Is this the best page in comic books history, Sup Forums? I can't think of a better one and I'm more of a Superman fan

Is this the best page in comic books history, Sup Forums? I can't think of a better one and I'm more of a Superman fan.

Sure. Whatever.

No, it's pretty stupid.

Shitty book made readable by based Bermejo.

Why? Tell me why?

He's the worst part about Joker and Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

Is Azerello a Batman hack?
>This book
>Killing Joke
>DKR3 is okay, surpassed by Last Crusade

Wait, what does he have to do with DKR3, Killing Joke and Last Crusade?

Pfft. That page ain't so great.

>people not liking Joker

How is it to have such a shit taste lingering around your mouth all the time?

he cowrote dk3 with miller

>He's the worst part about Joker and Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.
Fucking wow.

>Tell me why?

It's meant to be this powerful one-liner moment where Batman says something really poignant or insightful, but in actuality what he says doesn't mean much of anything. So he's leaving part of his face visible to mock the Joker by showing how his face isn't scarred or deformed? Like how good your face looks somehow corresponds to how good of a person you are?

Give me a better one, then.

He was playing mind games with the Joker. It's obviously not the real reason why.

Maybe it has something more to do with facial expression, like he allows his lower face to be seen so that he can be observed to be smiling?

>He was playing mind games with the Joker.

And how did that work out for him? Really helped save that hostage, huh?

>He's the worst part about Joker and Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.
Jesus Christ dude kill yourself.

The Batman in the Joker GN doesn't give a rat's ass about thugs like Johnny. I mean he throws Harley Quinn out of a fucking window.

You're not even supposed to be sure if Batman says anything at all, maybe Joker just imagined and went apeshit.
If he said it, obviously he doesn't mean that's actually the reason why he shows his mouth.

I'm not the user you're asking that, but here's one example of a Batman page I think is a lot more interesting. In a very short amount of frames / dialogue it gets you thinking about how crazy paranoid and well prepared Bruce is on a constant basis, to the point where he apparently:

A) Never blinks
B) Actually notices each time someone else around him blinks
C) Habitually switches drinks whenever he notices someone he's drinking with blinking as a precaution against being poisoned

>hostage

Fuck Johnny. Hardly a hostage since he spent 90% of the comic sucking on Joker's dick.

The other 10% was his wife sucking Joker's dick so yeah. Johnny a cuck.

Not even close.

I know I can't draw better, but the blood on the Joker's face in the first panel looks awful

Pretentious art that has absolutely no sense of pacing or movement in each panel.

That page from all star superman is the best page in comic book history. The fact that you know it without me posting it proves it.

How can a fucking drawing be "pretentious"? Do you even know what that word means, son?

>calling art pretentious
Come on, user. That's just silly.

I actually don't know which one you're talking about. The origin page? The riddle page? The suicide page? The real-life Superman page? The big kiss page? The Superman-in-the-Sun page? The last page?

And here's a high quality non-Batman page.

>Pretentious
I don't think you know what the word means

You're right about his awful storyelling though

Me either desu. I hate guessing games.

Suicide page, of course. It's the page with most FEELS.

Fucking lol.
"Pretentious art"
Holy fucking cocks, you are a whole new level of retard.

the suicide page, it feels even more powerful in the wake of Zack Snyders grim dark take on the character.

words words words

Go away, Sup Forums, we're talking about comics here

This page IS superman, it condenses everything WB failed to do in 2 films into a single page.

The trick is to read those words and understand what they mean. Words aren't inherently bad.

A good comic book page is a showcase of both writing and art. If one takes over the other, it's not a good page.

I guess that means user thinks they're trying to pull off something that there's no need for: excessive attempts to impress with their talent = pretentious.

I dont know what this is but i get the feeling Grant Morrison wrote it.

Sauce?

>can switch drinks in the blink of an eye

That's Mary Sue Batman, though. Page invalidated. Joker by Azzarello's Batman is much better, since he can't cheat and rescue the hostage.

There's still a lot of visual art there too. You see the former comic book superhero bandaged up and stuck in a wheelchair overlooking an enormous comic book floor and also get to see the interplay between the reality he's in and the fantasy world he came from that he's now having to look down on.

The real-life Superman page gets me crying like a small girl every single time. Why is it so beautiful, bros?

>This page IS Superman at the very end of his career before he flies off into the heart of the sun to re-emerge a Golden God 1 million years in the future.
>WB can't get it right.

It's The Filth and you're right, it is Grant Morrison.

>Joker by Azzarello's Batman is much better, since he can't cheat and rescue the hostage.

Batman's supposed to be skilled to the point of borderline impossibility though. That's the point of his character, he's always cheating.

I liked Luthor but I don't give 2 shits about joker as a character is this worth reading?

>Batman's supposed to be skilled to the point of borderline impossibility though. That's the point of his character, he's always cheating.

That's what you were conditioned to believe in. He doesn't have to be a Mary Sue to be Batman. For instance, Batman Begins and TDK's Batman wasn't a Mary Sue and was still the same character we know and love. TDKR Batman was a Mary Sue, though.

Absolutely. Reminds you of why Joker is a good Batman villain.

It's like I'm really back in 2009.

The better one is the Superman version of this in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

Which you'd understand, if you were actually a Superman fan.

