"SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING" PLOT DETAILS

Round-up of all confirmed and leaked plot details so far.

>SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING centers on Peter Parker (Tom Holland) struggling to balance his private life with his responsabilities as Spider-Man as he begins his sophomore year at Midtown Science and Technology High School.

>Peter is often bullied by his wealthy, snobbish classmate Flash Thompson (Tony Revolori), who often humilliates Peter for being poor, out of jealousy because Peter often upstages him in academics. They're both interested in popular student Liz Allan (Laura Harrier) and begin competing to see who'll take her to the homecoming dance.

>Peter's best friend is Ned Leeds (Jacob Batalon), and at one point he joins an academic declathon team comprised of other social outcasts (Michael Barbieri, Abraham Attah and Isabella Amara). Ned has a crush on one of Liz's friends, Betty Brant (Angourie Rice).

>Michelle Gonzalez (Zendaya Coleman) is a classmate of Peter, Flash, Liz and Ned. Some sources report she's a studious, hardworking student who befriends Peter, while others report she's an wealthy mean girl. Given reports she has a minor role in the first movie that might be expanded in sequels, it's likely the former.

>Adrian Toomes (Michael Keaton) is a military engineer who is fired for his illegal experiments to integrate Chitauri biotechnology salvaged from the Battle of New York to the Falcon wingpack created by the United States government. He then swears revenge and becomes the Vulture.

>Phineas Mason (Michael Chernus) is a former employee of Stark Industries fired for creating weapons. He then adopts the identity of "The Tinkerer" and begins selling his technology to criminals. One of his clients is Herman Schultz (Bookem Woodbine), who becomes the Shocker and is captured by Spider-Man early in the movie.

>Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) makes an appearance, investigating the Tinkerer's activities and giving Peter advice in how to beat the villains.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Spider-Man will have retractable armpit webbing for aerodynamics and will have more web tricks like impact webbing and web-shields.

>At one point, Peter goes on a road trip to Washington D.C. and gets into a chase into a expressway as Spider-Man.

>Martin Starr, Selenis Levya and Hannibal Buress are playing staff members at Midtown. Kenneth Choi is playing the Principal.

>Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) might make an appearance.

>Logan Marshall-Green is playing an undisclosed villain role.

>Donald Glover, Garcelle Beauvis, Michael Mando and Tyne Daly are playing undisclosed roles.

>giving Peter advice in how to beat the villains.

>Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) makes an appearance, investigating the Tinkerer's activities and giving Peter advice in how to beat the villains.

Probably because he can't do shit as Irony Man due to Ross and the Accords.

>Donald Glover
oh boy here comes Miles

Too old.

Oh, stop.

This doesn't sound very good tbqh

bump

What's bad about it?

>Wanting Iron Man to build Spidey's gadgets and tell him how to beat his bad guys
Spidey doesn't get a life coach. That's what makes him interesting. Plus, it's weird seeing a rich drunk douche take the place of Uncle Ben

It sounds like a Disney Channel movie but with Spider-Man. I honestly don't give a fuck about Peter Parker hanging out with some OC's stressing out about dances.

>Ned has a crush on one of Liz's friends, Betty Brant (Angourie Rice).

Why is she 15

Well there goes any hope I had of this film being good. Spider-Man is just gonna be Tony's little bitch.Best live action Spider-Man, my ass.

Although, considering his sorry performance in Civil War, I guess I'm stupid for ever thinking he was going to be any good.

And to rub salt in the wound:
>The Tinkerer" and begins selling his technology to criminals. One of his clients is Herman Schultz (Bookem Woodbine), who becomes the Shocker and is captured by Spider-Man early in the movie.

Shocker is going to get shit on too. Spider-Man just can't have anything nice.

this reboot is dildos

We knew it was never going to be good once we could properly compare spider-butts.

