The Winter Soldier has been described as a political thriller with superhero elements...

The Winter Soldier has been described as a political thriller with superhero elements. If this same idea of using different genres with aspects of superheroes, which genres would the rest of the MCU be?

Light hearted comedy adventure

I'm surprised they really haven't done a real "buddy cop" type of superhero film

>I'm surprised they really haven't done a real "buddy cop" type of superhero film

Iron Man 3?

>described as a political thriller
It isn't.

GotG is a space opera, obviously.

And the Thor movies are romantic comedies.

Delusional. It's a standard cape movie with political thriller elements.

It definitely comes the closest.
I really want to see a superhero horror movie from Marvel. Like a big screen version of the old Aliens vs WildCATS crossover.

Thor 3 seems to be adding ideas from that to an impending apocalypse setting

The Thor movies are goofy 80's/90's fantasy films.

Yeah, there were a few "barbarian comes to the real world and falls for present day girl" type movies back then.

Iron Man and the Kid? I really can't remember much of the movie
I mean more like two superheroes who don't like each other at the start have to team up to fight some super criminal and then become pals despite them being opposites

And Thor 2 is basically Krull, one of those bizarre 80's sci-fi/fantasy mixtures.

I kind of like those Thor movies for that reason.

why do people hate MCU here? i thought they got good reviews?

Other way round, it's a superhero movie with conspiracy/spy thriller elements.

Ant-Man has heist elements.

GotG has space opera elements

Iron Man 3 has buddy cop elements

The Avengers movies are pure superhero movies.

thats why the avengers is so fun

It could be argued that comics are more of a medium than a genre, which is why it allows a wide variety of stories

It's just jelly dc keks

GotG is pure space opera. There's no more superhero elements to it than there are to Star Wars.

There's no reason that we shouldn't have that with Falcon and Bucky.

That would have been great. I don't think the two of them could support a film.

>Capt America is missing
>falcon knows something bad happened
>the only man who can help him...is frozen in Zamunda

They then team up to find captain America.

It's funny, I always found the individual movies in the MCU better than the Avengers movies. Maybe it's because I liked them borrowing a bit from other genres instead of being pure superhero movies.

Ant-Man with some heist elements, TWS with some spy thriller elements, Cap 1 with the war setting. Avengers is fun, but I never got into it as much as the other ones. TDK is also another example, it's got some crime drama elements and it's not pure superhero fun. I feel like borrowing a bit from other genres keeps these movies from becoming too stale.

I'd call it more of a "covert espionage" movie, which is kind of how the comic is to some extent

Meh the 3rd act was typical heroes save exploding city that you see in every other marvel film

The movie doesn't have any espionage in it

The Thor movies feel a lot like European fantasy comics where the line between Scifi and Fantasy tends to be nonexistent.

I would kill to have them adapt JMS's Thor in a Game of Thrones type show, or even series of movies.

I would kill to see a Batman thriller from the perspective of the villains.

A buddy cop movie with Blue and Gold.

Horror will work so well with magic related stuffs.

>It could be argued
There's no argument.
Comics are a medium.
Superhero is a genre within that medium.

I can see them doing that with Captain Marvel. She's the hotshot fighter pilot ace who had cosmic power dumped on her lap- which only complicates her struggle to stay on the wagon- and she is tasked to solve some alien conspiracy with the aid of a by-the-books government spook called Jessica Drew.

Plus, the homoerotic subtext would be laid out in full.