China partially banned Suicide Squad from its cinemas because of qTana

stitcher.com/podcast/holy-batcast/e/45913179

>Katana's mask was one of the factors for the movie not being shown in China (it's the Japanese flag).

What is wrong with this country?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/28987-dr-strange-screenwriter-says-they-knew-social-justice-warriors-would-be-angry-over-the-ancient-one.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm surprised it wasn't banned because of enchantress using witchcraft.

Asia hates all of Asia.

Japan invaded them, killed a solid percentage of their population and raped the rest...

It's not like they're missing out on anything amazing...

Asians hate other Asians, but they all especially hate Japan. Something about the Rape of Nanking.

Even chinks know to stay away from capeshit.

What a bunch of pussies...you rape ONE fucking city a long time ago and they get butthurt FOREVER...

It's a communist shithole and the West should be ashamed for willingly indebting itself to it. Fuck China.

Maybe if japan own up to their sins their flag wouldn't be a trigger.

PTSD was triggered from the Rape of Nanking and Unit 731.

They're not missing much

Rape of Don King?

Never seen a thread like this where so many of the replies are saying the exact same fucking thing.

It's not even the Imperial Japanese flag.

Isn't that where gay people come from?

something to do with being invaded, people getting slaughtered, raped, and experimented on in the last 70 years, heard it was a big deal over there.

their still salty about it for good reason.

Were you not in that "two fat failures fuse to make an even fatter failure?" Everyone was either posting a reaction image or "KEK"

A lot of it's that, the other part is how a good part of Japanese society and politics is against even acknowledging there was any wrong doing whatsoever, never mind apologizing.

Your real "Nippon Banzai" crowd, the ones who are apologists about the "Good Old Days" of Japanese "Challenging Western Colonialism and Economically Integrating Backwards Areas".

Like, Shinzo Abe. He is probably not going to fucking apologize in a million years, although the Emperor is more apologetic about the whole thing, although probably, he wouldn't be QUITE that dickless in general if Japan hadn't taken a swing at Murrica and just contented themselves with their existing territory.

But then, Hitler couldn't abide only controlling most of Europe too, and got into it with like, everyone, and on two fronts.

Japan by contrast just plain underestimated Murrica, and got ground into hamburger for their trouble for it.

I think was both the mass murdering and mass rape that was done in like you know... WW0!!

>banning a movie over a character who maybe had 5 lines and barely any screen presence
The mention of the word suicide in the title felt more legit than this

That's DC / WB's fault. Katana never should have been included. If a movie studio wants to cash in on the fat China cash cow of viewers, you do NOT put a black actor front and central, and you DO include an Asian actor / actress, preferably Chinese or Korean, but NOT a Japan patriot reference.

What they should have done is put Killer Frost in the film, made her Chinese or a mix Anglo / Chinese actress, refer that it's a cinema universe film and not the comics to the fans, and called it a day.

see, this nigga should be in hollywood.

>links to two hour podcast.
got a timestamp?

all the Asian countries despise each other, it's like a toned-down version of Yugoslavia

>thinking the Rape of Nanking actually happened

Oh please that's just a bunch of propaganda from Chinese nationalists and commies. What the glorious Nippon army did there was completely within international law.

So by your logic, DC should not do anything that would upset China. This is the kind of shit that got Ancient One turned into a white woman, a move that the head writer admitted to doing because they wouldn't get the movie into China if they cast a Tibetan man.

Studios shouldn't bend to China's demands when fact is they only accept a small handful of films from out of the country anyway.

I WAS THERE user, all the HIGH pitched screams all the tiny ochinchis.

>they should have shit on the source material to suck chink dick like based Marvel!

No. Fucking kill yourself.

Just another drop in the bucket at that point.

China gives them $$$

don't be daft, the reason they turned the ancient one into a white women was because they wanted to.

if they didn't want to offend china, just say the ancient one is from NEPAL or some shit. i mean, how much of a stretch is that if you've already turned him into a WHITE WOMEN.

First: This is not Sup Forums...

BUT... China has been pulling some Cold-War crap on Japan for a while now.
You might have heard about those artificial islands they created, that was to claim sovereignty over international waters around Japan, and now they're building AirForce bases on those islands to give themselves first-strike capabilities if they go to war with Japan.
Showing their highly propaganda-controlled population a movie with a sympathetic Japanese character might confuse the people's loyalties when China does the next mean thing to Japan.
Simple as that.

>I don't read comics but I love shitposting about them!!!

WW2 Japan was about as close as humanity ever got to actual Supervillains. That being said, if this is true, Chinese officials are being whiny shitstains.

Though, on top of that, I doubt this story, at least not as a sole/major reason.

Wait Deadshot is a black guy with a kid and "no women no children" code?
Harley and Joker are....THAT?

Yeah, it's like crashing a few planes into a few buildings is enough to make America hate you for a decade and a half.

