We learn in the beginning of the movie that acid can fuck up a t1000 in a matter of seconds

>we learn in the beginning of the movie that acid can fuck up a t1000 in a matter of seconds
>arnie then proceeds to spend 30 years stockpiling conventional arms instead of making an acid super soaker

makes u go hmmm

but the T1000 was fucked up because of dry ice or some shit.
and even this didn't kill him.

>James Cameron never made a Terminator kino after Judgement Day

Make em say ughhhhhhh

I heard he is getting the Right back in a year or 2 or so and that he will merge it together with Avatar 2 somehow.

Why would Arnie need it? He had no idea John Conor was a terminator.

Now, the real plot hole is why did they time travel to just 1 day before Judgement Day? Why not travel to the previous year to give themselves some time to prepare?

Eaasy Money

Damn, that thing exists.
Thank you for reminder.

Even Salvation was much better.

Na-na na-na

>Skynet's reasoning for destroying humanity was always bullshit
>It's actually magic trees that brainwashed the computer into wiping out humanity
>Because magic trees are beautiful and majestic, and darn-diddly-doo isn't nature great!

That's not true. In T2 Arnie explained that Skynet's attack was a reaction to the humans trying to shut it down. It was basically just defending itself.

In the later movies Skynet had no motive.

wasn't that because Skynet saw Humanity as enemies to itself?

>It's actually magic trees that brainwashed the computer into wiping out humanity
what if skynet needs unobtanium to expand its network and power further and sees it as very important to get rid of the tree niggers?

I meant in the way that the movie would establish that that reasoning was made up.

That being said, Skynet's reasoning was already bullshit in T2, but only on the sending back another Terminator end.

In Terminator, Skynet's logic was reasonable. "Send back Terminator, have it kill my enemy, in the new timeline to come, I win."

In T2: "So, I've sent back a Terminator, and this timeline is still here, so I could send back a Terminator again, but I already have proof that all it does is create a new timeline, so it does fuck all for me, I'm clearly not getting replaced with a victorious version of myself, even if my Terminators do their job... I should definitely spend tons of resources into sending back more Terminators."

actually the events of Terminator 1 didn't stop Judgement Day from about to happen because the T800 from the first movie left his brain chip there.

You're wrong on the timelines.

Skynet knew the T-800 would fail, but it had to send it back because the technology to create Skynet came from that Terminator's CPU. Similarly, John can't exist if he doesn't send back Kyle. It's a stable time loop.

Now, T2 is Skynet's true attempt to kill John.

That's not what I'm saying.

If the timeline from which the Terminators are sent would be affected, then the first Terminator sent back would already be sent back to do something else, as the targets the previous Terminator did get would no longer be targets.
This means, that basically the timeline would keep resetting everytime a Terminator is sent back, starting with a new set of targets.
If it doesn't reset, then that means for the Skynet who observes its own continuation past sending the Terminator back, that the Terminator made no change, because its targets still exist/have existed, which means it's utterly pointless to continue sending anything back.

By that logic, when the Terminator CPU was destroyed in T2, a new set CPU would have ended up creating Skynet, if any at all (considering Cameron wants to continue the franchise, even if you ignore the other movies, this still happens), but that would also destroy the events of the first film, and as such John Connor, because Skynet would have different information to go off than before, thus making it impossible for it to create the same timeloop.

Also the whole concept of Skynet wanting to create a Timeloop only to them proceed and break it by killing John Connor anyway before he can send back Kyle Reese (which would break the loop) is dodgy at best.

The movies establish that it was a last desperate effort from Skynet right before the humans shut it down. It wasn't being logical, it was just shooting in the dark.

actually everything got completely fucked through the time machine.

The Original John Connor from the original timeline wasn't the son of kyle reese.

so actually Skynet stopped John Connor from winning by making the Humans send a dude back who makes Sarah Preggo and Judgement day happened anyway in every timeline.
Now we don't know if in T3 (if we consider it canon) Skynet was successfull there by destroying humanity.

Yes, that was in the events of Terminator 1.

In Terminator 2, it somehow survived past the point of being shutdown as told by Kyle Reese (or maybe it wasn't being shut down at all, and their intel was shit about where the true core of Skynet was, it's not specified).

As I said, Terminator 1 makes sense within its own set of rules. Skynet has no way of reaffirming yet whether the plan will work or not, it's a desperate attempt to save itself, like you said.
In Terminator 2, it already observed that it didn't do shit, because if it did, then the timeline would have stopped right after the Terminator from Terminator 1 is sent off, but it still repeats the same shit again, just with a different Terminator, as if that would change how timetravel functions.

