*Breathes in*

*Breathes in*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=puSSTA_tnRg
nytimes.com/2017/07/27/magazine/why-hollywood-is-trying-to-turn-everything-into-movies-even-mindless-games-like-fruit-ninja.html?_r=0
nytimes.com/2017/07/27/movies/the-emoji-movie-review.html?action=click&contentCollection=Magazine&module=RelatedCoverage®ion=EndOfArticle&pgtype=article
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

JUST

>reviews are even moderately positive
>critic consensus within hours

>reviews are overwhelmingly negative
>no critic consensus for weeks

hmm

What is Sony's end game?

selling sony pictures so they can focus on the ps4 and hardware

There is a consensus, it's the 'no symbol" emoji

Not even one pity fresh tomato? jesus Sony at least be competent enough to pay off one reviewer.

The symbol is the consensus. Its an emoji.

No amount of money can save a movie this bad.
>This movie's "believe in yourself" message is borne out, in a perverse way, by the very fact that it even exists. And yet the whole thing remains nakedly idiotic.

>T.J. Miller

Glad this prick's career is now over.

How can sony be stopped?

TJ MILLER BURNED ALL BRIDGES FOR SILICON VALLEY FOR THIS!

The consensus is there. It's an emoji

HOW CAN TJ EVER RECOVER?

FUCK

Sony pictures needs to be labeled as a terrorist organization

Kek

>this movie
I still can't believe it's real

The Sony president wants to get rid of their movie division altogether. The Sony Pictures execs are probably panicking, but the rest of the company is just glad they can finally bury this thing.

instant classic.

Sony is dead, consider this mercy

Ummm, sweetie, these critics are obvious alt-right trolls panning a brave work of #resistance that upsets them.

wait wait wait

what the fuck is he saying

>Le evil Drumpf meme
It never fucking ends

>Why didn't you donate to Hillary Clinton reeeeee
They probably gave money to Bernie. So technically they did contribute to her campaign

Ahh Hillary didn't spend enough money, that was the problem.

wtf

i love silicon valley now

Why is the audience score so high?

The next US president will be :smile::skin-tone-5:

normie parents

I don't care about those other critics, I will watch it or not depending on Armond Whites review

Daily reminder - this is the film that was cancelled in favour of The Emoji Movie. youtube.com/watch?v=puSSTA_tnRg

>Movie will be inevitably compared to Angry Birds
>Angry Birds considered by some a subtle jab at the immigration crisis
>Emoji movie main actor telling everyone it is actually a political movie

A bunch of them seem to be people having a laugh. Or really unsubtle shills.

Jesus fucking Christ.

No. They were never developed at the same time. It was canceled because Sony are plebs and didn't like Tartakovsky version so he just left instead of fighting them.

>drumpf is evil lel anybody else think so

4 fucking years of this.

Don't worry, Armond White will do it for free.

Another graduate from the nu-ghostbusters school of marketing.

Or went to see it while high.

how do i become a certified sweetie

Be pro-drumpft.

Sony is retarded. They don't involve the film makers in on the analytics of a movie.

They make decisions on what films to make based on the sales of existing IP. Ever bother to ask your audience if they want to sit through a 2 hour movie of that IP?

Read this
nytimes.com/2017/07/27/magazine/why-hollywood-is-trying-to-turn-everything-into-movies-even-mindless-games-like-fruit-ninja.html?_r=0

This environment has fostered, in some producers, a sense of desperation. When I asked Vinson if the changes his business has undergone over the past decade have inspired him to panic, he told me: ‘‘Absolutely. It’s forced me to look at everything as though it could be I.P.’’ Increasingly, that means nonnarrative I.P.: stuff with big followings but no stories, or even characters, already cooked in.

‘‘The Angry Birds Movie,’’ which was based on a mobile game, was released in 2016 and took in over $349 million worldwide. The game itself consisted of flinging birds at pigs, but it at least provided its writer, Jon Vitti, with protagonists (the birds) and antagonists (the pigs). There was also Adam Sandler’s 2015 movie ‘‘Pixels,’’ a disaster story that united characters from classic 1980s arcade games. Allspark, a subsidiary of Hasbro, has scored two big successes with a pair of movies based on the Ouija board. The first installment, ‘‘Ouija,’’ cost an estimated $5 million to make but managed to earn more than $103 million in the worldwide box office; the sequel, ‘‘Ouija: Origin of Evil,’’ made $81 million on a reported $9 million budget.

This summer’s most prominent example of nonnarrative I.P. is ‘‘The Emoji Movie,’’ a film that dramatizes the imaginary lives of emojis. The film’s director and co-writer, Tony Leondis, told me that ‘‘The Emoji Movie’’ actually began with a quest for some other form of I.P. About two years ago, he was thinking about what his next project should be, and he asked himself: ‘‘What are the newest and hottest toys out there in the marketplace?’’ He looked down at his phone and realized they were right there in front of him: emojis. Everyone uses them.

>leaving out the best part

Cause the movie's a HUGE success even though critics can't appreciate a good raunchy adult comedy

>positivistic

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>literally breaks through the glass ceiling
Holy fuck guys. I have to watch this.

