Dunkirk

Wasn't crazy about this one. Not particularly exciting and it lacks an emotional punch.

Am I alone in this?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-40724861
youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Not particularly exciting
It's the most thrilling blockbuster of the year.

A Nolan fanboy said he fell asleep at times during one screening. A fanboy.

>DAD DAD
>WOZ IT KID?
>IZ GEORGE, E'S..E'S..
>COMON SPIT IT OUT BEFORE I FETCH TA BELT
>E'S DUN KIRKED HIS HEAD E AS
>E'S DEAD M8

So a wonderful script

You and that fanboy must be fucking deaf, over 70% of the film is chaotic action.

If not copypasta, this is pretty funny

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-40724861
>Does Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk ignore the role of the Indian army?

Well Sup Forums?

We shall poo on till the end. We shall shit in France, we shall shit in the seas and oceans, we shall shit with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall shit on the beaches, we shall shit on the landing grounds, we shall shit in the fields and in the streets, we shall shit in the hills; we shall never practice hygiene

I avoided all spoilers until I seen it

So can someone now tell me what the meme was of this guy looking up?
It seemed totally natural in the film.
I saw lots of threads with this image

Thanks

Holy fucking kek

>I avoided all spoilers until I seen it

It's a thing that actually happened user. You avoided history?

hohoho real funny u fucking idiot, as if english are so hygenic, come to indian and see for urself

Reminder that no Indian has ever nailed a British queen, but a Paki has

>Indians get to bang queens
>Arabs get to bang princesses
>Pakis get to bang mere common school girls

Is that how the British caste system works?

The story m8
You know. The story
The story of Dunkirk...no wait the story of Dunkirk the moiv8 which is 1.40hr and revolves around a story Nolab made up not the entire history of Dunkirk and WW2 and the rest of history m8

is the fan boy alright?

Are you a non-white or a woman? if so, you lack the capacity to understand the film

his stupid face was cut out of the movie

He's fuckin dead mate

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I

you are not alone in having a shit opinion, no.
you have armond white and various SJWS on your side

This was a "white" peoples movie... racist.

I think it might get better with repeat viewings. I left the theatre calling the film 'weird'.
>no big action set pieces
>hardly any dialogue
>score is just pounding synth and ticking clocks
>none of the soldiers have a name, except the one that got buried
>the only recognizable actor's face is covered nearly the entire film
>the editing and pacing were confusing
I really liked it from a technical point of view too though. It was very tight.

I thought the film did a good job at building tension.

Thats about the only thing it did and thats because of the extemely loud gunfire, Stukas and the constant ticking/music.

desu I didnt really even feel like the Germans were really so close to killing off the Brits, even though the supposedly were a few blocks away from the beach judging by the opening.

The temporal shifts were annoying and the repetitive scenes only from different angles felt somewhat lazy watching it over again - although some of my friends said they enjoyed this since it tied the story and characters together.

Was this guy kept in the final cut?

I've taken shits more thrilling

Yes, but the shot cuts right before the moment where he smiles.

>Am I alone in this?
No
>The fastidiously severe images that are usually a watermark of Nolan’s willful artistry here give way to an anonymously practical recessiveness; rather than inflect his images, he lets the scale of his format, the 70mm. negative and the IMAX screen, do the bulk of the visual work. The next step in the movie’s immersive viewing might have been for cold water to wash along the aisles. Hans Zimmer’s absurdly overbearing music, which virtually bellows emotional commands at viewers, is matched by Nolan’s use of bass sounds—whether those of the music or of sound effects—that made the floor rumble and the seats shake at the IMAX screening I attended. The sensory overload of “Dunkirk” is also an anti-intellectual barrage that effaces the actual differences that were overcome with difficulty in pursuing the war—not just personal ones but also skepticism of bureaucracy, resentment of military discipline and hierarchy, social and political conflicts—the full spectrum of public discord that may have been muted in the midst of the war but that were detailed afterward by journalists, historians, and artists. (George Orwell’s wartime writings also give a sense of it.) “Dunkirk” seems, rather, like one of the self-censoring exhortations of wartime itself. Nolan’s sense of memory and of history is as flattened-out and untroubled as his sense of psychology and of character.

I'm dying here

I felt like it was going for kino shot after kino shot with overbearing Zimmer score filling in the long gaps of nothing but staring off into the distance.

I never felt this with any of Nolan's other films.

Dunkirk is a film remainers won't understand.

You sound like a fag. Are you gay, or perhaps a woman?