It was boring

>It was boring

Anyone who actually thought this needs to have their cinema privileges revoked

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was not boring, but at the same time I had no idea what the fuck I was seeing and why there were so many goddamned people in the theater just aside from the name "Christopher Nolan".

>bongs died defending the country against MUH EBIL HITLER so they could cuck themselves out of existence with niggers and arabs a generation later
What did they mean by this? Bad deal, sad.

>everyone in the movie is the same color
>not boring

Just got back from seeing it. As a display of British spirit I can't fault it too much. There was the occasional bravo nolan moment (blind man/he wouldn't look me in the eyes) and the mole didn't really feel like it happened over a week. Also the score really started to drag on me by the time the boats actually got there. Worth seeing but I doubt I'd see it again.
What I'd have liked to see is more actual facts. I still don't know shit about how it was all organized. Feel like we were just shown a set of stories that just happened to come together.

They're probably butthurt that there were no brown people

it's already out? I thought it was on pre-production

I saw this turd yesterday, it was boring af, zero nazis and no infantry combat, 5/10

I loved it, but I think that Nolan made some questionable editing decisions, and the sound mixing left a lot of the dialog completely untranslatable.

Wasn't boring, just mediocre, which is a shame considering how much effort was put into cinematography. Only good part was the ending and that's because it was your typical tearjerker war film ending.

You can't even say anything bad about it on Sup Forums because all the cucks from Sup Forums will run in and scream white genocide or whatever.

Not boring, but lacking in any emotional depth relating to its characters beyond "wow look at how sad these boys are pls feel bad for them"

Like cool but how about some fucking depth to literally any character that makes me give a shit if they live or die

How about not emotionally resolving the conflict 40 minutes before the movie is over

>inb4 THE ARMY WAS THE CHARACTER

that shit is actually very sad, not even Sup Forumsing

I don't know who's jewing who anymore

time lapses were done poorly
some of the background actors were godawful, TDKR tier
sound was GOAT, bravo nolan
pretty accurate in terms of history

8/10

Great movie, but the Air plot needs working on. Both the Mole and the Sea converge at the same point, with the mine sweeper. Air shows this too, so all three plotlines could converge at this point. However, the air plot shows this about 30 minutes before Sea and Mole show it, which gives a lot of it away. This scene should be the climax of the movie imo, but due to the improper pacing of the air plot it isn't. If I did this over, I would rewrite the air and sea plots, to remove the earlier intersection with the crashed pilot. Instead I'd have both crashed pilots die, and the air plot only converges with the other plots at the minesweeper, which is the climax.

I would also add subtitles, because most of the actors are basically speaking a foreign language.

Only edgy contrarian retards who need deep characters to enjoy a film think this

>when he walks on the small plank of wood with an injured man in his hands

BRAVO

Considering it's the only way to safety, what else were they supposed to do?

Anyone else find the chronological order of events rough to follow?
Like it was so bad for me that I thought the nighttime scene of the ship getting hit by a u-boat was what happened to cillian Murphy

WE

watched it with my sister, she wasn't really paying attention and got bored and tried to distract me from the movie by cuddling up to me and giving me kisses on the cheek all the time.
why can't woman appreciate nolan kino?

>changes most of the pantheon to black so as to appease the black community
>keep Aphrodite, the physical avatar of beauty, as a pale white woman
What did they mean by this?

I think the people complaining about the three plot lines being hard to follow also found it hard to follow the plot of Inception. If you're a mental midget, please inform us before you post so we can promptly ignore anything you have to say.

Dunkirk is easily the best WW2 film since SPR, the Air scenes are the most authentic dogfighting we've ever seen in film and this movie will easily win Best Sound at the Oscars.

Incaption wasnt too hard to follow because all the characters didn't look the same and they differentiated each layer of dreams with scenery and slo mo.
After a point Though, it's hard to tell if they are just showing us the same boat sinking from a different point of view or if it's an actual different boat sinking

I unironically liked this film.

It seems like Nolan finally found a way to remove exposition from his films by remove charater development altogether and it doesnt even bother me.

besides noone can deny that the first torpedo scene is filmed so miracously that I was shocked that this is the same person who is behind TDKR.

BRAVO NOLAN

>people complain about the lack of character development, even though it's the third bane movie

She gon get blacked, user.

Soldiers struggle to not drown.
10 mins later
10 mins later
10 mins later
10 mins later
10 mins later
10 mins later
Yeah why would anyone find that boring?

I can help sir

w-what was the second?

I'm studying architecture, and right in the beginning at the seaside, they're showing modern architecture. Modern lofts with large glass panels, modern lamp posts. Contemporary scenery over and over. It was so lazy.

Inception, Rises, Duncuck

you know what's lazy?

cgi

Nolan is pretty shit when it comes to scenery and this utterly BTFOs his overall direction. Because he's always aiming for large stakes and a sense of epic but he's ultimately taken aback by his lack of attention to detail.

Look at the iconic shot of CIA guarding his belt. You can actually see the sets where the Pit and the Batcave were built.

pretty sure I saw a power utility box in the train scene

The gaps might lead people to go study WW2 and the causes and effects of it. Maybe Nolan wants people to learn for themselves the truths about the war, instead of blindly believing everything that they are taught through school/media.

Only racist whites enjoyed the movie

he should have worked on a better transition

I never considered how sad it is that people are complaining that they couldn't sympathize with any of the soldiers. Surely the very fact that they are human should mean you should empathize with one.

> George says he wants to be on the paper one day
> ends up on the front of the paper as a hero

Woah only Nolan could pull of something like that. The epic foreshadowing

Also the cranes and warehouses you see throughout the film weren't built until the 80s when the new ferry terminal was constructed.

Really pissed me off

t. a dunkirk native

>400,000 men
>men

Are they allowed to say that? Usually we just say "people" or "soldiers" when we're talking about men

The prop ships were embarrassing too, you could see they were expensive but a long fucking way from looking good or accurate.

I'm upset they couldn't bring themselves to CGI a bigger camp or crowd scene to give the impression of more than 100 people on the beach. Having a few guys line up 50 yards apart is like monty python using coconuts for horses, except they were serious.

Maybe they are saying that because the soldiers barely spoke or had names.

Nobody had a problem relating to the boat people or air shits

Why do normies think exposition is bad? Exposition is a part of writing for film, and writing in general. ALL films have some form of exposition. It's the way writers handle it, and their use of exposition techniques, that differentiates good writing from bad.

I didn't mean exposition in general but just the way his movies handle it with massive drops being spoonfed and almost nothing shown through the pictures

it shows especially in Interstellar and Inception obviously

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
agreed

>immediately dies from bumping head

Editing and sound issues are pretty common in his films.

it's obviously meant to be a chronological puzzle. but that's why people love rewatching Nolan's films. It's formal experimentation in a mainstream blockbuster. it gives you something to detangle.

you should be thankful he's trying to do something different at all.

you're probably gonna be pissed when you find out all three stories are fictional.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAp

Churchill destroyed Great Britain.

co-production with the americans and netflix.