LIAM NEESON EYED FOR CABLE IN "DEADPOOL 2"

Fox is eyeing Liam Neeson to play Cable in "Deadpool 2". Tim Miller wanted Kyle Chandler, but Fox is adamant that a movie star is cast. Mackenzie Davis seems to still be the frontrunner to play Domino, though.

movieweb.com/deadpool-2-cable-liam-neeson/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u9MfihzbAHM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll take it.

I love Liam Neeson, but he has zero comedy timing in him. If Cable is Deadpool's partner he needs to have good timing.

Also, Neeson doesn't look like a Summers.

I won't be sold on any of the actors until I hear them say; HYPER...VIPER BEAM.

>Liam Neeson
>Not Ron Perlman
D R O P P E D

TAKE THE FUCKING ELEPHANT

>not Henry Rollins

As long as deadpool or even Liam neeson does the Taken quote

I'm good

They should do a competition to see who the best Cable would be.

That's called an audition.

Yes but who will write it

That would amazing.

>I love Liam Neeson, but he has zero comedy timing in him.

youtube.com/watch?v=u9MfihzbAHM

It's been done before.

What they should do is almost make a Taken joke before Wade decides it would be to obvious.

>Fox is adamant

Miller should tell them to fuck off. Them keeping their goddamn dickbeaters out of Deadpool was what made them fat bank. They need to sit the fuck down and zip it and let the man work his magic for them again rather than demand a voice at a table not meant for them.

>Fox is adamant that a movie star is cast.

How are they this absolutely retarded? How can they not have realized by now that if they let the creative process work without their mucking it up, they can start a franchise that will in the long run draw them way more profit than the few measly dollars extra they'll get over the course of fucking up the second film?

I went into the wrong industry. Apparently you can be an absolute retard and get pretty high up there in the movie industry.

Yeah but with one where the winner has yet to be chosen before the competition even begun.

Neeson would make a great Nick Fury.

Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, the same guys who wrote the first one.

Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, T.J. Miller and Leslie Uggams are confirmed to return. They said they were also thinking about bringing Colossus and Warhead back.

Have you seen him in Lego Movie as Bad Cop/Good Cop, seeing him playing a split personality nut job is literally amazing.

Or do voice performances don't count.

>but Fox is adamant that a movie star is cast.

I knew this was going to happen. Not that I really have a problem with Liam Neeson, especially if he's playing the straight man. But how is it you just NEED to meddle in something when the product that was delivered without so much as even a real interest on your part was SO good?

That didn't help your point. He wasn't funny at all.

On one hand I think Liam Neeson is fine. On the other, have these people not realized that not interfering in the last movie at all is half the reason it did as well as it did.

>implying movie execs don't know the creative process best
Don't worry guys, they're professionals.

Yes he was. His timing was perfect and he was playing deadpan to perfection.

What is funny to you exactly?

I think Chandler fits better, but Neeson is taller.

That's actually hilarious.

>Not Ron Perlman

What the fuck?

>He wasn't funny at all.

If you're not a fan of deadpan delivery that's fine but don't declare it not funny you tit.

They're not interfering with the script, though. That's what's important.

Casting demands are bound to happen. They happen to every movie.

>DING
>We're closed

Perlman is just too old, man.

Perlman is only two years older than Neeson...

FROZEN
YOGURT

>I wasn't here
>I was at the doctor
>I've got AIDS

I actually can't breathe

That image of Neeson makes me think he'd be a great Deathstroke

Neeson is still pretty spry, though.

>You want to know how I got it?
>[defeated sigh]Sure.
>I'm a well known homosexual actor.
>Wow. OK.
>It was [censored]
>I wouldn't say the name--
>I got it from an unspecific actor.
>Does he know he has AIDS?
>Who, [censored]?

>there will never be a sequel for the A-Team movie

Why? There's so many other old dudes. Why do they have to keep recycling the same ones? I hate it when they play it so safe and yet in ways that don't make any sense.

Cable isn't a tall gangly fuck who pisses himself for fucks sake. I mean the character has white hair, but I'd prefer it if he didn't actually need depends.

Neeson has all the qualities Fox is looking for

>Tall
>Gruff
>Famous
>Doesn't take himself seriously
>Is actually a good dramatic actor

He's actually perfect for it. Just needs to bulk.

Are you american by any chance?

You probably need a laugh track to tell you when to laugh.

I still want Stephen Lang

Is it just me, or is this video really, really quiet?

He's too busy with the four "Avatar" sequels.

>How did you get that?
>From an African prostitute

Fuck off with that meme actor Neeson. His image has been soured by the shitty Taken sequels and all those bad action films he's done just for a quick buck.

Kyle Chandler is the patrician choice. Fox needs to fuck off and let Tim do what he does best.

sounds like you're suffering full blown aids of the funny bone

>Let's do some improvisational comedy
>Let's do some improvisational comedy, now

bump

where would he contract aids?

So a fight to the death?

Sup Forums

Neeson has no presence or talent. He's just tall. The end.

>Fox is adamant that a movie star is cast.
But wouldn't that mean costing MORE money?

Who is in charge anyway now that Rothman is gone?

hell yeah, I'd take that

>no presence or talent. He's just tall.
>He's just tall
so then he has presence and talent

Had a run in with OP.

Wait, you're actually sad about that? The A-Team movie was shit.

So, an African prostitute ?

That's called an audition.