>The Original John Connor from the original timeline wasn't the son of kyle reese.

How are there still people who believe this retarded shit? The picture of Sarah that John gave Kyle proves that shit wrong alone.

No, Skynet sent back 2 Terminators before they took it offline. That's all there is to it.

how is it proof?

the timeline got fucked the moment the time machine send back the T800 and Kyle Reese, at this point the loop closed and seperated the time line from the original one were Humanity won.

Right, two completely different Terminators, in two places, and John Connor also managed to somehow hack a Terminator in the meantime and send it back too, even though he couldn't have done that. (Because we literally see Kyle being sent back, and there is no fucking Terminator just tiptoeing about, waiting to get back in time.)

None of that changes the fact that if time travel actually did what Skynet hoped it would, then the timeline would either have to be an absolutely perfect loop (Which it can't be, because the Terminator does kill a few targets that wouldn't be targets in the future), or it would have to overwrite the future from which the time traveller was sent.
If Skynet can send back a terminator in time, and then process the fact that nothing changed, then that should prove to it, that sending Terminators back doesn't actually do anything for it, and instead a new timeline is being created, with a different Skynet, that will experience a different future.

Well, for one Kyle remembers that picture from before he traveled back, and the whole reason he came to 1984 was because he was in love with Sarah. "I came across time for you, Sarah."

If he never saw the picture he would never have fallen in love with her and volunteered to go back in time.

We never see Kyle being sent back in the original T1, only in Genesys.

Also, John didn't need to hurry because it was a time loop.

if the t-1000 is made of metal then how did he travel back in time? did he trick the time lords by being naked?

No, it's a predestination paradox from the start, nigger.

So if Sarah Connor dies, the timeline is restored, and Skynet is defeated in the future?

its still no proof that he is the father of the original John Connor, the fact that timelines are splitting is proof tho that he isn't the dad of the original John.

It altered its structure to immitate organic cells.

No, because of what said.`

died at which point? before or after his birth?

Skynet is undefeated by the way, all they achieved in T1 and T2 is dragging it out.

In T2 it happenend in 1994, then in T3 it happened in the 2000s and the outcome was more or less the same.

Cameron himself has said that it's a predistination paradox. All you have is some crazy theory about splitting timelines, when we know there's only one timeline in the Terminator universe.

Cameron is an old man obssessed with CGI cat people, I don't trust a word he says.

couldn't it still have done than with clothes on?

> You will never live in the timeline where James Cameron's expansive Terminator Shared Universe ran from 92 to 2010, containing 4 blockbuster films and a TV series that fixes every single plot hole, and gives a solid ending to the entire arc
> You will always live in the universe where Cameron bailed and the rights to the franchise resulted in some of the most lackluster sequels and canon to ever exist

Great argument, mate. Totally convinced me.

What would be the point of wearing weird rags from 2029 in 1994?

surely any clothes at all would be less conspicuous than strolling around naked. and skynet had plenty of data regarding 20th century fashion.

accept that it was illogical plot to make us question who the good guy was.

>it's a predistination paradox
doesn't this actually mean that Skynet can't win but Humans get nuked anyway no matter what?

Cameron apparently doesn't know what a Pre-Destination Paradox is, because he himself broke any chance of it being a pre-destination paradox, when he established that to some degree events can be changed, when he created Terminator 2, establishing information about the Future, that are later made impossible in the present.

While Skynet may be inevitable due to the hubris of man, it's not a pre-destination paradox if events can change.

Nah he'll just sell it off to another company. He doesn't give a fuck about Terminator, Avatar is his sci-fi baby now

bullshit, in a recent interview he said that he wants to reinvent it and make it gud

JUST

>Similarly, John can't exist if he doesn't send back Kyle. It's a stable time loop.
WROOOONGGGG. The loop had to start somewhere. In the first original timeline some random dude fucked Sarah Connor and John was born. Then John sends his friend to help his mother, and Kyle becomes his father. Nothing change because just like Kyle died, the original father had no influence in John's development. Probably a one night fuck.

Johns Connor face didnt change because T1 and T2 happen already in the loop.

>Skynet motive doesnt make sense
Regarding the motives of Skynet, you have to remember that T1 and T2 are practically selfcontained, and the t3 and t4 werent written with the same idea Cameron had in mind.