I don't know what point you're trying to make.

This page works with or without any of that context

Was that the one about Lex's soul?

No.

>That's """"""Mary Sue"""""" Batman, though.

Fixed

best response

He's not talking about the story dipshit, that singular page sums up everything wrong with Snyder's superman

I like this sequence

Part of me always wanted someone to edit this so Supes pushes her in the last panel. As a goof I mean.

Sauce?

Incorruptible, last page.

WB aren't trying to do this.

Jesus have you read any other Superman book besides ASS? There's nothing specific in the page that screams Superman, any other Superhero could do this. What makes it soo good is the context. Supes is fucking dying and is using his lasts moments to save as many people as he can, and his takes this moment to tell someone that they are important and that everything will be okay.
The I can save everyone and sun page are better.

>The I can save everyone and sun page are better.

not the guy you replied to but i disagree, saving everyone is just superman being super, anyone with a good enough power set can do that, saving regen was personal, an act that any human could preform, it shows that even though he is superman, its the man part, not the super part thats most important.

and thats why its shit, even casuals dont want grim and gritty interpretations of a character like superman, viewers want to be lifted up not dragged down.

For me the page shows the man in Superman, he has the problem all humans face eventually, the death of a loved one. And despite being a superhero there's nothing he could do to stop the death of his father.

In contrast with the last page, that shows Superman doing only he could do, save humanity after death and embracing his role as a 'sun god'.

>it shows that even though he is superman, its the man part, not the super part thats most important.
"It's not about what we've been given in this life, it's about how we use it to make the world a better place".

Even as his powers decayed and he himself shed his immortality he continued to save people. Not just save, he kicked it up to a new level, even for him.

Surely it was Irredeemable, the main comic in that universe? I don't recall Incorruptible showing that particular bit.

He wrote DKIII and TLC based on Miller cliff notes and did the cript for the animated TKJ movie.

Whichever had Plutonian for protagonist and not Max Damage. I always mix up names of those two books.

Indeed it was.

Yeah, Plutonian is Irredeemable. The easy way to remember is that Irredeemable is about the Plutionian giving up and just losing his shit, becoming "Irredeemable." While Max Damage realizes someone has to step up as a hero and lives his life by a set of ridiculously heroic guidelines, trying to be "Incorruptible." It's not perfect, but basically, good guy going bad has the "bad" title, bad guy going good has the "good" title.

It's a pretty damn good page.

I'm partial to the butlering myself.

>last panel
co on the weekends

And I always switch it, with Max Damage fighting against stigma of being criminal, and thus Irredeemable. I like Max's book little more.
Not matter, you pointed out my error.

I always imagine her just hanging around on the roof and supes startles her into jumping. Jackass.

What is he actually talking about? Face?

Yes, this Joker has a glasgow smile and he's jealous of Batman's perfect chin.

Yes, this one is much better than OP's.

>dat gritty filter

My fucking sides, you did it user.

shit that font

Does Sup Forums like this ending? I feel like I'm in a minuscule minority in loving that page

why do they look 5 years old

There are a lot of really cool ones though.

I agree, well said that man.

How is it pretentious?

>how can a drawing be pretentious?

How can art be pretentious? Come on now. Art can be pretentious but I don't see how Bermejo's is.

Azzarello thinks Batman's way is a completely ineffective method of fighting crime, it's supposed to be a jerk-ass statement that only escalates the conflict. Frost's internal monologue on the last two pages spells it out.

I thought Frost's monologue was that there's no cure for the Joker, but there is a Batman?

Which implies that even if he can't "fix" the problem of people like the Joker, at least Batman contains the damage.

He's in the process of killing himself because of the painful, possibly fatal facial wound he got as a result of Batman's failed negotiation tactics, this isn't much of a controlled situation.

Eh. I always found it kind of insulting that Waid would so blatantly create a Superman expy and then retroactively have that character be the inspiration for Superman.

It feels like someone creating an OC Donut Steel and making them a relative of the main character, only more awesomer.

I liked Irredeemable quite well until about the halfway point where Hornet's secret is revealed. After that, it felt like Waid started pulling stuff out of his ass to make the narrative work, like giving characters new superpowers and promoting major story events (Plutonian vs. Max Damage) that didn't really go anywhere.

>Hyper realistic drawing of superheroes and villains
>not pretentious

Pick 1.

B-but Batman doesn't kill!

On the other hand it is kind of too much for him to switch drinks in the blink of an eye. Maybe he could have faked yawning and switched the drinks when the other guy yawns instead.

What is Batman wearing? Why is that man in the bottom right so disgusted? Is Hal so poor he has to temp as a waiter?

End of kingdom come. They are all old, batman is wearing an exoskeleton to support his aged and wrecked body from being batman (also the bottom chin part is totally from a darth Vader costume, which always bothered me) he's meeting with supes and wondy after a cataclysmic battle, the restaurant is superhero themed so all the waitstaff wear costumes. That guy in the background is just a dick probably

Kingdom Come takes place in the future.
Years of crime-fighting and physical wear have made it to where Bruce needs a power-suit to remain mobile.
That's a Green Lantern impersonator at the superhero-themed "Planet Krypton."
Because men hugging is disgusting of course.

That guy was only temporarily paralyzed. Go read the book, it's great.