>Artificial island
Go on now?

newsarama.com/28987-dr-strange-screenwriter-says-they-knew-social-justice-warriors-would-be-angry-over-the-ancient-one.html

>"...He originates from Tibet, so if you acknowledge that Tibet is a place and that he’s Tibetan, you risk alienating one billion people who think that that’s bullshit and risk the Chinese government going, 'Hey, you know one of the biggest film-watching countries in the world? We’re not going to show your movie because you decided to get political.'"

>what is N52 deadshot
>what is every single Joker and Harley incarnation

So did USA to Japan, but they didn't banned the fucking american flag

How does China not know Tibet exists

How is the existence of Tibet political

Are chinks stupid

>MUH NANKING

Tibet is a province of China. Just like Taiwan.

Spectacular dubs, friend

>what is N52 deadshot
A white guy?
>what is every single Joker and Harley incarnation
not whatever was in that movie.

Tibet wants to be its own country.
China doesn't like that idea.

how are you so stupid about politics?

Yes, by my logic, if a movie studio wants Chinese viewer money, then they cater to Chinese racial character acceptance.

China currently LOVES CGI splooge fests of explosions, monsters, actions, and strange shit going down. Hence why World of Warcraft did crazy well there but shitty here in the states.

China viewers do NOT like black central / lead figures in films, especially men, and of course they do NOT like Japanese themed characters - the history mentioned in the thread and the current Pacific island fiasco that's been ongoing isn't going away anytime soon.

Chinese viewers DO pay big attention and flock to theaters if there's a Chinese actor / actress in the film that they can identify with. It's how it goes.

If you're outraged with how the world works, go scream outside the window or something and see if it makes a change. Money talks, and sales figures are facts. A Chinese Killer Frost wouldn't have killed anyone and the cash would have been thrown at them.

>World of Warcraft

Actually is just 'WarCraft'

It would have been disgusting.

Fuck chinks.

>How is the existence of Tibet political

Oh yeah I did see that. This one is more consecutive though.

I didn't know the USA fucked Japanese babies, cut out fetuses from pregnant Japanese women, forced Japanese to commit incest, played a game where the first one to kill 100 people with a sword wins, and performed experiments on the Japanese such as stripping them of their skin and leaving them in the cold to see how long the body can survive in winter without skin or giving the person only salt water to see how long a person can survive drinking only salt water (hint, not long). I also didn't know that the USA denies doing any of these things or they don't deny it, but say what they did wasn't wrong and are actually proud of it, even to this day.

The Chinese government believes Tibet to be part of China and thus uses propaganda to make its denizens believe the same. A movie showing a character that is Tibetan (rather than just calling them Chinese) would imply that Tibet is not part of China, but rather it's own independent country, which pisses off the gooks.

>tfw actually saw weebs on anime forums saying these things, but seriously

Because post-War Japan and America became Allies in the face of communism. That didn't happen in China, instead you had a narrative develop internally China had been bullied for a century and WW2 was the final shameful culmination. And that what Japan did was equivalent to what Nazi Germany did in Europe.

I think you're missing the reason why they picked Katana for this. They are pushing her right now as their token Asian hero for diversity sake.

Think about how much you have seen her around in the past couple years alone. She got her own comic mini, is part of DC Superhero Girls as a headliner, appeared in Arrow - they are doing all they can to up her presence. Putting her into the movie was a very purposeful move, and she's even in the Suicide Squad reboot comic.

They want her up front right now and this was their best chance, since every other DC movie coming up will be JL related with their lineup already decided.

>not wanting a thong wearing chinesse killer frost with a bubble butt

gay anons offend me.

The chinese are assholes nothing new

Even at a world wide event like the Olympics, there are a couple countries that aren't even allowed to say their countries name because it will offend China, Tibet and somewhere else, I think Malaysia.

Even if we ignore modern SJWisims, it hasn't worked for Germany. Or America.

How would it not imply that Tibet is a region of the planet

It takes a long time for people to get over their babies being put on bayonettes.

>there are a couple countries that aren't even allowed to say their countries name because it will offend China, Tibet and somewhere else, I think Malaysia.

That's fucking disgusting. China deserves to be nuked.

>cigar chewing exec: "What asian characters do we got at DC does anyone know?"
>comichead: "Uhh there's Katana. She can c-cut you in half like mowing the lawn..."
>"Perfect! Put her in there, China will love it!"

Asian guy here. Everyone hates China. They are the jews of Asia who are incapable of caring for any people and only money. They endlessly boast about their cultural superiority, are notorious for selling fake foods made of plastic, and stealing and copying the technology of other countries and then claiming it as their own. They also have their heads up their asses with their dumbass remedies, like "oh yeah drink tiger jizz and bear piss to cure erectile dysfunction." They ignore their social problems like the horrible pollution and poor living conditions and tell everyone they are the healthiest people on earth because of their rare tiger cum tea. Many have been brainwashed to hate America but try to imitate American lifestyle as much as possible. No one likes China but North Korea. I hope the cancer air, exploding iphone, and plastic rice kills them.

