ITT: Post good comics that are hated solely because neckbeard autists on this board read that they're bad somewhere

ITT: Post good comics that are hated solely because neckbeard autists on this board read that they're bad somewhere

You first

how many issues of Gwenpool have you read?

I love Gwenpool. I hate that I allowed this place's hatred of anything new kept me from reading it for so long.

You first.

see

Not him, but i have read all of them, and it makes zero sense.

She literally starts her Comic by killing 3 people, befriends the son of the guy she murderer Sonehow, and then get shocked when someone dies in front of her. The entire premise of 'a comic about her' is just an excuse for deus ex machina, and she might be one of the worst characters in comics right now because her motivations are all backwards. Why does she care about a guy she met for, like, 15 minutes? She literally murdered people without remorse, it makes no sense.

You first

Champions.
Not even out yet and there's been shitposters trying to drag it down.

see

well it is essentially a relaunch of a not very good comic

It has Cyclops, but the shitty one.

I just want regular Cyclops on the Avengers. The characters on that book look good, but I'm not sure about the writer.

>i have read all of them
I guess by that you mean you read issue 1.

Also, you're retarded. She cares about him because when she first met him she thought he was supposed to be her sidekick, and befriended him overtime. The characters she randomly killed were either baddies or meaningless bystanders, most of which she believes exist solely to be killed by her. Also, her shock at the end of issue 1 isn't solely because of the guy dying (though that's part of it considering she didn't expect a "major character" of her series and someone she considered a friend to die), it's also because she comes to the realization that she's not the hero she thought she was, and that her immunity isn't as clear cut as she thought.

You would know this if you paid attention so try a little harder next time please.

honestly anyone who doesn't enjoy this comic is either fat or gay so think on that nonwhites

Well, I just read the latest issue and loved it. I only read it because of Miles, thinking it to be a silly, nothing comic. But it really blew my expectations out of the water. I really like Gwen Poole's character, the premise, and that she's not just Gwen Stacy. Going to read the first four issues now. Marvel needs to market this better so people like me don't get the wrong impression. That's not all Sup Forums's fault.

I think it's more the art that caused people not to read this. Not sure why the art was so hated though.

A shitty Cyclops is still a better character than most.

If i only talk issues of number 1 it doesnt mean i only read number 1. I know the guy is back as a ghost, and that de strange helped her. It's just more deus ex.
Again, she met him for 15 minutes, she could literally get another sidekick that she didn't murdered his parents. Despite what she believes about other people, it doesnt change the fact that she only shows attachment to humanity when it's convenient. She can like or kill you based on what the writer needs, and not based on her personality because she has None.

Now, you see there, THAT is objectively a legitimate critique.
That Hercules/GhostRider/Iceman/BlackWidow hodgepodge was awful, and this book being the reimagining of that idea doesn't bode well for it.
But that's a knock on the original. user's are attacking the new book.
Sup Forums is going overboard if comics that don't exist yet are getting hated on.

>she met him for 15 minutes
You might want to spend more time actually paying attention to what you're reading. It's pretty clear that there's a timeskip between the prologue and the main story of issue 1 since they're already working cohesively as a time when the main story starts.

Oh, I thought it was referencing Waid's current Avengers run. I thought user meant it was a relaunch of that.

I was being hyperbolic user, fact is, she is a cold blooded killer, met a guy for a very brief time, and decides she Must save him, and even brings his skull around just in case some random deus ex happens. It's shit character and shit writing.

>met a guy for a very brief time
The point is that we don't actually know how long they knew each other. Regardless of how long she knew him, she still knew him long enough to become friends with him.

Stop pretending years have passed or something, and stop pretending deus ex is good writing.

Just admit you like shit comics.

It was a good take on X-Force, but the way they absconded away with the character Hope for a solid year, not letting any other X-book use her, and then still did nothing good with her beyond the automatic win she provided, that was just tragic and destroyed Hope's established place in the X-Men cast hierarchy for no reason.
It's hard for me to look past that.

What is Hope doing? Is she still around?

The facepalm hurt me deeply this time...

Don't worry about it

To be fair, Waid's Avengers is pretty bland. I'm saying that as a guy who liked Bendis on Avengers. Waid and bendis can both write good comics, but Waid's Avengers is just using good characters with boring writing. I expec Champions to be the same. Wait, is Waid writing it? Or just the Avengers with Vision, Samcap and IronDoom? Well, I just expect blandness. They need to put him on antoher Daredevil, just like they need to keep Bendis on Iron Man and away from Guardians.

