Are there any Mel Brooks Tier parodies today?

Are there any Mel Brooks Tier parodies today?
All the ones I find are either too stupid, or fail to be amusing, like the Starving Games.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-YLIwkfJs
youtube.com/watch?v=1tNrvDA_eE8
youtube.com/watch?v=H5Lg_14m-sM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Walk Hard
>stupid or failing to be amusing

Neck yourself.

Hot Fuzz is one of the best in recent memory

>best parody movie in recent time
>came out in 2007

Can we talk about the state of the genre?

Black Dynamite is the only good and recent one I can think of.

Top 10 Sibling Rivalries in TV and Movie

as much as you triggered r/donald types are against it, seth rogan and james franco are the modern equivalent of mel brooks and, say, gene wilding. known for comedy with critical reception and are the premiers of there craft

those all dont really parody a specific movie though.

Wrong kid died that day.

It's because most movies these days poke fun at themselves.

>walk hard
>doesn't parody a specific movie

... are you fucking stupid?

Neither does SpaceBalls

>Hot Fuzz
>Not Shaun of the Dead
what the fuck

how much does it really parody walk the line aside from the name?
wat

blazing saddles doesn't parody a specific movie either!

None of Mel Broks' parodies are single-film parodies. Especially considering those movies already have multiple adaptations.

It is pretty much a dead genre...it is all about reboots/remakes and prequels

>yes

okay then

Men in tights is a pretty straight parody of king of thieves with some other Robin Hood flicks thrown in.

the only specific mockery of prince of theives was achoo.

also little john, somehow, not knowing the river he'd used to rob people to make a living was only 2 feet deep.

the characters were pretty much all the same with the look of the sheriff and prince john swapped.

And the thights

i think those "movies" like
>epic movie
>disaster movie
>etc
more or less killed the fucking genre. shame.

has there even been one recently? the last one I saw was that 300 parody movie which literally just shoehorned memes of that day in. based brooks did it properly.

dude weed lmao isn't the same as these older parody movies were

youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-YLIwkfJs

Very little is on the same level as top tier Mel Brooks, but that was true even then. This, along with Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs, are a trifecta of parody that's rarely been rivaled before or since.

There have been a few here and there, but most of them are genre parodies (especially horror) and very few really had significant budgets or casts behind them. Zombieland, Dead Snow, Slither, Troll Hunter, Tucker & Dale, and Rise Of Leslie Vernon come to mind in the horror department. Casa De Mi Padre was a pretty entertaining parody of telenovas, using the "ludicrous nonsense played with a straight face" Naked Gun style. Tropic Thunder and The Other Guys did the action movie thing. They Came Together for romcoms. Your Highness for fantasy. And of course there's the fringe stuff like Ross Pattersen or Troma products.

>i think those "movies" like
>epic movie
>disaster movie
Of course, the ones that actually started that were the Scary Movies, which were also the only ones that kept the quality (relatively) high.

its a robin hood movie, the characters have been pretty much the same for almost a century now

Nah, the first user was right. It IS a robin hood movie, obviously, but the gags are like 60% Prince of Thieves, 30% older Errol Flynn type stuff, and 10% Other. MiT is more "about specific thing" than say blazing saddles (which parodies a whole genre), and more similar to Spaceballs, which is mostly just star wars jokes.

that's a bit of a silly claim to make, as prince of thieves was basically just 80% "every other robin hood movie" with a moor and costner.

Yes but it was created as a response to PoT.

Similarly, Hot Shots parodies all war movies, but is inspired by Top Gun.

Problem is the big genre is capeshit and it's all too self-aware. What's going to parody it better than Deadpool?

More than a parody, but functionally a parody, brilliantly, lovingly created

You were raised on the Scary Movie franchise weren't you

>witch
>black companion
>blind old man
>the look of prince John, Marian, her Maiden and the Sheriff

are you retarded?

It spoofs every biopic about music. That's the point of a spoof. Not just to mock one movie by recreating scenes wholesale.

Oh yeah? I'm going to have to check it out.

Watching the preview now. It's actually a little jarring - given how it's shot, I keep expecting the dialog to be in Italian.

This right here was pretty great
youtube.com/watch?v=1tNrvDA_eE8

>Shaun of the Dead
Is that movie any good?

It's alright. Shit ending, I thought

a couple of the scary movies weren't bad, but it got to the point where the "epic, disaster, etc" movies were doing parodies of movies that were literally still in theaters. absolute garbage tier.

>airplane vs men in tights.

What is the GOAT?.

Spaceballs is acceptable answer too.

>Shaun of the Dead
>Is that movie any good?
Pretty funny flick, but a lot of the jokes rely on you knowing your way around zombie movies. Like most of this category, you need to be familiar with the thing being parodied or it falls flat.

naked gun

"Unlike other Robin Hoods, *I* can speak with a British accent"
>looks directly into the camera
>Kevin Costner then makes Waterworld

Not another teen movie is the closest thing we had to parody kino.
The first scary movie too.

There was never really a spoof of waterworld, was there?

Then again, why bother, it's already a parody of itself.

>anna nicole smith in 33 1/3
my adolescent dick was diamonds

Teen movie was decent. Best thing about it was giving Randy Quaid an excuse to be cousin eddy again.

Speaking of Quaid reminds me of probably my favorite flick in the wacky parody sub-genre.

>the plot is a number of factions chasing after a little girl to strip her naked and examine every inch of her body

you can't really parody this.

I only watched 28 days from the pre-2004 zombie movies.

Loved that movie.

>mfw Dragon's Dogma got the idea for multi-arrow shot from this

hot fuzz is better
they're both fantastic movies, obviously

Lel faggot

>be 10
>omg thats the hottest girl ever

>be 34
>ew too old

mind, what the fuck

Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, and History of the World pt 1 are genre parodies just like Black Dynamite.

Yep, very much indebted to Giallo, also polanski, demy and more

Was that the one that had a Johnny Depp Willy Wonka parody like 9 years after that movie came out?

>you now remember the juice was in naked gun

For those willing to venture a little bit out, there are two very good Czech parodies out there.

First is Lemonade Joe for western and Four Murders Are Enough, Darling for gangster comics. Both created with supreme dedication and understanding of the genre.

Police Squad was better on every level

no. it had random simon cowell, paris hilton, britney spears and other american TV 'stars' show up every five minutes for no reason other than meme value.

deadpool is basically a parody of superhero movies

youtube.com/watch?v=H5Lg_14m-sM

Yeah, that's a good one.

>you now remember the juice was in naked gun
Did you forget that? He's there for basically the whole movie.

It's a homage not a parody, enjoyable but a bit boring

Thanks pedantic autist, but it it very, very clearly parodies horror/giallo/60s tropes.