>Shocker is going to get shit on too. Spider-Man just can't have anything nice.
Herman has been a joke villain for several years now, thats how he's used in Superior Foes, and in the Brand New Day run of spidey-post OMD
so i mean
honestly, there are so many other TERRIBLE things about this movie that shocker doesn't phase me

>betty is a teenager, and not the slightly older girl at pete's part-time job
>mentor iron-man
>flash isn't a jock, but instead is a rich kid
>black widow might appear
also
>wasting Zendaya
baka senpai

only good things here are:
>>Spider-Man will have retractable armpit webbing for aerodynamics and will have more web tricks like impact webbing and web-shields.
>At one point, Peter goes on a road trip to Washington D.C. and gets into a chase into a expressway as Spider-Man.

And it irks me that he's a sophmore, since he gets his powers in 10th grade, and here, he's been spidey for a year already, but whatever i'll take what i can get
also tom holland is trash

andrew has the best butt and yet his movies suck m8

So imagine how much worse it will be if there isn't even the butt to fall back on.

Yeah, it's all because of Bendis turning him into a joke villain in the Ultimate Line, it ended up leaking back into the main universe.

Shocker hadn't been in the movies yet. This was their chance to make Shocker a legitimate threat again, and they wasted it. That's why Shocker being a joke disappoints me so much.

Though you're right, all those other things are terrible too.

>betty is a teenager, and not the slightly older girl at pete's part-time job
This I don't really agree with either. Kinda hope it's misinformation.

>mentor iron-man
They set this up in Civil War. Everyone knew it was coming.

>black widow might appear
Probably for a post credits scene to set up shit for Infinity War.

>flash isn't a jock, but instead is a rich kid
Why would there be a jock at a school that focuses on specific fields of academics? Yeah, Flash is a jock in the comics. I think they want to put more emphasis on that he's a bully over being a jock because, in the end, that was the point of the character.

>wasting Zendaya
Who gives a shit on how they use some literally who actress?

bendis literally named his son london
LONDON

>to make Shocker a legitimate threat again
>again

if you cant sell Pete trying to balance his super heroing and his normal life your not selling spider-man

They've said, repeatedly mind you, that the tone will be close to a John Hughes movie.

ends of the earth bro
>They set this up in Civil War. Everyone knew it was coming.
i know, but that doesn't make it hurt any less
Spidey having a mentor is bad enough, but.......iron Man???
just fuck my shit up.
>eah, Flash is a jock in the comics. I think they want to put more emphasis on that he's a bully over being a jock because, in the end, that was the point of the character.
okay, thats a fair point, i forgot that they made midtown a science magnet, so thats a fair alteration.
it sounds like he's actually a character this time around, which will be nice
>Who gives a shit on how they use some literally who actress?
she's an up and coming starlet, and she's been around for a while
it just seems like a shame to waste a good actress on a "eh" character
well, this is the problem with marvel (and DC of late too) everything cross-pollinates so, instead of different universes having different takes on a character, everything ends up homogenized and the same
and yeah, shocker CAN be a very powerful threat, so hopefully Herman can get a win in the next movie (if there is one)

Peter isn't allowed to get advice now?

fuck off

Ideally, it would be bad advice that screws him over because Spidey can't catch a break.

fuck off

Isn't it way past your bedtime on a school night?

>Webpits
oh yes

>road trip to Washington D.C.
Who with?

Steve gets to mentor Wanda.

Tony gets to mentor Peter.

>"Gee Mr. Stark, I don't know how to beat this guy"
>"Well normally I'd just make a new type of armor"
>"That's it! I just have to make a new type of webbing!"

>giving Peter advice in how to beat the villains.

NOT MUH SPIDER-MAN FUCK OFF

Way way too old. It's just an homage to the campaign to get him to play Spidey, he'll probably just be a teacher

The only advice Tony has any business giving Peter is financial advice.

Spider-Man should be smart enough to think on his feet and solve his own problems. Why would anyone care about a superhero who needs everything handed to him?

Tony already got him a good costume and upgraded his webshooters, Peter needs to start earning his keep and not start depending on Tony to do everything for him.

Everything about this movie relates easier with Miles.

Batalon is practically Ganke, why is Marvel/Disney so blue balls about using him when nothing comes to close to being about Peter.

