Was this scene the last nail in the coffin of Alien Covenant...

Was this scene the last nail in the coffin of Alien Covenant? Do you think it was too in your face and made a mediocre movie a bad one?

Is the sequel going to follow up or will it do the same that covenant did to Prometheus? David is just gonna pull the plug on them both in cryosleep to get rid of any loose ends getting in the way of his plan surely?

>Make Prometheus
>It sucks, everyone hates it
>Make Alien Covenant
> It sucks even more, everyone hates it

Stop ruining your own legacy you old fart. Just drink an Arnold Palmer in Key West or something.

I thought Covenant was better than Prometheus. Still, Ridley Scott should step back and let Neill Blomkamp make Alien 5.

???

was a cool scene

Did David actually put bedbugs in her coffin? That was a fucking nasty joke

You said nothing correct in that entire post.

Congratulations

>mad scientist
>two humans
>two alien embryos

You do the maths.

>tfw no qt Daniels in the sequel
;_;

Do you think David still has his hand and plans to re-attatch it? It's bugging me that he hacked it off.

Free Hat

Long hair suits her face so much more. Definitely cute.

i honestly dont get how she "found out"

his reaction was far too neutral for her to make the conclusion that he switched places

FOX has said it's "reassessing" the Alien franchise. So this shit is over and done with it.

But he still has Blade Runner to ruin.

The scene felt twilight-zoneish, and I was so disappointed by the movie up until that point I actually enjoyed it.

If they hadn't telegraphed David grabbing a weapon during the synth fight, it probably would've worked out better, that ruined the whole final act for me personally. The "twist" still would have been pretty apparent, but you could have at least held out hope that the good guy made it off the planet.

It was not an 'objective' deduction by Daniels. It's not that it must be David because he doesn't know what she's talking about, it's that Walter doesn't care. It comes back to Daniels viewing the colonisation mission as some romantic adventure where she can build a log cabin with some caring guy and they can live happily ever after, but the ending turns the colony ship into a prison, and the caring guy into a soulless corporate employee.

Thankfully he actually has very little to do with the Blade Runner sequel.

It was the pause that did it. It was made pretty clear that Walter had developed feelings for Daniels, they clearly both felt very comfortable around each other and the conversation flowed well between them. When she asks David if they'll build the log cabin together he pauses to assess whether it's a trick or not to catch him out. The real Walter would have answered immediately "Of course" or something and been very upbeat and positive.

The whole switcheroo was telegraphed so far in advance it was ridiculous though. Would have much preferred if David had waited to cut his hair until a lot later on. Either that or he replaced Walter straight away, shoving the flute through his skull or something.

Thankfully, Ridley Scott isn't doing Blade Runner. It's Villenueve, whose track record is literally perfect.

She is such a cutie

his track record is total mediocrity

even his "weird, art" movie wasn't all that weird or artful.

Could see it coming a mile away, but yeah maybe the final nail.

I'm hoping they cut a lot of footage from Covenant and they will release another version of it that doesn't try to move the plot along so fast. I couldn't really get past them just deciding to abandon their mission and go check this other planet out after a 2 minute scene of the crew meeting.

her jaw looks better when you're not looking up at her

Alien Covenant is the best Alien movie since the original. Too bad most of the "Alien fans" actually Aliens fans who prefer bugs vs marines XD.
The ending of Covenant is literally pure kino, you have to be fucking delusional or retarded to not see that.