Shit, I'm rambling...

I guess she went the way of Layla Miller.

She sorta got swallowed up by the comicbook abyss of not being written about. And that was before SecretWars.
But with that "8 months later" thing and how there's a mystery around what X-Men are alive or dead or have quit or have M-pox, there's no full-list accounting of the X-Men at all.
So there's equal chances that some writer will use this as an opportunity to bring her back full force, kill her off, or let her vanish forever.
Who knows.

How's Unbeatable Squirrel Girl? I just read Gwen Poole and loved it. How does Squirrel Girl sit with Gwen Poole and Hellcat?

I read SquirrelG' for a bit but ended up dropping it when the timetravel story characterized Dr.Doom all wrong.
I knew it was coming, the whole thing is tongue-in-cheek gag-comic and all, it's a lot of cutesy quirky silly, but an abundance of main character personality can only hold together a book for so long before you want other characters to be real too.
I personally wouldn't recommend it beyond an issue here or there.

Don't talk about it user

God, I really would like to post The Mighty Thor because that one obviously fits this thread's criteria, but I don't want to step into that particular Sup Forumsshitstorm again.

>because that one obviously fits this thread's criteria
No it doesn't. I like this thread's intent, as Sup Forums irrationally hates many things based on principle or poorly founded criticism, but Aaron's Thor is bad with or without Plain Jane.

Hmm. I don't hate it, but thought it's kind off bland. I like the cancer angle, but...well, I'll give it a try next time.

Jesus Christ, yes she's a cold blooded killer. She literally doesn't care about any random people because she sees them as fictional. The whole point of her befriending Cecil was to show that she could begin seeing characters as more than just fictional. Moreso, his death shook her mainly because she believed herself to be a main character and having a sidekick die so soon shook that belief. Her character arc of not caring about the fictional world until she begins connecting with it has been evident since her first appearance when she tries to murder Howard and sell a weapon to hydra, only to be guilted into helping him retrieve it.

Don't cry shit writing when you're not even able to follow a very basic character arc.

ITT: Post comics with the most sensitive fanboys

So she's Schroedinger's Mutant?

Really? Because just the stuff with Loki would support it's own book, it's that good.
I hear a lot of crap about Odin being written wrong but when you point out that Cul is obviously manipulating him the neckbeards just claim that part was too obvious, ignoring that fact that it obviously explains away their complaint about Odin.
And then it always boils down to powerlevels.
As if the enchantment that grants Thor's power ... to who-so-ever's worthy ... wouldn't grant Thor's power to someone who wasn't Thor already...?
That was actually the whole point of the enchantment. Am I wrong?

It doesn't matter if you've heard somewhere that it's bad, it's a good comic.

That's an easy one.

Of course she's a cold-blooded killer. She's the pink version of Deadpool.
How many people has Black Widow killed?
How many peeps has Punisher killed?
How many by Moon Knight?
Wolverine?
Chick Wolverine?
Carnage has his own fanbase!
That's not the line drawn in the sand between good comic lead and bad comic lead, it's just not. And you know it!

This hurts my feels.

The main reason people hat stuff is because of the fanbase of a person.

Example, people will haye Gwenpool or Ms marvel because they haye the waifufag who revolve aroun borh of those characters.

And about individuals, people hate Miles and Carol because the first, Miles is a producr of Bendis and everyone haye Bendis, Carol is a mix of people hating what KSD did to her and a hate/dislike of marvel pushing her as their wonder woman, if that mean dragging out other and more important/iconic female leads.

What you think Sup Forums ?

First off, why can't you spell?
I do get what you're saying, though. Obnoxious fanbases can be a major turn off, and constantly pushing characters people just don't like doesn't help their cause.

JESUS MAN PRACTICE YOUR TYPING

>she could literally get another sidekick that she didn't murdered his parents.

She killed his criminal uncle, who made him help him rob banks and shit.

>>moving the goalpost: the post

In fact the comic explain how they spend some time together(even the sentinel thing) but I guess you need to read the comic to know it

Also, you can go from not knowing somebody to fall in love in minutes in real life so befriend somebody that work for you isn't strange.

My biggest gripe is that we've been treading water for almost three years. Malekith and Roxxon have been dicking around since Thor 2 came out.