Comedy Central has cancelled its perpetually low-rated late-night program The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore

>Comedy Central has cancelled its perpetually low-rated late-night program The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore.

The program, which replaced Stephen Colbert’s Colbert Report at Comedy Central in 2015, will air its last show on Thursday.

lol

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1IDFt3BL7FA
youtube.com/watch?v=yy7GOO7Y96Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GgZYCj39M38
youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=yy7GOO7Y96Y&app=desktop
reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/4irxwq/comedy_central_prez_michele_ganeless_to_resign/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's been fun now if only they will get rid of Trevor Noah, another show I never watched

I just want tough crowd again you niggers

If you never watched it how do you know it's not good?

Good.
Bring back reruns of kids in the hall, Chappelle show and drawn together

This.

That has shit ratings too, so it might be possible.

It wouldn't be the same, and you know it. Colin has more to lose now, Jim Norton is a piece of shit worm, Patrice is dead, Giraldo is dead, etc. It's done, user.

Obv. Comedy Central is racic.

I can tell by the color of the hosts skin

I've watched it

It's fucking drivel

t. burger

r a c i s t

Isn't this the second fucking time they've canceled a Larry Wilmore show? Didn't they try this black people colbert report once before?

>It's not racist to fire him if he sucks at his job
>also fuck that nigger

It's a shame. I was in high school at the time and never understood the brilliance of what I was watching.

ayy

I wish we still had Chappelle's Show

god damn

I wish Chris Rock hadn't sold out

Shut the fuck up. If Comedy "liberal views are all we do" Central brought it back, it would be a late night version of The View headlined by Amy Schumer.

His show was never funny also he did the WORST white house correspondent dinner show EVER. He called obama his nigga, and his only schtick is black jokes

:^^^)

I know. I still want it

youtube.com/watch?v=1IDFt3BL7FA
forgot link, it's cringe af

Comedy Central saved it self from the bankruptcy of diversity. I wonder if they'll figure it out or replace it with another "diverse" show and eventually go out of business.

I need a torrent

I haven't been paying attention, I thought Stephen was still on the air. So let me guess what happened, media got tired of le boring white man and gave his show to a black guy, who then was terrible and the show got horrible feedback and now it's getting cancelled and everybody's going to call it racism. Is that about right?

nvm got it

Norton's happy to live in the land of Gregshells, fuck that turtle
>Patrice and Giraldo RIP

Same here user
I was a pussy then though, so it makes sense that I couldn't handle the bantz

Welp, I WAS having a good day.

>that time Patrice had a moment and thanked Colin

Nah Colbert got promoted to the big leagues (but is on the verge of cancellation already because middle America doesn't care for snark) so CC hired le political black man to take his spot and failed rapidly

Protip: it's cause niggers don't buy cable.

All other 'explanations' are BS.

Great, can't wait until they cancel Amy Bee as well, the cunt

You're right except that The Colbert Report wasn't cancelled, it ended because Colbert replaced Letterman on the Tonight Show.

This please. I keep seeing ads with clips of her shitty show and it's disgusting and cringey as fuck

>le trump?? *faceplam" xD

hurp derp samantha bee, fuck this unfunny bitch is forgettable

I wish we could all go back to just joking about how Bush is stupid. This nightmare realm is not what I signed up for.

Did they film the episode before announcing the cancellation? If not, I may watch this final episode to here his massive butthurt

In a weird way the Bush years seem innocent

>unfunny bitch

There's no need for redundant adjectives.

Right? I remember being the local edgy leftist goth kid. These were good years of sarcasm and paranoia. Now it just isn't funny anymore.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the media is hiding everything in plain sight by ignoring it.

I imagine it's the closest the west has ever come to having a propaganda media.

>local edgy leftist goth kid
I was more death rock but yeah

they need to get rid of the other one.

half (((white))) so bashes white all day.

Fuck. I fear you may be right. To youth, Ameribro. It may all just be propaganda, but we're really the last line of defense.

Literally every headline segment of his had some bizarre race joke interjected into it, no matter now irrelevant. Otherwise the headline segments were alright, but then afterward the rest of the episode is spent on the panel retardation. The one with Bill Nye is a good example of how much that format failed.

youtube.com/watch?v=yy7GOO7Y96Y
>The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Cocksuckers.