According to Cameron in t2, Skynet sends the t1000 after being defeated as a last fuck you. The t1000 is self-conscious, can learn, developed malice and ITS NOT alligned with Skynet. The t1000 just goes along with the plan for personal reasons. Skynet knows this. And knows the t1000 will alter history so much that the t1000 might be the one who destroys Skynet and rule the world. But that doesnt matter. Its a last fuck you to human race. Not a triumph card.

The t1000 is also a one of a kind. It was sealed and imprisoned by Skynet for being too much of a threat. They open the box of horrors after being completely cornered.

In t4, Skynet was an ark to save a small part of the human race from themselves. That plotline was removed.

>He wants to make it gud
All the more reason to sell it off, no?

That only proves they are already inside the timeloop. Not that there wasnt an original timeline leading to that timeloop you fucking retard

>According to Cameron in t2, Skynet sends the t1000 after being defeated as a last fuck you. The t1000 is self-conscious, can learn, developed malice and ITS NOT alligned with Skynet. The t1000 just goes along with the plan for personal reasons. Skynet knows this. And knows the t1000 will alter history so much that the t1000 might be the one who destroys Skynet and rule the world. But that doesnt matter. Its a last fuck you to human race. Not a triumph card.
>The t1000 is also a one of a kind. It was sealed and imprisoned by Skynet for being too much of a threat. They open the box of horrors after being completely cornered.

You're making me feel very much like I'm in the wrong timeline, because a) none of this has any basis in anything that was established in either movie, and b) I could have sworn we do see John say a few words to Kyle before sending him off in Terminator 1, but someone above pointed out and I looked it up: That scene does not exist. (I even remember noting when watching Genisys how well they re-created the scene up until the T-100000000 or whatever reveals itself.)
The fuck is going on? Do I have this bad of a memory?

why didn't the T1000 just wait at the place where Skynet was developed in T2?
All he had to do was waiting until John shows up.

>melts into floor and wait until john steps on it
>stabs him dead

In recent interviews he also said Genesys and Salvation were amazing and a reinvigoration of the franchise.

He's a businessman trying to keep the Terminator stock up so he can make money when he sells it again.

Its from interviews during the release of the movie. Cameron explained the t1000 in detail.

>"I started thinking about the film in two stages. In the first stage the future sends back a mechanical guy, essentially what The Terminator became, and the good guys send back their warrior. In the end, the mechanical guy is destroyed. But up there in the future, somewhere, they say, well, wait a minute, that didn't work; what else do we have? And the answer is something terrible, something even they're afraid of. Something they've created that they keep locked up, hidden away in a box, something they're terrified to unleash because even they don't know what the consequences will be - they being the machines, now in charge of the future.

>"And that thing in the box becomes a total wild card; it could go anywhere, do anything; it's a polymorphic metal robot that is nothing more than a kind of blob. I saw it as this mercury blob that could form into anything. It's powers were almost unlimited, and even in the future, they couldn't control it. That scared me. Just sitting there writing the story scared me.

>"We saw the T-1000 as an advanced prototype, an experimental Terminator that could think and have a personality (...), which of course, the first Terminator could not do."

we have to go back

Arrived inside a flesh bag/slave.

>but I already have proof that all it does is create a new timeline
Huh? There's no evidence of this at all.

This. The scene was removed.

The future does not cease to exist the moment a time traveller leaves, even one that directly alters the past by eliminating targets.
That is all the proof necessary.

According to the shooting script, storyboards and novelisation of T2 approved by Cameron:

>Humans defeat Skynet in last-ditch battle to smash its defence grid, destroy its core and capture the temporal displacement equipment that John has foreknowledge of
>As the humans close in on its compound, it sends two Terminators back in time, one directly after the other
>T800 to 1984
>T1000 fresh off assembly apparatus to 1995 as a redundancy

It's implied Skynet is actually shut down once and for all between the T800 and T1000 travelling back, the resistance get to temporal device moments after the T1000 has left, and find the machinery used to create it nearby. So it would never have known either way, the entire effort with the two Terminators was a last roll of the dice on being able to save itself.

No, you're just using boring time travel rules. Terminator uses fun time travel rules, just like Back to the Future.

the entire franchise is dumb as fuck
>skynet goes back in time, less than 100 years, to kill some fag who was blowing up his shit
>not going back 1000000 years and taking over the entire planet effortlessly
I guess dinos and no infrastructure is too hard for the super ai machine to deal with
whatever

If you go back that far, you erase your own existence when you accidentally kill the monkey ancestors of your creators.

who said they didn't......

>Terminator: Medieval Day

>2017
>Still no Wild West Terminator kino