>every threat on mcu allegiated to Chitaru or Battle of new york

J-JUST.

also i doubt Zendaya character is minor role , she is best looking girl from cast DOUBT

also i hope this movie fails due shit cast.

Someone's salty...

geez, I just hope this movie doesn't go overboard with high school movies stereotype

AHH TONY SAVE ME

What are those? I never watched any because the very idea seems repugnant.

>TONY
He calls him Mr. Stark though.

Eeyup, it's shit.

Marvel has killed Spider-Man worse than Sony ever did

MR. STARK, THE P-PIZZA, DELIVER IT ON TIME!

What will Soul Harvester's cameo be in this one, I wonder.

This sounds fucking awful if true

old many buying mecha codpiece from tinkerer when Shocker walks in

This all sounds fucking terrible, also why are there so many OC's when the comics had plenty of characters to work with? Also placing peter in a specific STEM oriented highschool kind of homogenizes the interactions he'll have with other characters seeing as they are all nerds.

At least it cant be any worse than
Amazing Spiderman right?

Have you read Spider-Man Loves Mary-Jane? It's pretty awesome and shows how a Spidey / Hughes movie could still be fun.

Can we have a prayer circle?

>why are there so many OC's when the comics had plenty of characters to work with?
they only plan on having him be in highschool for one movie, and wanna introduce the mainstays when he goes to college

That I'm okay with, but what I'm worried about is him ending up fighting Thanos this early in his career.

It really does sound terrible

>they're complaining about a movie they haven't seen yet

Let's post the soundtrack Sup Forums!

youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y

What is Every movie ever ?

>Peter is Tony's Spider-Bitch
>Betty Brant getting shoehorned in as a high school kid
>Flash isn't a jock and is just a rich bully
>Forcing Vulture and Tinkerer to be linked to Stark Industries/The Avengers somehow
>BLACKED cast

Well Sup Forums, you wanted Spider-Man in the MCU so badly, and here he is.

At least he has web pits.

DAMN YOU MONKEY'S PAW!

I'd actually find it funny if this underperformed. Marvel built an empire from the B and C listers. It would be ironic if their big gun misfired

U retards, Betty was Peters age in the comics. This slightly older shit was a Sam Raimi addition. Also just to blow your minds They dated in High School.

tfw Peter will end up taking that lovely girl with a wonderful personality, Anna Watson's niece from next door for homecoming.

>Shocker is going to get shit on too.
Why would you expect anything less? It's Shocker.

>And it irks me that he's a sophmore, since he gets his powers in 10th grade, and here, he's been spidey for a year already
Who gives a shit?

What post-Avengers villain had anything to do with the Chitauri besides Thanos?

>What post-Avengers villain had anything to do with the Chitaur

Strucker's henchmen were using reverse engineered Chitauri gear. Age of Ultron is literally the last time anything Chitauri related had popped up until now.

So one time they've used it since Avengers, and that's suddenly every MCU villain? And just because they do it again with the Vulture means that it's a problem?

Doesn't seem any worse than having Tony invent Ultron.

Remember MCU is the alternate universe where basically everything that goes wrong is Tony's fault. He's been personally responsible for most of the major villains so far. Except maybe the cosmic stuff, but I won't be surprised if he ends up slipping on a banana peel while carrying the Infinity Gauntlet and it goes flying into Thanos' hands.

Looks like Tony Stark was too tricky for his own good!

>And just because they do it again with the Vulture means that it's a problem?

I'm not I actually like the idea of Vulture's suit being a fusion of Chitauri tech and the Falcon's wingpack.

>This slightly older shit was a Sam Raimi addition.

