Watched Valerian last night and liked it

Ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RN6aqRFbkmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hi, Cara. Do you still like boys or are you a full time rugmuncher now?

What movie? sorry.

nice arguments retard, and she's actually okay in the movie.
Valerian and the city of thousand planets

bump, why are the critics (mostly american) so hard on it?

it went over burgers heads
youtube.com/watch?v=RN6aqRFbkmE
they just understand star wars when it comes to space, even star trek had to be made like a star wars flick in order to make money. Burgers are ruining everything.

bump

How would you compare it to The Fifth Element?

Are you getting your money back?

I watched it last night and was disappointed.

I liked Fifth Element, but this had bad acting and a convoluted sjw white guilt plot.

I went because the trailer looked great, but all the good looking stuff is in the trailer.

Just wait for it to come out on cable.

the same level of good except that Bruce Willis is the lead in one movie, and Dane isn't really pulling it off the other. But hes not horrible.

I have to see this even more now. I like it when people really imagine worlds of their own, without the usual boring tropes. The kind of thing Star Wars was originally supposed to be, but failed because the whole thing is just mix-and-matched from obvious bits of existing human culture.

>convoluted sjw white guilt plot.
not really true. It has nothing to do with sjw nor white guilt. stop making everything political you Sup Forums cunt.

as for the acting, it's nothing more worse than the acting in let's say TFA or even the fifth element. They're just straightforward action movies

it really is refreshing and nice. The opening scene of humans and their journey to space is very elegantly and creatively done. I ended up enjoying it despite the abysmal score it's getting.

Also, The Fifth Element has its off-the-peg "war is bad, mmkay?" plot elements, nobody minds.

There seems to be a rule that anything really creative in the sci-fi/adventure area gets shit on. It happened to Jupiter Ascending too, and that was unironically brilliant.

The story and acting were poor, but I will definitely give it credit for its universe

>The story and acting were poor
it's on par with TFA and the fifth element, the two movies it's being compared to the most.

Do you mean JA?

You liked it but was it worth the $200 millions they spent on it? Given the same source material and the same budget, I think an other director could have done much better

the visuals are spectacular, but yeah they could've toned it down a bit. Particularly the space battle flashback scene was too much, could've explained that more creatively and less straight forward. I honestly don't believe another director could've done much more with it, other than maybe cast a better male lead.

>even star trek had to be made like a star wars flick in order to make money

Wrong. Star Trek has gone to shit because of the studio executives. Many of the Star Trek films with the original cast did quite well at the movie theater.

Last century's did well, but they were also 70% dogfights, compared to the cerebral qualities of the show.

I was thinking more about the new JJ star trek movies.

When the girl was captured and put in a wooden cage, she was in her power armor.

We were just shown 5 minutes before that the power armor can blast through space station walls.

Why didn't she just escape?

The entire planet was destroyed, save 100 avatar aliens that literally no one knew about.

Where did John Goodman find the marble shitting armadillo? Literally the entire planet was blown up.

good point, maybe her battery ran out, maybe it's some a class space bamboo cage.

DELETE THESE

NOW

I must have been injured in the last battle.

>be me
>can't go into that building because it would cause a major major diplomatic incident
>5 minutes later sneak in
>publicly slaughter entire room of high officials, soldiers and dignitaries
>decapitate their emperor
>nbd

He snuck in, like you said.

how big is the tumor behind your cerebellum?

Bad taste, user.

When will McCain die?

Yes. It went over people's heads.

Anyone seen this in 3D? Going to see it today, not a fan of 3D but a few movies are actually better (Dr Strange, Avatar). Should I do 3D or just standard
>inb4 don't see it it sucks

>Ask me anything
how long is your benis?

Did you actually watch the movie?
One of the aliens took it with them on the ship they escaped on.

4 to 6 months

Will they CGI her unibrow back in for the director's cut?

I believe Abrams is a puppet of the studio executives. I'm not entirely sure how much control he had over the Star Trek films he directed but I find it difficult to believe he actually wanted the writers he got. The scripts for Star Trek (2009) and Into Darkness were absolutely terrible. I cannot believe someone got paid a lot of money to come up with those shitty ideas.

Being that Abrams did not have prior experience directing Hollywood films, I'm inclined to believe that he had to be something of a yes-man while he got his foot in the door. Kind of like how David Fincher, who is actually a very good director, had to be a yes-man when he directed Alien 3.

>bump, why are the critics (mostly american) so hard on it?

Twenty years ago, when he made The Fifth Element, Besson was shocked to find that audiences in France found it too American while audiences in America found it too European. It's a similar story here, I think.

>comments disabled
Why doesn't this critic want people to discuss about his review or the movie?