Contrary to what you may think, very few movies are written and produced with a star in mind. It takes so long and people are so busy with their own projects that even when you're about to lock in funding it can be impossible to sign the actor you want. Those who produce their own movies are an exception - they can pretty much claim any role they want, because they're paying for it.

So most roles audition. Even big stars. They're up against other big stars, but it certainly happens.

>Apparently you can be an absolute retard and get pretty high up there in the movie industry.
only through nepotism, which probably isn't an option for you or you would have been there.

So it's going to be instantly be shit now because execs are going to meddle now?

As an American who has seen the clip before, it's hilarious. I'm laughing. Haha.

>He wanted to be Cable so badly
Poor Lang

Well I assume Deadpool is rather TAKEN with this particular selection.

He would be a better choice. I thnk the Fanbase around Ron Perlman could live with him being Cable

It could go anyway, Fox has their eye out for Liam and other stars but at the end of the day if they decline the people behind Deadpool will have to make due and move on.
Remember even though Deadpool, or any movie for that matter, was successful not every actor will be on board if the tone of the script and their role doesn't agree with them. I can't say for sure Liam will decline obviously, but similarly just because Fox wants him doesn't mean he'll automatically go for it.

Does Cable really want to blow it all up?

> They end up casting Kyle Chandler

"Hey, it's nice you showed up to help, Cable. You weren't my first choice, but the other guy was TAKEN,"

>"Avatar" sequels.
Who the fuck want's this?!

What was so appealing about those blue bean poles, Saldana's character was annoying as hell, and without his human body it's not even an avatar anymore it's his real body.

I am laughing and just thinking when Liam was gonna kill someone.

>Who the fuck want's this?!

James Cameron.
For what reason I couldn't begin to tell you.

People who didn't understand stand that it sold so well because 3D wasn't as common and not because of a thrilling story which was actually really stupid.
Don't care if they have weird flying animals or shit,there's no way something built to withstand bullets will be taken down by a pterodactyl thing. Or the fact that the guy betrayed his race because of he wanted to fuck an alien.

>Goes from Batman Begins to Deadpool
just

This

Shitty generic sci-fi story with a retarded aesop. It was basically a tech demo and Cameron jerking off

I would totally betray my species to fuck a hot alien chick, humans are shit anyway. Also he has legs when he is a blue alien so thats another reason to stick with them instead of humans.

If the movie is any indication the sex would probably be fusing those weird ponytail vaginas together

Good point, wonder if that feels good or if its is just, attach weird ponytail, mind meld and then done.

The skit was funny but only because we all know the kind of characters Liam plays. If he never acted before, we'd all assume he's a hobo from his voice which having aids would make sense.

I'm not against him playing Cable though.

>The entire movie can be seen as a guy going around raping and fucking a bunch of animals and is hailed as a hero
Sounds much more exciting than what we got

Wouldn't Cable be the straight man anyway. It's not like Cable is some kind of amazing comedic character on his own.

This. I was about to say the exact same thing.

Cable & Deadpool (the comic run) worked so well because Cable takes himself super seriously and always deals with these big heavy themes (world inequality, world war, genocide, etc..) while Deadpool is the exact opposite. They end up getting stuck having to put up with each other and it creates a fun/interesting dynamic when they have to work together.

Whoever they cast as Cable makes more sense as a deadpan serious guy with no sense of humor than a witty comedy guy.

could be ok, but I don't like that Fox is meddeling.
Deadpool was great and even if the initial casting may have looked odd with those two literally whos I would've trusted Miller for it to work out.

>Making a sequel to the 2nd highest grossing R-rated movie ever.

>Fuck what the director wants, WE MUST HAVE AN ESTABLISHED MOVIE STAR AS CABLE!!!

Bad sign.

Even the people that made it agree that is a good thing

Well they have referenced Taken in the movie. Could make for a good "continuity" if he signs up.

I'm not saying Liam Neeson would be a bad Cable, just that it's a bad sign if Fox execs are already trying to elbow it towards standard-Blockbuster-formula.

Not to mention trailers would be a hard way to see how much the execs pushed and took stuff in and out.

I'd be alright if it were "less swearing and better pacing for the dick jokes", but it's too early to see if Fox would X-Men Apocalypse this shit up.

He's very clearly an actor in this skit making his agent(?) very uncomfortable. That's what makes the skit work, anybody could do it.

>

>cracks a joke 42 issues in
>it's a pretty standard joke only funny because it's Cable, the straight man, saying it to cut the tension Deadpool is making
>importantly, it shows how comfortable Cable is around Deadpool now
Again, Cable's not some regular, jester comedic character. Most of the comedy around him is standard straight man stoicism. Neeson would be good for that, and he's a good enough actor to be able to handle the rare moments Cable needs to crack an actual joke. I don't think he needs to be the actor for it, but it could work well.

Just because a character isn't Deadpool-tier class clown comedic, doesn't mean they can't make jokes. And just because they crack jokes doesn't mean the person playing them has to be a great comedian. Just a good actor.

>not some regular, jester comedic character.
He's not a deadpan robot either.

Chandler is still a better actor, I like Neelson but honestly I always imagined Cable with an intimidating presence and Liam has never done anything remotely intimidating.

Does anyone have the list of recommended Cable comics? I've tried using the tumblr but the Cable link doesn't work.

Maybe. He'd have to bulk up a good bit to convince me.

Also I'm pretty sure Kyle Chandler is the most deadpan actor in human history.

Fucker didn't crack a single smile in two seasons of Bloodlines.