Same, I remember being a casually liberal teen during the Bush administration, it was nice by the time I got to college (2.5 years into the Obama administration) the social cancers that come with living in a leftist-dominated society were already creeping in. Everyone was a Bush-hating edgelord. Everyone was having fun with it, but the Bush hate was so widespread that we pushed the political pendulum way too far to the left to compensate, now the swing back right is going to be fucking hard.

I feel for you Deutschebro, you don't have free speech laws. I want to visit Germany again but I'd probably get arrested.

>tfw you're part of the last pre-smartphone generation, before narcissism became digitally formalized

>now the swing back right is going to be fucking hard.

That's what Sup Forums is here for. We have to make sure that the emerging nationalist right doesn't get hijacked by side-switching authoritarian kikes

LMAO don't act like Sup Forums has some greater purpose designated for it. I'm just here to shitpost. Living in an liberal city and studying at an ultra-leftist makes me appreciate an environment of undisguised right-wing extremism, if only for the catharsis.

Am I crazy… or is the aids kid the same as 'Liitle Ice'… the kid who will die for his gang?

Nobody remembers how much the left HATED George W. Bush, and how the right HATED Bill Clinton

At the time my opinion was
>"As long as Bill did a good job as President I don't care about his personal life"
Now I don't think he did a good job and Lewinsky was a moral and ethical disaster

>Hillary was always a cunt to both sides

You seem to be implying this sort of measured, intelligent news satire show would attract a sizeable black audience anyway. It would not. Not ever. Their attention spans can't handle a low energy delivery and they don't give a shit about politics and current events outside of their immediate interests. The show was always meant to attract a white audience.

It's the same reason white comedians who are used to doing very well in front of white audiences notoriously bomb in front of black audiences. They have to adjust their humor to be more energetic and immediately gratifying when they perform in front of them.

You mean to tell me Jerry Springer's guests weren't authentic?

rest in pieces

F

I guess the sheep are waking up to the Jewish Propaganda Programming shows.

I wonder if any EX-Sheep are with us now?

Gee whiz, Colbert and Stewart leaving really did kill Comedy Central. I wonder why the Black Power Hour didn't catch on... days until Trevor Noah is out too?

I was far too young to understand politics during the Clinton administration, even on a superficial level. That said, I don't think that he left quite the legacy of hate that Bush did. The way I remember it, nearly everyone I knew hated Bush and thought that he was legitimately the worst president we have ever had. The level of hate he got was cartoonishly blown up.

South Park is the only thing relevant now for them, just like when 20 years prior.

I'm convinced the only reason he's still on is because it would be embarrassing to Comedy Central to pull him even though no one's watching and they're terrified of losing (or worse, offending) the listless leftist audience that remains. That network is falling apart, good fucking riddance.

>Funny doesn't give a fuck if it's offensive

>on a superficial level
I was young enough to be on that level

>everyone I knew hated Bush and thought that he was legitimately the worst president we have ever had
This was my experience too

The thing is, Trevor Noah really is funny. But he's a shit Daily Show host because he's from South Africa, and the Daily Show is about AMERICAN politics.

Evidence that Trevor Noah can be funny:
youtube.com/watch?v=GgZYCj39M38

please go boring negro

youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=yy7GOO7Y96Y&app=desktop

Watch this shit and tell me you're surprised this got canceled.

Also note the dislike bar.

Guess which side of politics the hate was coming from?

Also, bush was just their projector screen. They didn't hate bush, they hated America.

thats why his accent is so odd

Bring back Drawn Together

Recent ratings seem to put the Daily Show at 0.5 million and the Nightly Show at 0.35 million.

For comparison, Daily Show was 0.88 at the start of this year. Currently Jimmy Fallon is 3.67, Kimmel is 2.38, Colbert is 2.8.

Colbert is so desperate he begged a gaunt Jon Stewart to do a guest rant on a live show. If Colbert does get canned they'll probably replace him with a woman.

You can be a funny bitch like Chelsea handler or Joan rivers.