Changing it to Nepal wouldn't keep China from getting asschapped.

>Though, on top of that, I doubt this story, at least not as a sole/major reason.
Sole? No. Significant? It's very likely.

Biggest difference is that the Chiconm goverment has lots of people with guns in Tibet to deal with anyone who disagrees on that point.

China gets a full head of rage about chinese mystics as well. See Falum Gong, and how much China loses it's shit over that for an example.

Japan is cuckland, what do you expect. You throw one nuke and they get on their knees.

go away MacArthur

Just one more reason why we should have had Dutchess in this movie instead of Asian stereotype.

Funnily enough, only six of the Great Ten would actually make it past Chinese censors and half of those would probably need to be altered in some way.

I didn't want her in Skwad because Outsiders.

I was going to point out that the Rising Sun flag that is so iconic is basically their equivalent to the Confederate flag, but then that was actually a different flag entirely. That's pretty stupid of China, then.

I mean, yeah, what Japan did during their Imperial era was awful but that is literally just the modern Japanese flag. It's like getting triggered over Captain America's uniform.

Pic related?

>Squad 2 won't be about the Furies getting Godfrey outta prison

Taiwan too. Or as the reds try to claim it, "Chinese Taipei."

The CCP is what happens when you let cartoon supervillians run a country. Like censoring "democracy" and "freedom" from internet searches? That's some stupid shit you'd laugh at Cobra Commander for doing.

If i could channel the autism in this thread into pure energy i could power every major city in the world for thousands of years

To me, SS wasn't that good of a movie, but I'm very happy with a lot of what we got (Smithshot wasn't that bad and Katana was waifu material) and frankly, I'd rather studios just try to make whatever movie they want rather than gutting their movie just to chase the Chinese audience.

It won't, it will be about the squad hunting down Joker and Harley.

Also it's crazy how suddenly everyone on here is so oddly sympathetic towards Chinese audiences. Do you REALLY watch these big budget movies and wonder, "Gee, I wonder what China thinks about this?"

I really hope you don't.

>I was going to point out that the Rising Sun flag that is so iconic is basically their equivalent to the Confederate flag, but then that was actually a different flag entirely. That's pretty stupid of China, then.

China, Japan, and Korea hate each other with a passion. This isn't unexpected, they literally got holidays where they celebrate the demise of one another.

Personally I think a lot of 0.50 deposits just got made.

Implying that Tibet is anything more unique/geopolitcally important than any other random, farmpaddy district in china is UNACCEPTABLE.

>China, Japan, and Korea hate each other with a passion. This isn't unexpected, they literally got holidays where they celebrate the demise of one another.
I know that, but they could at least get triggered over the actual Rising Sun flag.

It's not like Katana says anything overtly political or anti-China. She's just a samurai chick who's there to keep everyone in check.

Duchess only works because the New Gods were already setup and integrated with the wider DCU. She'd be better off added in post Justice League.

>implying we're not strong jingoists wanted to export the fuck out of our culture just so we can corrupt the Chinese to become more like us

Are you calling me a shill?

Son, I didn't even LIKE the movie that much. It had a lot of problems.

It's just crazy to me that we don't ever get big budget movies with black protagonists in them because of a foreign country that most Americans will never see in person. And that people here defend that shit.

Like, who cares what the fuck they think?

>What is wrong with this country?
They don't have time for movies, have to get ready for their slow invasion of Canada

>Duchess only works because the New Gods were already setup and integrated with the wider DCU. She'd be better off added in post Justice League.

And played by Gina Carano

That's because we killed every nip that had testosterone.

She'd have to spend the whole movie standing on two soapboxes.

>Implying Camera Trickery couldn't make her look taller

Because after the Nukes dropped we help them build their country back to the way we wanted it. Now it's basically a baby USA over there.

Japan is literally the Germany of Asia.

>he doesn't want Gina Carano for Big Barda

Gina Carano is Gal Gadot after a stack cycle.

I haven't been defending China ITT, but at least Germany officially recognizes the tragedies they committed as Nazi Germany. In fairness to China, the Japanese government has never officially apologized for anything they did as Imperial Japan iirc, although from what I've read, Japanese citizens themselves take a sort of, "Yeah, it was pretty wrong and fucked up and it never should've happened, but we should just live and let live," sort of approach to it.

Like the way a lot of Americans are about tragedies we committed.

The people who want their money care a lot.
Though it's not really true, Chinks don't care as much as people imply. Fast and Furious did pretty well there despite starring two black guys and two half black guys though maybe they all went so they could see the Japanese guy get fucking creamed by Chet Chelios.

Everybody in Asia hates Japan. Even Japan.

She should be edited out if ever for a Chinese release.

I thought it was the Rape of Nat King.

So what do the other asian countries do?

Isn't she supposed to be a villain, though? Can villains not wear the symbols of villainy?

Not in some countries. It's like why the Swastika can't be used as a sign of a villain in German stuff.

Not give a fuck about the Asian super powers.