No it wasn't, casual. Byrne did it in Chapter one, then Bendis had Betty be older than Peter but not in a relationship with him.

have you fucking read the Lee/Ditko run??
Betty had dropped out of high school to work, so she wasn't alot older than pete, but she was older. Pete was 15~17, Betty was at least 18 when she was first introduced

uh
I do?
>comic book movie
>character detail
>"it bothers me that this detail changed"
>lololol who cares
dude, c'mon
>Remember MCU is the alternate universe where basically everything that goes wrong is Tony's fault
I hadn't thought of it like that, but this is true, and I like it
fuck Stark
Spider-Man Loves Mary-Jane is actually my favorite Spidey series desu, but there are alot of differences here; that used all the main cast, and major characters (Gwen, MJ, Harry, flash, ned, Liz, etc etc) I dont remember many, if any OCs, and the good part of the run (the Miyazawa stretch) was only in high school, the series wasn't intended to extent PAST high school, which means they could do alot of things that the movie can't do, since they're planning for him to grow and stuff
i mean, it annoys me that the Chitauri stuff is getting used here, but im fine with anything super-sciency, like impossible irl shit getting written off as ALIENS!!!

Why does it piss you off though? All that junk that got left over after the battle was bound to lead to some discoveries.

>All that junk that got left over after the battle was bound to lead to some discoveries.
right, which is why it only annoys me, instead of pissing me off persay
but i find it annoying because i think in someways it shit on and destroys a characters agency and intelligence level.
for vulture, i really dont think it matters so much
but in the MCU everything is related to something else, and for me thats problematic at times, mainly with how Peter has been treated, but yeah

it DOES make more sense for a film and it streamlines things alot, so thats fine, i just hope these sorts of things dont get cross back over to 616, or whatever its designated now

Michelle Gonzalez...yes, a comic character hated by all in the Spidey movie. I "really" believe this.

It'll probably be about the Vulture, Tinkerer and Ironman lusting after Aunt May's hot ass while Peter fends them off.

So she's lying on the ground because she's Black Cat?

Spider-Man is just an incapable idiot in the MCU, apparently. In Civil War he struggled to lift that container that Cap dropped on him and took a beating to everyone. By the end of it he was all tired and couldn't even stand up (what the fuck?).

Now he needs Tony Stark to teach him how to beat the bad guys. What an amazing crap they are doing. The actor and the suit are great though.

No, she's lying on the ground because pic related.

>Spider-Man is just an incapable idiot in the MCU

Stupidity and inexperience are not the same thing.

> In Civil War he struggled to lift that container that Cap dropped on him

Why wouldn't he struggle? It's heavy as fuck and his strength has limits.

> and took a beating to everyone

He fought only Falcon, Bucky and Steve by himself. The former two he actually beat for the most part.

>By the end of it he was all tired and couldn't even stand up

He got pimp slapped by a giant hand and flew probably a hundred feet away into some wooden crates. He aught to be sore and shit by then.

>Now he needs Tony Stark to teach him how to beat the bad guys

Makes sense that he would. Apart from Leipzig, the only people he'd have dealt with by now would be common street thugs.

He's a kid who's still fresh in the superhero community. How they've portrayed him and what they seemingly are doing with him now looks to be entirely appropriate.

ITT: people whine about the best parts of Spider-Man

>michael keaton as a birdman
i can fap to this

Uncle Ben.

Feige said he'll be in high school for several movies.

>Mushing Toomes in with Chitauri/Falcon tech

I hate this idea. Not everything ever needs to be connected.

I'm just having the hardest time buying into this film.

This is the one thing that will kill the MCU. Feige preventing any aging.

She was teenager in the comics as well. She just decided to take the job in Daily Bugle in such an young age, because she had to help her brother pay his debts.

>Feige said he'll be in high school for several movies.
He might be counting stuff like Avengers appearances, not just solo movies.

Joke's on you, the sjw's never wanted Miles, they wanted black Peter. Holland was just a red herring this whole time.

But the MCU moves in real time. They even say how previous movies happen last year. Why are they so determined to keep Pete in High School?

Somebody mentioned this in a thread months ago, but I actually really like the idea of the Vulture being a bitter old scientist who makes his living as a scavenger who steals and repurposes other peoples old tech.

Falcon's wings, Iron Man's armor, the Chitari tech, etc. into his own mishmash Vulture armor

It probably will. A bunch of unknown teen actors is a tough sell.

Why does every Spider film after 2 need 2+ villains?