What is Sausage Party?

Film Of The Decade

>literally breaks through the glass ceiling

Holy fuck could they pander any harder?

well that fucking sucks it looked perfect

Are they trying to bury sony on purpose?.
Maybe the producers are disney moles fucking up sony so they can buy their IPs cheap.

The FBI should investigate this shit.

Angry birds was actually decent through.

In that it had an actual plot and real characters.

after this level of negative reaction, hes probably going to call it the best film since the silent era

Who are you trying to antagonize? Who on this website do you think wanted this movie to succeed?

But why didn't they sell it when they could make a profit?
After the marketing disaster of ghostbusters the Japanese bosses should have known it had a bunch of morons in charge.

Bad news is Disney is gonna buy whats left of sony.

OH SWEETIE

Only "he" can save it.

The emoji, it's there, that's it- the consensus

>The Emoji Movie is a force of insidious evil, a film that feels as if it was dashed off by an uninspired advertising executive. The best commercials have a way of making you forget you’re being pitched at, but director Tony Leondis leaves all the notes received from his brand partners in full view.

Inb4 Gay Nigger White says he loves it and uses it as an excuse to whine about the mainstream media and public opinion

Just because you watch a movie high doesn't mean it'll be magically good, some friends dragged me along to sausage party and even though I was high the movie was still terrible

kek

It would take way too many jewbux for that. You'de have to pay a critic into retirement to throw away their career over this.

HILLARY WOULD HAVE WON IF SHE JUST HAD MORE MONEY

>one of the characters literally breaks through a glass ceiling
jesus fucking christ i need to see this train wreck

>hillary didnt throw enough money into the furnace
her campaign was fucked from the start because her messages and method created too many enemies. DT admin spent a fraction of what shillary did and won presidency.
When will libshits get it through their thick skulls that you can't just throw money at a problem to make it go away? That fucking thought is the epitome of laziness.

>film focuses on millennial technology
not even armond will defend it

What's the significance of the glass ceiling? I don't get it

Armond is thankfully not inhumanly contrarian, he gave a negative score to Suicide Squad.
I legit look forward to the verbal beating he'll give this shit and the societal/political insight he'll take from it.

muh feminist symbolism

Yet Sausage Party is certified fresh.

metaphor for an artificial potential cap that is put there by the "fucking white males" that women can easily surpass.

"Glass ceiling" = patriarchy.

You can't see it, but it's totally real.

Would never work as a real movie and not shorts.
This shit sucks.
Also your lying.

that movie was fucking terrible. only one I've ever walked out of. even the dudebro that wanted to see it had enough at about the halfway point and wanted out.

for whatever reason I read that as certified trash

In late 2014, the hack of Sony resulted in the publishing of private emails that much of the internet had a great time laughing at. One item considered particularly risible in certain corners was a pitch to the co-chairwoman of Sony Pictures Entertainment from a sort of youth consultant, averring that “NBD,” shorthand for no big deal, was popular text speak among millennials and that it should be used as dialogue in a new “Spider-Man” movie.

Sony’s latest release, “The Emoji Movie,” features among its heroes a female computer hacker who at one point shrugs off a crisis by saying “NBD.” I’m not sure if this is an indication of abject cluelessness, or if it represents what I believe some millennials call a self-own.

nytimes.com/2017/07/27/movies/the-emoji-movie-review.html?action=click&contentCollection=Magazine&module=RelatedCoverage®ion=EndOfArticle&pgtype=article

wew. thanks (I guess)

is this rating by based black man™

Is Amy Pascal deliberately destroying Sony?

anytime my non-melanin enriched friend
dont forget to check your privilege

S-SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY

Based gaynigger in space.

If I open that and it's the Popeye preview, I'm gonna lose my fucking mind

All these normies and redditors hating on Emoji Movie are making me start to think it might actually be good.

Reminder that this is a widely accepted myth.
Popeye wasn't cancelled in favour of the Emoji movie.
Popeye was cancelled in favour of Amy Pascal, who didn't belive in the movie even after multiple positive social media feedback, positive focus-testing numbers and The Lego Movie directors' blessing (they called Genndy a genius). Some bumfuck no-one from Taiwan did say the script was only funny to pre-schoolers tho, so maybe that's what set her off.

Don't click it bro.

I wanted to see The Emoji Movie too, but now that I know it's political bullshit I'm gonna pass.
I just wanted pure Emojikino featuring Patrick Stewart.

At least he confesses that he's movie is 100% propaganda to shovel his liberal bullshit.

He wants to be a mastermind like the jews but he can't stop running his mouth. That could make for a good comedy.

How mad is Stewart right now lads? He clearly thought this was gonna be the next Lego movie, but this just makes him look like an idiot.

Seriously the plot we saw in the trailers is some of the most basic bitch pseudosaccharine meaningless shit, and it's absolutely something middle schoolers usually come up with when they're forced to write a two and a half page story for teacher.

>the emoji movie will fight trump because it's about beeing urself
This flower fights trump because it has color.
This toddler fights against trump because he hates girls.
This balloon fights against trump because it's free, which he doesn't want.