENT a second time it's pretty enjoyable for the most part.

VOY will always be a dumpster fire version of TNG, though. Nothing can get around that, I'm afraid.

Yep, pretty much sums it up.

There are two captains in the cast, captain of the Discover and Michelle Yeoh as captain of the Shenzhou.

Since the show is called Discovery, I am predicting she will die in the first episode, the Shenzhou will be destroyed and Sasha joins the Discovery crew.

i am the trek fan and i didn't like only ENT. It's unwatchable crap. I stopped after few episodes.

i enjoyed very much every other franchise. DS9 is my favorite. Where is your god now?

discovery looks shitty but i'm gonna give it a chance

Because suits think good storytelling and impressive visuals are just a bonus.
You just know, that they get a pitch and decide solely on the basis of that. They dont care about the specifics of the stories, not about a proper showrunner - nothing.
Thats exactly why and how we got Discovery.

>Why so many white people?

Show needs to have the bad goy and effeminate faggot.

It's really weird to me they keep trying to recapture performance of Spock by tossing in a Vulcan or Vulcan-like character, completely failing to realize that Nimoy made Spock Spock, and you can't just redo it with another character like Tuvok or T'pal. The only reason Data worked as 'Spock 2.0' was because his character was so vastly different from the Vulcan mindset while still being logically minded.

No U?

You have to be over 18 to post.

Wrong. There's a reason Enterprise went with one of these and not the other. 70s era designs belong in the 70s.

>we are captains n shieeet vulcans be keeping us down yo

whats crawled up your butt you fucking fag

>Wrong. There's a reason Enterprise went with one of these and not the other. 70s era designs belong in the 70s.

The reason being that the whole notion of these prequels is too absurd to sell to any audience if done right.

>>we are captains n shieeet vulcans be keeping us down yo

HUMAN LIVES MATTER!!!!

The reasons why VOY is disliked are inconsistent writing (captain is randomly as by the book as captain can be and in next episode she burns the book), they ditch the idea of being stranded and low on supplies almost immediately and finally there are plenty of bad episodes picked up from TNG's discard pile.

>i am the trek fan and i didn't like only ENT. It's unwatchable crap. I stopped after few episodes.

4th season of ENT is probably the most consistent quality Trek there is. The problem is that they came up with idea of everything being manipulated from the future and that undermined the whole point of being prequel.

Doug Drexler subverted the idea of using the Akira with little to no modification as told to do by Berman, pic kinda related.

who cares, give it a couple of years people will praise it anyway
even so if it gets cancelled
just like all the ent faggots are doing these days

It's a fantasy.

>no woman

Are they implying women have never been a part of Star Trek or something?

Because, again, Endgame broke the setting. The Feds are functionally invincible once they distribute future tech throughout the fleet and no one's stopping them from doing it. Voyager upgraded to that tech in days with no shipyard support and a show about Armor Of Invincibility Feds and Super 1-Shot Torpedoes would be hella boring.

>To lead the writing, [CBS] looked to showrunner Bryan Fuller… [who] for years publicly lobbied for the return of ‘Trek’ to television, specifically with a black woman at the fore.

>“I couldn’t stop thinking about how many black people were inspired by seeing Nichelle Nichols on the bridge of a ship,” Fuller says. “I couldn’t stop thinking about how many Asian people were inspired by seeing George Takei and feeling that gave them hope for their place in the future. I wanted to be part of that representation for a new era.”

>Fuller sat with CBS executives to deliver his pitch. It wasn’t just for a ‘Trek’ series but for multiple serialized anthology shows that would begin with the ‘Discovery’ prequel, journey through the eras of Captain James T. Kirk and Captain Jean-Luc Picard, and then go beyond to a time in ‘Trek’ that’s never been seen before.

>“The original pitch was to do for science fiction what ‘American Horror Story’ had done for horror,” Fuller says. “It would platform a universe of ‘Trek’ shows.”

>CBS countered with the plan of creating a single serialized show and then seeing how it performed. It was a fair compromise, yet demonstrated the first conflict of vision between a powerful company and an inventive writer that would eventually lead to a dramatic falling-out.

>The studio hired [veteran procedural director] David Semel… to direct the ‘Discovery’ pilot against Fuller’s wishes. (Fuller and CBS had no comment on this.) The two clashed in pre-production, with sources saying Fuller thought he was wrong for the job.

1/2

>[Perhaps] the biggest issue was trying to launch ‘Discovery’ by January 2017, a date some felt was unrealistic. Fuller was striving to design the new show’s uniforms, sets, and aliens, while also figuring out his first seasons’ complex arc.

>[CBS] executives say there were frustrated that, giving the ticking clock, Fuller was spending so much time on his equally ambitious Starz show, ‘American Gods,’ which was simultaneously shooting its debut season.

>In September 2016, CBS pushed ‘Discovery’s’ premiere date to May to give the production more runway… a few weeks later Fuller felt he found the crucial piece of the puzzle when he met with [Sonequa] Martin-Green to play his lead, Michael Burnham.

>Yet even that decision ran into a seemingly insurmountable roadblock because AMC would not release the actress until her ‘Walking Dead’ character died on screen in April. The only way the production could hire Martin-Greene was if the show’s premiere was delayed a second time.

>In October, after months of backstage tension, CBS Television Studios asked Fuller to step down as showrunner… [the] captain’s chair was filled by [Aaron] Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg, two writers Fuller had worked with for years.

>Some of Fuller’s ideas were tossed, however — from the more heavily allegorical and complex story line to his choice of uniforms (a subdued spin on the original series’ trio of primary colors).

>“I got to dream big,” Fuller says. “I was sad for a week, and then I salute the ship and compartmentalize my experience.”

>Many months later, Fuller saw the ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ trailer. How did he feel watching that? Fuller pauses: “What I can say is… my reaction was that I was happy to see a black woman and an Asian woman in command of a starship.”

2/2

Wtf, her face is hideous

It's 2017. Today's audience never had contact with Star Trek shows before so a leading woman is noteworthy.

Data worked as Spock 2.0 because even though Data and Spock were very similar in terms of being ruled by logic, Data wanted to be more human while Spock rejected his humanity. Data acted as foil for Spock rather than just as a replacement for him which is a fresh take on an old dynamic.

youtube.com/watch?v=FRvVbwwRNAQ

>Because, again, Endgame broke the setting.

In comes the time police to fix the timeline. Janeway(s) BTFO

Shit so it turns out Fuller actually did get fired

The youngest person on the CBS board of directors is 62. Does this really surprise you?

insiders.morningstar.com/trading/board-of-directors.action?t=CBS.A®ion=usa&culture=en-US

The time police let Janeway rewrite 30 years of history and didn't lift a finger.

>Some of Fuller’s ideas were tossed, however — from the more heavily allegorical and complex story line to his choice of uniforms (a subdued spin on the original series’ trio of primary colors).

Isn't the federation the least likely to use time travel to its advantage?

>that image

Reminds me of this:
youtu.be/zdQy48dmJcs

Their faces man, genuinely startled.

But it's true.

>Bryan Fuller… [who] for years publicly lobbied for the return of ‘Trek’ to television, specifically with a black woman at the fore.
this is a sickness

Does Sup Forums really have a problem with this? The black girl is a fucking cutie!