>Implying the somewhat well known new political movement, the Alt-right, didn't spawn from Sup Forums

It's being acknowledged by the main stream media and many political pundits and journalists. This board definitely does have a larger impact on american politics than you think. A large part of Trump's social media support is inspired by this board.

Wilmore is a really funny and entertaining guy. He simply fucked up with this show. He made it way too 'young' New York. Every guest was a blogger, thinker, or social critic working on their "brand" and paying their rent through nothing but having opinions. It was fucking cringe inducing. If it wasn't so SJW-like and bothered to have on respectful and cogent guests with a differing opinion for a polite conversation and exchange then it would have been worth watching.

good, fuck that commie nigger

Oh man, I miss when Comedy Central had edge. Drawn together was some quality irreverent comedy.

Holy shit that show would never be on Comedy Central today

Damn those numbers suck

Joan is the greatest female stand-up, Handler's not funny

I heard NBC wanted to fire Fallon because of his cocaine use but couldn't because the ratings were too high. They probably have his replacement on speed dial just in case he ODs.

clearly comedy central is racist and we should all write them emails so they can see how tolerant us liberals are .

>Drawn Together fan
gas yourself

Yep, when I was about 26 and still sort of part of the leftist clique, it kind of hit me. "History is going to vindicate Bush to an extent".

Yet, he was re-elected.

What does that say?

Colbert sucks when he isn't in his right wing conservative persona. Stewart was legit good but only because he has that jewish humor. I also think millenials are drawn to Fallon over Colbert because Fallon is younger while Colbert is a boomer.

>faggot

Who cares what you think

reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/4irxwq/comedy_central_prez_michele_ganeless_to_resign/

CC is really get unblacked and unjewed since Michele Ganeless resigned.

Tevor you are next :D

I don't know Fallon, but Kimmel will take shots at everyone.

That the people who hated him was the loud minority.

Viacom's ratings on all it's networks are down the shithole. It is pretty much doomed since its main target demo is all but abandoning cable tv for Netflix and other OTT platforms.

>Wilmore is a really funny and entertaining guy.

RACISM RACISM I AM BLACK AND EVERYTHING IS RACIST

Can I have my CC show now

Friendship with Malta broken
>Norway is my new best friend

Wilmore, like most of these fucks, has no business talking about American politics or social issues.

He grew up the son of a doctor in Northern California and went theater school.

He doesn't get a seat at the adults table in these discussions. Or shouldn't. Where are the black intellectuals? Why aren't they given shows?

At least they have Spongebob and South Park staying relevant after 20 years.

You're a massive faggot

Keep hoping this billboard was meant to be ironic but after watching her show, it appears the message was serious.

When it comes to cuck comedy, white progressives will only watch other white progressives do it.

Brickleberry was cash

Tell me more about what it was like experiencing the bush era as an adult. I only got to see it through the eyes of a child (I was eight years old when he entered office) and a superficially-aware teen (I was 16 when he left office). I don't really know what a person with an adult mind would think of that era. Tell me more, oldfag.

Bush was a lightning rod for their attacks. With Obama in the White House, they could only do the mildest of jokes about him so they needed a new target to go after. They discovered that straight white males weren't willing to defend themselves and made for easy targets.

>looks for my funny/insightful first comment
>oh that thread happened to be tossed into the hands of dan the archive man right after

wee woo boys
larrys gonna get it

> Larry Wilmore
> #KEEPITONEHUNDRED HAHAHA HOW DO YOU DO FELLOW KIDS
> HAHA I CAN'T RELATE TO ANY NEWS HEADLINE WITHOUT RELATING IT TO RACE LMAO
> I SUCK AT HOSTING PANELS AND LET NO-NAME IDIOTS RUN WILD LMAO

white progressives ironically don't like black comedy (think Kings of Comedy) because its really politically incorrect. Steve Harvey and Bernie Mac would kill it. Shame one died and the other is now a host for boomer gameshows.

This isn't remotely funny

Larry come into my office I need to speak to you

now Larry will like you and your message on race and gender, but sadly it's just not resonating with a core demographic "white people" and the ratings have been low

so Larry it's sad but we have gotten cancel your show

do you have anything to say Larry??

It's because I'm black isn't it.